PDA

View Full Version : Contract extensions

MontrealHibs
27-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Let's see a new contract for Liam Fontaine and an extension for Gray and Scott Allan.

Brilliant stuff from Fontaine all season. Oxley was really solid when called upon too.

hfc rd
27-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Scott Allan is vital!

My_Wife_Camille
27-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Scott Allan, 10 year deal right now

California-Hibs
27-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Scott Allan, 10 year deal right now

THIS! He's an absolute superstar and by a country mile the best signing/player in the Championship. We'll be laughing if we manager to hold on to this boy beyond his contract. Class act!

GreenLake
27-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Hibs should offer to extend Ian Black's contract with Rangers.

McIntosh
27-12-2014, 03:00 PM
THIS! He's an absolute superstar and by a country mile the best signing/player in the Championship. We'll be laughing if we manager to hold on to this boy beyond his contract. Class act!

Could not agree more. Very much in the mould of Willie Hamilton/ Jim Baxter if we hold on to him it would be great. This man will Captain Scotland one day.

Sean1875
27-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Scott Allan completely strolled the game today against what is supposed to be one of the strongest teams in the league, get this man tied down while we can! was a gamble signing him but my god has it paid off

lucky
27-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I'll be amazed if we can keep him through January

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Let's get our manager tied down for longer too.

Smartie
27-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Every game we get out of Allan is a bonus. Can't see him being with us long. Magnificent player.

Is Lewis' contract not up at the end of this season? I'd be getting him signed up asap as well.

hibee_girl
27-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Every game we get out of Allan is a bonus. Can't see him being with us long. Magnificent player.

Is Lewis' contract not up at the end of this season? I'd be getting him signed up asap as well.

:agree:

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Allan tied down definitely. Lewis? Nah not for me, all he did was punt the ball up the wing and chase it with his wee legs struggling to keep up. Plenty of effort but just not good enough imo

hibee_girl
27-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Allan tied down definitely. Lewis? Nah not for me, all he did was punt the ball up the wing and chase it with his wee legs struggling to keep up. Plenty of effort but just not good enough imo

:faf:

dp00
27-12-2014, 04:02 PM

I hope your being sarcastic

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 04:04 PM

:drunk:

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 04:07 PM

Jeezo.

He was up against probably the fastest full back in Scotland today and still managed to put in a few decent balls. He also absolutely strolled it defensively.

Vault Boy
27-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Is Scott Robertson in the last year of his contract too? If so, then renewals for Fontaine, Lewis, the two Scotts and Gray are definitely warranted IMO. Would be a nice bonus if we are able to keep hold of Mcgeouch and Oxley, particularly the former.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Jeezo.

He was up against probably the fastest full back in Scotland today and still managed to put in a few decent balls. He also absolutely strolled it defensively.

Wasting your time PB. Lewis could score a hat trick next week and that guy would find fault

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Wasting your time PB. Lewis could score a hat trick next week and that guy would find fault

Not allowed an opinion on here obviously

97hills
27-12-2014, 04:30 PM

You're allowed an opinion but not more than we're allowed to point out when you're wrong

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 04:35 PM

Everyone has their own opinions but yours is just wrong. :agree:

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 04:36 PM

Where did I say that? Just don't expect everyone to agree when the evidence is so fresh in their minds :wink:

Stantons Angel
27-12-2014, 07:03 PM

You are defo a right winde up merchant aint you? Either that or your seeing the world differently from the 15,000 others there today, ya plonker.

Yes, as others have said you are entitled to your opinion but when it is so wrong it must be pointed out to you.

Lewis only punted the ball up the wing all the time, what about when he brought it into midfield and avoided three tackle and gave a super ball out to the wing for the making of the second goal?

Every man in a green jersey deserves credit today, for the first time in a while they played as a team, yes a team with everyone playing their part.

After half time their no14 Clarke was put on Lewis to stop him coming forward with the ball, he raced along side Lewis trying to get the ball but had to give up just after the half way line. He was out of puff, those wee legs of Lewis ran him into the ground time after time.

