PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Hun: A Savage Beating or Clinically Despatched?

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Discuss.

whiskyhibby
28-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Both [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

mutley
28-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Beat me to it

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Yes, I agree. Conversation over.

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2014, 01:34 PM
I think it was what the papers often refer to as 'a harsh footballing lesson'

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 01:37 PM
A team who are at a club because they want to be playing for a manager they respect and with a renewed sense of pride against 11 individuals with no professional pride left who are only where they are for the pay cheque.

hibbybrian
28-12-2014, 01:46 PM
A hammering according to the Gulf Times

http://www.gulf-times.com/sport/192/details/421224/hibs-dent-rangers-title-hopes-with-home-hammering

Crabbies will be pleased that the Photo is obviously from the stockroom. :wink:

Flanny boy
28-12-2014, 01:52 PM
:agree::smug::agree:

whiskyhibby
28-12-2014, 01:53 PM
A team who are at a club because they want to be playing for a manager they respect and with a renewed sense of pride against 11 individuals with no professional pride left who are only where they are for the pay cheque.

Never a truer word said [emoji83]

Capt Mainwaring
28-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Hibs won every Individual battle all over the park. Midfield was where the clear dominance was evidenced. Amplified in the extreme by Scott Allan's utter destruction of Black ( which really looked like a professional footballer - v - part time painter and decorator!)

I'll vote however for Savage Beating!!

hibsbollah
28-12-2014, 02:12 PM
A Clinical beating, savagely despatched :agree:

magpie1892
28-12-2014, 02:17 PM
A hammering according to the Gulf Times

http://www.gulf-times.com/sport/192/details/421224/hibs-dent-rangers-title-hopes-with-home-hammering

Crabbies will be pleased that the Photo is obviously from the stockroom. :wink:

Enjoy the audio of the Stubbs post-match conference?

SkintHibby
28-12-2014, 02:18 PM
It was so good my work mate from Harthill was compelled to discuss things with me. Glorious and I will milk it forever.

We all know why we are chose/became/from birth Hibees!

Nutmegged
28-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Hibs won every Individual battle all over the park. Midfield was where the clear dominance was evidenced. Amplified in the extreme by Scott Allan's utter destruction of Black ( which really looked like a professional footballer - v - part time painter and decorator!)

I'll vote however for Savage Beating!!

Without being overly biased Hibs have won every individual battle with Newco every time we've played them, if Farid had his shooting boots on in August we'd have comfortably pumped them in the Cup too

hibbybrian
28-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Enjoy the audio of the Stubbs post-match conference?

Thanks for that J. - bet your glad you didn't miss the game :greengrin

Liked AS comment re no drinking for the players unless they beat the jambos :gwa:

magpie1892
28-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks for that J. - bet your glad you didn't miss the game :greengrin

Liked AS comment re no drinking for the players unless they beat the jambos :gwa:

Yes, it was a good one. Unsurprisingly, he was in a very good mood.

Compare and contrast with McDowall... I remember KM when he was at St Mirren and he was combative to say the least ('the Mad Monk') so I expected him to come into the press room (metaphorically) swinging. Instead he looked like he'd just been ****ed by a train. The line of questioning from Scotland's finest (!) became more and more intrusive and I'm sure I heard his voice waver more than once. The huns' press woman had to rescue him.

I think it's KM until the end of the season at Greyskull is it not? If so, we'll finish second.

p.s. I was always going to be at that game as I - like 15,000 other odd souls - knew we were going to hammer them...

Vini1875
28-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Clinically Despatched. We knocked the ball around so much instead of pounding them. I would have wanted to give them greater humilation and I think we could have if we had went for the jugular, instead we played a sound, hold onto to the ball type of game in second gear for most of the second half, because we did not need to exert ourselves against this hun team.

HiBremian
28-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Clinically Despatched. We knocked the ball around so much instead of pounding them. I would have wanted to give them greater humilation and I think we could have if we had went for the jugular, instead we played a sound, hold onto to the ball type of game in second gear for most of the second half, because we did not need to exert ourselves against this hun team.

Saving ourselves for the diet Huns?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turkish Green
28-12-2014, 06:20 PM
I cannot praise our performance enough, however, Sevco were woeful. Did they manage to win any 50/50 ball? I would like to think that Sevco were so bad due to Hibs being so good, but methinks they are a dead club walking.

Sevco played a rigid 4-4-2 formation that was easy to by-pass and run rings round. It may be a different story against the young yams but I am looking forward to Tynecastle.

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 07:33 PM
A "rout" and a "thrashing" according to The Irish Independent in the measly write up they squeezed in.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Despatched with the minimum of fuss.

Onion
28-12-2014, 08:23 PM
A Right Royal Rogering !

#FromTheCapital
28-12-2014, 08:27 PM
A relentless humping of biblical proportions.

Hibbyradge
28-12-2014, 08:32 PM
A dream.

CraigHibee
28-12-2014, 08:38 PM
a splendid pumping :greengrin

HoboHarry
28-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Thought this was funny.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5-YdBwIYAAQOnr.jpg

basehibby
29-12-2014, 12:25 AM

:tee hee: V Good :thumbsup:

basehibby
29-12-2014, 12:29 AM
... it was a vigorous spanking btw.

JimBHibees
29-12-2014, 05:37 AM

That's brilliant.

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2014, 08:26 AM
... it was a vigorous spanking btw.

I rather like that.

leithsansiro
29-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Can't work out what thread to put this in (much like victories over The Rangers, it's hard to decide which humping you like the best....), but never mind.

Watching the highlights (and ignoring the ones from the BBC which somehow scraped together even blue touch of the ball), it's one of the rare occasions where real life mirrors computer games like FIFA. Watch the way Allan picks up the ball and drives forward for the 4th. Sure I've seen my son doing that on the xBox....

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Can't work out what thread to put this in (much like victories over The Rangers, it's hard to decide which humping you like the best....), but never mind.

Watching the highlights (and ignoring the ones from the BBC which somehow scraped together even blue touch of the ball), it's one of the rare occasions where real life mirrors computer games like FIFA. Watch the way Allan picks up the ball and drives forward for the 4th. Sure I've seen my son doing that on the xBox....

I obviously enjoyed the series of Ibrox 3 goal pumpings, Sproule one amazing, Cup one great because of the big Hibs support, but this was nice as I can't recall us demolishing them in front of our fans at ER like that. All the sweeter that the away support tends to be the most rabid, bigoted specimen of Hun, and they had to take the derision more practically all the game, well the 10% or so who really didn't do walking away did.

Wighty76
29-12-2014, 01:15 PM

The gospel according to Pretty Boy. Chapter one, verse one. :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
29-12-2014, 02:04 PM
The sevco massacre = S+M

Ggtth