PDA

View Full Version : Ian Black swotted or swatted

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Back home in time to watch our third and fourth goals on the telly, no doubt.

Stick to the painting and decorating you pathetic, scrawny, despicable Jambo fud.

GIRFUY

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Talking of Rangers fuds bet that erse Fraser Aird wishes he stayed at home watching Coronation Street rather than spending 90 minutes chasing shadows today.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Has he managed to escape out of Scott Allan's back pocket yet?

lucky
27-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Made a right fool of himself today. More interested in hurting players than playing football. Did fine it funny that Rangers fans joined Hibs fans singing about him being a ****er

Hibernia&Alba
27-12-2014, 04:45 PM
A liability. Had to be subbed whilst still playing the first half, in order to prevent a red card. That's inexcusable from one of their supposed bigger names but is typical for him.

ACLeith
27-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Perfect example of the total lack of professionalism at that club.

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Always been an arrogant arse and going to the Hunnery has added to his psycho mentality ......he has a screw loose the ....red mist, nutter, ....how did mcdowell describe it ? it was a hostile environment for him and he was a risk ! A hostile environment he made for himself not just from his history but also his first 3 challenges all being naughty challenges typifying his nasty dirty mentality .....

lord bunberry
27-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Talking of Rangers fuds bet that erse Fraser Aird wishes he stayed at home watching Coronation Street rather than spending 90 minutes chasing shadows today.

He was that tired of chasing shadows, he was allowed to spend the second half watching coronation street whilst the rest of his team faced a spanking.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-12-2014, 05:10 PM
What a pure bell end. So happy seeing him stropping off with his tiny wee strip on. Absolute creature

Love that McCoist thought he didn't need Scott Allan as he had Blackie to sort his midfield out 😂

ACLeith
27-12-2014, 05:15 PM
When Scott knocked him to the ground early on he got up and just stood watching. When he was a motivated player he would have been busting a gut to bite back. That for me summed up how far they have gone downhill. - hope they have a LOT further to slide.

AlbertK86
27-12-2014, 05:18 PM
I was gutted when he went off !!

He was a guaranteed red card as Scotty Allan was absolutely ripping the pish out him in a football sense. !!!

Ref was a disgrace ... Let him Boyd and McCulloch away with murder

Fantastic to humiliate that wee painter

GIRFUY ya fandango

GGTTH

jane_says
27-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Handling could have been in hot water when he kicked out at Black, good to see Robbo had a word in his ear.

Did anyone notice that when he got booked, Scott Allan jumped up as if to react to the challenge, then just stood laughing in Blacks face. Absolutely outstanding.

Mr White
27-12-2014, 05:36 PM
I was gutted when he went off !!

He was a guaranteed red card as Scotty Allan was absolutely ripping the pish out him in a football sense. !!!

Ref was a disgrace ... Let him Boyd and McCulloch away with murder

Fantastic to humiliate that wee painter

GIRFUY ya fandango

GGTTH
Absolute thug. should have been booked for 3 or 4 challenges before he did get his yellow card.

27-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Horrible, dirty little *******, would break your leg as quick as look at you. Horrible wee player, suits the huns down to a tee. Should have been sent off before he was subbed and the rangers bench knew fine well that if he was kept on much longer he would end up seeing red at some point.

GIRFUY ya dirty little hun thug!

GreenLake
27-12-2014, 05:41 PM
He's a black mark in anyone's book and a skid mark on the underpants of football.

hibees 7062
27-12-2014, 05:48 PM
100% Coward , always has been :monkey:

SmashinGlass
27-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Arguable, but I reckon he should have been off for the lunge on allan. The intent was clear. He chased allan about 10 yards and tried to do him. Red all day long for me

matty_f
27-12-2014, 05:50 PM
I was gutted that he was subbed off, he was a red card waiting to happen.

Onion
27-12-2014, 05:51 PM
The boy needs counselling. He has a serious personality disorder.

Argylehibby
27-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Arguable, but I reckon he should have been off for the lunge on allan. The intent was clear. He chased allan about 10 yards and tried to do him. Red all day long for me

No arguable at all. It was a red all day long. A thug all day long who has no consideration for his fellow professional or the game.

27-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Just watched his tackle on Allan. Horrible, cowardly challenge. Dirty wee thug

IrnBru22
27-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Sevco fans dont like him much either..

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=277582&st=0%22%20title=%22Previous%20page%22%20rel=

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I was gutted that he was subbed off, he was a red card waiting to happen.

Nah, his manager having enough of him after half an hour was much funnier IMO

bigstu
27-12-2014, 06:28 PM
It was one of the best moments of the game today him getting hooked. Absolutely fantastic

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2014, 06:29 PM
It's a pity Bobby Madden hadn't been the ref in the 2012 Cup Final instead of that erse Thomson.

Hibrandenburg
27-12-2014, 07:00 PM
He's getting it tight on Rangers Media. It's pure joy reading the threads over there just now.

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 07:27 PM
He is one player I cannot stand, an utter thug of the highest order, much like the fans from the club he plays for. An absolute a**e

Capt Mainwaring
27-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Little Rat should have been booked earlier and even for his booking could have been a straight red,
I am completely comfortable in Blacks total humiliation tonight ! #bettingcheat

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Just watched his tackle on Allan. Horrible, cowardly challenge. Dirty wee thug

Agreed with most there

But.....A thug suggests a hard player that can back it up.

This little bottle merchant is a pretender who hides behind the badge of his employers

Think of Barry Ferguson hiding behind the ref after tackling Matty Jack.

Without the protection of a ref (cough Craig Thomson cough) he's nothing

Pick up your paint brush son, you're done

Sir David Gray
27-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Seeing that dirty Hearts rat getting hauled off after half an hour this afternoon was one of the funniest things I've seen on a football field for some time.

Blacky, Blacky gie us a wave. 13905

OsloHibs
27-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Complete disgrace today. Lasted half an hour. Says it all.

marinello59
27-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Watching the Rangers bench go as mad as us at him today was a real highlight.

brog
27-12-2014, 08:37 PM
A horrible, despicable little cowardly turd. He loves to act the hard man but runs a mile when challenged. Personally I hope he stays with Sevco for many seasons to come.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Scott Allan schooled him completely.

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 08:50 PM
He's getting it tight on Rangers Media. It's pure joy reading the threads over there just now.

He'd be getting it even tighter if they knew how much he was on :greengrin

I am conflicted with this one.......very cowardly player on the pitch and supports Hearts.........taking a huge huge salary from The Rangers thus forcing them nearer the edge of the football cliffs and a second admin..........och go on Blacky, keep cashing those pay cheques from that horrible little club ya wee painter decorator fandan :aok:

Bet he still made Livi today for the second half too :cb

He is also one of the reasons that made me realise Pat Fenlon would never cut it as a manager.......Black was allowed to dominate derbies and was never targeted by Pat as a 'strong link' in their side. A player like Black is so so easily riled and knocked off focus......for me had I been up against him it would have started in press the days before the game, during the warm up and in the tunnel, constant digs and jibes at him.....a player like Black would run a mile from you when up against someone who could really hurt him both physically and technically on the football pitch. When up against someone like that he plays with the 'poor me' syndrome with a greeting face.

Craig Levein gave him a Scotland cap..........at Easter Road :rolleyes: ever wonder why clubs ain't knocking Hearts door down to employ you as a boss Craig :faf::faf::faf: as an aside they were mocking Levein on the radio through the week talking about folk given jobs way way above their pay grade (when talking about WBA and Irvine).

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Maybe he had a score on not seeing out the first half?

hibees 7062
27-12-2014, 09:56 PM
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000S7aLN0bpOpo/s/500/I0000S7aLN0bpOpo.jpg (http://willievass.photoshelter.com/image/I0000S7aLN0bpOpo)

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I particularly enjoyed the "Scott Swot" when the wee turd was muscled off the ball by our midfield maestro :greengrin

jdships
27-12-2014, 10:04 PM
What a role model as a " Professional Footballer" this clown is
A disgrace to the name of "Professional Sportsman "

whiskyhibby
27-12-2014, 10:07 PM

I am conflicted with this one.......very cowardly player on the pitch and supports Hearts.........taking a huge huge salary from The Rangers thus forcing them nearer the edge of the football cliffs and a second admin..........och go on Blacky, keep cashing those pay cheques from that horrible little club ya wee painter decorator fandan :aok:

He is also one of the reasons that made me realise Pat Fenlon would never cut it as a manager.......Black was allowed to dominate derbies and was never targeted by Pat as a 'strong link' in their side. A player like Black is so so easily riled and knocked off focus......for me had I been up against him it would have started in press the days before the game, during the warm up and in the tunnel, constant digs and jibes at him.....a player like Black would run a mile from you when up against someone who could really hurt him both physically and technically on the football pitch. When up against someone like that he plays with the 'poor me' syndrome with a greeting face.

Craig Levein gave him a Scotland cap..........at Easter Road :rolleyes: ever wonder why clubs ain't knocking Hearts door down to employ you as a boss Craig :faf::faf::faf: as an aside they were mocking Levein on the radio through the week talking about folk given jobs way way above their pay grade (when talking about WBA and Irvine).

Well said a horrible little junkie thug............and hopefully he pushes the Huns nearer into a second admin with his wages [emoji4][emoji4]

hibees 7062
27-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Well said a horrible little junkie thug............and hopefully he pushes the Huns nearer into a second admin with his wages [emoji4][emoji4]

Exactly very lucky to get away with it to

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Harry Potter only did that to try make the 'Hibs' fans look bad

Pick a couple of 3rd division poor quality Rangers players for a meaningless friendly and watch the media try jump over us for booing Scotland players

Nevermind the vast majority of home fans that night weren't Hibs supporters (I went with 4 St Johnstone pals and they were very quick to voice their opinions) and these players had no right being near a Scotland call up

Everything that's wrong with the football in this country summed up in 1 night

Bostonhibby
27-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Coward who couldn't catch anyone so kicked and tugged the few he got remotely close to. Not even worth giving him a good slap anymore as his shabby wee career is on the way down.

The Green Goblin
27-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Thought his challenge was a straight red. It was a scandal Boyd wasn't booked or sent off for his 2nd half 'entrance' too. Still, 4-0. No injuries or suspensions for the derby.

27-12-2014, 10:40 PM

Spot on. Black loves to play the hard man act but if he's really stood up to he recoils back under his rock. Like you say, in the past hibs teams have been intimidated and backed off him but today we got in his face and stood up to him and that obviously riled him. You could see him getting increasingly frustrated. Allan was far too much for him to handle today and it resulted in wee greetin face resorting to lunging in on him.

Weststandwanab
28-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Handling could have been in hot water when he kicked out at Black, good to see Robbo had a word in his ear.

Did anyone notice that when he got booked, Scott Allan jumped up as if to react to the challenge, then just stood laughing in Blacks face. Absolutely outstanding.

I noticed that sheer Allan Class

100% Coward , always has been :monkey:

I am of the same opinion - Black was found wanting today by a midfield maestro,

Thought his challenge was a straight red. It was a scandal Boyd wasn't booked or sent off for his 2nd half 'entrance' too. Still, 4-0. No injuries or suspensions for the derby.

Bring on The Hearts

JimBHibees
28-12-2014, 08:18 AM
I particularly enjoyed the "Scott Swot" when the wee turd was muscled off the ball by our midfield maestro :greengrin

Yep that was brilliant and really got the fans into the game early doors.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Loved it when Scotty just chucked him aside and drove on with the ball.

All in all, Ian Black is a little fud.

Oscar T Grouch
28-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Sevco fans dont like him much either..

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=277582&st=0%22%20title=%22Previous%20page%22%20rel=

He doesn't deserve to paint house either! 😂😂😂

GordonR
28-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Made a right fool of himself today. More interested in hurting players than playing football. Did fine it funny that Rangers fans joined Hibs fans singing about him being a ****er

They can't stand him either. There's a thread about him on Rangers Media right now - about how he got caught out betting against his own team and should never have been allowed to play for them again.

My son reminded me of the Scotland game at ER where Black got booed by the Hibs and Hearts fans present. The most unpopular player in the country?

capitals_finest
28-12-2014, 08:56 AM
This wee creature would make me cringe if he was at my club.

green glory
28-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Ha ha! Suck it up fud.

emerald green
28-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Black hasn't got much (anything?) going for him either as a footballer, or a person. Just a nasty wee s****.

Did his father play for Hearts too? I think he did.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Both him and Boyd are just what the The Rangers don't need just now. Pitiful excusers for professionals. Being hooked in the first half is a humiliation.

28-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Yesterday says a lot about what the rangers management thinks about Black. He was in book not even half an hour into the game and they didn't trust him to hold his discipline for the remainder of the game. He was an absolute certainty to get sent off if he had been kept on the pitch. You could see him starting to get frustrated, confronting hibs players in his cringeworthy wee "i'm a hard nut" act and throwing his usual leg breaker tackles at people. Horrible little hot head who thinks he's some sort of hard man.

It also says a lot that the rangers fans hate him considering all the other despicable characters they have had playing for them in the past and loved.

hibees 7062
28-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Black hasn't got much (anything?) going for him either as a footballer, or a person. Just a nasty wee s****.

Did his father play for Hearts too? I think he did.

Hibs and Hearts . Opposite of his clown of a son

Nutmegged
28-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Black isn't and never has been or will be a hard man, he'd love to be one but he isn't, what he is is a little coward who takes cheap shots on opponents from behind, he isn't someone that scares the opppsition or someone who'll galvanise his team-mates and supporters.

This isn't a bitter rant at an ex Yam, far from it, just an honest observation

snooky
28-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Hibs and Hearts . Opposite of his clown of a son

Black senior also played for The Big T Juniors IIRC.

Onion
28-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Yesterday says a lot about what the rangers management thinks about Black. He was in book not even half an hour into the game and they didn't trust him to hold his discipline for the remainder of the game. He was an absolute certainty to get sent off if he had been kept on the pitch. You could see him starting to get frustrated, confronting hibs players in his cringeworthy wee "i'm a hard nut" act and throwing his usual leg breaker tackles at people. Horrible little hot head who thinks he's some sort of hard man.

It also says a lot that the rangers fans hate him considering all the other despicable characters they have had playing for them in the past and loved.

Like Boyd, McCulloch and the other older Sevco Mercenaries, Black is on the way out. By the time Sevco get to the Premiership, he'll be ready for the 1st or 2 Div.

He's always been a little tit intent on winding up the opposition but he was also a decent player who could control the pace of the game. Yesterday the Hibs midfield, and Scott in particular, destroyed him. Like Boyd, all that was left was for Black to act like a thug. It's all they can contribute now.

hibees 7062
28-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Swatted like a wee fly :faf:

heretoday
28-12-2014, 04:41 PM
I think the main thing is that it was not a dirty game. One minute of extra time in the first half and two minutes in the second half.

Black's contribution was minimal.

whiskyhibby
28-12-2014, 05:59 PM
If I was a Rangers fan I would be crapping myself at the thought of taking on Celtic in the league cup, a record,defeat is on the cards !

PatHead
28-12-2014, 06:02 PM
If I was a Rangers fan I would be crapping myself at the thought of taking on Celtic in the league cup, a record,defeat is on the cards !

Will be. It is the first time they have played.

heretoday
29-12-2014, 10:22 AM

In a sense I hope the Celts go easy on Rangers. They are, like it or not, a huge part of the fabric of Scottish football and to murder them completely would not be a good thing IMO.

GordonHFC
29-12-2014, 10:40 AM
In a sense I hope the Celts go easy on Rangers. They are, like it or not, a huge part of the fabric of Scottish football and to murder them completely would not be a good thing IMO.

Aye right 😀

trev the hat
29-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Celtic are currently 1/2 to beat that mob in LC, now if I had a spare 10k I know where it would be heading.

ano hibby
29-12-2014, 10:47 AM
What price are The Gers..if a decent price that's where my money will be.
It's a funny old game.

trev the hat
29-12-2014, 10:51 AM
What price are The Gers..if a decent price that's where my money will be.
It's a funny old game.

19/5
Good luck with that !!

Weststandwanab
29-12-2014, 10:52 AM

I beg to differ and hope they get another tanking it may demoralise them further in the run in.

Celtic are currently 1/2 to beat that mob in LC, now if I had a spare 10k I know where it would be heading.

I am amazed any bookie is giving any odds.

ano hibby
29-12-2014, 10:57 AM
19/5
Good luck with that !!

I'll wait until Dunbarton pump them on Sat & pick them up at 5/1 or thereabouts :)

trev the hat
29-12-2014, 10:57 AM
I beg to differ and hope they get another tanking it may demoralise them further in the run in.

Agreed

I am amazed any bookie is giving any odds.

I looked at the odds on this before we turned them over & odds haven't changed. 1/2 won't be around for long, ps that's with Hills if anyone fancies a slice & it's very tempting I must say.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Celtic -3 is the bet for me.

R'Albin
29-12-2014, 11:36 AM
I don't think it's in Celtic's long - term interests to absolutely destroy Rangers. I sense a three or four goal victory before them taking their foot off the gas a little.

Cropley10
29-12-2014, 11:59 AM
How small is Black? He looked absolutely tiny the other day.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2014, 12:07 PM

Must be about 5"7' surely?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2014, 01:46 PM
No doubt the S/F will be shown to a wider audience than just Scotland? I fear that rather than a show-piece game, it could be 90 minutes of carnage.

--------
29-12-2014, 01:46 PM

The biggest League Cup Score is 7-1 to Celtic in the League Cup Final 1957 (that's the game where the Bluenose Broadcasting Corporation 'accidentally' destroyed most of the film of the highlights). Rangers' biggest win over Celtic is 8-1 on New Year's Day 1943 - a wartime match which I suppose the Huns won't count any more than they count the match when we beat them by the same score the previous year. Or maybe they will ...

I think the Scottish media will assume that Newco will find a bit more bottle in that game than they showed on Saturday - they all seem to think that they lay down to Hibs, rather than that Hibs played some very good football in spite of being assaulted repeatedly throughout the second half with little or no action being taken by the referee. I have to say that I wonder whether the present Celtic team is capable of doing a similar assassination job on them, but hat-tricks for Stokes and Griffiths (supposing he's still at Parkhead when the game's played) wouldn't be unwelcome at Chateau Doddie.

Pardon? I've waited a long time to hear the strains of "Go home, ya Huns, go home" echoing from my TV set 20 minutes from the end of a Rangers game at ER. Happened on Saturday - music to my lug-holes, mate.

It is a truth universally acknowledged (or used to be, around ER at any rate) that a Rangers team in receipt of a half-time thrashing should be thrashed harder and more ruthlessly throughout the second half of the game, whoever the opposition might be. (My apologies to Jane Austen)

#FromTheCapital
29-12-2014, 01:49 PM

3 inches erect so I've heard.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2014, 02:01 PM

he was in a police line up once

http://www.paintpartyplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Blog4.jpg

i'm sure someone could use photoshop and stick his head on top of a brush

heretoday
29-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Given a choice I would rather stand with the Rangers mob than with the Celtic.

Why? Because the Celtic fans are a bunch of tinkers quite frankly. Hideous crowd.

lapsedhibee
29-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Given a choice I would rather stand with the Rangers mob than with the Celtic.

Why? Because the Celtic fans are a bunch of tinkers quite frankly. Hideous crowd.

Shirley you don't intend to suggest that the the huns are not a hideous crowd? Many on this board are old enough to have stood among them!

--------
29-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Shirley you don't intend to suggest that the the huns are not a hideous crowd? Many on this board are old enough to have stood among them!

Having stood among both Celtic and Rangers followers on the old East Terrace many times in the past I would make the following distinction between them.

The Rangers support was the more likely to do you grievous bodily harm.

The Celtic support was the more likely to piss all over your trousers before doing you grievous bodily harm.

But neither support was a pleasure to have in the stadium. Two sides of the same foul coin, IMO.

That said, in those days there was always the possibility of finding safe areas to stand, and unlike today you could move away from trouble or hassle. Nowadays you couldn't allow an unsegregated crowd - you'd have murder done - but if you find yourself next to an aerosol who happens to be a Hibs-supporting aerosol, you're stuck with him (or her, I suppose).

But neither game was a pleasant experience, TBH. The same went for the Hearts games - the only compensation in all three cases was when Hibs beat them.

But in regard to post #80 from heretoday, I have to say that over the years I've met a fair number of tinkers and travellers, and none of them have been in any way comparable to the low-life that makes up the lower sediment of either Old Firm support. Thoroughly sound guys, most of them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-12-2014, 05:19 PM

He's tiny, hence his ridiculous 'wee man syndrome'. His strip must be a medium boys in size cause it looks ****ing ridiculously small on him. Maybe he paints it on himself?

29-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Celtic will NOT go easy on rangers, they have not met in years and i'm sure will use this rare opportunity to utterly humiliate them. If celtic are in top gear they will give the huns an absolute hiding.

Glorious St Pat
29-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Celtic will NOT go easy on rangers, they have not met in years and i'm sure will use this rare opportunity to utterly humiliate them. If celtic are in top gear they will give the huns an absolute hiding.

Agree....hope they tear them a new one. For anyone to have a thread of sympathy for them....I shake my head in disgust!

Mikey09
29-12-2014, 06:17 PM
The boy needs counselling. He has a serious personality disorder.

Ive had the displeasure of meeting the arse twice.... Once when I was in the police, can't say any more, and once at a meeting referees have pre season. I can assure you he doesn't have a personality at all.....

Aldo
29-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Rat boy was found out on Sat and early doors at that. He couldn't cope and lashing out is his one and only way of dealing with it.

Allan gave him a lesson on how it should be done.

Roaster of the highest order IMHO and a thug to boot.

Kato
29-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Having stood among both Celtic and Rangers followers on the old East Terrace many times in the past I would make the following distinction between them.

The Rangers support was the more likely to do you grievous bodily harm.

The Celtic support was the more likely to piss all over your trousers before doing you grievous bodily harm.

Celtic fans were also more likely to get you pished before pissing over you, ghb etc.

Got battered badly at ER by huns before a game which was League decider for them in the early 70's. Guys about 19-early20's knocked hell out of me and my pal on the steps going up to Shaw's Heights, we were 12. Never experienced that with Celtic fans but that's probably just chance.

lapsedhibee
29-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Celtic fans were also more likely to get you pished before pissing over you, ghb etc.

Got battered badly at ER by huns before a game which was League decider for them in the early 70's. Guys about 19-early20's knocked hell out of me and my pal on the steps going up to Shaw's Heights, we were 12. Never experienced that with Celtic fans but that's probably just chance.
Nah, don't think it's chance. It's because they know that deep down we're their wee cousins.:sick:

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Agree....hope they tear them a new one. For anyone to have a thread of sympathy for them....I shake my head in disgust!Thing is, Celtic are just as disgusting. I hope they both knock lumps out of each other and the game is abandoned.

California-Hibs
29-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Just how good was it seeing us (Allan in particular) ripping the absolute pish out of the former dirty jambo ned! Was the cherry on top :thumbsup:

--------
29-12-2014, 09:21 PM

I had a couple of fairly scary encounters with Celtic fans in the late 1960's, though to be fair on the second occasion other Celtic fans intervened and told the neds to get packing. Rangers fans I just tried to keep well away from. TBH, I was always more wary (read 'scared') of the Huns than I ever was of the Soapdodgers.

I find generally that Celtic fans tend to be patronising rather than hostile - we're supposedly their 'wee cousins', as lapsedhibee says - but I have to say that some of the ones in the Caldera can be pretty obnoxious.

But as I say, I've waited a long time to hear the East giving pelters to "Go home ya Huns" and it was great to hear it on Saturday - just looking at the faces in the Rangers dug-out after the fourth goal went in said it all - hard, angry, hateful faces every one.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Thing is, Celtic are just as disgusting. I hope they both knock lumps out of each other and the game is abandoned.
[emoji106] Two cheeks,same erse

Sean1875
30-12-2014, 06:15 AM
remember when it was an apparent close call whether he came to us or the yams... thank **** we avoided that one! horrible wee thug, shouldnt be allowed on a football pitch

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2014, 07:58 AM
remember when it was an apparent close call whether he came to us or the yams... thank **** we avoided that one! horrible wee thug, shouldnt be allowed on a football pitch

Thing is he used to be a thug that was subtle and able to get away with it. He's now so far off the pace he can't be subtle and is kicking folk 5 seconds after the ball's away.

Great to see him fall so far.

Barney McGrew
30-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Still my favourite picture of Ian Black.....

H18sry
30-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Former Hibernian player Chic Charnley has branded Rangers midfielder Ian Black a "coward". (Various) from BBC Gossip

ano hibby
30-12-2014, 08:38 AM

Nice one..when IM clattered him in early stages of derby..from memory should have been a red :)

Albanian Hibs
30-12-2014, 08:55 AM

Hahaha aye right

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-12-2014, 09:01 AM

Haha, faf, never seen that photo before.

Cheers.

heretoday
30-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Well I just hate all that Celtic sentimentality - all that crying into the beer stuff. I suppose that's what football is about but I still find it mawkish.

I am not keen on the Rangers equivalent either which tends to manifest itself in a sort of faux "uprightness" bordering on complete hypocrisy.

And for anyone doubting me in any way - yes I have run with the worst of them and have the scars to prove it.

Smartie
30-12-2014, 09:38 AM

The only break we've had in a derby in recent years.

Nailed on, 100% red card every day of the week.

Ha ha.

carnoustiehibee
30-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Lewis mcloed singing for brentford 1m

Dan Sarf
30-12-2014, 10:40 AM

How do folk rate him? Brentford is my second team - playing great stuff at the moment, just like the Hibees!

30-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Thing is he used to be a thug that was subtle and able to get away with it. He's now so far off the pace he can't be subtle and is kicking folk 5 seconds after the ball's away.

Great to see him fall so far.

I agree. Hibs were running circles around him on saturday and it frustrated him, the only way he could handle them was to try and hack them out the game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-12-2014, 11:23 AM
How do folk rate him? Brentford is my second team - playing great stuff at the moment, just like the Hibees!

He would be a great signing for £1 mill!

Hibby Bairn
30-12-2014, 11:28 AM

Good to also see a proper Hibs strip.

GreenLake
30-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Ha ha! Suck it up fud.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Former Hibernian player Chic Charnley has branded Rangers midfielder Ian Black a "coward". (Various) from BBC Gossip

Just read the article in The Record. Charnley certainly doesnae miss him. Nae love lost there! :-)

Sir David Gray
30-12-2014, 12:29 PM

The only negative of that photo is that the clown standing beside him wasn't given the same treatment.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-12-2014, 01:19 PM
The only negative of that photo is that the clown standing beside him wasn't given the same treatment.

Another negative was that the little ****er managed to play on. Also, that they scored a last minute winner as well 😡

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2014, 01:49 PM

What's he singing? The sash?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Anyone got any footage of it or a vine? Would love to see it again :greengrin

aljo7-0
30-12-2014, 01:58 PM
It's in the highlights on Hibs TV with Kevin Harper confirming Scott Allan swatted him away like a wee fly.

StevieC
30-12-2014, 02:06 PM

Was it on the Sportscene highlights?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2014, 02:09 PM

Dunno mate, haven't seen it.

chinaman
30-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Chico summed the tool up perfectly ..pure and simply blacks a COWARD. Never gone for a 50-50 straight on , always from side or behind

ALF TUPPER
It's in the highlights on Hibs TV with Kevin Harper confirming Scott Allan swatted him away like a wee fly.

Hahahahahaha . Yeah KH at his best. Great description. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy

Suprisingly not :rolleyes:

Weststandwanab
30-12-2014, 02:13 PM

It is not !!!!!!!!!!!!

ALF TUPPER
30-12-2014, 02:21 PM
No it didnt make the BBC cut. Pity was one of many highlights for me :thumbsup:

--------
30-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Wasnae singing "The Sash", was he?

If he's worth a million, what's Scott Allan worth? Get him signed up on a longer contract, Leeann!!!!!

judas
30-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Hahahahahaha . Yeah KH at his best. Great description. :thumbsup:

It's great the Black was brushed aside, but Harper was one of the biggest bottlers I saw at ER. Softer than the brown stuff.

BoomtownHibees
30-12-2014, 03:01 PM
It's great the Black was brushed aside, but Harper was one of the biggest bottlers I saw at ER. Softer than the brown stuff.

In what way??

Thecat23
30-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Can't say I agree with that myself. Thought he was powerful and stayed on his feet when he could.

majorhibs
30-12-2014, 03:17 PM

Nah you got that one well wrong. At a time we had little threat up front Kev Harper, at a young age & with a lot of expectation put on him by Miller & Hardie et al, used to run at defenders at speed in a way which when he put the ball past them, meant 1 of 2 things, Harper is off doing damage, or the defender chops him down, leaving Scotlands finest (refs) to do their job. Just cast your mind back to the derby at ER when they muppets thought they were in with a shout at the league under jumbo jim. Wee Harper destroyed them, they just could not handle him that day, & when he run on & slotted the winner with about 10/15 left, I thought all the old boys opposite were going to take the roof of the old stand with the noise they were making, (just before it was pulled down?) & all 3 sides of ER that counted were totally buzzing. That at a time we were not really good, but fat jumbo had described it as a "must win" for them to stay at the top, & how sweet was it to turn them over. But, wee Harper, playing that role in a not very good team, I am sorry, I dont recollect a lack of bottle, with Scottish "refs" as they were & are, to be a skillfull player in this country, taking men on, lack of bottle? Nah, no with our refs!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2014, 03:25 PM

What's a vine in this context?

poolman
30-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Total crap

Pedantic_Hibee
30-12-2014, 03:48 PM

It's a 6 second video. I've got plenty home-made nudey movies starring me on vine.....with seconds to spare.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2014, 04:01 PM
FFS! Are folks attention spans really becoming that short? Thank Donald I've managed to avoid a lot of so called social media.

lapsedhibee
30-12-2014, 04:10 PM

Let this be your introduction:
https://vine.co/v/OHFhbqUK7AE

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2014, 04:18 PM
heard this today for the first time in ages and thought of him...

http://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw

Peevemor
30-12-2014, 04:23 PM
It's a 6 second video. I've got plenty home-made nudey movies starring me on vine.....with seconds to spare.

Apparently so named after someone compiled the highlights of Rowan's Hibs career.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Apparently so named after someone compiled the highlights of Rowan's Hibs career.

spot on

--------
30-12-2014, 04:32 PM

Which Harper?

Now if you mean Lardass -

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47493000/jpg/_47493004_harper282.jpg

I agree. (You know - out a beret and a pair of specs on him, and he'd look just like Benny Hill. Maybe Turnbull meant to sign Benny and got the wrong guy. Pity. Benny Hill was probably a better striker than Lardass.)

But if you're talking about Kevin, you're talking rubbish.

Col2
30-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Looks like he might be off the Aberdeen.

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/5151.php

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2014, 04:52 PM

Lol. Painters and decorators, sparkies and chippies will be minted in Aiberdeen...

Scottie
30-12-2014, 04:54 PM

:greengrin He's finished going on that performance on Saturday.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2014, 04:59 PM

My respect for them has plummeted, there's no chance they have had a chance to look at his gloss work with a brush, or how he does with a standard roller on emulsion work, unless of course its nothing to do with painting and decorating and they really mean they are after a short erse with a turned up nose who thinks he is a hard man and cant run about any more.

If so if they extend their deadline to 24 hours and look at all East Lothian postcodes there are hundreds of folk just like him who really are tough and you don't have to pay them to do what this jellyfish does on the pitch.

erin go bragh
30-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Load of tom kite imo . Great player for us .
Think your at it judas .

Ggtth

silverhibee
30-12-2014, 05:08 PM

Good question. :greengrin

Pete
30-12-2014, 05:28 PM

What does "swotted" mean?

Does he have exams coming up?

judas
30-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Load of tom kite imo . Great player for us .
Think your at it judas .

Ggtth

On the contrary pal. Kh's appearances for hibs coincided with my most prolific period as a hibs supporter. I never missed a game home or away.

There are two factors that affect our perception of harper. Firstly, the goals he did score where notable. He scored a couple of toppers vs the yams.

Secondly, hibs fans are obsessed with former players who feature prominently in media circles and speak kindly of hibs in the 'we' context.

Both factors are naturally endearing.

But my strong recollection of kh, shared with many at the time, is that he was more often than not anonymous in games or just plain honking. His goal ratio is worse that 1 in 6. Do you realise how poor that is?

Kh is one of those players who doesn't deserve our hype.

aljo7-0
30-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Yes - he has a Higher in "How to be a midfielder" in January. He is now expected to pass - given the perfect lesson he witnessed from Scott Allan, from the Dugout, for the last 60 minutes on Saturday

majorhibs
30-12-2014, 05:41 PM
On the contrary pal. Kh's appearances for hibs coincided with my most prolific period as a hibs supporter. I never missed a game home or away.

There are two factors that affect our perception of harper. Firstly, the goals he did score where notable. He scored a couple of toppers vs the yams.

Secondly, hibs fans are obsessed with former players who feature prominently in media circles and speak kindly of hibs in the 'we' context.

Both factors are naturally endearing.

But my strong recollection of kh, shared with many at the time, is that he was more often than not anonymous in games or just plain honking. His goal ratio is worse that 1 in 6. Do you realise how poor that is?

Kh is one of those players who doesn't deserve our hype.

Behave. He was predominantly a winger, young & finding his feet when we had him, over hyped by that trumpet from the evening news & mogadon, the TEAM at the time was very weak, we got good money at that time for Harper, as a Hibee I have never once heard him comment on Hibs as I dont listen or watch the guff served up by so called Scottish media, & IMO your either at the wind up here or Kevin Harper stole your bird.

judas
30-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Behave. He was predominantly a winger, young & finding his feet when we had him, over hyped by that trumpet from the evening news & mogadon, the TEAM at the time was very weak, we got good money at that time for Harper, as a Hibee I have never once heard him comment on Hibs as I dont listen or watch the guff served up by so called Scottish media, & IMO your either at the wind up here or Kevin Harper stole your bird.

Although, I have weakness for the odd spot of trolling, I really do feel the boy was distinctly over rated.

When did he find his feet btw? He scored a couple fir derby and then went missing. A bit like his time at hibs.

Future17
30-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Let this be your introduction:
https://vine.co/v/OHFhbqUK7AE

Nice. Watching it on a loop like that makes it clear just how amateur the the Rangers defence is/was. What is Law doing except, along with Wallace, ****ting himself?

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Which Harper?

it was early 70s, Scotland were playing Denmark away in a World Cup Qualifier. The English commentator (obviously not familiar with the Scottish game) came out with this beauty.

And coming on is little Joe Harper from... Little Joe Harper from... Little Joe Harper from...(pause)... THE SUBSTITUTES BENCH.

brog
30-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Which Harper?

I agree. (You know - out a beret and a pair of specs on him, and he'd look just like Benny Hill. Maybe Turnbull meant to sign Benny and got the wrong guy. Pity. Benny Hill was probably a better striker than Lardass.)

But if you're talking about Kevin, you're talking rubbish.

Joe Harper scored 49 goals in 99 appearances for us. I don't believe any Hibs player since then has equalled that ratio. I wish we had some more rubbish strikers like Harper (Joe that is! ).
PS, I agree your comment re Kevin.

Deansy
30-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Is'Swotted' actually meant to be 'Swatted' ?

majorhibs
30-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Well I just hate all that Celtic sentimentality - all that crying into the beer stuff. I suppose that's what football is about but I still find it mawkish.

I am not keen on the Rangers equivalent either which tends to manifest itself in a sort of faux "uprightness" bordering on complete hypocrisy.

And for anyone doubting me in any way - yes I have run with the worst of them and have the scars to prove it.

Run wi the worst of who? If you attended Scottish Football matches following Hibs in the 70s there is no question- cos if you were there you would have been undoubtadly kicked upside down at one stage or another, probably a few times, by, what is to me & I am very certain I will not witness anything as bad or as allowed to happen by a so called Scottish police force, but, the worst? By a country mile, by however large you could describe it, there will never for me be anything as lowlife disgusting as the 70s/80s huns. I was not there in generations before but after what I experienced, hats of to the Hibbies who attended in the 60s/50s & before cos if the earlier versions were as lowlife as what I saw, bearing in mind its all supposed to be a progression, well the earlier huns would have chased the neanderthals & sabre tooth tigers out of town. Theres just no comparison. Nothing nowhere lower than a hun.

hibees 7062
30-12-2014, 06:45 PM

http://rs1103.pbsrc.com/albums/g468/chinarail1/MiscellaneousSNTPC/FlySwat-3.jpg~c200 :jamboclow

--------
30-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Joe Harper scored 49 goals in 99 appearances for us. I don't believe any Hibs player since then has equalled that ratio. I wish we had some more rubbish strikers like Harper (Joe that is! ).

Ah well - 50% agreement ain't bad.

You saw Lardass "play"?

Jonnyboy
30-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Swotted or Swatted? I prefer twatted :greengrin

--------
30-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Swotted or Swatted? I prefer twatted :greengrin

I would prefer him SPLATTED.

From a great height.

Weststandwanab
30-12-2014, 08:05 PM

An ex Player ?

No need to let us know that

He had an exam at Easter Road and s found wanting !

Www1875hfc
30-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Run wi the worst of who? If you attended Scottish Football matches following Hibs in the 70s there is no question- cos if you were there you would have been undoubtadly kicked upside down at one stage or another, probably a few times, by, what is to me & I am very certain I will not witness anything as bad or as allowed to happen by a so called Scottish police force, but, the worst? By a country mile, by however large you could describe it, there will never for me be anything as lowlife disgusting as the 70s/80s huns. I was not there in generations before but after what I experienced, hats of to the Hibbies who attended in the 60s/50s & before cos if the earlier versions were as lowlife as what I saw, bearing in mind its all supposed to be a progression, well the earlier huns would have chased the neanderthals & sabre tooth tigers out of town. Theres just no comparison. Nothing nowhere lower than a hun.

This. :agree: I used to go through to ibrox to watch Hibs,when a crowd of 3,000 used to attend there home games.
We used to stand behind the dug outs in the enclosure,and ended up down near the exit at the corner flag.
Covered in spit.
They are vermin.
When big Craig Paterson signed for them,we used to stand outside the main stand for Craig to come out and hand over the complimentary tickets,only for Craig to be met with shouts of, "what are you giving they fenian *******s tickets fur"

brog
30-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Ah well - 50% agreement ain't bad.

You saw Lardass "play"?

I did, starting with his first game at Falkirk when he was at least 2 stones overweight. I do also however remember him scoring our 1st SPL goal, the winner vs them, a left foot rocket from 25 yards. He was never popular because he was perceived to have broken up the Tornadoes, & the Jim O/ Alan G partnership in particular but his goal scoring record at ER was excellent & resulted in him being capped while at Hibs.

--------
31-12-2014, 01:16 PM
I did, starting with his first game at Falkirk when he was at least 2 stones overweight. I do also however remember him scoring our 1st SPL goal, the winner vs them, a left foot rocket from 25 yards. He was never popular because he was perceived to have broken up the Tornadoes, & the Jim O/ Alan G partnership in particular but his goal scoring record at ER was excellent & resulted in him being capped while at Hibs.

Well he always seemed to me to be a sleekit wee devil who tended to hide when the going got tough and had a poisonous effect on the spirit if the team.

He was supposed to be the player who would win us the Championship - nothing could have been farther from the eventual outcome.

£140,000 in 1973? Turnbull must have been raving mad.

But it's clear we're not going to agree about this, isn't it? :greengrin

emerald green
31-12-2014, 01:31 PM

I still don't understand to this day why Eddie Turnbull broke up the O'Rourke/Gordon partnership.

--------
31-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I still don't understand to this day why Eddie Turnbull broke up the O'Rourke/Gordon partnership.

My understanding is that he wasn't happy that AG was a part-timer - as AG had been throughout his career. Whether this was about some perceived lack of commitment on AG's part, or whether ET thought AG wasn't fit enough (which would have been ridiculous given the way AG played and scored for Hibs the previous season) I don't know.

AG was an independent, educated guy, and I think ET felt uncomfortable with him. AG had opinions of his own and expressed them, which I don't think went down too well with the manager (and chairman) of the day ....

I've never understood his treatment of Seamus - that lad bled green-and-white and IMO was treated very badly by ET and Tom Hart.

Bad times those.

snedzuk
31-12-2014, 05:13 PM
My understanding is that he wasn't happy that AG was a part-timer - as AG had been throughout his career. Whether this was about some perceived lack of commitment on AG's part, or whether ET thought AG wasn't fit enough (which would have been ridiculous given the way AG played and scored for Hibs the previous season) I don't know.

AG was an independent, educated guy, and I think ET felt uncomfortable with him. AG had opinions of his own and expressed them, which I don't think went down too well with the manager (and chairman) of the day ....

I've never understood his treatment of Seamus - that lad bled green-and-white and IMO was treated very badly by ET and Tom Hart.

Bad times those.

"The trouble wi you gordon is yer brains are a in yer heid" - is that just an old wives tale or did ET say that I wonder...

heretoday
01-01-2015, 07:38 PM

I know Harper was not the most popular chap but who cares when he's banging the goals in? No one's perfect.

Deansy
01-01-2015, 09:51 PM

For every Hun that dislikes him, there'll be 10 who love him as he epitomises 'their type of player' !!. Tom Forsyth, Gregor Cowan, Ian Black etc ARE the type of players these cretins love - they might appreciate the occasional player actually capable of playing the game but given the choice between 'Skill' and 'Thuggery', history shows the majority of themidolise the latter !!

Ditto - I loved Eddie Turnbull but could never understand why he chose to do this, especially in Alan Gordon's case as he was in the running for the 'Golden Boot of Europe' that very season ?? (For younger fans, the 'Golden Boot' thing was basically a competition for the highest-scorer in Europe)

eastmainsmsh
01-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Hearing he is running up and down in barry Hughes Bentley

hibees 7062
02-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Hearing he is running up and down in barry Hughes Bentley

Is that who it belongs to ? He had it at the East Fife game

hibbybrian
02-01-2015, 04:45 AM
For every Hun that dislikes him, there'll be 10 who love him as he epitomises 'their type of player' !!. Tom Forsyth, Gregor Cowan, Ian Black etc ARE the type of players these cretins love - they might appreciate the occasional player actually capable of playing the game but given the choice between 'Skill' and 'Thuggery', history shows the majority of themidolise the latter !!

I think you may have been thinking of this cheekie chappie, one Gregor Stevens :lolrangers:

HoboHarry
02-01-2015, 05:04 AM
I think you may have been thinking of this cheekie chappie, one Gregor Stevens :lolrangers:

Not sure that the Rangers fans hold Black in the same regard as they did Stevens and Forsyth to be fair. Though in fairness, even I warmed to Forsyth after THAT tackle on Mick Channon... :greengrin

--------
02-01-2015, 12:04 PM
"The trouble wi you gordon is yer brains are a in yer heid" - is that just an old wives tale or did ET say that I wonder...

With a few expletives deleted, I believe he did. I had it from a Herald journalist and close friend who got it straight from AG.

As far as Ian Black goes, I think it's not a fair comparison to link him with Tom Forsyth. I wouldn't deny that Forsyth was a hard, hard player who wasn't too choosy about how he stopped the other player, but he wasn't a coward like Black. Black likes to dish it out, but changes colour (to a pasty, bilious yellow) whenever he gets some back. He wouldn't have lived ten minutes on the same field as the old-time hard men - he'd have been carried off snivelling for his mammy if Shades or Sloop or Jacky Mac had got one in on him. BBJ would have buried him in several pieces.

Gregor Stevens was a bit more in the Black mould - never had any time for him, but like HoboHarry I could never entirely dislike Forsyth after that tackle on Channon.

He had to be inch-perfect on the ball or it was a penalty and Engerlund would steal a totally-undeserved draw - and he was.

IrnBru22
16-01-2015, 02:28 PM
https://vine.co/v/OjKYvKVgvLA

Heres a slo-mo vine of it

JimBHibees
16-01-2015, 03:03 PM

That is brilliant. :not worth

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-01-2015, 03:12 PM

Best.vine.ever

poolman
16-01-2015, 03:56 PM
That's a great angle

Makes you kinda warm inside watching that tramp getting put on his erchy

Boyle89
16-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Love it!!

brog
16-01-2015, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;4262352]With a few expletives deleted, I believe he did. I had it from a Herald journalist and close friend who got it straight from AG.
You're correct Doddie, it definitely happened. I spent a lot of time in Jim O's company in the 70's & I remember him falling about laughing at ET's riposte to "Tosh" as AG was known. TBF to ET in breaking up the Tornadoes he only did in the 70's what other managers since, notably Fergie, have taken as their template. The Tornadoes were unfortunate in that they were competing against an excellent Celtc team, one that had been in 2 European Cup finals in the 5 years prior to our League Cup win & who had replaced older players with the likes of Dalglish, Macari, Hay & Connelly. Despite that the Tornadoes underachieved. Turnbull believed his team were not mentally tough enough, nor did we have a big enough squad ( we effectively operated with 14 players ) hence his signing of Harper & throwing down a challenge to the other players. It didn't work but it's hard to argue with his logic.
One clarification, I don't believe Alan Gordon was ever part time. You're correct that he continued to work as an accountant while at ER but that, IIRC, had no impact on his footballing requirements.

Northernhibee
17-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Has the wee dickhead even gotten a game since that?

IrnBru22
17-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Has the wee dickhead even gotten a game since that?

Benched