PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

Dinkydoo
27-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Well done Liam Craig.

Great goal, great performance, happy birthday!! He had a terrible first season and I've been very critical of his performances however, I couldn't be happier for him today.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2014, 01:52 PM
credit where it's due, and he took that shot superbly

hibee_girl
27-12-2014, 01:53 PM
He deserved that goal today :agree:

Pretty Boy
Passed the ball well, tackled well, played with a good tempo. He's been improving for weeks and if he keeps up performances like today he will win people round.

Scottie
Well said pal.
Ive been one of his harshest critics but im glad he's making me eat my words now.

Well done Liam :aok:

HiBremian
27-12-2014, 01:54 PM
That goal says it all about how his game has come on with Scott A beside him. Telepathic pass over the Hun defence to where Liam was sprinting, taken first time. Sublime :thumbsup:

lucky
27-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Played very well and scored a cracker

Baader
27-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Looking like the player we hoped we'd signed when he first arrived. Rated him at St J but had feared maybe he was too far gone to turn it around for us. Hopefully seeing that as wrong now...

Big testament to the player and to Stubbs.

Just Alf
27-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Looking like the player we hoped we'd signed when he first arrived. Rated him at St J but feared maybe he was too far gone to turn it around for us. Hopefully seeing that as wrong now...

This 100%

I've always thought if you can't say anything "nice" then don't say anything, for a while I've thought he was a wage thief in terms of Hibs, but I have to say, watching him in a number of games this season he's totally won me around.

GGTTH!

California-Hibs
27-12-2014, 02:03 PM
When I was back up home for a game at the start of the season, I couldn't believe how bad certain fans were with Liam Craig in the North stand around me, my dad included! The smallest misplaced pass, a wayward shot, yet whenever he done something good....silence! Barely a whisper of praise!

I stood up for my opinion and choose to praise Craig rather than jump on the negative train, which so many players at Hibs have deciding to jump on to depart the club because of this.

HE'S A GOOD PLAYER! Has many decent attributes and like I said to people around me that day, we'd be left to look stupid if we got rid of him!

What a goal today Liam, outstanding technique! You'll continue to get the fans back on your side with performances like that....they'll have no choice! :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
Weaker players might well have never recovered from that first season, but he must be mentally strong and had faith in his own ability to turn his fortunes around, and we are now enjoying the qualities that he was brought to Easter Road to show in the first place.

cabbageandribs1875
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/79947000/jpg/_79947887_10569675.jpg

Ozyhibby
27-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Played very well today.

Just Alf
27-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Weaker players might well have never recovered from that first season, but he must be mentally strong and had faith in his own ability to turn his fortunes around, and we are now enjoying the qualities that he was brought to Easter Road to show in the first place.

Yup, agree, I think we are now lucky to have him .... :-)

emerald green
27-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Yet some posters on this forum said he is gash. Maybe they will cut the guy some slack now? An excellent all round display today from Liam Craig.

It must have been awful trying to play football under Butcher & Malpas. His performances under Stubbs and his coaching team are greatly improved.

Mr White
27-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Best hibs goal I've seen at easter road since sparky's against utd 2 years ago. Beautiful :top marks:

Smartie
27-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Well done Liam, todays was the latest in a series of strong performances over the past 2 months or so.

It's great to see an obviously talented player turn it around without having to leave Easter Road first.

Delighted for him.

Just Alf
27-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Well done Liam, todays was the latest in a series of strong performances over the past 2 months or so.

It's great to see an obviously talented player turn it around without having to leave Easter Road first.

Delighted for him.

Now THIS is a decent post!

JHFC
27-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Him getting that ball back to cummings for the first as well 👍 Credit where is due. Hopefully give him the needed confidence to get back to his best.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Delighted for him.

:agree: hopefully he can keep it going and get the last few doubters off his back.

J-C
27-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Finally we've got the Liam Craig we signed from St Johnstone, positive and confident, shows what a good manager and good tactics can do to players. :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
27-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Well played, credit where its due - maybe we are seeing the difference between how butcher used him and Stubbs is using him?

Bronson
27-12-2014, 03:00 PM
His performance and goal in particular was the Liam Craig of old. Delighted for him, happy birthday indeed:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 03:01 PM
He was outstanding today :agree:

snooky
27-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Yet some posters on this forum said he is gash. Maybe they will cut the guy some slack now? An excellent all round display today from Liam Craig.

It must have been awful trying to play football under Butcher & Malpas. His performances under Stubbs and his coaching team are greatly improved.

To be fair to the punters, they only say what they see.
There's been some poor performances by Craig and others in the past. Okay the support's reaction can sometimes be OTT, but nevertheless understandable.
Liam deserves all his plaudits today - from the same fans, BTW - for a great performance, as does the whole team.

emerald green
27-12-2014, 03:19 PM
To be fair to the punters, they only say what they see.
There's been some poor performances by Craig and others in the past. Okay the support's reaction can sometimes be OTT, but nevertheless understandable.
Liam deserves all his plaudits today - from the same fans, BTW - for a great performance, as does the whole team.

:agree: Fair comment. :aok:

Vault Boy
27-12-2014, 03:22 PM
He's showing everybody just how good he is. He was outstanding.

SteveHFC
27-12-2014, 03:27 PM
I take back everything i've said about Craig this season.

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 03:29 PM
The ginger lad done well today, keep it up.

hibsbollah
27-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Why can't he play like that regularly though? There are 'doubters' because he's had so many poor performances in the recent past. He's barely deserved his place for a lot of his time here. An enigma.

Borderhibbie76
27-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Been one of his harshest critics and even he would admit his performances have not been good enough. ..but he looks like he is turning it around and to be fair he needs to with McGeoch back soon. Well done today Liam...great to see

Hibernia&Alba
27-12-2014, 04:06 PM
He's taken a lot of criticism, some of which was certainly deserved, but he was superb today. I'm really pleased for him.

GordonHFC
27-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know if Liam is on Twitter. Just realised that it is his 28th birthday and it's on my 28th wedding anniversary 😊

Bobby's Cinema
27-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Brilliant today. A proper captains performance at last, always looking to close and get stuck in

Thecat23
27-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Fantastic performance from him today. Deserved a goal and got an absolute peach. Well done Liam!

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Two weeks running it's been humble pie for tea for me :agree: played well, perhaps been told to have more faith in the attacking aspect of his game. Either way he is raising his standards completely.

matty_f
27-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Craig was terrific today - a real captain's performance. Really deserved his goal (which he took exceptionally well).

AlbertK86
27-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Superb performance fae the birthday boy

Dinkydoo
27-12-2014, 04:53 PM
I've been fairly absent from this thread (partially because I've been celebrating all day!) but I wasn't aiming to have a go at anyone who's criticised Craig over the past year. He, along with many other players, were terrible. Today he was brilliant and deserves credit, along with the rest of the team. That is all. Glory glory.

gaz1875
27-12-2014, 05:17 PM
My man of the match today ran his socks off :top marks

27-12-2014, 05:22 PM
He's finally got a bit of heart and fight about him again, he looks like a leader again. Fought for everything today.

Well Done Liam and Happy Birthday captain :thumbsup::flag:

marinello59
27-12-2014, 05:33 PM
A great game for Craig today.

oconnors_strip
27-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know if Liam is on Twitter. Just realised that it is his 28th birthday and it's on my 28th wedding anniversary 

He deleted his account last season after getting abuse from fans

Happy anniversary to you :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Why can't he play like that regularly though? There are 'doubters' because he's had so many poor performances in the recent past. He's barely deserved his place for a lot of his time here. An enigma.

I get your point but he's been labelled by a lot if folk who can't/won't give him any credit at all. I've seen him criticised for doing the identical thing that others are getting close to a standing ovation for, I've seen him blamed for something he's not done.

hibsbollah
27-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I get your point but he's been labelled by a lot if folk who can't/won't give him any credit at all. I've seen him criticised for doing the identical thing that others are getting close to a standing ovation for, I've seen him blamed for something he's not done.

I'm delighted to be proved wrong with him. Perhaps hes one of those players that needs to be told how to play instead of doing it by instinct
If so, maybe hes benefitting from Stubbs' coaching. But I thought he was only average at kirkcaldy last week and if we had consistency from him we'd be a superb midfield.

Eyrie
27-12-2014, 06:02 PM
As someone who gave up on trying to defend him. I'm delighted by his current form. Some of his interplay today was excellent, and his commitment to our cause was evident at Cummings' goal.

Winston Ingram
27-12-2014, 06:41 PM
My man of the match today ran his socks off :top marks

Mine too. He was excellent today. :agree:

Billy Whizz
27-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Mine too. He was excellent today. :agree:

I thought 1st half he was absolutely brilliant

DaveF
27-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I thought 1st half he was absolutely brilliant

The whole game he tackled hard, chased down lost causes and scored a fantastic goal. He's far from my favourite player but he was brilliant today and worked his ass off for the shirt so no fan could ask for more.

Well done Liam.

ancient hibee
27-12-2014, 07:56 PM
The performances that Craig and Robertson are beginning to turn in says it all about the new manager's skills.

hibbysam
27-12-2014, 11:26 PM
I've never seen Liam Craig so up for a game before, mentioned it in the first half... When nasty tackles were going in Liam Craig was in there fighting our corner, the first to get our own meaty challenges in, blocks, commitment and fight that we've not seen from him... The chase and cut back for Cummings goal was exceptional and the finish for his goal was exemplary! Skill passion and hard work all rolled into one for Liam today!

brog
28-12-2014, 11:49 AM
I would just like to add my plaudits to Liam for yesterday having just spent an enjoyable hour watching Sky highlights. Just a couple of other observations; 1, we scored 4 crackers yesterday but the goal of the game would have been if Danny H had scored just before our 4th. Liam's first time pass to Lewis in the build up was superb. 2, for both Liam & Robbo's goals the moves were started by the scorers who then busted a gut getting forward beyond the ball. Last season they would have passed & stopped.
Still glowing!

Mr White
28-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Credit where it's due to Liam Craig. He's received a lot of criticism and been dropped on the back of sub - standard displays but he's come back in and shown real strength of character to find his form again. A real captain's performance yesterday capped with a fine goal. Well done Liam Craig. :flag:
Also an absolute gentleman and great with the kids at the panto 3 weeks ago.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Craig is an excellent player, who is enjoying his football again, thanks to Alan Stubbs not being Terry Butcher. With Allan and Robertson, he ran the midfield leaving Johnny Hun looking all rather sad and slipshod.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2014, 06:52 AM
We need a song for him!

A great performance from the captain, I hope he can finallh kick on and be consistant from now on, he's a really good player and I honestly feel sorry for him with all the abuse he got in the past.

Well done LC :thumbsup:

col02
29-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Hopefully some people will make the connection between a happier working environment bringing out the best in people. This is the difference this season imho in that Stubbs treats his players with respect and gets it back in equal measure.

Islington Hibs
29-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Hopefully some people will make the connection between a happier working environment bringing out the best in people. This is the difference this season imho in that Stubbs treats his players with respect and gets it back in equal measure.

Agree- confidence and belief are critical factors in sport and life. Doesn't matter how talented you are if you are a bag of nerves it won't happen. Hopefully we are over the worst and we will start to benefit from a positive glow in the dressing room and the support. There are good signs we are starting to pull together and if the odd result (Jan 3rd for example) does not go our way lets not panic.

Seveno
29-12-2014, 12:14 PM
If he maintains this level of performance, he will be even better than he was for St Johnstone and like a new signing for us now.

jacomo
29-12-2014, 01:39 PM
I've never seen Liam Craig so up for a game before, mentioned it in the first half... When nasty tackles were going in Liam Craig was in there fighting our corner, the first to get our own meaty challenges in, blocks, commitment and fight that we've not seen from him... The chase and cut back for Cummings goal was exceptional and the finish for his goal was exemplary! Skill passion and hard work all rolled into one for Liam today!

:agree:

His part in the 2nd was tremendous.

HibbyAndy
29-12-2014, 01:43 PM

:agree:

erin go bragh
29-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Take a bow LC . Happy belated birthday . Same again against the ****bos on Sat plz .
Ggtth