PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v The Rangers

Bronson
27-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Oxley - 7, not much to do but took in all the crosses well and relieved the pressure just when we needed it.

Gray - 9, what a strike. He may have been subbed due to injury but the 75 mins he spent on the pitch richly deserved a 9, well played once again.
Fontaine - 9, superb again. Looks a quality signing, thought he was great all afternoon and his block on the line was as good as another goal.
Hanlon - 7, not too much to do but solid along with Fontaine, some excellent passes.
Stevenson - 7, ran tirelessly down that left hand side as he does every week, solid defensively, good performance.

Robertson - 8, started off slowly but grew into the game, took his goal well and had a good afternoon.
Allan - 10, immaculate performance. 3 assists and a big hand in the other goal as well with a great cross to Craig. What a player he is, a joy to watch, took the p*ss out that lot all afternoon. I could praise him all day.
Craig - 9, great game, great goal. Well done and happy birthday!
Handling - 6, not a bad game by any means, but the quietest player in the team. Still a respectable performance, played his part.

Cummings - 7, put in a good shift and got his goal, played well.
Malonga - 6, some lovely touches and good link up, even when he doesn't score he's a great outlet to have, quiet by his standards today but like Handling, played his part.

Brightside
27-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Hanlon was just as good as Fontaine. Didn't put a foot wrong all day. Handling had an excellent game today also.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Oxley - 7

Gray - 8
Hanlon - 8
Fontaine - 8
Lewis - 8

Craig - 9
Robertson - 8
Allan - 10
Handling 7.5

Cummings - 8
Malonga - 7

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 04:21 PM
10 for all Hibs players today.

:top marks

easty
27-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Hanlon was just as good as Fontaine. Didn't put a foot wrong all day. Handling had an excellent game today also.

:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
27-12-2014, 04:24 PM
No weak leak today, except perhaps Malonga, who was off the pace and gets six. Nines for Allan, Craig and Gray, and eights for everyone else.

Bronson
27-12-2014, 04:24 PM

I thought Hanlon had a good game, but Fontaine was a stand out for me.

ACLeith
27-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Agree. And beyond individual performances the teamwork and determination was also a 10. Also refusal to react the wrong way to them clearly coming out the second half to try to kick us.

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Had tickets but full of the cold so watching the telly from my bed today. Still;

Oxley - 9. Every single ball that came into the penalty box was his and nobody else was getting it. Had nothing to do largely because he and his defence made sure he had nothing to do.

David Gray - 9.5 - Best right back in years.
Liam Fontaine - 10 - proper, proper centre back.
Paul Hanlon - 8 - not quite as good as Liam Fontaine but otherwise excellent.
Lewis Stevenson - 8 - up against a pacey opposite number and had him in his back pocket.

Scott Robertson - 9 - great goal and gave us a major work rate in midfield.
Scott Allan - 10. The boy will be EPL standard in a couple of years, joy to have him at Hibs.
Liam Craig - 9.5 - bossed the midfield, great distribution and capped off a great team move for his goal.
Danny Handling - 8 - lively and was unlucky not to have a goal.

Jasom Cummings - 8.5 - right place for the goal and get their CBs plenty to think about.
Dominique Malonga - 8 - some great hold up play.

hibbytam
27-12-2014, 04:34 PM

I think Fortaine deserved an extra point for that block off the line.

lucky
27-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Oxley 8 came for crosses and quick off his line

Gray 8 solid and a great goal
Hanlon 8 strolled the game
Fountaine 7 another solid performance
Stevenson 8 great first half showed amazing fitness

Allan 9 star of this league
Craig 8 best game for Hibs
Robertson 7 works hard played fine
Handling 8 best performance from in a long time

Cummings 7 worked his socks off
Malonga 7 working a lot harder

7 Up
27-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Thought Gray was the outstanding player in the first half, Allan in the second. Craig good throughout.

gaz1875
27-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Oxley - 7 - Good Handling with high balls nothing else to do

Gray - 9 - Fantastic goal strolled through the game
Hanlon - 8 - Rock solid
Fontaine - 9 - Best game so far took a sore one for the cause
Lewis - 8 - Superb energy

Craig - 9 - Outstanding today topped by a superb goal
Robertson - 8 - Fantastic take for the goal and cool finish
Allan - 8 - Some brilliant set ups
Handling - 7 - best game for a while

Cummings - 7 - Poachers goal two weeks running worked very hard
Malonga - 7 - Held up the ball well despite the best efforts of that thug McCulloch who tried his best to injure him

Sir David Gray
27-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Oxley-8

Gray-8
Fontaine-9
Hanlon-9
Stevenson-8

Allan-9
Robertson-8
Craig-8
Handling-7

Cummings-7
Malonga-7

That was almost a complete performance this afternoon.

theonlywayisup
27-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Simple question: How many of The Rangers players would you have in place a Hibs player?

