PDA

View Full Version : Pumping The Yams

gordieboy
29-12-2014, 12:42 AM
As it says on the tin,were going to pump the yams and spoil their unbeaten run party :flag:

Diclonius
29-12-2014, 01:07 AM
The amount of times we have gotten a big massive head of steam before a derby followed by crashing back down to earth is getting tiresome.

Last win over Hearts by more than a goal: 29 October 2005.
Last win over Hearts by more than two goals: 22 October 2000.

Let's just try and get a win, and let's be realistic. We NEED to be at our absolute best to compete on Saturday. They won't **** about.

Sean1875
29-12-2014, 02:38 AM
given up getting confident coming up to a derby. I say it everytime but a scrappy 1-0 win is more than enough for me. want to shut these pink gunts up, getting tired of all their invincible chat. the fact I'm travelling Australia just now with a Jambo means it would make it all the sweeter!

gordieboy
29-12-2014, 05:10 AM
given up getting confident coming up to a derby. I say it everytime but a scrappy 1-0 win is more than enough for me. want to shut these pink gunts up, getting tired of all their invincible chat. the fact I'm travelling Australia just now with a Jambo means it would make it all the sweeter!

A goal in the first 5 minutes and we will cruise the game 3.1 or 4.1 i think

Hermit Crab
29-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Im confident we can give them a game. Keep it tight, play the easy balls and cut out any silly errors and we will do ok. We were the better team in the previous 2 Derbys this season so hopefully it will be third time lucky. Get Allan on the ball with the boys ahead of him making the runs.

This is no game for anyone to hide in thats for sure. I also think Fontaine will be important, he's been improving game by game and is still getting better imo. They will be up for it there's no question about it, here's a chance to,silence them on their own patch let's make sure we take it.

Hermit Crab
29-12-2014, 05:58 AM

Not it quite but it would be nice.

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-12-2014, 06:23 AM
Really looking forward to it - bring it on.

EdinMike
29-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Can't see it myself, and the most pessimistic I get in Derbies is 0-0- or 1-1 draws...

Just got a bad feeling...

Pete
29-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Can't see it myself, and the most pessimistic I get in Derbies is 0-0- or 1-1 draws...

Just got a bad feeling...

They've been scraping wins recently. Why do you have a bad feeling?

It will be a tough game with their midfield being extremely hard to get the better of but it's winnable.

This is hearts that we have more than matched this season, not the 1940s Torino team.

Mind you, I bet some people still think that "wishful thinking" is still all we have even after putting Rangers to the sword. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
29-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Scraping wins? Last 4 games 4-1, 2-0, 0-2 and 0-1. By that logic we'd have been scraping wins as well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Not too keen on threads like this. We go on about how we are going to hammer them etc when we usually are the ones getting beat.

Fwiw though - I hope we can get the win, couldn't care how we do it.

lord bunberry
29-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Hibs are 100/30 to get the win, with hearts at 8/11. I'll be having some of that. They won't be able to live with us if we play as well as we did on Saturday.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Hibs are 100/30 to get the win, with hearts at 8/11. I'll be having some of that. They won't be able to live with us if we play as well as we did on Saturday.

Who with?

lord bunberry
29-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Who with?

Skybet

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Hearts are far better than the Huns, (not difficult) and have players who actually want to play for the club. They will fancy their chances of shutting down the Allan-Robertson-Craig menace in midfield. It's a huge game for them - if they avoid defeat they have a real chance of going through the season unbeaten, as their organised, committed style means they are grinding down teams. However, they really aren't that good, and if they suffer a loss, the QOS's, Falkirk's and Raith's of this world might fancy their chances more against them.

To my mind it's got a draw written all over it, by I fancy Hibs to nick it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Skybet

Very tasty price. I'll be having some of that.

Islington Hibs
29-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Hearts are far better than the Huns, (not difficult) and have players who actually want to play for the club. They will fancy their chances of shutting down the Allan-Robertson-Craig menace in midfield. It's a huge game for them - if they avoid defeat they have a real chance of going through the season unbeaten, as their organised, committed style means they are grinding down teams. However, they really aren't that good, and if they suffer a loss, the QOS's, Falkirk's and Raith's of this world might fancy their chances more against them.

To my mind it's got a draw written all over it, by I fancy Hibs to nick it.

Good post in as much as I agree with it 100%!

They are favorites, for sure, but they have more to lose than us and I just have that feeling..... but lets not get carried away.....

mutley
29-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Let's face it, my derby confidence is never really that high, far too many disappointments, however , the last one at ER, we led them for a long time and they only drew level by a "hit and hope" wonder strike that fluked them to a draw

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm confident we can take something from the game. As with most derbies at Tynecastle, I'll settle for a point going into the game - as long as its not in the same circumstances as Octobers derby! They are riding high at the top of the league but all they are is an average team in a below average league. We are more than capable of beating them, but rest assured if we are to beat them it will be the hard way with the usual one goal margin. We don't do convincing wins in derbies.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2014, 09:44 AM
I will take not getting beat, but we are overdue a result there. Seems all set up, if it accepted that we play better away from home and we play better against teams that don't sit in. Would prefer that we just let the game come along and ditched the catcalls and boasting. Stubbs was quick to tell the players, publicly, how to behave over the next few days. I will leave the build up to him. What we want to get and what we think we will get are two different questions.

southern hibby
29-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Hibs to dominate the game and I mean dominate. Difference is we will score 2 or 3 more than them. They are nothing and I mean nothing worth bothering about.

GGTTH

Dinkydoo
29-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Hibs to utterly dominate and win 2 - 1

sleeping giant
29-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Hibs to dominate the game and I mean dominate. Difference is we will score 2 or 3 more than them. They are nothing and I mean nothing worth bothering about.

GGTTH
I like this post and I mean I like this post :agree:

kaimendhibs
29-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I haven't been this confident ahead of a derby for ages, honestly believe we are going to cuff them!

southern hibby
29-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I like this post and I mean I like this post :agree:

I see what you did there. I mean I see what you did there

GGTTH

emerald green
29-12-2014, 03:11 PM

Hibs have a decent chance of winning on Saturday if every Hibs player plays well, we get a fair referee, and nobody gets sent off.

However, I just cannot see the Yaks being as easily beaten as The Rangers were on Saturday. I don't think Hibs will be allowed to play as they did on Saturday. Any bets Scott Allan gets clattered early doors and the referee doesn't want to know? This will be a much harder game.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Whilst not infallible, Hearts are a far better side than Sevco, particularly at Tynecastle.

I think we have a chance on Saturday but we'll need to play as well, if not better, than we did against Sevco.

We'll potentially need to score three goals to win as they've only failed once this season to score more than once in a game at Tynecastle.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Would take a point now tbh

Will be a close game with a scrappy goal winning it either way.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm not going to mouth off about pumping them or whatever but we have a real chance of winning this game. They are undoubtedly a decent team but we have more than matched them in the previous 2 ganes this season and really should have more than 2 point to show for our efforts.

As lonf as we turn up and put in a performance then the result will take care of itself.

Manxhibs
29-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Their game plan revolves around stopping Allan playing, well we all saw how that worked out for Black on Saturday. Scott is too good a player to be worried by a few inbred Jamboids. So provided we get midfield runners and malonga/Cummings are on their game, we will win :).

I cannot wait! I hate them so much!

Crops73
29-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Too optimistic me thinks.

Reality would be a wee win of any sorts.

--------
29-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Too optimistic me thinks.

Reality would be a wee win of any sorts.

Yup. Too many occasions when the support have been sounding off big time like here, then something goes a wee bit wrong on the pitch and everybody goes quiet ....

And then the girning begins.

Turkish Green
29-12-2014, 05:23 PM
And that was when they were really **** under Locke.

how many games have we gone into with confidence only to be swept away by bad luck. Personally I will be happy with a draw.

CallumLaidlaw
29-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Thing is we praise the hearts fans almost for their confidence going into games, and claim that the confidence will be felt by the players, but when us hibbies do it, we are "overconfident".
There is no reason why we shouldn't go into this with confidence. We have won 3 in a row, have put in better performances than they have in recent weeks, and we are now taking the chances that we were missing. The players that were looking nervous previously like Craig and Robertson, now look confident and are clearly enjoying their football.
We are more than capable of winning on Saturday.

southern hibby
29-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Come Saturday evening we will be giving it tight to any inbred that happens to be close about how easy we beat them.
Trust me we will. I have more confidence that we will beat them, than their 400,000 strong have of beating us.

FACT.

GGTTH

Allan45
29-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I think we will actually win this one, as confidence is high, and from the stands I noticed a lot of positives from the team against Rangers.
we are a team now, good team spirit and every player working for each other. Hearts are strong, but we will be stronger.
The season is not over yet.......l.:flag:

Turkish Green
29-12-2014, 06:10 PM

GGTTH
I very much doubt we will. They have conceded only 8 league goals in 18 games, the probability is that they will only concede 1 goal on Saturday. So a scrappy 1-0 win would do me.

Stringer
29-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Important that we don't get sucked into normal Derby antics. Hearts support got to Craig last game, no composure

Kato
29-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Yup. Too many occasions when the support have been sounding off big time like here, then something goes a wee bit wrong on the pitch and everybody goes quiet ....

And then the girning begins.

Is that online girning or in private?

Baader
30-12-2014, 12:39 AM
Seen it all before concerning derbys. Confidence goes out the window I'm afraid...

Just hope we perform to the level we are capable of and we'll be okay. Too often we underperform and basically bottle it against that bunch. Need a good start and watch one of the hammer throwers doesn't try to nail Allan early on. Leveins type of tactic that...

GlasgowHibee
30-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Head says a flukey 2-1 victory for them, heart says 2-0 win with a last minute counter attacking goal scored by JC35 :thumbsup:

Jones28
30-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Hibs have a decent chance of winning on Saturday if every Hibs player plays well, we get a fair referee, and nobody gets sent off.

However, I just cannot see the Yaks being as easily beaten as The Rangers were on Saturday. I don't think Hibs will be allowed to play as they did on Saturday. Any bets Scott Allan gets clattered early doors and the referee doesn't want to know? This will be a much harder game.

Ian black tried to do it and screwed up their entire game on saturday.

Allan is a very good player, they'd have to get bear him to have a chance at clattering him.

I had a feeling about the rangers game and u have a feeling about this one too, 1-3 Hibs - Cummings, malonga and Allan to score

monktonharp
30-12-2014, 01:10 AM
we are due a slice of luck in this fixture. they always seem to get it. we outplayed them last time, and we were not at our best. this time, on Saturday's performance we are at our best. result: Hibs win. and we are the ones that are most capable of ending their "unbeatable" ideas :wink:

DTS
30-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Imo we can't loose this game because if we do and the Huns win then that's is straight back to seven points adrift undoing the great performance at the weekend, whereas a win maintains the pressure and with it being an early kick off it would mount the pressure on them even more and then we won't have to face either of the **** for a while and can really get a run of proper wins under our belts

lord bunberry
30-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Thing is we praise the hearts fans almost for their confidence going into games, and claim that the confidence will be felt by the players, but when us hibbies do it, we are "overconfident".
There is no reason why we shouldn't go into this with confidence. We have won 3 in a row, have put in better performances than they have in recent weeks, and we are now taking the chances that we were missing. The players that were looking nervous previously like Craig and Robertson, now look confident and are clearly enjoying their football.
We are more than capable of winning on Saturday.

:top marks:

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-12-2014, 06:57 AM
I'm confident, dunno about anyone else. We played them off the park last time and have improved a lot since then.

If we have prepared properly and take our chances which we will undoubtedly create then we will win.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm going with my prediction for every Derby,we will get pumped again.

emerald green
30-12-2014, 03:51 PM

Allan is a very good player, they'd have to get bear him to have a chance at clattering him.

I had a feeling about the rangers game and u have a feeling about this one too, 1-3 Hibs - Cummings, malonga and Allan to score

I really hope you're right! Nonetheless, the referee is going to have to give Allan protection on Saturday because they will target him IMO.

Black got taken off on Saturday after he was booked and looked like he was going to get himself sent off. He had totally lost it. I don't think they will be that crazy.

PS: Hibs would have destroyed The Rangers on Saturday whether Black was on the pitch for 90 minutes or not. I'm not sure what "their entire game" consisted of TBH.

Turkish Green
31-12-2014, 01:23 AM

My worry is that The Rangers are not Hearts. Neilson will have done his homework. They have midfielders far more apt than stupid Black at nullifying the opposition. I am sure the Spaniard Pallardo will be told to kill the game in midfield. Hearts do tend to attack down the wings so a dead midfield will suit their style.

Still I feel it will be a close result. 1-0 to whichever team wins the midfield battle.

Jones28
31-12-2014, 02:38 AM
I really hope you're right! Nonetheless, the referee is going to have to give Allan protection on Saturday because they will target him IMO.

Black got taken off on Saturday after he was booked and looked like he was going to get himself sent off. He had totally lost it. I don't think they will be that crazy.

PS: Hibs would have destroyed The Rangers on Saturday whether Black was on the pitch for 90 minutes or not. I'm not sure what "their entire game" consisted of TBH.

Their gameplan was, in my view, to clatter our best player early doors and use black to almost literally punch through us.

Neilson will, as TG has said above, have done his homework and they are also a much better side than rangers. It will be tough but if the team play as we did on Saturday then there's only one winner here, and it ain't the ****ing jambos

PeeJay
31-12-2014, 10:42 AM
It's quite natural for fans of a club to say that their team will win the local derby - but we've surely all seen even really good Hibs teams losing a derby, so form basically goes out the window and it often seems to be a matter of which team actually wants to win the game on any given derby day. Objective fans would probably say that a Hearts home win is most likely, and a win by Hibs would be a surprise. I'd go with that myself, we haven't been consistent enough and Hearts are far better organised and a much better team than The Rangers, they will not be as easy to break down. Plus the motivation factor on their part cannot be underestimated.

Still, maybe we could do to Hearts what their fans are claiming their team did to The Rangers - derail them, and make the run in to the end of the season a really interesting one? I hope we win - can't really see a pumping coming up though ....

1875Sean
31-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Anyone who think we will pump them then Hibs -1 is 8s with paddy power :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
31-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Anyone who think we will pump them then Hibs -1 is 8s with paddy power :thumbsup:

I'm already on at 15/2. I noticed that hearts have drifted out to evens and hibs have shortened to 13/5

Eyrie
31-12-2014, 12:44 PM
If the Yams can drag us into a battle then they'll win.

If we can keep playing football then we'll win.

GreenLake
31-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Hibs played quite well in the last derby and if luck evens itself out over time, Ozturk will slice the ball into the roof of his own net and Hearts bank accounts will be looted by the North Koreans.

I see a Hibs win if we get a fair referee.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Hibs played quite well in the last derby and if luck evens itself out over time, Ozturk will slice the ball into the roof of his own net and Hearts bank accounts will be looted by the North Koreans.

I see a Hibs win if we get a fair referee.

Well that takes care of evening things out for this season.

What about the other 20 million slices of good fortune that they've had against us over the years?

Flanny boy
31-12-2014, 06:28 PM

What about the other 20 million slices of good fortune that they've had against us over the years?
That's right trig if good fortune levelled itself out it would be no contest we would win by a country mile
but like all hibs fans we just hope for 3 points on Saturday regardless of how we get them.ggtth

pontius pilate
31-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Going into this confident. As other have said on here and as mentioned on talk sport earlier when previewing the spirs v chelsea derby both chelski and the yams go into these derbies believing they will win whereas both us and spirs fans wise hope we get a result. Not anymore im confident and will stay confident we will beat them cant wait to burst thier bubble. Lets get behi d the ream as always and make them believe we can do this.

GGTTH

whiskyhibby
03-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Lovely day for a yam roast at tynie. [emoji1]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/3bb46ee78de755dcb4ac50994e44d275.jpg

GreenLake
03-01-2015, 12:37 PM

A 7.0 Scottish Cup Final win would hardly make a dent in their luck load.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm going with my prediction for every Derby,we will get pumped again.
Think the days of them pumping us are gone .We have now shown under Stubbs we are more than capable of matching them ,but he has said we are capable of improving further with players we have and we clearly need to do that to beat them . Another good couple of additions in Transfer window and a fit on form Farid would also help