PDA

View Full Version : Striker cover

wills
30-12-2014, 06:45 PM
With El Alagui out until mid February and Malonga of to the African cup of nations mid January do we have enough depth in our squad up front

Onceinawhile
30-12-2014, 06:50 PM
no.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Nope.

A striker is a must in the January window.

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 06:59 PM
With El Alagui out until mid February and Malonga of to the African cup of nations mid January do we have enough depth in our squad up front

No. But I do not expect any new signings in January.

wills
30-12-2014, 07:04 PM

Have to agree, think we must offload some deadwood first. That might take sometime to free up some cash

Eyrie
30-12-2014, 07:13 PM
When Malonga heads off to represent his country we'll be left with Cummings, Heffernan and the youngster Allan as El Alagui won't be back until February. So we need someone in early and it's likely that Heffernan will be kept on until the summer as cover.

Mikey
30-12-2014, 07:15 PM

Alan Stubbs made it clear during the visit to East Mains today that there would be signings in January, including a striker. And they'll be first team ready, not space fillers.

West hamBERNIAN
30-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Seems to be a fair amount of talk on twatter about Jack mcbean being offered a deal.

Tinribs
30-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Alan Stubbs made it clear during the visit to East Mains today that there would be signings in January, including a striker. And they'll be first team ready, not space fillers.

Hope we don't splurge all of the savings we are hoping to make from the debt restructure just for a quick fix though. We do need backup for Oxley and the strike force, just hope we are wise with any outgoings.

wazoo1875
30-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Stubbs said today that even if farid was fit and malonga wasn't away he was still gonna try and get another striker in.

ekhibee
30-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Is McBean a striker?

bingo70
30-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Is McBean a striker?

Yes, someone that was on the visit to east mains the day was saying though that Stubbs said he was unlikely to sign him.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Yes, someone that was on the visit to east mains the day was saying though that Stubbs said he was unlikely to sign him.

He said he needed players who would be ready to play 1st action straight away, and McBean is not ready to do that

Ronniekirk
30-12-2014, 09:20 PM
He said he needed players who would be ready to play 1st action straight away, and McBean is not ready to do that
Good to hear that Billy ,as without Malomga for up to six games we need someone who can fill his boots ,as when he has been missing or not on form we have struggled to put teams away at home in particular . Heff has had oppertunities and doesn't look like he can step up to the plate ,and Cummings on his own up top hasn't worked .

wills
30-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Read somewhere that Celtic might let Stokes go anyone heard anything?

woodythehibee
30-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Stubbsy said that even if Dom and Farid could play in Jan that he would still be looking to recruit a striker. Reckon the Heff will be away in Jan too. Hopefully we get the new striker as early as possible in Jan.

Colr
30-12-2014, 10:29 PM

Heffernan has been getting back to basics to help out.

http://www.deadpersonssociety.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cows_arse_banjo.jpg

Sean1875
30-12-2014, 10:48 PM

not heard anything, but there's more chance of my dog signing for Hibs than Stokes. in fairness though my dogs got good pace about him and definitely knows how to handle his balls :greengrin

Peevemor
30-12-2014, 10:57 PM
In LD's interview on Sky re. the share issue thing, she spoke about the January window and specifically how we are going to be short of strikers, so I reckon there are people already targeted.

Jones28
31-12-2014, 02:40 AM

They'll let him go for over a million, sofa change for us.

If he goes he'll go to the championship or the premier league