MSK
27-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Hanlon was just as good as Fontaine. Didn't put a foot wrong all day. Handling had an excellent game today also.Hanlon was an absolute rock today (as was Fontaine) ...hardly gave the rangers forward line a sniff, read the game superbly ..ably assisted by the tireless Stevenson ..the experienced Gray & safe hands of Oxley ..:top marks

MSK
27-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Simple question: How many of The Rangers players would you have in place a Hibs player?Simple answer ..on todays showing ...none ..

Nameless
27-12-2014, 05:40 PM

Agreed, by a country mile.

Thecat23
27-12-2014, 05:41 PM
They all get pass marks from me. Scott Allen again miles above everyone, the man is class! I was told to keep an eye on Handling next game I went to so done just that. Gave the ball away couple of times but that didn't stop him putting in a shift like the rest. I'm not convinced he's good enough for first team and we may get better in summer but if not then hope he keeps improving. Should have scored as well and was unlucky!

27-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Oxley - never really under any threat
Stevenson - as usual worked his arse off for everything and made some brilliant runs
Fontaine - solid
Hanlon - see above
Grey - what a strike! Hes been a great signing
Allan - magnificent again, ran ring round them in midfield
Robertson - won a lot on midfield and made some good passes. took his goal very well
Craig - brilliant performance, fought for everything. The heart is back in our captain again
Handling - been a critic of him in the past but thought he had a decent game today - should have stuck his chance away
Cummings - good performance
Malonga - quieter game but good with the ball at his feet

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Oxley ... 7 ... did everything right ... only 7 coz he didn't have enough to do.

Gray ..... 9 ... bossed his area of the park and what a goal !!!

Fontaine .... 8.5.. outstanding

Hanlon .... 8.5 ... outstanding

Stevenson ... 8.5 .. if he had got more crosses in it would be 9

Robertson ... 8.5 ... slow start, but came on to an excellent game and took his goal brilliantly

Craig ... 9 .... his best game for ages and what a sublime finish !!!

Allan ... 10 .... This guy is worth 2 million quid, West Brom must be mental

Handling ... 8 .... very effective and unlucky not to score

Cummings ... 8 ... worked very hard and made some good runs ... just tends to let himself be dispossessed too much. right place for his goal.

Malonga ... 8.5 ... laid the ball off very well and worked hard .... if he had any pace it would be scary.

All subs ....6 ... just for being involved.

Hibs as a team today http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

TheReg!
27-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Scott Allan = Frank Sauzee. That's all!

hibee_girl
27-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Oxley 7 - dealt with everything that he had to with ease

Gray 9 - outstanding once again, his goal was a peach! :thumbsup:
Fontaine 9 - Solid
Hanlon 9 - same as Fontaine
Stevenson 9 - some brilliant touches from him today, when did his 1st touch get so good?!?

Robertson 8 - a few mistakes from him but took his goal well
Allan 10 - completely bossed it, best player on the pitch by a mile
Craig 9 - brilliant from him today, glad he got a goal as his performance deserved one
Handling 8 - much better from him today, he didn't allow himself to be bullied off the ball so easily today

Cummings 7 - worked hard
Malonga 8 - some of his touches and passes are outstanding

Winston Ingram
27-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Oxley - 8

Gray - 8
Hanlon - 8
Fontaine - 8
Lewis - 7

Craig - 9
Robertson - 8
Allan - 9
Handling 7

Cummings - 7
Malonga - 7

InterviewLoI
27-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Simple question: How many of The Rangers players would you have in place a Hibs player?

Nicky Law for Handling the only change I would even consider and not just on the playing staff. I wouldn't take any of their coaches either.

SaulGoodman
27-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Nicky Law for Handling the only change I would even consider and not just on the playing staff. I wouldn't take any of their coaches either.

Did you see Law's defending for the first??

InterviewLoI
27-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Did you see Law's defending for the first??

Yeah wasn't great but he's still the only guy on their team who even nearly came within the region of being close to getting pass marks.

SaulGoodman
27-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Yeah wasn't great but he's still the only guy on their team who even nearly came within the region of being close to getting pass marks.

He's got a good shot on him don't get me wrong but I'm sick fed up with bottle merchants after the last few seasons :greengrin

Crammond Hibee
27-12-2014, 08:20 PM

No thanks

mmmmhibby
27-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Nicky law was invisible today, so nah lol. Danny has a good football brain, good positional awareness and will IMHO only get better.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2014, 08:32 PM
No weak leak today, except perhaps Malonga, who was off the pace and gets six. Nines for Allan, Craig and Gray, and eights for everyone else.

Naah, Malonga's touch was superb today, linked up brilliantly and was an integral part of that win.

Davy Mac
27-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Didn't feel the cold today and the quality of fitba was top drawer. Well done Stubbsy!

My such fuzzy and fabulous thoughts this evening - in my opinion.

Oxley - 8 Reliable when called upon. like how he came out early after half time for a wee warm up.

Gray - 8 Tactics worked today and his goal was superb.
Hanlon - 8 Really stretched that unfit Rangers frontline, and fitness was a big factor. Great experience.
Fontaine - 9 Big mention for the big fella, thought he was a player a while back and he has fitted in tremendously. Loved the defence set up today.
Lewis - 8 For his bravery and sheer grit. Actually has evolved this season to be one of our best and consistent performers.

Craig - 9 Fantastic game, not his greatest supporter last and this season but much much better and hungry too. Well done indeed
Robertson - 8 Slow start but grew stronger as the game went on. Like him.
Allan - 10 For his sheer arrogance and the fact he delivers. It's up to him really, perform for Hibs - win big move back to the English premiership - simples
Handling 7 - Decent performance but needs to believe in himself and want that little bit more. Allan delivers passes that his teammates can read, learn from that.

Cummings - 6 Right place at the right time for his goal, other than that still needs to hold the ball up better, Still improving.
Malonga - 6 Great first touch football but it was not about the front men today.

Subbies - Fine, thought Booth looked very comfortable.
Stubbsy - 10 Best performance I've seen during his reign, fair play you have kept belief in the width and it worked so well today. That team would be top 5 in SPL
Ref - 4 For letting off the thug at the start of the 2nd half.
Fans 9 - Delivered in spades and the players appreciated that at FT.
Ian Black - GIRUY and by the way, there is nothing worse than a ex-Homo player but an ex-homo player playing for the Gers - GIRUY AGAIN!!!!

Stuarty27
27-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Every player deserved a 9 with Scotty Allan a 10.

Hibs were terrific today, joy to watch.

Ringothedog
27-12-2014, 10:58 PM

This

J-C
27-12-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm not going to mark anyone but just say they were all superb today and everyone gets pass marks of a fairly high order.

Just like to say how impressed again Allan was and also a special mention for Craig who seems to be like the player we thought we were getting when he arrived.

All in all well done the lot of them :hibees

The Harp Awakes
27-12-2014, 11:25 PM
No failures at all in the Hibs team today. They all deserve 8s or 9s other than Scott Allan who was simply immense and without doubt deserves 10 out of 10.

I've lived and breathed football for over 40 years, both playing and watching, and Scott is up there with the most talented players I've seen. A joy to watch and still so young. He's definitely got the potential to go all the way in football.

GreenArmy1875
28-12-2014, 01:45 AM
I watched the game on the tv today.

Oxley 7 - came out for crosses well today. Solid

Gray 9- best right back we have had in a long time
Fontaine - 8 - bossed his area well no real trouble, not scared with the ball at his feet.
Hanlon - 8 - same as Fontaine but his distribution was brilliant today
Stevenson - 8 - usual solid performance this season

Robertson - 9 - solid and good composure on the ball for his goal
Craig - 9 - same as Robertson. Best performance in a hibs shirt
Handling - 9 - best game for me and unlucky not to score. Good touch and looks for easy pass.
Allan - 10 - my only criticism would be his decision making when/How to try defence cutting passes. When it works it is world class like his assist today. Boy is a great talent and will go further again decision may hold him back from going to the very top. Best player on the pitch.

Cummings 8- grabbed a goal and worked tirelessly up top. Better.
Malonga - 8 - his hold up play is superb at time and not enough credit giving at times. Not the fastest but players trust him not to lose it.

The_Exile
28-12-2014, 01:54 AM
Hanlon reads the game brilliantly which in turn makes his play look a bit effortless and unspectacular, he was immense today along with Fontaine when called upon. We should enjoy watching Allan whilst he's here, lets face it, we are privilddged to have the guy wearing the green. Great day.