PDA

View Full Version : What was your favourite goal this afternoon?

Carheenlea
27-12-2014, 03:35 PM
They were all crackers so a tough choice!

My favourite was Robertson's - the weight of pass from Allan was just a delight and Robbo finished with aplomb.

Mr White
27-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Grays and robertsons were excellent goals but liam Craigs was the best for me. Looked fantastic from our seats in the ff. The chip from allan in the build up... :top marks

Oscar T Grouch
27-12-2014, 03:48 PM
LCs was best imo, all four was great, even the tap in by Jase. Best game at ER for many a year :flag:

hibby6270
27-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Difficult to choose between #3 or #4. Build up play excellent for both. But given Craig's was with his weaker peg - I'd choose that one. Poll updated. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Can't vote on phone but Craigs for me.

Mark79
27-12-2014, 03:51 PM
https://vine.co/v/OHFhuT0vVKv

This one for me.

Mr White
27-12-2014, 03:54 PM

This one for me.

Its a peach indeed :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
27-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Gray's for me, you just knew we were in for a special afternoon when that went in :thumbsup:

JHFC
27-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Gray started the show and Liam Craig finished it. All the goals had their good qualities though!

hibsbollah
27-12-2014, 04:11 PM

This one for me.

Its a great hit no doubt but how bad were the rangers defenders at closing him down? Nicky Law looked like he was begging for him to score. Zarabi-esque defending from the baldy emaciated eunuch.

SunshineOnLeith
27-12-2014, 04:16 PM
I see Cummings has logged on and voted :greengrin

LancashireHibby
27-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Craig for me. Given him some stick but that was a quality finish from a top class build up.

Mr White
27-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Its a great hit no doubt but how bad were the rangers defenders at closing him down? Nicky Law looked like he was begging for him to score. Zarabi-esque defending from the baldy emaciated eunuch.

:tee hee:

emerald green
27-12-2014, 04:23 PM
The first was spectacular, the fourth was football at its best. Difficult choice, but I'll go for the fourth goal.

HibeeDave
27-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Grays for me, he showed such composure to finish. We've endured years of those opportunities hitting the stand or corner flags. He set us on our way today

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2014, 05:29 PM
They were all good, but I was right in line with Craig's finish and it was a thing of beauty ... that for me.

greenlex
27-12-2014, 05:32 PM
First or fourth. Had to be the fourth by the fact that a curled volley with yer standing foot deserves it.:flag:

AlbertK86
27-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Robertsons for me as the pass from Allan was beautiful and it **** they effers right up just when we needed it to kill the game off

Not spectacular like Gray and Craig but very very important to squash the vermin at an important juncture

Cropley10
27-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Gray's goal. Set us on our way and I cannot recall the last time we smashed one in up at the end.

Enjoyed every other one. All were fine, fine goals.

Eyrie
27-12-2014, 06:51 PM
It's a difficult choice but I've got to go with Gray's strike.

Took a touch and a look, then put the ball straight in the top corner. I don't think it deviated at all.

marinello59
27-12-2014, 06:53 PM
It's a difficult choice but I've got to go with Gray's strike.

Took a touch and a look, then put the ball straight in the top corner. I don't think it deviated at all.

Gray had time to celebrate his goal before he hit the ball. As soon as he took possession I thought he was going to score. A great strike from the best attacking full back we have had since Whittaker.

ronaldo7
27-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Going against the grain here, but for me the best bit of Hibernian camaraderie was when the defence cleared the hun chance off the line. To see the Goalie and centre backs giving it large to keep their clean sheet speaks volumes.

WELL DONE LADS.

Great goal Liam.:greengrin

scoopyboy
27-12-2014, 07:45 PM
I voted for Robertson's.

He won the ball well to get it to Scott Allan then moved forward to take the pass in his stride and tuck it away well.

I thought all four goals were excellent.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-12-2014, 08:14 PM
All 4 were outstanding! Craig's was my favourite though

The_Exile
27-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Gray had time to celebrate his goal before he hit the ball. As soon as he took possession I thought he was going to score. A great strike from the best attacking full back we have had since Whittaker.

He's better than Whittaker IMO as Gray, although similar going forward, has better defensive qualities.

Voted for Craigs goal purely for the quality of the finish, although Robertsons goal for the assist by Alan was fantastic too. Spoilt for choice!!!!!

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Craig for me, exquisite.

LancashireHibby
27-12-2014, 08:24 PM
It might have been a simple finish, but it's worth mentioning that the build up for Cummings' goal was top class.

