PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 02:05 PM
He's added a few players in key positions but when you look at the team that Butcher left and how he had them playing and how they're playing now it's an unbelievable difference in half a year. Totally different, full credit to him.

Best manager we've had since Mowbray.

Peevemor
27-12-2014, 02:07 PM
He's added a few players in key positions but when you look at the team that Butcher left and how he had them playing and how they're playing now it's an unbelievable difference in half a year. Totally different, full credit to him.

Best manager we've had since Mowbray.

Yup, he's improved the team physically, tactically, mentally and technically - and he's only just started. :aok:

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 02:09 PM
We've put eight past that lot this season.

CalgaryHibs
27-12-2014, 02:13 PM
We've put seven past that lot this season.

True indeed

Keep them coming ! ;)

kenny.ff
27-12-2014, 02:14 PM
He realy has worked wonders. This was the 1st year in a long time i havent had a s/t. That performance may well mean i go get a half ticket

WestEndHibee
We've put seven past that lot this season.

7+1

Greenblood70
I hope he gets the chance to bring in a few players in the window. He's proved he can use the budget very shrewdly. The players seem to love playing for him.

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 02:15 PM
7+1

You're right, eight :greengrin

Northernhibee
27-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Today we had the fitness of a Collins team, the flair of a Mowbray team and all with a quality man manager. Given time with us we could have something special here.

CalgaryHibs
27-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Today we had the fitness of a Collins team, the flair of a Mowbray team and all with a quality man manager. Given time with us we could have something special here.

Let hope so

Phil MaGlass
27-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Well done the lads, been slating them for a wee while due to lack of penetration in the last third, could it be we are now starting to get going, se ond place should be the next aim now and beat QoS in playoffs

J-C
27-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Biggest worry I have is Stubbs leaves before he finishes what he started a bit like Mowbray, just a pity we took so long to get rid of Butcher and bring Stubbs in, we lost 3-4 weeks preparation which showed in our early season performances, players look fitter/stronger both mentally and physically.

Sean1875
27-12-2014, 03:02 PM
keep it up Stubbsy, incredible turn around so far.

lucky
27-12-2014, 03:13 PM
He's moving us in the right direction but let's not get carried away. We are still third in the championship. Time judge is at the end of the season

SaulGoodman
27-12-2014, 03:23 PM
He's moving us in the right direction but let's not get carried away. We are still third in the championship. Time judge is at the end of the season

We are quick to judge halfway through a season when we get beat so I'm happy to judge right now too.

lucky
27-12-2014, 03:29 PM
We are quick to judge halfway through a season when we get beat so I'm happy to judge right now too.

Two wrongs don't make right. He's got us playing and moving in the right direction but to early to judge whether he's going to be a top coach. But hammering Rangers is something we all love doing.

southern hibby
27-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Two wrongs don't make right. He's got us playing and moving in the right direction but to early to judge whether he's going to be a top coach. But hammering Rangers is something we all love doing.

Yes we love hammering The newest team I'n Scotland. However not as much as hammering the jambo's. As next weeks comments will proove.

GGTTH

cam2644
27-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Today was a giant step forward. Lots to do yet but we're definitely heading in the right direction. Too much valuable time was lost at the start of the season- no fault of Stubbs- for us to win the league outright but we could be the best team to be promoted.