PDA

View Full Version : The ref

matty_f
27-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Just how bad was that referee today? Let The Rangers away with murder time and time again.
The pleasing thing is that even with the ref giving them as much help as he could we still pumped them!

Cropley10
27-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Wore an Orange top! But spot on he was like Richmond and Thomson in the bias.

Btw he was the ref who gave The Rangers that dodgy goal v Albion Rovers in the Cup replay.

27-12-2014, 04:54 PM
How was fat Boyd no booked?! He commited 4 fouls in the space of about 30 second, just lunging into players and went through Craig but got off.

gaz1875
27-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I think he gave up giving us fouls to be honest, it was so one sided. There were 2 deliberate handballs, only one received a foul and neither yellow cards?? :confused:

Onion
27-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Thought he was fine in the first. But the second 45 was just an embarrassment to his profession. Probably the only thing stopping The Rangers from getting a proper doing :greengrin

easty
27-12-2014, 04:58 PM
if one of our players went through the back of someone, like McCulloch did to Malonga, it would have been a nailed on red card from that ref.

bingo70
27-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Just how bad was that referee today? Let The Rangers away with murder time and time again.
The pleasing thing is that even with the ref giving them as much help as he could we still pumped them!

I think he was embarrassed for the rangers.

I'm not even joking with that statement either. If the game was at nil nil or one all there's no question Boyd would have been at least booked.

By the sane token the hibs players deserve credit for keeping their discipline. If I was playing I'd have got a red card.....I'd probably also have got a hat-trick to be fair but they're ***** so nothing to brag about.

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Second half he was laughably one sided and seemed intent in gving them everything. Too bad that wasn't enough!

Monktonhall 7
27-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Agree. He was shocking. McCullochs challenge on Malonga shouldve been red. Boyd elbowed Craig. Not a thing.

HibbyAndy
27-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Laughable, Utter ****ing laughable!!! McCulloch elbows Hanlon to the deck in the 2nd half and the ref calls HANLON OVER FOR A WORD!!! Disgrace.

greenlex
27-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I think the only thing he got wrong was blacks Yellow. It should have been red.

mutley
27-12-2014, 05:08 PM
The ref was shocking, but I've come to expect that these days. Have them absolutely everything and us very little . I proper unbiased ref and we could have won by 6 or 7

GreenArmyyy!
27-12-2014, 05:13 PM
About as biased a performance I have seen since that game.

Brightside
27-12-2014, 05:14 PM
mccullouch, black, boyd would have had red cards with a proper ref.

emerald green
27-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Some things never change when it comes to referees (and their assistants) in matches involving Rangers, old and new versions.

I've just come to expect it now after all these years.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Boyd should have had a yellow for each of his three first three tackles alone, and as already said...he spoke to hanlon when McCulloch tried to push him off the pitch...bizarre

JimBHibees
27-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Seemed like he knew how poor they were and was sorry for them. Truly awful refereeing and if a Hibs player had taken a really bad tackle it would have been his fault. The Boyd triple foul was like something out of a Wrestling bout, what a joke.

Franck Stanton
27-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Boyd should have had a yellow for each of his three first three tackles alone, and as already said...he spoke to hanlon when McCulloch tried to push him off the pitch...bizarre

cannae agree with the bit in bold ------had he [deservedly] been shown a yellow for each of his first two challenges [for want of a better word], that would have resulted in a red. No ?

mutley
27-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Not to mention that linesman on the east side, how many times did the ball go out and his flag stayed down? I sit on row S and it was closer to me than the white line, but that's still in apparently

kaimendhibs
27-12-2014, 05:49 PM
I honestly thought the ref felt sorry for them in the 2nd half so let them off with loads. Nae luck tho Bobby Midden, your efforts to help them failed.

Bristolhibby
27-12-2014, 05:51 PM
How was fat Boyd no booked?! He commited 4 fouls in the space of about 30 second, just lunging into players and went through Craig but got off.

This. I remember going radge at the time.

Haha **** yous. 4-0!

It does make me laugh, the most biased ref I've ever seen and we still pumped them 4-0!

J

27-12-2014, 05:52 PM
if one of our players went through the back of someone, like McCulloch did to Malonga, it would have been a nailed on red card from that ref.

I agree, just complete malice from McCulloch

27-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I honestly thought the ref felt sorry for them in the 2nd half so let them off with loads. Nae luck tho Bobby Midden, your efforts to help them failed.

Despite the refs best efforts to give rangers the usual helping hand, we still murdered them. Makes it even sweeter!

Eyrie
27-12-2014, 06:06 PM

Handling got a straight red for far less in our first ever game against Sevco.

Winston Ingram
27-12-2014, 06:49 PM

He was horrendous. He was poor 1st half but 2nd half it was like he'd had a half time pep talk telling him to get worse. He gave them everything. The Huns should have had 3 bookings within the 1st 5 mins and they gave them none. His performance was Craig Thompsonesque

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Handling got a straight red for far less in our first ever game against Sevco.

Well said.

They might be stint but they still have enough to pay off the gfa

Or they still do it of loyalty

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Unlike him as well.