Whalemeister
27-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I must admit I like the second!! I think only Handling and Robertson never got a touch in the build-up. A team goal, showing great patience. Gray's overlap opened everything up for Malonga / Allan. All four goals were class!!

bingo70
27-12-2014, 08:26 PM
It might have been a simple finish, but it's worth mentioning that the build up for Cummings' goal was top class.

I'd like to see that goal again, the other three were obviously great goals but my memory of the second is that there was some good build up play.

Pat 0-7
27-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Gray's goal. Set us on our way and I cannot recall the last time we smashed one in up at the end.

Enjoyed every other one. All were fine, fine goals.

:agree:

Grays was the most important imo, but loved every one !!! :greengrin

ancient hibee
27-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Goal 3-interception by Robertson -pass to Allan-Robertson keeps going-pass of the afternoon by Allan-great one touch collection by Robertson and stroked into the net-goal of the season for me -and the all-important 3rd goal to finish Rangers.

Lago
27-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Goal 3-interception by Robertson -pass to Allan-Robertson keeps going-pass of the afternoon by Allan-great one touch collection by Robertson and stroked into the net-goal of the season for me -and the all-important 3rd goal to finish Rangers.
Totally agree, it was beautiful to watch, ball won by Robertson played to Allan, ball taken forward as Robertson continues his run, perfect pass and Robertson's touch was terrific, dumped Rangers full back on his backside and places ball into the goal, perfect. Just perfect.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I'd like to see that goal again, the other three were obviously great goals but my memory of the second is that there was some good build up play.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/291

Bronson
27-12-2014, 10:44 PM
I picked David Gray's for both it's aesthetic beauty and the sheer pandemonium around me after it, however you could make a case for all 4

Sprouleflyer
27-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Craig! Started and finished the move, and with a volley!

Utterly brilliant!

whiskyhibby
27-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Liam Craig's, the build up play was brilliant and the finish was absolute class

The Harp
27-12-2014, 11:24 PM
You could make case for each of the four goals to be considered the pick of the bunch. For me though the one I enjoyed most was Robertson's. Lovely build up to it and had a better view of it (and Craig's goal) from the FF. Can't remember enjoying a game at ER as much since the 6-2 mauling we gave the Yams years ago. Today's performance will live long in the memory.:aok:

ano hibby
27-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Look at the second goal...who was following up right behind Cummings..yes our right back David Gray..would have been on a hat trick :)

#FromTheCapital
27-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Liam Craig closely followed by David Gray.

spike220
28-12-2014, 08:32 AM
What was your favorite goal and why?

we are hibs
28-12-2014, 09:04 AM
4th goal, great ball and great finish and showed a team full of confidence.

kentao
28-12-2014, 09:06 AM
All the goals were great for different reasons.

Grays hit was superb
Great team move for Cummings goal
That pass
That pass and finish.

For me though i would say number 4.

The quality of the pass in a tight area and the fact that very few people would have seen the option but to deliver it inch perfect for Craig to finish first time showed great technical ability from both players.

Craigs got a lot of stick from me in the past as i believed he was going to be a cracking player but was badly let down every time Ive seen him play for Hibs. Hopefully he will be able to kick on from this and get the chance to show us what he can do for the green and white. You could tell the emotion in his face that this goal meant alot to him.

mutley
28-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Oh it's a tough one to choose. Goal 1 , Gray took a touch, sparked up a cigar, thought about it then stuck it in the top corner, settling us into the game.Goal 2 Cummings tap to after a great cross keeping the ball in play, silenced the Huns and got them riled up. Goal 3 , as already stated from a sublime pass from Allan, and put the game to bed as the Huns left in their droves,and Goal 4, LC on the volley , which is hard enough as it could have went skyward, but was straight as a die, killed them completely, was like kicking a puppy in the face, too easy.

I'll vote for goal 1 as I think it was the most important, great shot and early into the match .

southsider
28-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Robbo's was like watching Barcelona or 1970's Brazil. Magical !:flag:

Weststandwanab
28-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Robertsons for me as the pass from Allan was beautiful and it **** they effers right up just when we needed it to kill the game off

Not spectacular like Gray and Craig but very very important to squash the vermin at an important juncture

I agree with all of that and voted for 3 because of that pass.

Allan again !

That reads like poetry.

Beefster
28-12-2014, 11:27 AM
I voted for Robertson's.

He won the ball well to get it to Scott Allan then moved forward to take the pass in his stride and tuck it away well.

