PDA

View Full Version : Ex hibees on target in England today

broon hut
26-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Scorers today - Doyle, Collins, Morais, Soares & Done. Would you resign any of these? Always thought Doyle had potential

broon hut
26-12-2014, 05:17 PM
ps forgot about Whitaker

California-Hibs
26-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Scorers today - Doyle, Collins, Morais, Soares & Done. Would you resign any of these? Always thought Doyle had potential

A massive NO to every single one of them.

Green forever
26-12-2014, 05:23 PM
A massive NO to every single one of them.

would take Doyle in a heart beat, he has improved loads since leaving us. The rest , no thanks.

jdships
26-12-2014, 05:25 PM
In a word "NO" :rolleyes:
As the saying goes already "tried and found guilty"

3pm
26-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Doyle was good when he was here. I never understood the stick he got.

I cannot stand Tom Soares. He could have been great but he was a disgrace.

The_Exile
26-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Not a single one of them would displace Cummings, Malonga or Farid from the first team.

Famous Fiver
26-12-2014, 05:36 PM
I'd take Doyle back anytime.

3pm
26-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Not a single one of them would displace Cummings, Malonga or Farid from the first team.

Doyle would.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2014, 06:03 PM
I would probably take Eoin Doyle back but I wouldn't take any of the others back if you paid me.

Andy74
26-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Soares was alright really. 10 games, 2 goals, hard to judge anyone in that time when they haven't played much.

The contempt we hold for players barely able to get up to speed here sometimes is the sad thing. First thing we accuse people of is not trying or the old heart of a pea line. It's no wonder a lot of players just don't get the chance to settle.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Judging on what I saw from them here no thanks to all of them.

Broken Gnome
26-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Soares was alright really. 10 games, 2 goals, hard to judge anyone in that time when they haven't played much.

The contempt we hold for players barely able to get up to speed here sometimes is the sad thing. First thing we accuse people of is not trying or the old heart of a pea line. It's no wonder a lot of players just don't get the chance to settle.

Oh come on Andy. They are NEVER football players. And all WAGE THIEVES.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2014, 07:46 PM

He was heartless. Remember his performance (along with the rest) in that cup final?

Clearly he has shown that it was just a one off with his performances at the top of the English game since he left us.

LancashireHibby
26-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Always thought Doyle got a bit of a rough deal, and he's since gone on and shown his quality for Chesterfield for quite a while now. A no to the rest though (apart from Whittaker, obviously)

Hermit Crab
26-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Doyle should have been kept on imo

judas
26-12-2014, 07:58 PM
would take Doyle in a heart beat, he has improved loads since leaving us. The rest , no thanks.

Agreed.

SteveHFC
26-12-2014, 08:00 PM

This :hyper

I would welcome him back with open arms.

keep the faith
26-12-2014, 08:06 PM

I agree. He was no world beater but in the relegation decider against dunfermline he was MOTM. Not someone I would have necessarily kept, but the kicking he gets here is well over the top. His part in THAT game is the reason he is held in such low esteem.

tamig
26-12-2014, 08:08 PM

Doyle signed a pre-contract and left. It was his choice not ours.

tamig
26-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I agree. He was no world beater but in the relegation decider against dunfermline he was MOTM. Not someone I would have necessarily kept, but the kicking he gets here is well over the top. His part in THAT game is the reason he is held in such low esteem.

Most of that team apart from LG get hammered on here simply for having been part of that team. Some of the criticism is justified but some of it is just ridiculous imo.

Hermit Crab
26-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Doyle signed a pre-contract and left. It was his choice not ours.

It doesn't seem like the club tried to keep him though.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2014, 08:24 PM
It doesn't seem like the club tried to keep him though.

I agree, think he was offered a paltry contract

dmc1875
26-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Doyle was a v intelligent player and perfect partner for Griffiths would definitely take him back.

Linked with Bristol City, Millwall and other championship clubs. Looking for a seven figure sum though...

Northernhibee
26-12-2014, 09:09 PM
I'd take Doyle and I saw promise in Collins but low confidence sunk him in the end.

Jonnyboy
26-12-2014, 10:10 PM
I liked Doyle and would take him back but I've been told Hearts are sniffing around him. Don't shoot the messenger :greengrin

HH81
26-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Doyle was a good player, like him and he will end up in the championship.

Hermit Crab
26-12-2014, 11:35 PM
I liked Doyle and would take him back but I've been told Hearts are sniffing around him. Don't shoot the messenger :greengrin

Hearts fans will be raging about that! :greengrin

scoopyboy
26-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Doyle was a good player, like him and he will end up in the championship.

I would agree with that.

Interesting one for me is Matt Done. On several occasions he said he couldn't understand why PF signed him as a winger cos he had never played there, not saying I would want him back but I take it he's not playing as a winger this season.

frazeHFC
27-12-2014, 08:01 AM

This. Really liked him. Shame he didn't score enough but playing with Griffiths at the top of his form it was clear where most of our goals would come from.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Most of that team apart from LG get hammered on here simply for having been part of that team. Some of the criticism is justified but some of it is just ridiculous imo.

Most of them failed to turn up in, and contibuted to our loss in, arguably the biggest game in our history. Certainly in living memory. At least one of them compounded that by making some pretty poor comments afterwards. It's not hard to see why they are held in such contempt imo.

Anyway re the OP I would take Doyle back. He was a decent signing and would have thrived in a more attacking minded team. LG was a success because he could create goals for himself from nothing, Doyle needed chances set up for him and the team he played in was rarely set up to do that.

Bay Area Hibees
27-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Seriously we have to look forward.
i understand that these threads are often just bit banter and I'm all for that.
but any these players were slated when at er, bit embarrassing to see these threads.
got to be all about the future.
ggtth

DTS
27-12-2014, 11:12 AM
I'd take Doyle back especially as the player he has developed into! Think people forget he got about 13 goals in his last season and a lot of his time was spent on the bench or the left wing!