PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: VOTING OPEN FOR SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVES (Closes Sunday 18th Jan)

RSS Bot
23-12-2014, 05:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5048)

Billy Whizz
23-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Done

SteveHFC
23-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Done

Mikey
23-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm going to hold off until nearer the time. There are some candidates that I haven't heard a peep from, other than their profile piece.

Pete
23-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Surely season ticket holders from last season are entitled to at least five votes?

lord bunberry
23-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Why haven't they all got pictures of themselves up yet? I won't be voting for anyone I haven't seen before

Pretty Boy
23-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Going to leave it a bit.

Been impressed with a couple of people so far but would like to hear more from a few of the others in the weeks ahead. I wonder if Hibs have any plans to give the candidates a chance to make a pitch or if the profiles are the lot.

offshorehibby
23-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I'll be holding back a couple of weeks. The profile pages of each candidate are blocked on my works PC so can only access them through my phone or tablet, not easy to read. so i'll hold back till i can read the profiles.

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Thought they'd have wittled this down to around 6 nominees. Poor show having only the statements on the club site and a few snippets from some of the candidates on here.

Peevemor
23-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Thought they'd have wittled this down to around 6 nominees. Poor show having only the statements on the club site and a few snippets from some of the candidates on here.

Poor show from who? It's up to the candidates to convince people to vote for them.

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Poor show from who? It's up to the candidates to convince people to vote for them.

The whole set up. I would have thought they'd have had an initial vote to cut the wheat from the chaff so to speak. We could have then got down to the issues the fans have in mind. We've not even got photo's of every candidate.

I thought the club were speaking with the Electoral commission on how the process was to be done.

It seems as if a couple of guys on social media are making a fist of it though.

Mikey
23-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Poor show having only the statements on the club site and a few snippets from some of the candidates on here.

The hibs.net admin team had put some questions together and hoped to get them to all of the candidates, not just those who use hibs.net, but time has caught up with us and I don't think it would be fair to send them out now the voting process is open.

It does make it more likely that those who make their presence felt most over the next 2-3 weeks will have the best chance.

overdrive
23-12-2014, 07:25 PM
The whole set up. I would have thought they'd have had an initial vote to cut the wheat from the chaff so to speak. We could have then got down to the issues the fans have in mind. We've not even got photo's of every candidate.

I thought the club were speaking with the Electoral commission on how the process was to be done.

Initial vote by whom? If you mean have the Club cut it down it kind of defeats the point

Andy74
23-12-2014, 07:28 PM

What do you mean by getting down to issues?

This is about electing board members who will have a say on every issue.

I don't see much point in dragging this on through various rounds.

The candidates have given the info they have seen fit to and that's what we vote on.

Peevemor
23-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Initial vote by whom? If you mean have the Club cut it down it kind of defeats the point

Has the number of candidates not reduced from something like 39 to 17 since they met individually with the board?

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 07:37 PM

The fans. A first vote to knock out the ones with the least votes.

What do you mean by getting down to issues?

This is about electing board members who will have a say on every issue.

I don't see much point in dragging this on through various rounds.

The candidates have given the info they have seen fit to and that's what we vote on.

I would have preferred rounds. You don't. No biggie.:greengrin

How many candidates are in the Petrie out camp? Those types of issues.:wink: We've only got a flavour from the candidates in their spiels imo. This is supposed to be one of the biggest changes in our History, why rush it?

DAVE1875
23-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Not letting me log in :grr:

edit: never mind, didn't read the eligibility part :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 07:39 PM
The hibs.net admin team had put some questions together and hoped to get them to all of the candidates, not just those who use hibs.net, but time has caught up with us and I don't think it would be fair to send them out now the voting process is open.

It does make it more likely that those who make their presence felt most over the next 2-3 weeks will have the best chance.

Thanks Mike. Another good idea lost.

Might have been good for Hibs to organise a hustings for the prospective candidates too.

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Not letting me log in :grr:

I can see this going pear shaped.

Benny Brazil
23-12-2014, 07:45 PM
I can see this going pear shaped.

Why - because one person cant log in? :confused:

Mikey
23-12-2014, 07:47 PM

Might have been good for Hibs to organise a hustings for the prospective candidates too.

