PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Jambos salivating over their support at Livi.

SkintHibby
28-12-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm sure that for a while the Hibs support at Livi topped 10,000 and was a record.

I know my facts and might end up being swamped by tramps on FB.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm sure that for a while the Hibs support at Livi topped 10,000 and was a record.

I think their record attendance at home is, or was v der hun last decade.

Turkish Green
28-12-2014, 05:57 PM

I believe the Rent-A-Name Arena has a capacity these days of less than 10,000 but it was topped way back when Sevco had a travelling support. Doubt it was at capacity yesterday as Livi's home support is three guys and a drum.

hibees 7062
28-12-2014, 06:05 PM

8178 inc drums

weonlywon6-2
28-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Hearts have always had a thing about size.
When they take that number to ibrox or parkhead they can make a deal about it.
till then ,shut up,it was virtually a home game

Onceinawhile
28-12-2014, 06:19 PM
To be fair, it's a very good turnout, so I'm not surprised they're shouting about it. We would be too.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 06:21 PM
To be fair, it's a very good turnout, so I'm not surprised they're shouting about it. We would be too.

:agree:

28-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Heats have always had a thing about size.
When they take that number to ibrox or parkhead they can make a deal about it.
till then ,shut up,it was virtually a home game

hearts will use anything they can to self-glorify

Paisley Hibby
28-12-2014, 06:32 PM

Fixed the title for you.

Ringothedog
28-12-2014, 06:32 PM

If you read kickboak you will see that we won 4-0 yesterday because they finished the Rangers as a club by defeating them 2-0 in November and that our result is no big deal. They are a bunch of deluded, classless ********s who have ideas way above their real station in Life.

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 06:33 PM
A team riding high, an away fixture virtually on the doorstep on a weekend in between Christmas and New Year - always going to attract a large away following.
There were as many Hearts fans at Livvy as there were for their Scottish Cup tie against Celtic at Tynecastle. They didn't expect to win that one mind.

Bronson
28-12-2014, 06:34 PM
7000 I believe they took, quite impressive although if we were in their position I fully believe we'd have taken just as much.

I recall us taking 6000-7000 to Ibrox in the 0-3 cup game and that's a fair trek further from Edinburgh than Livingston. Livi is about as local an away day as you can ask for from Edinburgh, practically an Edinburgh team considering they used to be Meadowbank Thistle.

Nevertheless, I always like to see big crowds in Scottish football, so good on them.

28-12-2014, 06:36 PM
If you read kickboak you will see that we won 4-0 yesterday because they finished the Rangers as a club by defeating them 2-0 in November and that our result is no big deal. They are a bunch of deluded, classless ********s who have ideas way above their real station in Life.

Oh I see, just like the time they "killed us a a club" :rolleyes:

Your right, utterly cringeworthy the lot of them.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2014, 06:44 PM
It's a good number that they had yesterday but if we were in their position, we would have taken just as many to Livingston.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2014, 06:46 PM
A team riding high, an away fixture virtually on the doorstep on a weekend in between Christmas and New Year - always going to attract a large away following.
There were as many Hearts fans at Livvy as there were for their Scottish Cup tie against Celtic at Tynecastle. They didn't expect to win that one mind.

:agree: "Glory" hunters - where were they at away games other than ER last season?

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 06:48 PM
7000 I believe they took, quite impressive although if we were in their position I fully believe we'd have taken just as much.

I recall us taking 6000-7000 to Ibrox in the 0-3 cup game and that's a fair trek further from Edinburgh than Livingston. Livi is about as local an away day as you can ask for from Edinburgh, practically an Edinburgh team considering they used to be Meadowbank Thistle.

Nevertheless, I always like to see big crowds in Scottish football, so good on them.

The most impressive Hibs travelling support I remember was the festive fixture away to Dundee Utd in 2004 when Tony Mowbray's team swept them aside 4-1 in front of over 5000 Hibbies. A great day out that was.

Glory Lurker
28-12-2014, 06:53 PM
I recall us taking 6000-7000 (tel:6000-7000) to Ibrox in the 0-3 cup game and that's a fair trek further from Edinburgh than Livingston.

:agree: Kicking off at lunchtime. Live on Sky. Against a team that, unlike the yams' opposition yesterday, a win was far from guaranteed.

Rockets, every single last one of them.

Ringothedog
28-12-2014, 06:54 PM
It's a good number that they had yesterday but if we were in their position, we would have taken just as many to Livingston.

Don't be silly!! a wee club like ours could never take that sort of support. They are a big huge massive enormous club compared to us, in fact we are a total irrelevance. Anything we do pales into insignificance compared to what they do ,if it wasn't for them softening up all our opponents then we would never win a game. We should be thankful and grateful for having them as our caring neighbours.

Northernhibee
28-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Eight thousand out of 400k is piss poor really.

Bronson
28-12-2014, 07:06 PM
The most impressive Hibs travelling support I remember was the festive fixture away to Dundee Utd in 2004 when Tony Mowbray's team swept them aside 4-1 in front of over 5000 Hibbies. A great day out that was.

