PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Felt in hindsight that he deserves a thread of his own too - worked his bollocks off and sometimes did the less exciting stuff to allow others to push forward but totally deserved his goal. Made the pass to start the move off and legged it into a good position to tuck it away. Pass and move at its finest - deserves to get his moment in the limelight as he's really improving as a player for us under Stubbs.

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Felt in hindsight that he deserves a thread of his own too - worked his bollocks off and sometimes did the less exciting stuff to allow others to push forward but totally deserved his goal. Made the pass to start the move off and legged it into a good position to tuck it away. Pass and move at its finest - deserves to get his moment in the limelight as he's really improving as a player for us under Stubbs.

Agree :top marks

Oi, silver, you reading this and reply to my Christmas sweets post ya radge :greengrin (we had a debate about Robbo)

What's helped him is having Allan and McGeouch in there, no doubt about it - it's freed him up a little and he can express himself more knowing there are other players than can create, tackle, defend, attack.

If wee McGeouch could make the derby I'd be delighted. But who to drop (as I think DM would be fit as a fiddle even after injury).

Diclonius
27-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Alongside Craig he's really turned it around this season. Turned into the ball winning DM we've needed.

DaveF
27-12-2014, 08:14 PM
I'll be honest and say I don't really rate Robertson. Let's get today out of the way. His goal way was fantastic. Great touch, control and finish. 10 out of 10. If he'd done it against Alloa at ER last time out he'd have got 10\10 but he never.

But in general play, his passing, touch and tackling is down right awful bordering on being a liability.

I like him for his attitude but as soon as McGeouch is fit then I'm I'm afraid it's adios IMO.

Sprouleflyer
27-12-2014, 08:18 PM
I'll be honest and say I don't really rate Robertson. Let's get today out of the way. His goal way was fantastic. Great touch, control and finish. 10 out of 10. If he'd done it against Alloa at ER last time out he'd have got 10\10 but he never.

But in general play, his passing, touch and tackling is down right awful bordering on being a liability.

I like him for his attitude but as soon as McGeouch is fit then I'm I'm afraid it's adios IMO.

Ouch!

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 08:23 PM

Find myself seeing where you are coming from Dave however remember Robbo was in probably one of the worst sides in recent memory last season and still looked decent.......he's a good footballer, where I question him is in his fitness to last 90.

He is however most definitely a good footballer and a good influence on the side. Good pro, good off the field, one I would easily have in the squad for sure. He's another that I think Stubbs is trying to convince has really good attacking qualities.

A few of these players heads were mince from last season - thanks to the three stooges.

DaveF
27-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Find myself seeing where you are coming from Dave however remember Robbo was in probably one of the worst sides in recent memory last season and still looked decent.......he's a good footballer, where I question him is in his fitness to last 90.

He is however most definitely a good footballer and a good influence on the side. Good pro, good off the field, one I would easily have in the squad for sure. He's another that I think Stubbs is trying to convince has really good attacking qualities.

A few of these players heads were mince from last season - thanks to the three stooges.

I don't doubt that for a minute. He seems really positive and as stated I love him for his attitude. My concerns are around his touch and passing ability. If his job stopped at winning the ugly battles and giving it short to Allan and McGeouch then I'm happy. I don't believe he is capable of anything further than that.

tamig
27-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Great game today - other than a few stray passes first half. Sublime finish and delighted he got his goal. Well deserved.

Eyrie
28-12-2014, 10:42 AM

McGeouch is a different type of player to Robertson. I'd say Handling is the likely one to drop out, with the consolation of being the first off the bench. And that is only because Craig is playing even better than Handling at the moment.

The main threat to Robertson would be the addition of a proper holding player for the role he is filling.