PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Harper

Peevemor
27-12-2014, 09:56 PM
I know he was raised in Glasgow and seem to remember something about him being a Celtc fan in his youth, but listening to him on Hibs TV it's always 'we' this and 'we' that as well as total radgeness when Hibs score.

Has he been Hibs daft since his time at ER?

CRAZYHIBBY
27-12-2014, 09:58 PM
I always thought he was a hibs fan

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I know he was raised in Glasgow and seem to remember something about him being a Celtc fan in his youth, but listening to him on Hibs TV it's always 'we' this and 'we' that as well as total radgeness when Hibs score.

Reminds me of when I bumped into big Antoine Curier in a boozer when he played for Dundee - all he did was refer to Hibs as 'we' :aok:

Mixu - he is another one who fell in love with the club.

Good thread actually - who knows ex players who have 'become Hibees' ?

JJP
27-12-2014, 10:02 PM
He talks about Hibs a lot on Twitter. I follow him on there as he was my favourite Hibs player when I first went to Easter Road as a child.

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 10:02 PM
I still maintain after speaking to 'sources' that Fat Robbo still has Hibs affections by the way :agree::greengrin

Sprouleflyer
27-12-2014, 10:09 PM
I still maintain after speaking to 'sources' that Fat Robbo still has Hibs affections by the way :agree::greengrin

You've taken this thread too far!! :greengrin

Actually, when i think about it, he does speak pretty well about Hibs when given the chance!

jacomo
27-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Reminds me of when I bumped into big Antoine Curier in a boozer when he played for Dundee - all he did was refer to Hibs as 'we' :aok:

Boozy.

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 10:25 PM
You've taken this thread too far!! :greengrin

Actually, when i think about it, he does speak pretty well about Hibs when given the chance!

I'm friends with his ex wife's best friend - she is absolutely sure he is a Hibs fan in the closet (my mate) after hearing him at various functions, dinner parties, etc - and she is a Hearts fan (my mate) and despite my 'aye rights' is 100% he is still a Hibee - apparently down to his closeness with his Hibs fan brother too (that is why according to her). Never met him other than heard him at one of the derbies last season boasting about his derby record :rolleyes: he is a wee bowling ball on legs so fair play, you have to give him the fact that his past days are gone and he is no really a steak bake with a microphone :aok:

spike220
27-12-2014, 10:28 PM

Harper, one of my favorite players when I was growing up. Met him at Easter Road with his kids, he is a true hibee and a class act.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 10:28 PM

Ivan Sproule has a real soft spot for Hibs.

Daniel Anderson was on Hibs Facebook page last week thanking fans for their birthday wishes.

Smartie
27-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Graham Stack and Jimmy Boco have both put out quite magnificent tweets in the past week to taunt fans of rival clubs.

I doubt either of them grew up Hibs fans but they both seem to have caught the bug.

Bronson
27-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Graham Stack and Jimmy Boco have both put out quite magnificent tweets in the past week to taunt fans of rival clubs.

I doubt either of them grew up Hibs fans but they both seem to have caught the bug.

I think that one's a parody account, same as the Joe Tortolano one but certainly Stacky still keeps an eye out for us:aok:

hibees 7062
27-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Budgie

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 11:11 PM
I convince myself that Franck does every day..........have visions of him sitting with his madeleines, his coffee and his L'Equipe and scouring the lower reaches for the Hibs result :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-12-2014, 11:25 PM
I think that one's a parody account, same as the Joe Tortolano one but certainly Stacky still keeps an eye out for us:aok:

That Jimmy twitter is a parody but his Facebook is real. He has a lot of time for us still

Bronson
27-12-2014, 11:29 PM
That Jimmy twitter is a parody but his Facebook is real. He has a lot of time for us still

I haven't seen his facebook, I was referring purely to twitter. Nice to hear he still looks out for us though:aok:

macd123
27-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Pat nevin, pat fenlon, scott brown. David gray and jason cummings have definitely seen the light!

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 12:00 AM

Patron of Leith Links charity is Jimmy I believe. May be wrong though.

weonlywon6-2
28-12-2014, 05:25 AM
he grew up a hibby

mjhibby
28-12-2014, 07:25 AM
He talks about Hibs a lot on Twitter. I follow him on there as he was my favourite Hibs player when I first went to Easter Road as a child.

His headed goal when we beat rangers 2-1 and his celebration were just brilliant.Didnt go that day as was feeling unwell but heard the roar as it went in. If it wasn't for too many injuries could well have been another fletcher. Btw if you can't go radge after that game then you whoever will.

Allant1981
28-12-2014, 07:27 AM
he grew up a hibby

I used to go out with a jambo and at a player of the year dance robbo took my hibs tartan tie off me and put it on, the jambos hated it

lord bunberry
28-12-2014, 08:33 AM
When the queen uses the 'royal we' I'm told it's Hibs she means.

bigwheel
28-12-2014, 09:14 AM

No chance ...complete Jambo - loves to speak about his goals against us ....not a bit of Hibs in him ....

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 09:18 AM
No chance ...complete Jambo - loves to speak about his goals against us ....not a bit of Hibs in him ....

