PDA

View Full Version : Billy boys/famine song

givescotlandfreedom
28-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Both belted out early yesterday (about all that they sung). Punishment please.

Green&White
28-12-2014, 03:12 PM
It's a folk song don't you know....

silverhibee
28-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Both belted out early yesterday (about all that they sung). Punishment please.

Queen B will be making a statement soon.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Derrys Walls and Born Under Union Jack also got an airing.

Sad, sad individuals.

basehibby
28-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Someone would probably have to complain to the polis before they'd do anything - can't see many Hibbies being ersed with it though - too busy watching highlights and just being happy :greengrin

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 04:29 PM
They have a whole thread on Rangers media dedicated to no no Pope of Rome.......:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
28-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Incredible really, I just can't make the historical connection between the period and events in history they sing about and a newly formed football team that seems to have been set up by someone called Whyte, or was it Green?

Maybe these people are who they should really be singing about? At least there is a connection to the traditions and origins of their team, albeit very recent.

The alternative might be to wait a few more years to see if they actually achieve something worth singing about in return for all the spending, but a few years they ain't got :greengrin Maybe The the rangers will have some better songs?

hibbymick
28-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Queen B will be making a statement soon.

Queen B better have her hearing aid turned on next week.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Queen B better have her hearing aid turned on next week.

This. :agree:

Theres a thread on kickback about hearts fans singing billy boys yesterday. Bet she never heard that.

Barney McGrew
28-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Theres a thread on kickback about hearts fans singing billy boys yesterday. Bet she never heard that.

If they did then you can bet it would have been Celtc's fault :agree:

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 05:20 PM
If they did then you can bet it would have been Celtc's fault :agree:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/147716-that-section-of-support-today-have-a-word/

They have locked the thread now.

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Does anyone seriously take offence to these songs nowadays?
I just find the whole thing laughable - grown men defiantly banging out their lame anthems. Similarly, I always hang on when in the Celtic Club before Hibs games at Parkhead to see the side-splittingly cringeful sight of a lounge full of Scotsmen standing rigidly to attention with their hands behind their backs for the Irish National Anthem.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Extremely sad that we're hearing songs like this at a football match but trying to change the mindset of these people is pretty much impossible.

Haymaker
28-12-2014, 05:33 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/147716-that-section-of-support-today-have-a-word/

They have locked the thread now.

:faf: "The more young kids coming into the club the better" Aye I bet ya beasts! :faf:

Bostonhibby
28-12-2014, 05:34 PM
I just find the whole thing laughable - grown men defiantly banging out their lame anthems. Similarly, I always hang on when in the Celtic Club before Hibs games at Parkhead to see the side-splittingly cringeful sight of a lounge full of Scotsmen standing rigidly to attention with their hands behind their backs for the Irish National Anthem.

I do, I am an atheist but the idea of someone rejoicing in being up to their knees in someone else's blood over a football allegiance or anything else makes me wonder what else might be going on in that type of persons minds, and what else might be acceptable to them - similar view about your example above, but I agree it does actually seem a bit amusing / absurd in context. Could see Monty Python having a field day with that one.

Turkish Green
28-12-2014, 05:36 PM

I too find it laughable that someone can get angry over a song. The Huns, Huns Lite, The Tims, Tims Lite!!!

i find it all so childish in this day and age. But each to our own, I suppose. Pathetic really.

happiehibbie
28-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I agree that the songs a pitiful

but did you notice the numpty with the trip colour in the east stand !! they looked about 14 i would imagine not got a clue about the flag,history or the people who have died in a trouble torn country

but what a performance from our team long may it continue

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 05:40 PM

but did you notice the numpty with the trip colour in the east stand !! they looked about 14 i would imagine not got a clue about the flag,history or the people who have died in a trouble torn country

Yes i seen it. Roughly in the section 43 area?

happiehibbie
28-12-2014, 05:44 PM
It started there then ended at the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28-12-2014, 05:45 PM

Me personally, no I don't take offense because I personally am not a religious person. But for a lot of catholic people being called Fenians and having people sing about killing catholics etc etc it IS offensive and it IS bigotry and hateful therefore should be punished. Im the same as you, the OF sectarian stuff is nothing but utter cringe, many of their fans wont even understand what half of it means!

As usual though, it will be swiftly swept under the carpet.

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 05:51 PM

WTF?? Somebody is a numpty for having the flag of our clubs founders.. Are you actually having a laugh.. We are a scottish club founded for the irish population of Edinburgh..

Sir David Gray
28-12-2014, 05:56 PM
WTF?? Somebody is a numpty for having the flag of our clubs founders.. Are you actually having a laugh.. We are a scottish club founded for the irish population of Edinburgh..

Why don't we see these flags at every game then?

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Yessss!

Potential flag debate on the cards. Not had a proper .net flag debate for years.

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Why don't we see these flags at every game then?

I regularly see the odd tri-colour at games.. And wtf is wrong with that, there is nothing bigoted about the national flag of Ireland.. People need to get a grip

happiehibbie
28-12-2014, 06:00 PM
so its not right for them to sign there songs but its ok to fly an irish flag

I would love to ask the kids who had this flag about the whys and what for

MSK
28-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I regularly see the odd tri-colour at games.. And wtf is wrong with that, there is nothing bigoted about the national flag of Ireland.. People need to get a gripJeezo ..calm yersel doon ...:greengrin

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 06:05 PM
so its not right for them to sign there songs but its ok to fly an irish flag

I would love to ask the kids who had this flag about the whys and what for

Haha... So you are comparing Singing songs about killing people because of their religion with somebody having a national flag that represents a massive part in the making of our club.

Pretty shocked at that one to be honest, as a half Irish " fenian" myself, i have to say its pretty disgusting

davidw
28-12-2014, 06:07 PM
I regularly see the odd tri-colour at games.. And wtf is wrong with that, there is nothing bigoted about the national flag of Ireland.. People need to get a grip

Nothing bigoted. But nothing to do with football either. And it takes you down to Sevco and Septic's level.

ChooseLife
28-12-2014, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA
A lot of attention was brought to this video after the derby and nothing was done or even mentioned about it.

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Nothing bigoted. But nothing to do with football either. And it takes you down to Sevco and Septic's level.

Nothing to do with our club?

Haymaker
28-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Yessss!

Potential flag debate on the cards. Not had a proper .net flag debate for years.

:agree:

Sir David Gray
28-12-2014, 06:15 PM

I never said there was anything wrong with a national flag being present at Easter Road.

However, there is a noticeable increase in the number of Irish flags that are taken to games against Sevco and Hearts in comparison with any other match.

That's not people celebrating our heritage IMO. That's sad individuals who are trying to wind up the other sad individuals on the other side.

happiehibbie
28-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Haha... So you are comparing Singing songs about killing people because of their religion with somebody having a national flag that represents a massive part in the making of our club.

Pretty shocked at that one to be honest, as a half Irish " fenian" myself, i have to say its pretty disgusting

Really ! we all know why the flag was there ! no room for Irish Scottish English or political flags in football

I will buy you a hibs Flag the dead easy to spot green and white :):flag:

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 06:16 PM

Taking it to their level is waving flags of Israel and palestine that have nothing to do with their history.

happiehibbie
28-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Taking it to their level is waving flags of Israel and palestine that have nothing to do with their history.

you seem to have a rule for you and another for others

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 06:21 PM
cheers good debate tho

Im not debating with someone who compares singing about murdering the people of my mothers and grand parents country of birth, with someone having a flag.. Im not gonna bite any further, but watch what you saying

MSK
28-12-2014, 06:22 PM
This thread has turned into the predictable name calling etc..

Now closed ..