He's a good bloke and has been one of the better refs on a number of occasions. Maybe an off day

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Whalemeister
27-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Didn't think the ref made any obvious howlers today, apart from a few more yellows. Madden tends to leave the yellow cards in his pocket more than most.

Sprouleflyer
27-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Didn't think the ref made any obvious howlers today, apart from a few more yellows. Madden tends to leave the yellow cards in his pocket more than most.

LTHF!!!!!

:wink:

HoboHarry
27-12-2014, 08:09 PM
So none of our players booked, no penalties given against us and no disallowed goals that should have stood. In short, nothing controversial at all and we still have a thread slating the ref. Pretty silly that some people have a desperate need to criticise something, anything, on a day as brilliant as this.

OsloHibs
27-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Didn't think the ref made any obvious howlers today

Were you in the away end?

tamig
27-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Bobby Madden had an ok game today imo. The east side linesman, however, will have had better games.

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Unlike him as well.

He's a good bloke and has been one of the better refs on a number of occasions. Maybe an off day

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

:agree: Usually quite a consistent ref and as you say is indeed a nice lad - think he ref'd the last new year derby too.

In Scottish football linesman could be doing a lot more to help referees - sometimes I think they are far far too focused on the offside rule and keeping up with play than spotting bad tackles and highlighting to the ref.

Saying that I was quite chuffed that a Hearts supporting linesman didn't give an ex Hearts assistant manager's team a goal, 'scored' by an ex Hearts youngster tonight in the Falkirk v Raith game........actually got it right and was never over the line.........sadly he didn't see ex Hibs player Leigh's free kick go three yards over against his Gorgie's Finest mind :rolleyes::aok:

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2014, 09:17 PM
So none of our players booked, no penalties given against us and no disallowed goals that should have stood. In short, nothing controversial at all and we still have a thread slating the ref. Pretty silly that some people have a desperate need to criticise something, anything, on a day as brilliant as this.
Not really, quite a few people have highlighted mistakes they think the ref has made so why can't we discuss that? If we'd lost you'd be telling us it's not the ref's fault so we can't discuss it either.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm normally a fan of his but he had a poor one today

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 09:23 PM
....will there be an Eastenders type drum roll when we find out the ref for next week................

Kind of hoping it's Steven McLean :pray:

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 09:24 PM
....will there be an Eastenders type drum roll when we find out the ref for next week................

The lad Don Robertson reffed our game against Raith last week and was outstanding so, I'm putting my money on Thomson :greengrin

matty_f
27-12-2014, 09:27 PM

Hibs were outstanding, no complaints there. The ref was dire, I think it warrants discussion.

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 09:28 PM
The lad Don Robertson reffed our game against Raith last week and was outstanding so, I'm putting my money on Thomson :greengrin

JB, we have just horsed one half of the OF so you are correct, it will be............quite like the way SM refs games and I think he lets derbies run with a wee bit of bite.

Saying that, wee Collum fairly dislikes them :agree:

Carheenlea
27-12-2014, 09:38 PM
I didn't really see much difference in Blacks foul from behind and Danny Handling's at Ibrox earlier this season? We were told by all and sundry that that was a red card offence in the rule book. I honestly thought the referee was going to reach for a red, but shouldn't really have been surprised when he just showed the yellow.

Geo_1875
27-12-2014, 09:54 PM
He kept using the advantage to avoid pulling them up for some shockers. Also couldn't understand why he let them retake the corner after McCulloch dumped the Hibs defender on his arse. Surely if he's stopped play it must be for a booking. Very poor but very consistent.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 09:56 PM
He kept using the advantage to avoid pulling them up for some shockers. Also couldn't understand why he let them retake the corner after McCulloch dumped the Hibs defender on his arse. Surely if he's stopped play it must be for a booking. Very poor but very consistent.

Confused me too. Can only think that when he blew his whistle the ball wasn't yet in play :dunno:

lucky
27-12-2014, 10:02 PM
He was as bad as the rest of the Huns on the pitch

LaMotta
27-12-2014, 10:52 PM

:agree:

The worst of the lot was when just after half time Allan got totally clattered by Kyle Hutton, it was the most obvious booking you'll ever see. Then Boyd had a jersey tug and an elbow smash to Craig ignored as well. all in the space of 90 seconds.

Madden is normally decent though.

I thought Rangers second half bully boy tactics were starting to get to us a bit, particularly Malonga who went in to a shell for a bit, and the Ref was partly to blame for not getting his yellow out. Luckily we scored soon after and normal service was resumed :greengrin

Scottie
27-12-2014, 10:56 PM
:agree: Mind you the majority of refs reffing against the OF are weak and very very lenient towards them but it's been like this since the year dot.

snooky
27-12-2014, 11:42 PM
:agree: Mind you the majority of refs reffing against the OF are weak and very very lenient towards them but it's been like this since the year dot.

Doesn't make it right and we shouldn't accept it as the norm - but we do.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2014, 11:45 PM

It is Steven McLean.

truehibernian
28-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Well in that case I am happy :agree: