PDA

View Full Version : Oxley

greenlex
27-12-2014, 11:18 PM
What's the position regards Mark Oxley? Is that his loan up in effect? Is he extending it? Do we have our sights on someone else?

jacomo
27-12-2014, 11:20 PM
IIRC Hull have the option to recall him in Jan, but this is a clause in a season-long loan. AS has said he hopes and expects him to be here past January.

Robinho08
27-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Fingers crossed he stays. I like Oxley.

Sean1875
28-12-2014, 07:46 AM
read recently that Oxley said there was 'really no reason to go back go Hull' and had told Stubbsy that if he wants him then he's more than happy to stay. would definitely extend his loan until the end of the season at least.

Thecat23
28-12-2014, 07:55 AM
He's staying until the summer.

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 07:59 AM

I thought he had his best game for us. Didn't need to do anything on the shot stopping front, but commanded his box at corners and took in some good high crosses. Never gave the Huns a chance to unsettle him. Remember they had 8 corners, not one troubled us.

flash
28-12-2014, 08:07 AM

Good. He is improving all the time and was totally commanding yesterday.

McD
28-12-2014, 08:10 AM
I thought he had his best game for us. Didn't need to do anything on the shot stopping front, but commanded his box at corners and took in some good high crosses. Never gave the Huns a chance to unsettle him. Remember they had 8 corners, not one troubled us.

Thought he was also very comfortable with the ball at his feet, along with the centre backs, he kept possession without forcing a lot of balls forward until the right pass became available.

greenlex
28-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks. I was under the impression that it was a six month loan and Hull were struggling with goalkeeping injuries.

Thecat23
28-12-2014, 08:38 AM

Yeah he commanded his box well.

Thecat23
28-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks. I was under the impression that it was a six month loan and Hull were struggling with goalkeeping injuries.

So did I but it was Oxley himself who said it. Says he will be here till the end of the season!

Ronniekirk
28-12-2014, 08:53 AM
You are right it was a six month loan but he has said he wants to stay so maybe he knows a deal is being done to make that happen ,but club haven't officially confirmed this yet as far as I am aware ,but would trust The Cats inside info

Pedantic_Hibee
28-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Apologies for hijacking an Oxley thread but as he is a line of defence, I was very impressed by Fontaine's commandment of the back four verbally. He was constantly talking to Stevenson and organising the defence. Great to see.

we are hibs
28-12-2014, 09:03 AM
There were still a couple of scary moments where I felt he should've came out and dealt with a few balls but when he did come out he dominated. Especially when he done it twice in a row in the space o about a minute

The Falcon
28-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Apologies for hijacking an Oxley thread but as he is a line of defence, I was very impressed by Fontaine's commandment of the back four verbally. He was constantly talking to Stevenson and organising the defence. Great to see.

While there were no bad players for us yesterday I thought the centre three (Oxley, Hanlon and Fontaine) were excellent yesterday. They communicated and had each other's backs all day. This allowed Gray and Lewis to get forward often and effectively. We looked a proper defence.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Played very well yesterday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2014, 09:31 AM
At points in the game yesterday, he was almost like a sweeper behind the back four, taking the ball to feet very easily and not getting rushed into a hoof up the park. Really composed display.

28-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Would like to see him stay :agree:

Was never really troubled at all by rangers yesterday but he commanded well and came out and got the high balls into the box.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2014, 11:09 AM
I thought he dealt with everything yesterday, and by coming for the crosses took all the pressure off by taking them in cleanly.

And the way the defenders were comfortable with playing the ball back to him and waiting for the return was very very good to watch, and had the hun forwards chasing shadows all game. :top marks

Hibby Bairn
28-12-2014, 11:29 AM
At points in the game yesterday, he was almost like a sweeper behind the back four, taking the ball to feet very easily and not getting rushed into a hoof up the park. Really composed display.

Reading 'Pep' biography where he talks about converting Valdes into a sweeper who is allowed to touch the ball occasionally with his hands.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2014, 11:48 AM

Mcgregors back now and I think Harper is as well. They've also got the boy they kept that played when the 2 first choice guys were injured.