PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with me

Nomeancity
27-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Not sure why but I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would if someone told me before the game that we are going to pump them 4-0. They were so bad it wasn't like playing rangers(even the new version). There was not much fun watching that - it was a bit like beating east Stirling 4-0. Just wasn't the same as previous wins against the Huns. I almost felt sorry for them. The last 10 mins were pretty boring.
Dont get me wrong I was buzzing at 2-0 but it all went a bit flat after that - it was just too easy.
Anyway I'm hoping I feel back to normal after my next pint.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Have another drink. :wink:

tamig
27-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Quite clearly something wrong with you bud. An early night??

JimBHibees
27-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Not sure why but I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would if someone told me before the game that we are going to pump them 4-0. They were so bad it wasn't like playing rangers(even the new version). There was not much fun watching that - it was a bit like beating east Stirling 4-0. Just wasn't the same as previous wins against the Huns. I almost felt sorry for them. The last 10 mins were pretty boring.
Dont get me wrong I was buzzing at 2-0 but it all went a bit flat after that - it was just too easy.

Nothing flat about it. We were brilliant.

Castle Hibs
27-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Yes there is something wrong with you.

poolman
27-12-2014, 08:45 PM

You almost feel sorry for them

Sometimes I just......

Nah, never mind

Col2
27-12-2014, 08:49 PM

I sort of know what you mean but only for an element of the game. The atmosphere was a little flat last ten mins of each half but the place was bouncing at other times. That first 30 mins was SO dominant as was the 60th to 80th minutes. We scored 4 top quality goals, all very special.

Rangers were surprising average, really average but we wiped the floor with them and it could have been much more than 4.

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 08:51 PM
It looked easy because we made it look easy.

Hard work, technical ability and some quite brilliant individual performances (Gray, Craig, Allan).

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes :greengrin

Hibby D
27-12-2014, 08:52 PM

Turkey overload! :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2014, 09:05 PM
It looked easy because we made it look easy.

Hard work, technical ability and some quite brilliant individual performances (Gray, Craig, Allan).

This

Don't let the west coast media fool you

Rangers weren't poor or off the boil, we were brilliant

No way in hell would it be reported like that if the score was other way around

We gave them nothing and that's exactly what they got

Ggtth

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2014, 09:07 PM
This

Don't let the west coast media fool you

Rangers weren't poor or off the boil, we were brilliant

No way in hell would it be reported like that if the score was other way around

We gave them nothing and that's exactly what they got

Ggtth

If we hadn't taken the foot off the gas, toyed with them and had had a less biased and terrified ref we would have really slaughtered them.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2014, 09:10 PM
If we hadn't taken the foot off the gas, toyed with them and had had a less biased and terrified ref we would have really slaughtered them.

Same can be said about the 3-1 game at ibrox

OsloHibs
27-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Yes, clearly something wrong with you.
I am buzzing :woohoo:

Ronniekirk
27-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Just watched the game or most of it on sky catch up And after several glasses of Champagne and Then Port not a tear did I shed for them and some of our movement and passing and finishing was quality .The only point it went flat was when we weren't pressing for more goals .
So yes there must be something wrong with you ,and sooner you diagnose it and put it right the sooner you will enjoy our next performance and win against Hearts .

spike220
27-12-2014, 10:31 PM

Is that you Terry?

7 Hills
27-12-2014, 10:35 PM

Take a drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYY_EaCPGFw

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Get a bottle of vodka down you never mind a pint.

And to your question. Yes.

It was f***ing 4-0 to HFC. :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2014, 11:10 PM

I don't know how long you have been watching Hibs mate, but after nearly 40 years watching they assholes lording it up at ER while their 20K a week players steamrollered our 2K a week guys, all the while having to listen to their fans sectarian crap ... even with the worlds most powerful microscope I couldn't find any sympathy for them.

Now our 2K per week players humiliate their 7K a week players and you feel sorry for them and, intentionally or not, belittle our efforts .... All I can say is **** that ............ better have loads mair pints :aok:

Diclonius
27-12-2014, 11:13 PM
I almost felt sorry for them.

Cast your mind back to the behaviour of their fans every single time they beat us at ER and your sympathy will soon disappear.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Cast your mind back to the behaviour of their fans every single time they beat us at ER and your sympathy will soon disappear.

To be fair, he did say "almost". :greengrin

TowerHibs
27-12-2014, 11:18 PM
This place is ****ing batsheit crazy

Hibernia&Alba
27-12-2014, 11:18 PM
I know what the OP means in the sense that The Rangers are but a shadow of the team and club of their previous incarnation, but this result is re-affirmation of their new lowly status, and they're realizing it isn't just going to be a straightforward march back to the top. I loved every moment.

lord bunberry
28-12-2014, 12:08 AM
What a load of pish

lyonhibs
28-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Haud on. We **** all over the Rangers 4-0 for the 1st time in 60 odd years and "it could have been better "??!?!I spent the last 30 minutes pishing myself.

