PDA

View Full Version : Half-time drills.

tamig
29-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Haven't seen this posted before but forgive me if I'm covering old ground. One of the good things Stubbs and his backroom team have brought to the club this season has been the warm ups and the half-time drills. Everything is geared towards having a couple of touches, moving the ball at speed and retaining possession - all in a tight space. All very professional and related to game play. The hun subs on the other hand at ht did an old Hibs style knock about of some keepie uppies and fancy flicks pinging 40 yard balls at each other. It's good to see these small changes and it's been there since the Innerleithen pre-season trip. Good stuff imo.

S4uzee
29-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Haven't seen this posted before but forgive me if I'm covering old ground. One of the good things Stubbs and his backroom team have brought to the club this season has been the warm ups and the half-time drills. Everything is geared towards having a couple of touches, moving the ball at speed and retaining possession - all in a tight space. All very professional and related to game play. The hun subs on the other hand at ht did an old Hibs style knock about of some keepie uppies and fancy flicks pinging 40 yard balls at each other. It's good to see these small changes and it's been there since the Innerleithen pre-season trip. Good stuff imo.

:agree: and the players look like they enjoy it aswell

Haymaker
29-12-2014, 04:02 PM

Warm ups should reflect what you are about to do on the pitch so The Rangers one was well suited! :greengrin

greenlex
29-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I noticed Oxley out doing a routine long before the team came out at half time. Don't think this was something we have done before Saturday and wondered of it was to get him used to being in front of the Hun hordes?

speedy_gonzales
29-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I noticed Oxley out doing a routine long before the team came out at half time. Don't think this was something we have done before Saturday and wondered of it was to get him used to being in front of the Hun hordes?
Probably more to do with the fact that he needed to warm up as he had precious little to do in the opening 45 ;-)

greenlex
29-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Probably more to do with the fact that he needed to warm up as he had precious little to do in the opening 45 ;-) :tee hee:

Pretty Boy
29-12-2014, 04:18 PM

I think he's come out early a few times this season to warm up at the start of the 2nd half. The under 20s keepers do it in their games as well.

greenlex
29-12-2014, 04:20 PM
I think he's come out early a few times this season to warm up at the start of the 2nd half. The under 20s keepers do it in their games as well. Never noticed it before PB. Usually got my head in my hands at not having won the Half Time draw yet again.

lyonhibs
29-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Makes a difference from the old "nae bother just go oot and have a kickabout " routine of previous regimes

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2014, 04:28 PM
The The Rangers only seemed to be warming up during their drills and the ones that were not starting look like they were having a wee kick about in the street before getting shouted in for their tea.

alnewhaven
29-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I think Oxley and Combe have been coming out early during the break for a few games now

ACLeith
29-12-2014, 04:58 PM
The TRFC HT drills showed how far the relationship between their coaching staff and players had broken down, Moshni preferred to watch the kids' game and acted as their ball-boy rather than do drills. He eventually did join the others in their amateurish work.

Though maybe he was told to go and watch the kids to see if he could learn how to defend and left them when he realised the kids were in a different league to him? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
29-12-2014, 05:45 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkqpx7ic4jA

Short clip. Half time yesterday.

tamig
29-12-2014, 07:20 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkqpx7ic4jA

Short clip. Half time yesterday.

Aye, that was after all the subs had taken part in the drill in the 10 metre square.

Colr
29-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Stubbs seems to be trying to pull the club into the modern era which I am really glad about. Collins tried the same and was undermined but hopefully, Stubbs carries the loyalty of the team and Petrie won't make the same mistake as he did with Collins.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Stubbs seems to be trying to pull the club into the modern era which I am really glad about. Collins tried the same and was undermined but hopefully, Stubbs carries the loyalty of the team and Petrie won't make the same mistake as he did with Collins.

More to the point, Stubbs won't make the same mistakes as Collins did.

Which is why he carries the loyalty of the team.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2014, 10:41 PM
The pre match warm up was interesting as well. High intensity ball work and then the shooting practice was mixed up with Gray and Stevenson having a couple of practice crosses (with Heffernan doing the finishing).