PDA

View Full Version : Match in Dublin

Last Minute
23-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Going on Saturday to Dublin to see my friend Christy who is the front man for the Band Aslan. Anyway can anyone recomend a bar which will show the Hibs Rangers game.

Thanks

leggeto
23-12-2014, 09:49 AM
If there is an English game on the same time you might be struggling

number9dream
23-12-2014, 09:57 AM

I remember trying to find a city centre Dublin pub showing Hibs v Celtic but everywhere had Spurs v Stevenage in the FA Cup!
However, there are no big English games on the 27th, so you should be spoiled for choice...

InterviewLoI
23-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I too would like to know

Dublin07
23-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Dublin Hibs normally go out for TV games. Pm dalianwanda he will know where they meet these days but a few of the guys will probably be over here for the game/xmas

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Going on Saturday to Dublin to see my friend Christy who is the front man for the Band Aslan. Anyway can anyone recomend a bar which will show the Hibs Rangers game.

Thanks

:not worth They sung one of my favorite songs ever. :top marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDtVbWzZatw

Dalianwanda
23-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Murrays on oConnells street will defo be showing it...and every other game as per usual :-)

not sure if anyone's around, I've moved out west..

If you want any recommendations just let me know...where's the gig on?

superbam
23-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Murrays bar at the north end of O'Connell street shows all live hibs games. Not sure if many folk will be around for it so you may need to ask them but they will definitely put it on. www.murraysbarandgrill.ie

gillythehibby
23-12-2014, 03:46 PM
There's only one bar to visit mate and it's an institution in Dublin. The craic is good and the Guinness better. Still sawdust on the floor and a wee band in the corner. Just next to St Stephen's green. :-)

http://www.odonoghues.ie/

Last Minute
23-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Murrays on oConnells street will defo be showing it...and every other game as per usual :-)

not sure if anyone's around, I've moved out west..

If you want any recommendations just let me know...where's the gig on?

vicar street, christchurch. cant wait to see him.

Last Minute
23-12-2014, 08:48 PM
There's only one bar to visit mate and it's an institution in Dublin. The craic is good and the Guinness better. Still sawdust on the floor and a wee band in the corner. Just next to St Stephen's green. :-)

will defo head there after the gig, thank you

Dalianwanda
23-12-2014, 09:14 PM
vicar street, christchurch. cant wait to see him.

Ah yeah decent spot, Lord Edward pubs pretty good (just beside Jurys)..Fallons for some non touristy stuff and a great pint....Ah jeez if its anything like when I was back last week doesn't matter where you will go..You'll have a ball..

BoltonHibee
24-12-2014, 04:25 AM

No top flight English games on Saturday, think it's Boxing Day matches for them

Hibeewilly
24-12-2014, 08:51 AM
The Czech Bar is where I went a few years ago as that was the unofficial Hibs pub and the Dublin Hibs boys drank there

Cabbage East
24-12-2014, 10:09 AM
What is it with the Irish these days and their bizarre obsession with English fitba?

trev the hat
24-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Harold house in Haroldscross, my old local. Proper local Dub boozer.

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2014, 04:03 PM

Sorry old chap, but that is pish. Like McDaid's, OD's is an 'institution' for tourists only. For real Dublin city centre local's cult pubs try Stags Head, Long Haul and most of all, Grogan's.

Smartie
24-12-2014, 04:16 PM

Thanks

This has been doing my head in all day. Where on earth do I remember the band Aslan from? I can't place them but there's just something in there……..

I went out with an Irish girl for years about 10-15 years ago. I can't remember if she was maybe friends with them or something.

Arghhhhhhh!!

Dalianwanda
26-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Sorry old chap, but that is pish. Like McDaid's, OD's is an 'institution' for tourists only. For real Dublin city centre local's cult pubs try Stags Head, Long Haul and most of all, Grogan's.

Grogans is without doubt the best pub in Dublin IMO....was there the other day..amazing characters,conversations,art,Guinness and above all the best cheese and ham toasties known to man

Last Minute
26-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Thank you guys, I will catch it at one of these bars, 3points please. First game missed in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
26-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Thank you guys, I will catch it at one of these bars, 3points please. First game missed in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't try any of the good pubs for the game (grogans no telly)...Czech in although was our Hibs pub that sort of died a death and started going to murrays...

hibsmum
26-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Sky had this advertised with the rest of the matches they're showing so imagine you will find it somewhere