This. Total myth.

I knew his brother Chris quite well a few years ago and he maintained JR was never a Hibs fan. Chris had a huge picture of Tynecastle on his bedroom wall and I remember him going nuts at the sports editor of the Daily Record on the phone for publishing a story which claimed him and his brother grew up as Hibs fans. I'm sure they did have another brother who was a Hibs fan but that could be memory playong tricks.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2014, 09:22 AM
This. Total myth.

I knew his brother Chris quite well a few years ago and he maintained JR was never a Hibs fan. Chris had a huge picture of Tynecastle on his bedroom wall and I remember him going nuts at the sports editor of the Daily Record on the phone for publishing a story which claimed him and his brother grew up as Hibs fans. I'm sure they did have another brother who was a Hibs fan but that could be memory playong tricks.

Its George that's thr Hibee is it not?

Hibby Bairn
28-12-2014, 10:19 AM
I convince myself that Franck does every day..........have visions of him sitting with his madeleines, his coffee and his L'Equipe and scouring the lower reaches for the Hibs result :greengrin

Oui. Oui. Oui.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2014, 10:24 AM
This. Total myth.

:confused: A real hard one because of all the stories, my brother and a mate at the time both played in the same school team as JR and Davie Bowman - in those days Bowman definite yam, JR claimed to be a Hibby - Still got the team photo, sadly not in Hibs or Hearts strips.

FranckSuzy
28-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Patron of Leith Links charity is Jimmy I believe. May be wrong though.

You're spot on, PB. Jimmy is a great ambassador for Leith Links AND Hibs.

MSK
28-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Its George that's thr Hibee is it not?:agree: also registered & posted on here in the past ..

Nutmegged
28-12-2014, 04:46 PM

I dont think Robertson wishes any ill will on Hibs, he is just more interested in Hearts doing well, I can accept that rather than guys doing complete 180s

erin go bragh
28-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Grew up a Hibby . Herd this from the foals mouth so to speak . Worked in his sisters flat at Dumiedykes . ( who herself was a massive Hibby )

Ggtth

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Watching the highlights on Hibs TV there it is terrific to hear Kevin's passion and joy at what he was watching, and leaves no doubt who his team is.
I was a big fan of his after watching him in the youth team, and was itching to see what he could do when he broke into the first team. Didn't quite scale the hights that many predicted, but gave us some enjoyable moments nonetheless, including this peach..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22VILslJNB0

Deansy
28-12-2014, 05:10 PM

I swore the night he walked on stage at the 'Hands off Hibs' campaign at the Usher Hall, that I would never say a bad-word about him ever again - and I've stuck to it, Imho, a gentleman !

Roxyhibee
28-12-2014, 06:59 PM
The fantastic and graceful Alan Gordon; - grew up a Hearts fan, played for them alongside his hero Willie Bauld, played for Dundee Utd...

...Then toward the end of his long career, signed for Turnbulls Tornadoes - and after experiencing the love of playing at Easter Road in the brilliant white sleeves, became a 100% Hibee fan for the rest of his life.

He was a class act on and off the park and deserved a class club.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2014, 07:02 PM
I swore the night he walked on stage at the 'Hands off Hibs' campaign at the Usher Hall, that I would never say a bad-word about him ever again - and I've stuck to it, Imho, a gentleman !

:agree:This

The fantastic and graceful Alan Gordon; - grew up a Hearts fan, played for them alongside his hero Willie Bauld, played for Dundee Utd...

...Then toward the end of his long career, signed for Turnbulls Tornadoes - and after experiencing the love of playing at Easter Road in the brilliant white sleeves, became a 100% Hibee fan for the rest of his life.

He was a class act on and off the park and deserved a class club.

And this :agree:

bigwheel
28-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Grew up a Hibby . Herd this from the foals mouth so to speak . Worked in his sisters flat at Dumiedykes . ( who herself was a massive Hibby )

Ggtth

He never really followed anyone ...if anything be grew up mainly to support Rangers, as his big brother was there ...never followed us ...although one of his brothers does.... All of this is a long time ago ...after being in his company in recent years , I can tell you , he is as Maroon as they come...delights in talking about his exploits against us ...and absolutely is a Jambo

Baader
28-12-2014, 10:15 PM

Must agree. Remember, Mercer was his employer at the time - says a lot to have done that. My spite is reserved for the clowns who actively dislike Hibs - of which there are many (idiots like Preston and Sandy Clark immediately spring to mind...)

Really enjoyed hearing Harper's enthusiasm. A good player for us who should have done better on leaving than he did. Scored some good goals for us - a derby volley on New Years day 1996 (I think) and the 2-1 winner at ER just before we went down spring to mind.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Watching the highlights on Hibs TV there it is terrific to hear Kevin's passion and joy at what he was watching, and leaves no doubt who his team is.
I was a big fan of his after watching him in the youth team, and was itching to see what he could do when he broke into the first team. Didn't quite scale the hights that many predicted, but gave us some enjoyable moments nonetheless, including this peach..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22VILslJNB0

http://youtu.be/hB1uf6exUOo

not bad either