Fantastic day at ER

Pretty Boy
28-12-2014, 12:19 AM
It was a great day.

We've give that mob, or previous incarnations, a few doings in recent memory but that was the best ever today. It was a total demolition, we took the foot off the gas and took the piss for the last 20 minutes of both halves just because we could.

As for feeling sorry for them? **** them. They lorded it for years, got busted and liquidated then started again with the same old mistakes and continued to lord it. The day I feel sorry for them is the day I chuck it.

Forza Fred
28-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Yes, probably as result of your low post count and user name

McHibby
28-12-2014, 12:28 AM
It was a great day.

We've give that mob, or previous incarnations, a few doings in recent memory but that was the best ever today. It was a total demolition, we took the foot off the gas and took the piss for the last 20 minutes of both halves just because we could.

As for feeling sorry for them? **** them. They lorded it for years, got busted and liquidated then started again with the same old mistakes and continued to lord it. The day I feel sorry for them is the day I chuck it.

Yup. I hate them. I hated them as Rangers, I hate them as Sevco, and when they go bust again and come back as whatever I will hate them then. I am glad they are piss poor... They deserve to be in such a state, long may it continue.

matty_f
28-12-2014, 01:14 AM
It was a great day.

:top marks:

If anything today felt better than I thought it would because it felt to me like a validation of what Stubbs has been doing with the team since he came in. We played his brand of football almost as well as it can be played and totally and utterly dominated the team that was the favourite to win the league before a ball was kicked this season.

For all their troubles, that The Rangers team still cost far more than our team and we taught them a lesson from first whistle to last.

Kato
28-12-2014, 01:34 AM
It was a great day.

Hear bloody hear.:thumbsup:

Baader
28-12-2014, 01:51 AM
Cherish every win over that bunch. It's the same fans with the same bigoted, poisonous songs and the same influence over officials by way of being the establishment team.

Never ever feel sorry for them. They are a disgusting organisation that are a blight on Scottish society and an embarrassment to the nation. 4-0!

portyhibernian
28-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Not a criticism but I really didn't think we were brilliant today, more that The Rangers are just absolute garbage. Didn't stop me from enjoying it of course but I sort of agree with the OP, it felt more like Cowdenbeath or something for the last 25 minutes. As an aside, it's been so long since we played them I'd forgotten what a bunch of utter inbred neanderthals they are, got a horrible reminder on the walk down Easter Road to the stadium.

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes, probably as result of your low post count and user name

You maybe don't understand numbers, but they start low and get higher. Yours would have been the same too at one point, that's how numbers work.
and the user name - a Nazareth album from the seventies. Which is around the same time I have been watching hibs. Does this qualify me to post yet?

Lee Marvin
28-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Not a criticism but I really didn't think we were brilliant today, more that The Rangers are just absolute garbage. Didn't stop me from enjoying it of course but I sort of agree with the OP, it felt more like Cowdenbeath or something for the last 25 minutes. As an aside, it'is been so long since we played them I'd forgotten what a bunch of utter inbred neanderthals they are, got a horrible reminder on the walk down Easter Road to the stadium.

Anyone who doesn't think we were brilliant yesterday needs their head examined, or simply just go watch Barcelona everyweek.....

I mean really, what else did you want us to do? Serious question.

Thecat23
28-12-2014, 06:50 AM

I don't know how you can say "it wasn't much fun watching that" and it certainly wasn't like watching "East Stirling." This is a team that prides itself on winning, or used to anyway. Just look at the away end they thought they were coming here and taking the three points. Any win over the old Rangers was brilliant any win over the new Rangers is also brilliant.

To me they started again but they still have the same arrogant fans so believe me, when the fourth went in I was going crazy! Maybe you should just enjoy it a little more??

Sean1875
28-12-2014, 06:56 AM
piling even more misery on that ****my zombie club will always be enjoyable regardless of the scoreline. the fact it was 4-0 just makes it even more sweet. the seethe coming out of Glasgow is hysterical, and long may it continue!

flash
28-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Utterly bizarre.

nomad
28-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Cherish every win over that bunch. It's the same fans with the same bigoted, poisonous songs and the same influence over officials by way of being the establishment team.

Never ever feel sorry for them. They are a disgusting organisation that are a blight on Scottish society and an embarrassment to the nation. 4-0!

Here Here could not agree more. Scotland's shame with all their "football" songs not.

emerald green
28-12-2014, 09:37 AM

Seriously? You're just joking aren't you? :confused:

southsider
28-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Nothing flat about it. We were brilliant.
Agreed but the likes of Alloa and Cowdenbeath put up more of a fight. It was too easy we should have hit 6. Not complaining, just saying likes......

