PDA

View Full Version : Squad morale

Boyle89
28-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes it is late Saturday/early Sunday but I wanted to say this.
I LOVE how almost every player celebrates when we score. Even though we only had maybe 2 hibs fans in the starting line up today almost everyone celebrated like mad when we scored. Even Allan (childhood hun?) was going crazy. It's not just in the big games that they celebrate, even against teams like cowden everyone is celebrating together. I want to praise Stubbs for creating a positive mentality in the squad. I feel as though he is somehow getting across what it means to play for hibs. Players like Gray, Robertson and Fontaine, who have no connection with our club, go ape when we score. Maybe it's just me but I love seeing the squad so connected and so happy to be playing well. Long may this continue!! 0-3, 0-3, 0-3, 1-3, 4-0. Must be the best recent record against both oldco and newco, including celtic. GGTTH!

Bishop Hibee
28-12-2014, 06:37 AM
The players were loving it yesterday. Great performance and the team spirit is superb. Stubbs and his back room staff are turning as round from an awful team going nowhere to one which has a great chance of going up.

HFC_NYC
28-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Obviously, given location, I haven't had the privilege of being at Easter Road for a number of years, but I have this feeling that Stubbs is the real deal, and for that, I'm very happy

Forza Fred
28-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Obviously, given location, I haven't had the privilege of being at Easter Road for a number of years, but I have this feeling that Stubbs is the real deal, and for that, I'm very happy

Full praise to AS..when we have a good result and obviously should we fall in a heap he will be subject to criticism.

He made a few mistakes early on, but seems to have learned from them and no doubt, will move on to greater things a la Tony Mowbray in a season or two.

Up until that happens, let's hope his continuous improvement continues!

stevie-bee
28-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Who are the two hubs fans in the line up
Hanlon

ChilliEater
28-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Who are the two hubs fans in the line up
Hanlon

Danny Handling?

stevie-bee
28-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Forgot about him
Liam Craig has never come out and said what team he followed when he was younger

hibee_girl
28-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Forgot about him
Liam Craig has never come out and said what team he followed when he was younger

Does it matter?

stevie-bee
28-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Does it matter?

No , just out of interest

cam75
28-12-2014, 10:33 AM
When the ball was cleared off the line same lots off high 5s and pats on the backs good feeling in the squad just now :) GGTTH

28-12-2014, 10:34 AM
The squad look really together and the morale, especially after yesterday seems to be very high. Hopefully yesterday has given them a lot of belief and confidence going into next weeks derby. Hearts are on a good run but they are nothing spectacular. We were the better team in the last derby and should have won. This hibs team, unlike so many others in the past seem to have much less fear about them and proved yesterday they can rise to the big occassions.

PatHead
28-12-2014, 01:21 PM
When the ball was cleared off the line same lots off high 5s and pats on the backs good feeling in the squad just now :) GGTTH

Noticed that at the game.

J-C
28-12-2014, 01:29 PM
You mean calling them all crap, verbally abusing young players and swearing at them continually isn't the way to get good team harmony, thought Butcher was doing something wrong :greengrin

28-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Night and day from last season. Too many gutless imposters last season who really didn't look like they gave a **** and were just there for the wages. This team however look like they are playing for the jersey, they are playing as a team and are showing a bit of fight and heart. Our captain finally looks like a leader again.

SunshineOnLeith
28-12-2014, 02:25 PM

The defensive unit celebrated that like a goal, it was brilliant.

sleeping giant
28-12-2014, 02:45 PM
The defensive unit celebrated that like a goal, it was brilliant.

It was as good as a goal and i celebrated as such too :agree:

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 02:53 PM

At Alloa when Oxley made his mistake 3 players, one was Fontaine can't remember the 2 others, went straight over to him and gave him a pat on the back and told him to get his head up. That's just as important as celebrating goals and great blocks etc. shows a team mentality and squad morale imo.

emerald green
28-12-2014, 03:12 PM
IMO the Hibs team at the moment is as good as, if not better than, quite a few of the teams currently playing in the SPFL. Probably at least the bottom 5/6 teams in that league. They are streets ahead the the new club too. Morale throughout the squad seems high.

The problem Hibs have got is getting ourselves out of the Championship. A league this club should never have found itself in (but that's another story). If Hibs can get 2nd place, they have a great chance of going up through the play-offs if we can avoid injuries to key players.

patlowe
28-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Just as important as the morale within the squad is also the relationship between the players and the management team. I think it is clear right now that that relationship is extremely strong at the moment. The manager trusts the players and the players are buying into what Stubbs and the other coaches are imparting on them.

My only fear is that we suffer a defeat at Tynecastle (which is possible under any circumstances as we know) and this impacts on the feelgood factor we are all enjoying at the moment. Let's be confident we can get something but remember it's a derby when anything can happen. If we lose, we move on and hopefully maintain the momentum.

DTS
28-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Danny Handling?

He grew up a Hun

Alfred E Newman
28-12-2014, 04:23 PM
On the Hibs net visit to East Mains last month you could sense the positivity about the place. As Stubbs says himself it is very much a work in progress and though there will still be bad days the general trend is one of improvement. That all we can ask for.