Now there's a business opportunity. Hibs.net rotten tomatoes :greengrin

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Why - because one person cant log in? :confused:

I've heard of 4 now.:aok:

FranckSuzy
23-12-2014, 08:11 PM

Or the HSA :aok:

Andy74
23-12-2014, 08:26 PM
The fans. A first vote to knock out the ones with the least votes.

I would have preferred rounds. You don't. No biggie.:greengrin

How many candidates are in the Petrie out camp? Those types of issues.:wink: We've only got a flavour from the candidates in their spiels imo. This is supposed to be one of the biggest changes in our History, why rush it?

I don't think this part of the changes is a big deal.

There's no point in them being one issue people. They are going there to play a full part in all board decisions. They should hopefully bring something different to the table but people shouldn't expect much difference. How many things when all the info is in front of the board are they going to think differently about? If so are they going to be able to influence people?

I think board meetings and decisions will be a bit more mundane than people imagine.

ronaldo7
23-12-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't think this part of the changes is a big deal.

There's no point in them being one issue people. They are going there to play a full part in all board decisions. They should hopefully bring something different to the table but people shouldn't expect much difference. How many things when all the info is in front of the board are they going to think differently about? If so are they going to be able to influence people?

I think board meetings and decisions will be a bit more mundane than people imagine.:agree:

I'm sure they won't be one issue people Andy.

I just think we're steaming on without the full knowledge of the individuals concerned. Why couldn't we have had a Hustings to see the people in action. What's the need to rush in without giving people a chance to weigh up those we're voting for. The club organised 3 nights with the fans to determine the way forward on Ownership, surely we should know how our candidates feel about this issue, and many others.

I'd rather we'd taken our time with this one.:aok:

sleeping giant
23-12-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm waiting .
Don't really know any of them apart from Frank and I don't even know him :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Has the number of candidates not reduced from something like 39 to 17 since they met individually with the board?

39 originally applied. Only 17 then submitted a personal statement. Meeting with the board was recommended, however wasn't mandatory.

Peevemor
23-12-2014, 10:01 PM
39 originally applied. Only 17 then submitted a personal statement. Meeting with the board was recommended, however wasn't mandatory.

OK cheers - I didn't know how that all worked. :aok:

lucky
23-12-2014, 11:57 PM

Hustings with 17 candidates 😄it would need to last for hours to give them all a fair hearing and to take questions. IMHO if anyone wants this role they need to get on message boards, Facebook and Twitter along with meeting fans in the HSA & BTGs before and after the games. Would also advise getting leaflets done and handing them out at games. A bit of campaigning and the individuals profile will be raised

ronaldo7
24-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Hustings with 17 candidates it would need to last for hours to give them all a fair hearing and to take questions. IMHO if anyone wants this role they need to get on message boards, Facebook and Twitter along with meeting fans in the HSA & BTGs before and after the games. Would also advise getting leaflets done and handing them out at games. A bit of campaigning and the individuals profile will be raised

You don't need to do things on the same night you know:rolleyes:

On your other points I fully agree:agree:

lucky
24-12-2014, 08:05 AM
But if you tried to spread over a few days it becomes unworkable as the candidates at the end know the questions. Also how can you have hustings now that voting is open? Also how many fans are actually going to turn up? I hope Hibs learn the lessons on this for future years. Self nomination leads to be big a field. I also wonder what the % turnout is going to be. Anything over 25% is credible in my book

ronaldo7
24-12-2014, 10:05 PM
But if you tried to spread over a few days it becomes unworkable as the candidates at the end know the questions. Also how can you have hustings now that voting is open? Also how many fans are actually going to turn up? I hope Hibs learn the lessons on this for future years. Self nomination leads to be big a field. I also wonder what the % turnout is going to be. Anything over 25% is credible in my book

I would have thought the club would have thought this through to be honest. We don't have these things every other week eh:rolleyes:

I would have hoped the Supporter liason officer would have been all over this like a rash to ensure we had knowledge of all candidates, then again he's only just in post so I suppose he needs time to get his act together. Maybe some help from within might have helped eh.:aok:

ronaldo7
30-12-2014, 02:22 PM

It seems some are waking up to the idea of Hustings, even though we're into the voting:rolleyes: