PDA

View Full Version : Raith highlights

Not In The Know
22-12-2014, 08:44 AM
goes to show how much we had of the game considering you woud expect raiths own highlights to be weighted to show more of them.

http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=295

Hermit Crab
22-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Good goals. Good win. Think raith should have had a penalty though.

CentreLine
22-12-2014, 10:09 AM

Disagree. Oxley got a clear touch on the ball and that save any penalty claim

Hermit Crab
22-12-2014, 10:11 AM

A goal kick was given. Only seen it once though.

linlithgowhibbie
22-12-2014, 10:13 AM

Clearly got the ball.

Good highlights tho'

gaz1875

Yeah keeper got first touch, you see it in the slow motion clip...but looked very slow for their goal.

CentreLine

Yes, Oxley's touch takes it off the leg of the attacker and it goes out for a goal kick. Now doubt Oxley leaves his leg in there but the clear touch on the ball makes all the difference IMO

LancsHibs
22-12-2014, 10:20 AM
We are creating plenty of chances:thumbsup:

Geo_1875
22-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah keeper got first touch, you see it in the slow motion clip...but looked very slow for their goal.

When Nade had the ball in the build up to their goal I thought it was slow motion. Great pass from him though.

Seven Zero
22-12-2014, 10:26 AM
They should have included the half time entertainment on the highlights aswell. What was that all about by the way? The boy with the mic was either smashed or was an ********. Anybody have any ideas what he was saying?

easty
22-12-2014, 10:29 AM
From watching the highlights.

Oxley should never have been beaten for that goal, but if Gray's cross hadn't been as terrible as it was then we would never have been in any position to lose the goal.

Handlings headed effort at 1-1 was ridiculously crap.

We should have won by more, and looked by far the better side.

patlowe
22-12-2014, 10:44 AM
From the highlights it looks to me like Scott Allan was pulling the strings and creating chances at will. I understand people suggesting he sometimes gives the ball away and makes 'mistakes' but I honestly don't care if he is contributing so much creatively. Can't wait to see him and McGeouch back in the starting 11 together.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Knocked the ball against the Raith player. Heart was in my mouth when I saw him flying out at the game though!

easty
22-12-2014, 10:46 AM

Aye he does, but he raises his leg to take the boy down after he's got the ball. It would have been soft-ish, but def could have been a pen.

lapsedhibee
22-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Clearly got the ball.

Good highlights tho'
:agree: Crowd noise and no slavering commentary. The perfect soundtrack!

lucky
22-12-2014, 11:12 AM
How can RR produce highlights of that quality and post them on their website free of charge but Hibs feel the need to charge?

Future17
22-12-2014, 11:37 AM
How can RR produce highlights of that quality and post them on their website free of charge but Hibs feel the need to charge?

Because their highlights are done by a volunteer who gets to advertise his services in exchange, whereas Hibs can earn money from charging.

Would you prefer the club removed a profitable income stream?

The Tubs
22-12-2014, 11:45 AM

I managed to watch better quality highlights on hibs tv for free. You get the interview with stubbs too.

lucky
22-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Because their highlights are done by a volunteer who gets to advertise his services in exchange, whereas Hibs can earn money from charging.

It seems hibs are all about income. High ticket prices, rip off catering, high beer prices in BTGs , charging for mascots. I would hate to see how poor the team would be if they gave consideration to supporters pockets

Future17
22-12-2014, 04:01 PM
It seems hibs are all about income. High ticket prices, rip off catering, high beer prices in BTGs , charging for mascots. I would hate to see how poor the team would be if they gave consideration to supporters pockets

Whilst I agree that supporters shouldn't be overcharged for following their club (and match tickets and catering are certainly examples of where Hibs could improve in this regard) I think you're pushing it to suggest something like away game highlights should be provided free of charge. If there is a cost to the club in providing a service, that cost should be covered in the majority of cases. If there is a market for a service which would allow a respectable profit to be made, that should be used for the greater benefit of the club (and, ergo, its supporters).

In any event, it seems "The Tubs" has managed to watch the highlights for free on the Hibs website regardless.

Hibby Bairn
22-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Whilst I agree that supporters shouldn't be overcharged for following their club (and match tickets and catering are certainly examples of where Hibs could improve in this regard) I think you're pushing it to suggest something like away game highlights should be provided free of charge. If there is a cost to the club in providing a service, that cost should be covered in the majority of cases. If there is a market for a service which would allow a respectable profit to be made, that should be used for the greater benefit of the club (and, ergo, its supporters).

In any event, it seems "The Tubs" has managed to watch the highlights for free on the Hibs website regardless.

Or it could be provided free. This would mean much higher viewing numbers. Which in turn might encourage the cost (plus profit) to be covered by a sponsor.

Everyone wins.

Billychaotic182
22-12-2014, 04:07 PM

It's students from Adam smith collage who do the highlights

Lago
22-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Excellent point.

Hibby Bairn
22-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Throw that into the mix and we are also providing live work experience for aspiring film makers in Edinburgh.

Lago
22-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Correct, my daughter works there and tells me its all part of their studies.

Weststandwanab
22-12-2014, 04:26 PM
From the highlights it looks to me like Scott Allan was pulling the strings and creating chances at will. I understand people suggesting he sometimes gives the ball away and makes 'mistakes' but I honestly don't care if he is contributing so much creatively. Can't wait to see him and McGeouch back in the starting 11 together.

I do not think these are mistakes I just think he thinks far quicker than any other Hibs player and they do not make the runs required to make these passes.

I wonder how much profit this stream, actually generates !

Throw that into the mix and we are also providing live work experience for aspiring film makers in Edinburgh.

Far too sensible for Hibs

Centre Hawf
22-12-2014, 04:58 PM

A couple of the guys a Hibs TV are doing it as work experience as well. But it's not through a college/uni.

Also you can watch the Highlights for free on Hibs TV so I'm not quite sure what some posters are talking about.

Bronson
22-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I didn't actually realise how many chances we created, that could've been 6 or 7 quite easily.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2014, 06:03 PM
I didn't actually realise how many chances we created, that could've been 6 or 7 quite easily.

:agree: We won the game comfortably in the end, the only negative was it should have been over with in the first half. If we continue to create that many chances we will continue to keep winning. :thumbsup:

The_Horde
23-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Did anyone notice the UKIP billboard beside the hibs dugout?

Geo_1875
23-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm amazed that a thread can so easily be turned into an excuse to put the boot into our club.

I really do wonder how some people manage to get through the day without topping themselves over the way that Hibs treat them.

green.and.white
23-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Great pass for Malonga's goal from Paul Iniesta there!

Excellent highlights, lots of chances created and 3 goals, good stuff Hibs :flag:

GreenArmyyy!
23-12-2014, 01:44 PM
We attacked really well throughout by the looks of things, anybody think Oxley looked a bit suspect for their goal?

JimBHibees
23-12-2014, 03:06 PM
We attacked really well throughout by the looks of things, anybody think Oxley looked a bit suspect for their goal?

Yes shouldnt have been beaten at the front post from that angle IMO.