So please either belt up about him or be man enough to admit you may have been wrong!!!

marinello59
27-12-2014, 07:06 PM

Of course you are allowed an opinion on here No matter how bitter it makes you look.

HibbyAndy
27-12-2014, 07:12 PM

What a complete and utter roaster.

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 07:20 PM

grow up, seriously

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Everyone has their own opinions but yours is just wrong. :agree:

I'm not wrong, we beat a team in utter turmoil, and I state that Lewis isn't good enough for a new deal and this thread goes into meltdown lol. Some real bitter Hibees

allezsauzee
27-12-2014, 07:21 PM
I don't think we should totally dismiss the possibility of Scott Allan staying with us a few years. He struggled to settle in England and as long as we get promoted and we're playing good football, Celtic are probably the only team in Scotland that could take him away from us. The boy is a joy to watch so I really hope we can keep him beyond this season.

WellingtonHibby
27-12-2014, 07:23 PM
i'm not wrong, we beat a team in utter turmoil, and i state that lewis isn't good enough for a new deal and this thread goes into meltdown lol. Some real bitter hibees

ltyf

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2014, 07:24 PM

A barista?

Steven_Hibs
You are defo a right winde up merchant aint you? Either that or your seeing the world differently from the 15,000 others there today, ya plonker.

Yes, as others have said you are entitled to your opinion but when it is so wrong it must be pointed out to you.

Lewis only punted the ball up the wing all the time, what about when he brought it into midfield and avoided three tackle and gave a super ball out to the wing for the making of the second goal?

Every man in a green jersey deserves credit today, for the first time in a while they played as a team, yes a team with everyone playing their part.

After half time their no14 Clarke was put on Lewis to stop him coming forward with the ball, he raced along side Lewis trying to get the ball but had to give up just after the half way line. He was out of puff, those wee legs of Lewis ran him into the ground time after time.

So please either belt up about him or be man enough to admit you may have been wrong!!!

I'll need to rewatch it then, cause thats not what i seen :rolleyes: then again, most folk from .net see weird and wonderful things, im not saying we weren't a team today. I thought we played well, I dont rate half the players in the Hibs team, and how can you blame most Hibs fans. They got us relegated afterall, or do most Hibs fans have really short memories?

Billy Whizz
I don't think we should totally dismiss the possibility of Scott Allan staying with us a few years. He struggled to settle in England and as long as we get promoted and we're playing good football, Celtic are probably the only team in Scotland that could take him away from us. The boy is a joy to watch so I really hope we can keep him beyond this season.

Heard on the radio after the game. He said his aim this season was to play as many games as possible. Can't see him wanting to go anywhere in January, as that would be crazy for him. Similar to holding onto Malonga past the summer, we need to go up

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I'll need to rewatch it then, cause thats not what i seen :rolleyes: then again, most folk from .net see weird and wonderful things, im not saying we weren't a team today. I thought we played well, I dont rate half the players in the Hibs team, and how can you blame most Hibs fans. They got us relegated afterall, or do most Hibs fans have really short memories?

They're also part of a Hibs team hugely on the ascendancy, why can't you appreciate them for what they are doing now rather than looking back to results under the worst manager in our history?

We humiliated The Rangers today, a team who have pumped a few teams themselves this season including Killie. Every single player deserves plaudits for that.

tamig
27-12-2014, 08:57 PM

What a load of pish. Really.

HoboHarry
27-12-2014, 09:01 PM
You are spouting garbage and you really would be better to just stop. Seriously...

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 09:02 PM

Nurse, nurse..........easy now mate, easy now......back into bed :aok:

tamig
27-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Nurse, nurse..........easy now mate, easy now......back into bed :aok:

It just has to be a troll. Absolutely no question. Shocking comments.

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Where did I say that? Just don't expect everyone to agree when the evidence is so fresh in their minds :wink:

It's all a bit blurry just now J. :greengrin

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 09:35 PM

As he has said, "he is allowed his opinion" even if we don't agree with him there is no need for the name calling, so shut it ya plonker. :wink:

poolman
27-12-2014, 09:40 PM

Bloody Hell

Peevemor
27-12-2014, 09:41 PM
As he has said, "he is allowed his opinion" even if we don't agree with him there is no need for the name calling, so shut it ya plonker. :wink:

He does have previous though. Being a 'Steven' myself I clocked his user name and he's come out with some serious negative guff in the past.

JimBHibees
27-12-2014, 09:41 PM

Kok.

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 09:47 PM
He does have previous though. Being a 'Steven' myself I clocked his user name and he's come out with some serious negative guff in the past.

He gave an opinion, folk giving him dogs abuse and name calling, no need, i also think he is wrong but i ain't going to start being nasty to him.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm not wrong, we beat a team in utter turmoil, and I state that Lewis isn't good enough for a new deal and this thread goes into meltdown lol. Some real bitter Hibees

You never said anything about him not being worth a new deal. You simply slagged off his performance today

tamig
27-12-2014, 09:51 PM
He gave an opinion, folk giving him dogs abuse and name calling, no need, i also think he is wrong but i ain't going to start being nasty to him.

Interesting that he's never come back to challenge the feedback he's received though. The guy's at it. No question.

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 09:54 PM

My opinion, is exactly that, my opinion, folk getting all defensive and getting pelters reiterates my point. He's not worthy of a new deal imo, he's found his level, which is the championship, if hibs fans cant see that then i really worry. Okay he played well today, so what, we need to get a LB in the same mould as Gray, no doubts about that.

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 09:55 PM

You can talk lol :rolleyes::cb

Peevemor
27-12-2014, 09:56 PM
My opinion, is exactly that, my opinion, folk getting all defensive and getting pelters reiterates my point. He's not worthy of a new deal imo, he's found his level, which is the championship, if hibs fans cant see that then i really worry. Okay he played well today, so what, we need to get a LB in the same mould as Gray, no doubts about that.

Aye, there are loads of them around right enough.

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 09:59 PM

Both Gray and Stevenson are players who will bomb forward when given the chance and can deliver good crosses. Both Gray and Stevenson have gotten a reasonable amount of assists each.

I don't think there's a huge deal of difference between the two of them in terms of ability. Stevenson has won Hibs player of the season when at SPL level, IMO there's no doubting he's a good SPL quality LB.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 10:00 PM

We just beat Rangers, albeit a Rangers 'in turmoil', 4-0 and you're only posts after the game are to have a dig at one of our players and then follow it up with another dig at a few more of our players.

Very strange.

whiskyhibby
27-12-2014, 10:08 PM
We just beat Rangers, albeit a Rangers 'in turmoil', 4-0 and you're only posts after the game are to have a dig at one of our players and then follow it up with another dig at a few more of our players.

Very strange.

I think that some in here will never be satisfied because they are fans of another persuasion......

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 10:10 PM

Very strange.

And hasn't been going to many games - Lewis, yet again, is a contender for player of the season at this early stage - utterly consistent in a really good way.

The Green Goblin
27-12-2014, 10:10 PM

We humbled them today, yet here you are talking LS and "half" the team down. Upset about the result?

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 10:20 PM
To be fair, ever since i was sent hate mail and dogs abuse due to my 'butcher to be sacked' post at the end of last season, I have taken a dislike to this site. Its become the biggest joke since Butcher. I only wish I could close my account

Jonnyboy
27-12-2014, 10:23 PM
To be fair, ever since i was sent hate mail and dogs abuse due to my 'butcher to be sacked' post at the end of last season, I have taken a dislike to this site. Its become the biggest joke since Butcher. I only wish I could close my account

Not good if you got that kind of mail but you do realise, you can indeed close your account :wink:

Steven_Hibs
27-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Can you tell me how?

Mikey
27-12-2014, 10:24 PM

So why log on if it's that bad?

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 10:25 PM

.................................................. .................you don't even hide it :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Pretty Boy
Can you tell me how?

I'd be more than happy to ban you.

That would do the trick.

Jonnyboy
Can you tell me how?

Ask an Admin nicely and bob's your uncle

Edit: Seems the Admins were proactive on this one!

Northernhibee

Yet you still feel the need to come back to slate one of our best and most liked players? :rolleyes:

It's like saying "I don't like it when I get drunk. I wish I could stop heading down the pub". Just stop posting and dinnae post on here if you really want to close your account.

bigwheel
27-12-2014, 10:28 PM

It's not about meltdown, it's simply utter disbelief in your view...Stevenson has been excellent this season, as good as anyone over the course of the games so far. It's you who has the blinkers on with your views .....

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Both Gray and Stevenson are players who will bomb forward when given the chance and can deliver good crosses. Both Gray and Stevenson have gotten a reasonable amount of assists each.

I don't think there's a huge deal of difference between the two of them in terms of ability. Stevenson has won Hibs player of the season when at SPL level, IMO there's no doubting he's a good SPL quality LB.

Okay i will bite, how many goals and assists has Lewis got in his career.? And his crossing ain't that good, but he deserves his place in the team just now.

Had a good game today and always gives his all, this season has to be his best season he has had in a Hibs jersey.

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Okay i will bite, how many goals and assists has Lewis got in his career.? And his crossing ain't that good, but he deserves his place in the team just now.

Had a good game today and always gives his all, this season has to be his best season he has had in a Hibs jersey.

I couldn't tell you how many assists that he's had but he gets a hard time as he's a proper utility player - plays LB, RB, LWB, RWB, LM, CM - but every position he plays in he gives it absolutely everything and his attitude makes up for his lack of goals as you will always get a performance out of him.

For the Malongas and Allans to play their game they need the Stevensons to do the hard and thankless tasks for them and Lewie does his very well indeed.

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Ask an Admin nicely and bob's your uncle

Edit: Seems the Admins were proactive on this one!

Taliban at work. :greengrin

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 10:48 PM
It's not about meltdown, it's simply utter disbelief in your view...Stevenson has been excellent this season, as good as anyone over the course of the games so far. It's you who has the blinkers on with your views .....

When did we sign him. :confused: :greengrin

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 10:54 PM
I couldn't tell you how many assists that he's had but he gets a hard time as he's a proper utility player - plays LB, RB, LWB, RWB, LM, CM - but every position he plays in he gives it absolutely everything and his attitude makes up for his lack of goals as you will always get a performance out of him.

For the Malongas and Allans to play their game they need the Stevensons to do the hard and thankless tasks for them and Lewie does his very well indeed.

You said he has a reasonable amount. :confused:

truehibernian
27-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Taliban at work. :greengrin

....aye but wait for the 'hi guys, first post so be gentle....great result today, thought Lewis had a blinder........Steven by the way :aok:'

:greengrin and oi, this week I have been mostly eating Toblerone and Roses (said in Fast Show stylee) - happy Christmas bud :aok:

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 11:00 PM
You said he has a reasonable amount. :confused:

This season he seems to have provided a few. Sorry I've not kept a game to game log of exactly how many he has. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 11:06 PM
....aye but wait for the 'hi guys, first post so be gentle....great result today, thought Lewis had a blinder........Steven by the way :aok:'

:greengrin and oi, this week I have been mostly eating Toblerone and Roses (said in Fast Show stylee) - happy Christmas bud :aok:

:greengrin

It's like willie wonkas factory in ma hoose, chocolate everywhere, doing the nasty selection boxes first then get stuck in to the good stuff, Thorntons chocolate liquor as well. :thumbsup:

Merry Xmas bud.

Lewis was great today, as i said, best i have seen him is this season.

whiskyhibby
27-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Let's see a new contract for Liam Fontaine and an extension for Gray and Scott Allan.

Brilliant stuff from Fontaine all season. Oxley was really solid when called upon too.

Gray and Fontaine absolutely, but Allan, that may be one too far, we will sell him for big money at the end of the season........

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 11:15 PM
This season he seems to have provided a few. Sorry I've not kept a game to game log of exactly how many he has. :rolleyes:

Why the :rolleyes:, you said he has a reasonable amount, but yet you don't no how many. :confused:

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Why the :rolleyes:, you said he has a reasonable amount, but yet you don't no how many. :confused:

It's possible to say he's had a few this season without knowing the exact amount.

Dunno why some people are so hung up on pedantry after such a great result and performance today.

silverhibee
28-12-2014, 12:09 AM
It's possible to say he's had a few this season without knowing the exact amount.

So you don't no. :aok:

Dunno why some people are so hung up on pedantry after such a great result and performance today.

You brought it up, and i hope the rest isn't directed at me, delighted with the performance today, atmosphere was great from the fans, you couldn't have heard many booooo's today.

Stantons Angel
28-12-2014, 01:38 AM

Sometime i do wonder about the things people write on here too?

I am not in the habit of "name calling" anybody! Yes he has his opinion and i have mine! just as you have yours too?

There was no call for his kind of criticism of anybody in the team today let alone Lewis. No matter what the wee guy does he always seems to get it in the neck from persons who see the game differently from the rest of the punters on here.

Like you and the vast majority of posters on this post i think he is wrong in his assumptions and like others i have told him so. End of story!!

HoboHarry
28-12-2014, 06:08 AM

Nothing wrong with Toblerones. Only the white chocolate kind though. Would fling the wife oot if she bought me the milk chocolate ones......

Mind you milk chocolate is fine on them Turkish Delights.....

Weststandwanab
28-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Were you drinking when you typed that ?

I would imagine you are but may struggle to get anyone to agree with you.

I am quite sure that could be arranged - even by yourself,

So why log on if it's that bad?

Indeed why ?

Gray and Fontaine absolutely, but Allan, that may be one too far, we will sell him for big money at the end of the season........

Sadly I feel you are correct which is why I will be appreciating Mr. Allan while he is here.

matty_f
28-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Lewis Stevenson would be one of the first names on my team sheet on his form over the last couple of seasons. I'm not going to patronise him by talking up his work rate and effort (though they are impressive), instead I'll point to the fact that he is a very accomplished footballer.
Well worth a new contract IMHO, in fact, I think Hibs would be negligent to not secure him for another couple of years.

silverhibee
28-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Sometime i do wonder about the things people write on here too?

I am not in the habit of "name calling" anybody! Yes he has his opinion and i have mine! just as you have yours too?

There was no call for his kind of criticism of anybody in the team today let alone Lewis. No matter what the wee guy does he always seems to get it in the neck from persons who see the game differently from the rest of the punters on here.

Like you and the vast majority of posters on this post i think he is wrong in his assumptions and like others i have told him so. End of story!!

No problem Rodney. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahcuPHVz6aM

overdrive
28-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Lewis Stevenson would be one of the first names on my team sheet on his form over the last couple of seasons. I'm not going to patronise him by talking up his work rate and effort (though they are impressive), instead I'll point to the fact that he is a very accomplished footballer.
Well worth a new contract IMHO, in fact, I think Hibs would be negligent to not secure him for another couple of years.

As I said the other week, he has the best first touch in the team aside from Allan perhaps

mmmmhibby
28-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Having been a critic of LS in the past, he has won me over no doubt with his displays this season. He seems more confident on the ball, his first touch seems to have improved a lot. He just seems confident which is apparent when watching him bomb forward putting balls into the box. Keep it up LS.

hibbytam
28-12-2014, 12:58 PM

This.

If you want proof, watch the build up to the second goal yesterday. A lesser footballer would have lost the ball, or would have turned back.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2014, 01:03 PM
It's all a bit blurry just now J. :greengrin

It is, just put my details into Dave's breathalyzer dodas, and i will be safe to drive on the 16th of May 2015. :greengrin

silverhibee
28-12-2014, 03:36 PM
It is, just put my details into Dave's breathalyzer dodas, and i will be safe to drive on the 16th of May 2015. :greengrin

:tee hee:

Hibernianinc
28-12-2014, 11:00 PM
This.

If you want proof, watch the build up to the second goal yesterday. A lesser footballer would have lost the ball, or would have turned back.

:agree:

LS has been played pretty much consistently by all managers since Collins.

While we can all question the relative merits of each manager, they all saw how good Lewis is, and what he brings to the team.

I'd play him every week.

And I'd play Lewis before ANY herts muppet.

Past or present. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
29-12-2014, 11:18 PM

:thumbsup: