PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) clarke carlisle

West hamBERNIAN
22-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Fighting for life in hospital after crash involving lorry. What a terrible day for accidents at this time of year also.

YehButNoBut
22-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Been a terrible day, hope he pulls through

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighting-life-hospital-hit-lorry-A64.html

Kaff
22-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Been a terrible day, hope he pulls through

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighting-life-hospital-hit-lorry-A64.html

Suffered alcoholism and depression and talk that he may have gone onto the road deliberately. Really hope he will be ok as he seems to be a good guy

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Just said on the local news that his injuries are not life threatening. :thumbsup:

Kaff
22-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Just said on the local news that his injuries are not life threatening. :thumbsup:

Good news

West hamBERNIAN
22-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Nice one. Excellent news.

Kaff
22-12-2014, 10:01 PM

BBC website now saying the same thing, fingers crossed for him

SMAXXA
22-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Canny be bothered with the man and his opinions and IMO narrow minded approach to so called racist or controversial condemnation of people and situations but hope he recovers well.

Scottie
22-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Great news. He comes across to me as a genuinely nice man.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and beats his demons.

Todays events in Glasgow show us all how precious life is and how quickly it can all be taken away from us and the ones we love.

West hamBERNIAN
23-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Canny be bothered with the man and his opinions and IMO narrow minded approach to so called racist or controversial condemnation of people and situations but hope he recovers well.

I've noticed he seems to get a bit of hate before, he always seems like a decent guy to me. I've even found him quite funny. Not Seen any of the racist stuff.

DC_Hibs
23-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Thoughts go out to the lorry driver.

Hibernia&Alba
23-12-2014, 08:21 AM
Great news. He comes across to me as a genuinely nice man.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and beats his demons.

Todays events in Glasgow show us all how precious life is and how quickly it can all be taken away from us and the ones we love.

Well said.

DarrenSQH
23-12-2014, 08:25 AM
I really like Clarke. His show on depression in football was excellent. Hope he pulls through.

GraniteCityHibs
23-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Suffered alcoholism and depression and talk that he may have gone onto the road deliberately. Really hope he will be ok as he seems to be a good guy

These were my first thoughts when i saw it last night. Really hope this isn't he case.

Hopefully he will recover fully.

CropleyWasGod
23-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I saw him at the Book Festival earlier this year. Very entertaining, and I will get round to reading his book.

Hibby D
23-12-2014, 12:14 PM
I really like Clarke. His show on depression in football was excellent. Hope he pulls through.

I enjoyed that programme too. I think it helped to lessen the fear some footballers feel about discussing with their clubs how depression affects them.

I wasn't really aware of clarke before that show but that caught my attention; as did he. A highly intelligent and articulate man, and I'm glad to hear things aren't as bad as maybe first thought. It's been a terrible few days for tragic news,

Hibernia&Alba
23-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Has there been any word as to whether it was attempted suicide? Hope not.

SonOfDavidFrancey
23-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Has there been any word as to whether it was attempted suicide? Hope not.

Lots of it sadly. Local reports suggesting he walked into the road or maybe even jumped off a bridge into the traffic. He has a history of
depression and has attempted suicide before as he confessed
In his book.

Hibernia&Alba
24-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Lots of it sadly. Local reports suggesting he walked into the road or maybe even jumped off a bridge into the traffic. He has a history of
depression and has attempted suicide before as he confessed
In his book.

Very sad indeed if it's a suicide attempt. I listened to a game on Talksport only a couple of weeks ago in which he was co-commentator and he sounded in good spirits. Let's hope he gets the help he needs and enjoys better times.

Sylar
24-02-2015, 08:28 PM
I can't see any other threads on this but I ended up looking him up tonight as I thought for a second that he was co-commentating on the Man City vs Barcelona game (I missed the start and didn't recognise Lee Dixon's voice).

Turns out it definitely was a suicide attempt sadly but he seems to now be getting the help he needs.

Listened to an interview he gave to Jon Champion and he sounds like he was in a truly dark place.

I do hope he comes through his demons as depression is a truly horrific affliction.

Future17
24-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I can't see any other threads on this but I ended up looking him up tonight as I thought for a second that he was co-commentating on the Man City vs Barcelona game (I missed the start and didn't recognise Lee Dixon's voice).

Turns out it definitely was a suicide attempt sadly but he seems to now be getting the help he needs.

Listened to an interview he gave to Jon Champion and he sounds like he was in a truly dark place.

I do hope he comes through his demons as depression is a truly horrific affliction.

He's going to have a tough time coming up as he was already facing drink-driving charges and I assume he will face further charges for the crash that put him in hospital.

Jones28
24-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh no, really hope he can find a chink of light somewhere down there. He must have been in a really dark place.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Seen some ****bag Rangers fan tweet Collymore the other day saying "you'll do a Clark Carlisle soon". Filth

hibsbollah
24-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Seen some ****bag Rangers fan tweet Collymore the other day saying "you'll do a Clark Carlisle soon". Filth

No action will be taken. The club involved has done everything possible to prevent such tweeting.

Wakeyhibee
24-02-2015, 10:03 PM
This boy did the motivational speech at my son's graduation (as they call it these days), He was sincere and pulled no punches on the downfalls in life, at the same time staying totally positive and uplifting for his 16 year old audience. Just thought I'd share this

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-02-2015, 10:06 PM
No action will be taken. The club involved has done everything possible to prevent such tweeting.

Absolutely. Move along, nothing to see.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2015, 10:10 PM
He's going to have a tough time coming up as he was already facing drink-driving charges and I assume he will face further charges for the crash that put him in hospital.

The innocent drivers of the vehicles involved are often traumatised from their experiences in these sorry events as well.

jacomo
25-02-2015, 10:42 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if it was someone on the Rangers payroll.