PDA

View Full Version : 50 years ago

bournehibby
28-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Yesterday really took me back (like a few of the older posters I,m sure) to 1964. We had also just emerged from a poor period of form, just avoiding relegation the season before. Big Jock appeared, and suddenly we started playing cohesive, attractive football. The results started to improved dramatically, and just like yesterday, the biggest sign that we meant business came at Ibrox with a 4-2 demolition (yep, just like yesterday)
Yesterday's performance was the best I have seen from a Hibs side for many years. There was teamwork, control, confidence, deadly finishing, and accurate passing that simply took my breath away at times just as it did as a 16 year old all those years ago.
I really hope we are at the beginning of a new era under AS, and we can emulate those proud days back in 1964/64.

Sorry a bit long winded, but being a Hibby feels extra special today.:flag:

bh

Flanny boy
28-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Yesterday really took me back (like a few of the older posters I,m sure) to 1964. We had also just emerged from a poor period of form, just avoiding relegation the season before. Big Jock appeared, and suddenly we started playing cohesive, attractive football. The results started to improved dramatically, and just like yesterday, the biggest sign that we meant business came at Ibrox with a 4-2 demolition (yep, just like yesterday)
Yesterday's performance was the best I have seen from a Hibs side for many years. There was teamwork, control, confidence, deadly finishing, and accurate passing that simply took my breath away at times just as it did as a 16 year old all those years ago.
I really hope we are at the beginning of a new era under AS, and we can emulate those proud days back in 1964/64.

bhgood post mate.your generation were blessed with great hibs players and teams i am just delighted that yesterday hibs fans of all ages were able to celebrate a great win and great performance.ggtth :flag:

Alfred E Newman
28-12-2014, 04:32 PM

bh

The two best playmakers I have seen in a Hibs strip are Latapy and Willie Hamilton. Scott Allan is shaping up as another . Let's hope we can hold on to him for a while.

snooky
28-12-2014, 04:51 PM
The two best playmakers I have seen in a Hibs strip are Latapy and Willie Hamilton. Scott Allan is shaping up as another . Let's hope we can hold on to him for a while.
I'd also add Alex Edwards to that list.

brog
28-12-2014, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=bournehibby;4258189]Yesterday really took me back (like a few of the older posters I,m sure) to 1964. We had also just emerged from a poor period of form, just avoiding relegation the season before. Big Jock appeared, and suddenly we started playing cohesive, attractive football. The results started to improved dramatically, and just like yesterday, the biggest sign that we meant business came at Ibrox with a 4-2 demolition (yep, just like yesterday)

I was at the 4-2 game also, & the 2 victories at ER in the same season! My favourite memory of the 4-2 game was Jim Baxter rushing over to stop Hibs working another short corner, Willie Hamilton dummying him by letting the ball go through his legs & Slim Jim ending up on his backside while the Hibs players were p-ing themselves laughing!