PDA

View Full Version : THE most professional performance from a Hibs TEAM in many a year

MB62
28-12-2014, 11:35 AM
I know Scott Allan is getting loads of praise for yesterdays' performance, and quite rightly so too, however, this, IMO, was far from being a one man show and every single player played their part in the complete domination of The rangers.
I don't think Mark Oxley had a save to make in the entire game, which says a huge amount of how well our two central defenders played. Oxley though also played his part with his handling of cross balls from corners etc, immaculate and that helps his defenders no end.
If there's a better right back in the country than David Gray, I've yet to see him and as for Lewis, well, for a man that I would have had sweeping streets a good few years ago, he is now looking a class act and gets better every week.
Whilst it has been a favourite past time on here in the not distant past to give our midfield three of Craig, Handling and Robertson a hard time, they completely dominated the game yesterday, ably assisted of course by the outstanding Scott Allan, bit thought Liam Craig was a candidate for MOTM for his overall performance.
J.C. is a young laddie who I believe will get better under Stubbs and was a thorn in the rangers defence all day and was delighted to see him get a goal.

For all the superb individual performances though, it was TEAM performance that impressed me most. Every player seemed to know what they were meant to be doing and did it very well. At 2-0, they kept the ball brilliantly, the passing to feet to players tightly marked and the close control and quick passing had me wondering if I was really watching Hibernian, excellent and it totally destroyed the moral, if there was any, of the opposition.
I've watched past Hibs teams throw away commanding leads in games but there was never any danger of that happening yesterday and that was down to the total professionalism of both management staff and the players.
Walking to the game, I muttered 'I couldn't believe I was paying £28 when it was live on T.V.' I'll tell you this, it was worth every single penny.
For all the slagging we have handed out in the past, I think it's fair to say 'WELL DONE YESTERDAY LADS, YOU WERE MAGNIFICENT IN BOTH ABILITY AND ATTITUDE.

GreenArmy1875
28-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I know Scott Allan is getting loads of praise for yesterdays' performance, and quite rightly so too, however, this, IMO, was far from being a one man show and every single player played their part in the complete domination of The rangers.
I don't think Mark Oxley had a save to make in the entire game, which says a huge amount of how well our two central defenders played. Oxley though also played his part with his handling of cross balls from corners etc, immaculate and that helps his defenders no end.
If there's a better right back in the country than David Gray, I've yet to see him and as for Lewis, well, for a man that I would have had sweeping streets a good few years ago, he is now looking a class act and gets better every week.
Whilst it has been a favourite past time on here in the not distant past to give our midfield three of Craig, Handling and Robertson a hard time, they completely dominated the game yesterday, ably assisted of course by the outstanding Scott Allan, bit thought Liam Craig was a candidate for MOTM for his overall performance.
J.C. is a young laddie who I believe will get better under Stubbs and was a thorn in the rangers defence all day and was delighted to see him get a goal.

For all the superb individual performances though, it was TEAM performance that impressed me most. Every player seemed to know what they were meant to be doing and did it very well. At 2-0, they kept the ball brilliantly, the passing to feet to players tightly marked and the close control and quick passing had me wondering if I was really watching Hibernian, excellent and it totally destroyed the moral, if there was any, of the opposition.
I've watched past Hibs teams throw away commanding leads in games but there was never any danger of that happening yesterday and that was down to the total professionalism of both management staff and the players.
Walking to the game, I muttered 'I couldn't believe I was paying £28 when it was live on T.V.' I'll tell you this, it was worth every single penny.
For all the slagging we have handed out in the past, I think it's fair to say 'WELL DONE YESTERDAY LADS, YOU WERE MAGNIFICENT IN BOTH ABILITY AND ATTITUDE.

Agree with your post. I said i did not want to pay £28 pound so close to christmas and i am gutted i never went. Every player was brilliant against a very poor Rangers side

cammy1969
28-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Agree totally with what u have said there, I have not been a fan of oxley but I have to say I thought yesterday's game was his best to date for us. That may sound silly as he never had really a save to make but he commanded his area really well and looked assured all game. From goal keeper to centre forward every play played there part well done guys youse deserve all the praise youse get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cammy1969
28-12-2014, 12:06 PM
May I just add that a lot off people keep saying that rangers are a poor side but they were 7 points clear in 2nd and it was our great performance that made them look a very average side. GGTTH

Leith Green
28-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Agree with your post. I said i did not want to pay £28 pound so close to christmas and i am gutted i never went. Every player was brilliant against a very poor Rangers side

Just out of interest what amount would you have been happy to pay? And what could you use the difference to buy?

matty_f
28-12-2014, 04:59 PM
May I just add that a lot off people keep saying that rangers are a poor side but they were 7 points clear in 2nd and it was our great performance that made them look a very average side. GGTTH

That's a good point. I wouldn't want us to talk down yesterday's win on the basis that this is a poor Rangers side. They have more points than us for a reason and that is that they have been good enough to win games that we haven't.
It does look like the tide is turning in our favour and we undoubtedly looked a class above Rangers yesterday.

Deansy
28-12-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm just hoping and praying we repeat yesterday's performance against 'Charity Thieves FC' - sadly, at 55, I know Hibs all too well but that doesn't stop me from hoping and praying !

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 05:34 PM
The post below describes how hearts win over der hun was better than hours because, well they say so......:faf:

When we played The Rangers on 22nd November they had just completed a 9 game unbeaten run scoring 22 and conceding only 2.

They were on a serious roll and fancied their chances to claw back our lead.

We beat them. With no help from a ref who could and should have sent off 2 more of their players.

They and their fans went into meltdown and they have been on a downward spiral ever since (excluding cup game against Killie who shat it big style at Ibrox).

Since then they have lost to Alloa and Queen of the South, have had off field turmoil and sent a hapless manager off on paid leave whilst promoting an equally hapless replacement.

They were a shambles today before setting foot on the park and the Easter Rodents have taken advantage of the fact.

Hearts beat them at the difficult time and our squad has suffered since due to the loss of Mchattie and El Hass injured in that game.

The Hobbits may boast about todays result but they got the golden opportunity today thanks to us breaking Sevcos momentum on 22nd November

28-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Really good football on display, every time we went forward we looked dangerous. We have pace in the time and players are busting a gut to get forward. Night and day from last season when half of them looked like they simply couldn't be arsed.

Haymaker
28-12-2014, 05:37 PM
The post below describes how hearts win over der hun was better than hours because, well they say so......:faf:

When we played The Rangers on 22nd November they had just completed a 9 game unbeaten run scoring 22 and conceding only 2.

We beat them. With no help from a ref who could and should have sent off 2 more of their players.

They and their fans went into meltdown and they have been on a downward spiral ever since (excluding cup game against Killie who shat it big style at Ibrox).

Since then they have lost to Alloa and Queen of the South, have had off field turmoil and sent a hapless manager off on paid leave whilst promoting an equally hapless replacement.

They were a shambles today before setting foot on the park and the Easter Rodents have taken advantage of the fact.

Hearts beat them at the difficult time and our squad has suffered since due to the loss of Mchattie and El Hass injured in that game.

The Hobbits may boast about todays result but they got the golden opportunity today thanks to us breaking Sevcos momentum on 22nd November

They will try to claim credit for anything they clowns, surprised I haven't heard them claim the credit for Real Madrids CL win in May but it wont be long.

28-12-2014, 05:38 PM

Jambos on kickback posting delusional garbage - woah what a shock :rolleyes:

dodecar
28-12-2014, 05:47 PM

Yes the way we passed the newco our of existence reminded me of the 25 mins where we played the cake bakers off the park a while back,but this time we kept it going and didn't suffer the injustice a miracle goal.
Agree about Craig ,he did well
Looks like Stubbs knows what he's doing.
GTTHB

Turkish Green
28-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Yesterday was my first live game this season. After all the upheaval at the start of the season it is great to watch the team play so well. If they sustain this performance then hopefully The Play-offs will be achievable given that Sevco appear to be in free fall.

oh BTW, PETRIE OOT.

happiehibbie
28-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I recon this is the best performance from hibs in 5 years

FWIW i agree that the prices are high but WE need the money Hibs fans staying away are not helping us put coffers in the tin.
we have good players and Stubbs is turning them into a team

Gray Hanlon Foster Fontane
Robertson Craig Allan McGeouch
tp name a few add the pool players we seem to be onto a winner

I still believe we can catch the neighbours if not i think the play offs will be so exciting

BUY A TICKET give the club money :)

JimBHibees
29-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Stopped reading after the no help from the ref line.

Kato
29-12-2014, 10:52 AM

Completely forgetting that we already horsed them at Ibrox this season.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Wow!!

weecounty hibby
29-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Wow, they truely are a huge club!! How many other clubs have they finished off I wonder. Where will it end? Will it just be them Real Madrid, Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich one day? How long will it be before they "end" all other wee clubs???
There is no word in the English language that can fully describe the level of delusion associated with them! Total fannies each and every one of them

Sir David Gray
29-12-2014, 04:42 PM

Clearly they forget about our win at Ibrox back in September when Sevco also went into that match on a nine game unbeaten run, having scored 29 goals in the process and losing just 7.

They really are a strange bunch.

erin go bragh
29-12-2014, 05:01 PM

No mention of The Rangers all over them till they had a man sent off .
Delusional bunch of barstewards .

Ggtth