Robertson's for me too. Great football, amazing pass and completely killed the The Rangers team

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2014, 11:45 AM
I voted for Robertson's.

Having watched the highlights again you are bang on ..... for years I have been moaning about Hibs midfielders not getting beyond the ball carrier and Robertson did that to perfection for his goal, it was a joy to watch.

GreenArmyyy!
28-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Has to be Craig's for me, to curl a first time volley home like that was beautiful!

wookie70
28-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Difficult to choose. At the game Jason's goal didnt seem that good but when you watch the highlights it was a great team goal. If it is only the goal without the context to the game then I would just go for Liam Craigs. Very unusual pass and a really difficult finish on the volley particularly with his wrong foot. The first goal was special and because it was such a good strike it was huge in the context of the game. Grays strike a Allan swatting that horrible Rat set the tone and The Rangers were always in for a hard day.

heretoday
28-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Craig did so well to knock it back for Cummings. It was a real Premier League goal.

Bishop Hibee
28-12-2014, 01:50 PM
All 4 were great goals but I voted for Gray. Nothing better than a shot arrowing straight into the top corner with the goalie at full stretch but nowhere near it. Set us on our way.

frazeHFC
28-12-2014, 01:59 PM
We certainly were treated yesterday. All of the goals were quality either in terms of the strike or the build ups (or both). I voted for Gray's just because of the sheer brilliance of the strike and it kicked off the party. :thumbsup:

SaulGoodman
28-12-2014, 02:16 PM
No one mentions the build up to the 4th.

Craig running with the ball at the half way line, waits for the sevco player to commit himself, flicks it over the defenders head towards Allan, Allan collects, waits for the other defender to make a challenge, glides past him.. Runs a good 30 yards, chips the ball towards Craig who's continued his run and Craig in turn volleys it first time into the corner, class

Northernhibee
28-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Second and fourth goals were sublime for me - brilliant team moves to create great opportunities. Craig's finish was trickier than the one that Cummings tucked away so that one gets it for me.

SunshineOnLeith
28-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Just a wee mention on Cummings' goal, that's the kind of position he wasn't getting into a few weeks ago due to continually hovering around the edge of the box looking for screamers. He's now scored tap ins against Raith and Rangers, and it's really encouraging to see him learning like that.

I know he's desperate to score against Hearts, hopefully now he realises that a schlaff off his knee is just as good as a 25 yarder, in the grand scheme of things!

snooky
28-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Just a wee mention on Cummings' goal, that's the kind of position he wasn't getting into a few weeks ago due to continually hovering around the edge of the box looking for screamers. He's now scored tap ins against Raith and Rangers, and it's really encouraging to see him learning like that.

I know he's desperate to score against Hearts, hopefully now he realises that a schlaff off his knee is just as good as a 25 yarder, in the grand scheme of things!

They were all crackers but the feigned attempt at a shot before the pinpoint pass to Robbo from Scott makes no. 3 my pick.

southern hibby
28-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Got to be Gray's for me. Not that it was better than the rest but led the way ( and from a defender too ). Just shows if you shoot what can happen.

Really hope Gray scores against them on the 3rd as I want him to celebrate like mad and wind them up.

GGTTH

basehibby
28-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I went for number 4 because of the sheer aplomb of the delivery and the finish. But the other three all had plenty to enjoy about them - number one was superbly struck by Gray, number two had a very nice build up involving half the team and number three was a lovely one-two rounded off with great composure by Robbo.

4 goals and a five star performance from Hibs - would love if we could continue in the same (first) footing at Tynie :pray:

portycabbage
28-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Got to be Gray's for me. Not that it was better than the rest but led the way ( and from a defender too ). Just shows if you shoot what can happen.

Really hope Gray scores against them on the 3rd as I want him to celebrate like mad and wind them up.

GGTTH

I'm going for Gray too, although my absolute favourite was all of them. Also liked the move that led to Handling's effort that went just wide.

Nomeancity
28-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Liam Craig's - only because I think there is a real player in there somewhere and I think he could become a top hibs player if he could get his confidence up. He's poor at times but always gives 100% and that's good enough for me - Butcher ruined him as a player.
I'm saving this post for this time next year when we are praising him as being the spl player of the year.( or maybe the next again year)

Wighty76
28-12-2014, 07:14 PM
All the goals were great for different reasons.

Grays hit was superb
Great team move for Cummings goal
That pass
That pass and finish.

For me though i would say number 4.

