PDA

View Full Version : Colin McDougal

BrightonSeagull
21-12-2014, 01:18 PM
I was wondering if anybody could help. My father in law was talking about a relative of his Colin McDougal that he said played for Hibs around 1920-1930 and he was born in 1902. I wanted to find out any information that I could , as my searches so far have been fruitless I though I would ask the minds of information that love the club he played for . Here's hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction . Thanks in advance Brighton Seagull . ps good result yesterday

brog
21-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I was wondering if anybody could help. My father in law was talking about a relative of his Colin McDougal that he said played for Hibs around 1920-1930 and he was born in 1902. I wanted to find out any information that I could , as my searches so far have been fruitless I though I would ask the minds of information that love the club he played for . Here's hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction . Thanks in advance Brighton Seagull . ps good result yesterday

Had a quick look on Hibs stats & can't see anyone of that name or similar. I'll try other sources. I have to help as my son in law & grandsons are Brighton fans!

hibbybrian
21-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I've checked the Player Registration list for pre WWII and there is no record of a Colin McDougall having been registered by a Club in Scotland.

Hibs did have a William MacDougall during 1913 - 1914 and a David Brunton McDougall registered between 1917 - 1919 who played 11 times for the first team and a George Dougal who played between 1896 and 1899.

I don't have a record of any player named Colin who was registered with Hibs pre 1946.

He may have been a Junior player who trained with and had a trial with Hibs but unfortunately I don't have any record of him at all.

Sorry

BrightonSeagull
22-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Thankyou for your time and effort it's much appreciated . My father in law seems to think you may be right with the youth team / trained etc . It seems we will never know.
All the best for the rest of the seasonI hope you have more luck than we are having . Got any good managers as we need a new one now and the last Scottish one we had ( Mark McGee ) worked out pretty well for us.

Jonnyboy
22-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Thankyou for your time and effort it's much appreciated . My father in law seems to think you may be right with the youth team / trained etc . It seems we will never know.
All the best for the rest of the seasonI hope you have more luck than we are having . Got any good managers as we need a new one now and the last Scottish one we had ( Mark McGee ) worked out pretty well for us.

Terry Butcher's free :wink:

Nameless
22-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Jonnyboy, be nice!!

Hermit Crab
22-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Terry Butcher's free :wink:

As is ally mccoist.

Jonnyboy
22-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Jonnyboy, be nice!!

:greengrin sorry :greengrin

greenginger
22-12-2014, 08:03 PM

I checked on births on the Scotland's People web site.

One Colin Gray McDougal registered in Edinburgh around that time .

1903 in the Newington District.

son of haggart
22-12-2014, 08:43 PM

would be worth dropping a line to the webmaster of London Hearts - he has archived and entered onto his database many newpaper reports etc of that era and its just possible he will have something

webmaster@londonhearts.com

brog
22-12-2014, 09:39 PM
I've checked the Player Registration list for pre WWII and there is no record of a Colin McDougall having been registered by a Club in Scotland.

Hibs did have a William MacDougall during 1913 - 1914 and a David Brunton McDougall registered between 1917 - 1919 who played 11 times for the first team and a George Dougal who played between 1896 and 1899.

I don't have a record of any player named Colin who was registered with Hibs pre 1946.

He may have been a Junior player who trained with and had a trial with Hibs but unfortunately I don't have any record of him at all.

Sorry

i knew Brian would have the goods if anyone did. I did scan through Alan Lugton's Vol 3 of the Hibs history covering the period in question but unfortunately also without success. Hope your season improves though I live in a Palace area & most of my friends are Eagles fans!