PDA

View Full Version : why did so many leave before the end?

keep the faith
28-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Did people have their cars on meters??

Seriously though I did find it weird to see so many leaving a game which will be remembered for years before the end. The east was seriously thinned out by the final whistle - as was the other stands.
Stay and applaud the performance guys!

SanFranHibs
28-12-2014, 12:14 AM

Seriously though I did find it weird to see so many leaving a game which will be remembered for years before the end. The east was seriously thinned out by the final whistle - as was the other stands.

they did not want to watch the second half?

silverhibee
28-12-2014, 12:26 AM

They were huns.

keep the faith
28-12-2014, 12:36 AM
They were huns.

The Huns I can understand leaving but not hibs fans.

SteveHFC
28-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Because us supporters have had enough. Wish people on here would ****ing wake up to the fact we are struggling in the Championship. Can't believe posters on here are happy to accept this.

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/troll-face-high-resolution.png:greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-12-2014, 01:37 AM
I did wonder this myself durimg the game watching from West stand over to East stand, around 75 mins onaards. Given our score and performance thought every fan would want to applaud the team off the park. There does seem to be a strange time when folk would want to leave?

Hermit Crab
28-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Maybe folk were leaving early 1, because the game was over. 2, to try and beat the road closures at the end of the game?

lyonhibs
28-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Because they wanted to get oot the road so I could get to the boozer quicker after the game and for this I salute them !

flash
28-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Maybe folk were leaving early 1, because the game was over. 2, to try and beat the road closures at the end of the game?

Is it not worth a slightly longer journey to give the team a wee cheer after one of our best performances in years?

Oscar T Grouch
28-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I'm all for everybody doing what they like, but what actually happens is everyone who wants to leave early piles doon stairs and stands around the exits blocking the view of those who have decided to stay til the end and applaud the team off the pitch....just saying likes 😉

andyf5
28-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Because they wanted to get oot the road so I could get to the boozer quicker after the game and for this I salute them !

This. Left promptly at FT whistle, was first to the bar, served, and saw Sky highlights. Perfect day.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Stayed till final whistle but straight out the door at that point. I was supposed to be working. As it turned out I canned work and watched the game again. It was good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2014, 10:07 AM
But leaving ten minutes afore the end is just the way some people do games?

jdships
28-12-2014, 10:53 AM
But leaving ten minutes afore the end is just the way some people do games?

Absolutely - " to each his own " :rolleyes:!
It was being done 60 years ago for goodness sake especially when therer were massive crowds - people were worried about getting knocked over etc.
My neighbour and his brother got a " dispensation" to go to the game as long as they were at a children's (family) party for 14.00
They had to leave around 75 minutes or "face death by a thousand tongue lashings " from " her indoors " !!
Worse for me are those who arrive late :greengrin

28-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Because it was only 4! Not acceptable, we should be beating teams like rangers by AT LEAST 5 or 6 :grr: Not acceptable! STUBBS OUT!

:greengrin Just kidding, seriously though, I was suprised to see so many hibs fans leave early, stay and applaud the boys for a magnificent performance. But I suppose folk just tryna make an early get away to try and avoid police cordons. Mind you having said that, there were so little huns at the end that I don't know why the police even bothered to but up the barriers :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
28-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Maybe to beat the barriers and saving a massive walkaround/wait

tanfield
28-12-2014, 11:03 AM
I think this is just a sign about how much apathy is prevalent in the Hibs support today.

Everyone could see that Rangers were absolutely Walter White and therefore there is not as much to saviour when giving them a humping. Imagine if it was that scoreline against the Rangers 10 years ago, the ground would still be bouncing!

I personally stayed to the end as it was a great performance but I can understand those who decided to leave before the end.

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Never understand folk leaving early myself, especially when the game is close ...... but the thing is, in order to leave early you have to have turned up in the first place. So good on ya http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Keith_M
28-12-2014, 11:39 AM
I was wondering this myself. A game like that is surely worth the queues on the roads, buses, etc.

Stay and applaud the team, you bunch of part-timers!

:na na:

GordonHFC
28-12-2014, 11:54 AM
I used to leave slightly earlier when we played the filth twins just so I got a head start and guaranteed not meeting the **** on the road home. Different yesterday though as most of them were back in Govan by the time the game ended 😁

Ronniekirk
28-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Think for some fans the game was over,and we weren't looking to go on and score a fifth and sixth it was just pass the ball about in midfield which after a while got too predictable so I can see why some chose to leave as this was an oppertunity to run riot and go for bigger score line but I stayed to milk every last minute as I don't do walking away :wink:

Albanian Hibs
28-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Young boy next to me left after the 4th goal. Assumed he was a hun.

Brightside
28-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Ive never left before the end in my life. Its just a weird thing to do.

whiskyhibby
28-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Because nobody likes to watch gratuitous violence against animals, particularly at Christmas ....... [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

heretoday
28-12-2014, 12:53 PM
In order to give the weegie types a damn good thrashing!

keep the faith
28-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Each to their own and all but I do find it strange. The reasons seem to be beating the queue a little or getting to the pub a little earlier. Really?
Personally I think roaring the team off after a performance like that and inching out the stadium buzzing with other supporters is what a big win is all about.

Andy74
28-12-2014, 12:56 PM
I tend to leave a bit early every game. Up the back of the East it can take another ten minutes after the game to get away.

Makes a bit of difference to either catching a train or getting a better run in the car if you don't stay locally.

Folk have other stuff to do and just a couple of mins off the end of the game can make a pretty big time saving. Don't see what there is for other people to worry about.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2014, 01:02 PM
I left early. Too one sided an encounter for my liking, second half was like a training game.

zlatan
28-12-2014, 11:50 PM
I switched the tv off with ten minutes left to save electricity.

mutley
28-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Probably the fact that the East is a nightmare to get out of. I stay to the end mainly to clap the team, but also because I can't move anyway

givescotlandfreedom
29-12-2014, 12:14 AM
I'd still be there now if allowed, milked every second of that game!

Hibrandenburg
29-12-2014, 08:19 AM
It's our jakey element who've not quite mastered a full 90mins without a drink.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I'd still be there now if allowed, milked every second of that game!

Me too.

Ricky Bobby
29-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Never understand folk leaving early myself, especially when the game is close ...... but the thing is, in order to leave early you have to have turned up in the first place. So good on ya http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

This.

It's nobodies business why people decide to leave a game, they obviously have their reasons. The most important thing is they made the effort to go.
Well done to all the hibbies at the game on Saturday whether you were there at 90 mins or not.