The quality of the pass in a tight area and the fact that very few people would have seen the option but to deliver it inch perfect for Craig to finish first time showed great technical ability from both players.

Craigs got a lot of stick from me in the past as i believed he was going to be a cracking player but was badly let down every time Ive seen him play for Hibs. Hopefully he will be able to kick on from this and get the chance to show us what he can do for the green and white. You could tell the emotion in his face that this goal meant alot to him.

Totally agree. That pass to set the goal up was beautiful. Inch perfect and it had " VOLLEY ME!!!!!" Written all over it.

hibbymick
28-12-2014, 07:34 PM
I voted for Robertsons goal but ive just watched it another half dozen times and to be fair the goalie was very poor. He was down before he hit it and Robertson couldnt have made it any clearer where he was aiming for. So I want to change my vote to Liam Craigs goal :greengrin

heretoday
28-12-2014, 07:41 PM
The second goal. Craig knocked it back very well.

I hesitate to say brilliantly because I don't like over-hype.

Carheenlea
28-12-2014, 07:59 PM
The more I watch Cummings' goal, the more I admire the composed manouvering from Stevenson to open the attack up - and the more I watch it I think Jase was not too far away from a fresh air! Thankfully its was bundled over somehow and that's all that matters.

28-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I went for Greys goal, not only because it was an absolute peach but it put us ahead and kicked the whole afternoon off for us. When we scored the fourth, it was just like a dream land haha!

snooky
28-12-2014, 09:57 PM
What was your favourite goal this afternoon?

Now there's a thread title you don't see every week :cb

TrinityHibs
28-12-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't think I have seen 4 better goals in one game. All 4 were outstanding in different ways. I went for Liam"s courtesy of a great break and pass but the strike by Gray, the build up for JC and Scott Allan's pass for the third which was finished by Robbo was magical. Best performance at ER for a long long time. Still smiling.

majorhibs
28-12-2014, 10:33 PM
David Gray- what a strike, what a goal, how to set your team up for a successful afternoon. Class.

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2014, 11:36 PM
best - Liam craig, started the move of from midfield and great finish
2nd best - great cross from Allan and great first touch from Robertson
3rd best- Grays thunderbolt
4th best- Jason nearly fluffed it :greengrin

InterviewLoI
29-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Allan's pass for Robertson's was good, but his little touch to leave the defender on his arse was unbelievable.

heretoday
29-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I think we saw a very special Hibs performance on Saturday. Let's hope they can emulate that sort of play. If they do then anything is possible.

ekhibee
29-12-2014, 10:25 AM
I voted for Gray's goal, they were all good in their own way. Still think Mallan's goal for St Mirren was the best goal on the day though.

Eyrie
29-12-2014, 01:11 PM

If he had, then Gray would have tucked it home :wink:

fatbloke
29-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Just slightly off topic - If it finished 4-0 who missed Rangers penalty?:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2014, 01:28 PM
If he had, then Gray would have tucked it home :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?296261-Hibernian-4-0-Rangers-(Gray-Cummings-Robertson-Craig)-FT&p=4256699&viewfull=1#post4256699

like i said on the match thread :wink::agree:

erin go bragh
29-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Voted for Gray ,his was the best strike imo . Craigs was a close 2nd .rich pickings to choose from with Robertsons and Cummings not far behind . :top marks

GGTTH

SaulGoodman
29-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Just slightly off topic - If it finished 4-0 who missed Rangers penalty?:greengrin

They never had the ball in our box for the ref to award a penalty :smug:

ancient hibee
29-12-2014, 07:21 PM

Aren't you a wee bit confused about the goals-particularly Robertson's?Understandable when there were so many good ones(all of them).

cmcd
29-12-2014, 11:11 PM
R

jacomo
29-12-2014, 11:23 PM

Voted for the 2nd just to be contrary :wink:

But also because the build up to the tap in was great - Malonga holds it up and Craig busts a gut to get the ball back across goal. Great stuff.

Nomeancity
30-12-2014, 08:58 PM

Voted for the 2nd just to be contrary :wink:

But also because the build up to the tap in was great - Malonga holds it up and Craig busts a gut to get the ball back across goal. Great stuff.

Couldnt agree more with the Craig busting a gut bit. And we noticed this because it ended up being a goal. He does a lot of this but most of it goes unseen because it usually end up with him sclaffing it out for a shy. Just hope he has that wee bit more confidence now that he starts turning these into quality passes- I always go back to when he was with saints, I thought he was a great player and can be again if he just gets over the butcher/malpas school of how to turn wine into water.