The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

:agree: Kicking off at lunchtime. Live on Sky. Against a team that, unlike the yams' opposition yesterday, a win was far from guaranteed.

Rockets, every single last one of them.

A very impressive support that day, I don't know of any club getting that size of allocation for an away day at Ibrox other than Celtic? Certainly not in recent years, speaks volumes.

O'Rourke3
28-12-2014, 07:09 PM
They're just getting used to it. Probably be playing there soon....

Bostonhibby
28-12-2014, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Bronson;4258574]The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

Quarter final of the cup? if so I have been in a few great crowds numerically but the atmosphere there was terrific - had a couple of guys up from here with me and they couldn't get over it. Griffiths performance alone was worth the entrance money, as was the .net red double decker bus :thumbsup:

Glory Lurker
28-12-2014, 07:13 PM
They're just getting used to it. Probably be playing there soon....

:top marks

Bet their home support won't match yesterday's turnout.

BH Hibs
28-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Jambos in attendance **** shocker. Let's hope there's plenty there greeting next week when they get gubbed. :flag:

Bristolhibby
28-12-2014, 07:16 PM

That was the day of the Tsunami. Went up to that game. Did we not go 1-0 down? Alan Orman scored IIRC.

J

Bronson
28-12-2014, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Bronson;4258574] The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

Quarter final of the cup? if so I have been in a few great crowds numerically but the atmosphere there was terrific - had a couple of guys up from here with me and they couldn't get over it. Griffiths performance alone was worth the entrance money, as was the .net red double decker bus :thumbsup:

The very same, cracking day. One of the biggest away supports I've been involved in (Hampden aside), not often teams outside the old firm take that kind of crowd to away games.

iwasthere1972
28-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I remember going through to Livi (5 November 2005) Attendance that day was 8,300 and there were about 6,500 of us.

Okay it was the top division and we were third in the league at the time. Hearts were top and Celtic were 2nd. Don't know if anybody will remember them but a team called Rangers were 4th.

2-1 for the Hibees that night. :aok:

H18Y GW
28-12-2014, 08:33 PM
They draw a lot of support in the Banjo playing zones ,so practically a Home game..

hibsbollah
28-12-2014, 08:37 PM

It was actually 7500 we took and filled the Broomloan. I remember because I asked the ticket office at the time and id bought virtually the last ticket. Loudest crowd ive ever been in.

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 08:39 PM
That was the day of the Tsunami. Went up to that game. Did we not go 1-0 down? Alan Orman scored IIRC.

J

He did , and we were 1 down early after a Jason Scoitlkand strike - http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixture/2393222/

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-12-2014, 08:40 PM
As much as I hate to say it, it's hard to have a dash at them for a turnout like that.

Bronson
28-12-2014, 09:08 PM
It was actually 7500 we took and filled the Broomloan. I remember because I asked the ticket office at the time and id bought virtually the last ticket. Loudest crowd ive ever been in.

Aye I knew it was in that ball park, took the whole stand behind the goals in a 50,000 seater stadium so it was a huge number. Gutted I missed that one, looked incredible, sadly I was a bit too young to go through myself.

Broken Gnome
28-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Was 5500. A third of the Broomloan was sectioned off.

Itsnoteasy
28-12-2014, 11:22 PM
The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

A very impressive support that day, I don't know of any club getting that size of allocation for an away day at Ibrox other than Celtic? Certainly not in recent years, speaks volumes.

Killie was immense the whole stand was rocking from start to finish

givescotlandfreedom
28-12-2014, 11:25 PM
These are the gimps that couldn't get anywhere even close to filling their section at ER for two cup semis and one of them wasn't on TV and was £15 a pop. Fuds

lucky
28-12-2014, 11:31 PM
It's the second biggest away support of this weekend. Middlesbrough had more at Blacburn today but as much as I dislike them it's a great support so well done to them

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-12-2014, 01:37 AM
We would 100% do the same if we were 15 points clear and unbeaten! They are the most fair weather fans going. Not turned up two seasons in a row against Celtic in the cup because they knew they were in for hidings.
Took 8000 to Hampden for a national semi against Celtic in 2012 because they expected to get beat.
Pitched up to the 6-2 game at ER with 800 fans because they knew they were in for an absolute doing. They then pretended to be protesting because our tickets were £1 dearer than theirs. Actual clowns.
Would love to see their support if they had endured our last 7 or so years. Wouldn't be a patch on what we still get

Sean1875
29-12-2014, 01:44 AM
We would 100% do the same if we were 15 points clear and unbeaten! They are the most fair weather fans going. Not turned up two seasons in a row against Celtic in the cup because they knew they were in for hidings.
Took 8000 to Hampden for a national semi against Celtic in 2012 because they expected to get beat.
Pitched up to the 6-2 game at ER with 800 fans because they knew they were in for an absolute doing. They then pretended to be protesting because our tickets were £1 dearer than theirs. Actual clowns.
Would love to see their support if they had endured our last 7 or so years. Wouldn't be a patch on what we still get

Spot on. The way they go on about attendances is cringeworthy. only reason they get so many at home games is because most of the season tickets were bought by people guilt-tripped into thinking they'd single handedly kill their club if they didn't buy one.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Spot on. The way they go on about attendances is cringeworthy. only reason they get so many at home games is because most of the season tickets were bought by people guilt-tripped into thinking they'd single handedly kill their club if they didn't buy one.