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Madness, there was times during that game where i was singing in my living room along with the crowd. :gwa:

Even made my own song up, shall we get a ball for you, shall we get a ball for you, when we were playing keep ball and they were chasing shadow for long periods in that 2nd half. :top marks

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2014, 09:51 AM
You maybe don't understand numbers, but they start low and get higher. Yours would have been the same too at one point, that's how numbers work.
and the user name - a Nazareth album from the seventies. Which is around the same time I have been watching hibs. Does this qualify me to post yet?

I think the problem was that 'No Mean City' is also a colloquialism for Glasgow mate. Unless you actually are a weegie its a strange choice for a Hibby. Not saying your not a Hibby by the way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Would have taken a scraped 1-0 before the KO, but if we had kept at it, we could have given them six or seven. That said, listening to the crowd taking the mick while watching the players do the same was unforgettable. OP is allowed his opinion, but today it is in a different postcode from mine.

28-12-2014, 09:56 AM

Agree with this 100%. Different club but the same vile, bigotted set of **** supporting them and a club that is absolutely rotten from its core.

Scotlands shame!

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 10:01 AM
I think the problem was that 'No Mean City' is also a colloquialism for Glasgow mate. Unless you actually are a weegie its a strange choice for a Hibby. Not saying your not a Hibby by the way.

But not a strange name for a Nazareth fan. Album was named after the book which I realise refers to glasgow. Don't see the problem with having this as a name especially when you look at some of the others on this site.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Attention seeking pish!

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Attention seeking pish!

cheers

(that's one more to my post count - now I see how you get over 10k posts)

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Attention seeking pish!

TBF the OP is getting it tight for an opinion, and that is the whole point of the message board?

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 10:20 AM
TBF the OP is getting it tight for an opinion, and that is the whole point of the message board?

Is the whole point of a message board not to get as high a post count as possible so you can boast to fellow posters?
( sorry I've got a bee in my bonnet about this now - must be a glasgow thing?)

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-12-2014, 10:21 AM

Aye, you are right. I was just doing likewise.

Hibby Bairn
28-12-2014, 10:23 AM
I get what you're saying mate. Still a brilliant day at ER...not had too many in recent years.

But yes...probably less satisfying than if it had been Souness's or Wallace's mob that we had demolished 4-0. Worst Rangers team ever.

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 10:27 AM
I get what you're saying mate. Still a brilliant day at ER...not had too many in recent years.

But yes...probably less satisfying than if it had been Souness's or Wallace's mob that we had demolished 4-0. Worst Rangers team ever.

I was just trying to make the point that that was no where near as satisfying as say the 3 nils at ibrox, or the 2-1 in souness's first game. After 15 mins the game was over and we knew we were going to win, so it was brilliant but not the most exciting/pleasurable game I have watched against them.

BH Hibs
28-12-2014, 10:33 AM
I absolutely loved every minute of it. Especially listening to the amount of hatred and bigoted pish coming from their end. New club same old bigots GIRFUY Sevco

hibee316
28-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Clearly something wrong with you.

That was brilliant yesterday!

Yes, we have a rivalry with Hearts but Rangers fans are just minging.

To get to the ground I have to walk past them all, and have had to for many a year. I don't wear a scarf because when I was young grown men would threaten me. This happens with no other club, they are by far away the worst fans in British football and revel in it.

The team is different but the fans are the same and that felt good yesterday. I've been waiting on that day for 20 years!

WE OWN RANGERS.

sleeping giant
28-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Strange post indeed.
One of the best displays from Hibs that I have seen in a long long time. Add to that we humped new Hun , what else do you want or need ?

Good grief

Robinho08
28-12-2014, 10:44 AM

I know where you're coming from. I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat at times for a game against the Currants. If that was the Yams, the place would be absolutely bouncing.

The performance on the park was something else though. It was great football. :greengrin

Keith_M
28-12-2014, 10:48 AM

Yep, there's definitely something wrong with you.

Everybody goes a bit funny at Xmas though ;-)

Brightside
28-12-2014, 11:05 AM

As i was leaving i heard some guy saying "great win, but it was boring for 30 mins" We were playing with them for most of the game. Totally one-sided but one-sided because our players are fitter, stronger, technically more astute.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2014, 12:05 PM

This. Johnny Hun and referee together still couldn't conjure up a contest between them.

portyhibernian
28-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Anyone who doesn't think we were brilliant yesterday needs their head examined, or simply just go watch Barcelona everyweek.....

I mean really, what else did you want us to do? Serious question.

I've actually since watched it back again and retract my statement (about our performance, they're still the **** of the earth). Some of our play was very good. I just can't help but feel that them being a shambles takes some of the gloss off of the result.

basehibby
29-12-2014, 02:02 AM

I think you might be being a bit ironic here and that's fine - but if you're serious that you really didn't enjoy watching that mob being handed their own erses for 90 mins then you need to relax a bit more and learn that chewing your fingernails down to the bone is not the only way to enjoy a football match.

I would prescribe more watching of the highlights accompanied by a few more xmas beers - as for feeling sorry for them - are you sure????....