Exactly. And yet they STILL felt the need to lie about attendances all of last season.

Cameron1875
29-12-2014, 06:50 AM
They are strange people but even more so when it comes to attendances. Was this the case pre-vlad or just since they started the big club stuff?

Often get texts after a Hearts win that are like "16 thousand at Tynie the day" as if any Hibee actually gives a toss.

Usually it's then followed by a patronising question asking how there was only say 9k at ER.

Bizarre :confused:

Pete
29-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Taking 8000 to livi and 3000 to Cowdenbeath midweek is some achievement no matter how you look at it.

They are clear at the top and looking to push their team over the line so they are bound to turn out. The last two games have been narrow victories so who's to say that the extra numbers didn't make that small difference?

Anyway, our 9-10 thousand hardcore deserve more credit for turning up for home games than their glory hunters do. Most teams would have nobody watching them if they were presented with all the **** that we have had to endure.

We're the best fans in the world. They can be second best if they want :greengrin

Www1875hfc
29-12-2014, 07:15 AM

Exactly. And I know a good few puddledrinkers that actually only purchased a concession season ticket.
That tells you everything.
They couldn't even sell out Easter Rd for their semi finals ffs.
One things for sure tho,they will never get 20k for a derby :wink:

brog
29-12-2014, 09:40 AM
We took at least 8,000 to Livi in 2001, the Sunday after home AEK game. Livi's official capacity was 10,000 & official crowd was 10,016!! There were supporters everywhere, all over the track being moved by the police to find space. At first yesterday Yams support was being touted as 8,000 until official attendance was shown as just over 8,000. Now if only those pesky Livi officials thought attendance meant season tickets plus those extra who turn up then Yams could have had an orgasmic crowd claiming moment.
PS, whichever way you cut it more Yams turned up on Saturday than went to PBS to see them humped by Celtc in the cup. Big team my erchie!

Sprouleflyer
29-12-2014, 12:39 PM

30th Sept 2001, 1-0 for Livi.

Crowd 10,016.

It was the first game after the AEK game at ER.

A lot more hibby's that day than the paltry 7000 jamboids on Saturday!

Sprouleflyer
29-12-2014, 12:39 PM
We took at least 8,000 to Livi in 2001, the Sunday after home AEK game. Livi's official capacity was 10,000 & official crowd was 10,016!! There were supporters everywhere, all over the track being moved by the police to find space. At first yesterday Yams support was being touted as 8,000 until official attendance was shown as just over 8,000. Now if only those pesky Livi officials thought attendance meant season tickets plus those extra who turn up then Yams could have had an orgasmic crowd claiming moment.
PS, whichever way you cut it more Yams turned up on Saturday than went to PBS to see them humped by Celtc in the cup. Big team my erchie!

Beat me to it!!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2014, 12:51 PM
What they don't say is that in keeping with all things Hearts, the away support only coughed up 2p in every £1.00

erin go bragh
29-12-2014, 01:46 PM

Quite possibly the best Hi Bee bounce ever . You could feel the whole stand bouncing .

Ggtth

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Sure that I heard Preston on the radio saying, "well done to the ground staff at Livingston for managing to put on a game that was never in doubt".

emerald green
29-12-2014, 02:00 PM

Oh I see, just like the time they "killed us a a club" :rolleyes:

Your right, utterly cringeworthy the lot of them.

Exactly. And yet they STILL felt the need to lie about attendances all of last season.

They are strange people but even more so when it comes to attendances. Was this the case pre-vlad or just since they started the big club stuff?

Often get texts after a Hearts win that are like "16 thousand at Tynie the day" as if any Hibee actually gives a toss.

Usually it's then followed by a patronising question asking how there was only say 9k at ER.

Bizarre :confused:

:agree: all of the above. :aok:

Ringothedog
29-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Taking 8000 to livi and 3000 to Cowdenbeath midweek is some achievement no matter how you look at it.

They are clear at the top and looking to push their team over the line so they are bound to turn out. The last two games have been narrow victories so who's to say that the extra numbers didn't make that small difference?

Anyway, our 9-10 thousand hardcore deserve more credit for turning up for home games than their glory hunters do. Most teams would have nobody watching them if they were presented with all the **** that we have had to endure.

We're the best fans in the world. They can be second best if they want :greengrin

I will never give those mutants credit for anything. **** them all.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-12-2014, 10:31 PM
They'll be moving there soon so were just trying it out for size :agree: