PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
20-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Just back. Good first half, awful start of second, great finish. Fans outstanding, really got behind the team when they were struggling second half.

Oxley 6 Three very good saves, would have been a 8 but for slip at the goal. Consistency please.

Stevenson 7 Barely put a foot wrong and some good attacking work too.
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7 Seemed to lose track of Nade a few times. +1 for the goal
Gray 5 Not at his best. Distribution poor.

Robertson 6 the usual; defensively good, attacking wise a liability.
Craig 4 gave possession away far too much.
Allan 7 MOTM. the occasional mistake but he can pick out a pass that our other midfielders can't.
Handling 7 Was a real threat and surprised to see him substituted. But it worked so credit to Stubbs.

Cummings 5 Hopefully the goal will give him a boost, apart from that he was poor again and looks short of confidence.
Malonga 5 Some great movement to get into positions to score, but he fluffed his lines three times. Still love him though, if you think hes lazy youre not watching properly.

Subs
Stanton good work going forward
Booth fine

Thecat23
20-12-2014, 07:03 PM
I wasn't there today but from what I heard Craig played fairly well? Heard Hanlon wasn't great either? Again wasn't there just on what mates told me.

Bronson
20-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Oxley - 5, beaten too easily at near post for goal

Gray - 5, poorest display in hibs shirt to date, still struggling from injury I assume
Hanlon - 6, some good tackles but caught out positionally at times
Fontaine - 8, solid at the back, good driving forward, great header, my MOTM
Stevenson - 7, usual self, always gave an offer on the left hand side and solid throughout

Robertson - 7, good ball winning, generally good display
Craig - 5, not great, not terrible
Allan - 6, not his best but still the difference at times, looked a bit fed up at 1-1
Handling - 5, see Craig

Malonga - 6, some poor finishing first half but took his goal well and had a few nice touches, we're a different team when he plays though, will be a big miss next month
Cummings - 5, got his goal but a bit anonymous at times, still has much to learn

Jonnyboy
20-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Gray - 5, poorest display in hibs shirt to date, still struggling from injury I assume
Stevenson - 7, usual self, always gave an offer on the left hand side and solid throughout

Allan - 6, not his best but still the difference at times, looked a bit fed up at 1-1
Handling - 5, see Craig

Malonga - 6, some poor finishing first half but took his goal well and had a few nice touches, we're a different team when he plays though, will be a big miss next month
Cummings - 5, got his goal but a bit anonymous at times, still has much to learn

Can't disagree with any of that :aok:

Guy behind me was giving Malonga pelters and then when big Dom scored, said guy was singing the Malonga song at the top of his lungs :greengrin

B.H.F.C
20-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Fontaine best player. Midfield crap. Strikers not great but a goal each and Malonga involved in all goals.

Jonnyboy
20-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Haven't read the match thread. Anyone mumping about us playing keep ball in the last eight minutes :wink:

Bronson
20-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Guy behind me was giving Malonga pelters and then when big Dom scored, said guy was singing the Malonga song at the top of his lungs :greengrin

I think we may have been sitting almost right next to each other, because the exact same happened where I was sitting!

hibsbollah
20-12-2014, 07:25 PM

I loved some of Malonga's work. Pretended to blow out of his erchie at the near post, bent nearly double, defender looks away and he sprints away to receive a quick corner. Fans around me shouting that he was lazy and missed the obvious deceit:aok:

Hes a clever player. But really should have had four goals with the chances he had.

Jonnyboy
20-12-2014, 07:26 PM
I think we may have been sitting almost right next to each other, because the exact same happened where I was sitting!

Me and my brother were in ZZ3 and ZZ4

Bronson
20-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Me and my brother were in ZZ3 and ZZ4

I was YY25 or something like that, so quite a bit along. Must have been a few at it though!

Jonnyboy
20-12-2014, 07:33 PM
I was YY25 or something like that, so quite a bit along. Must have been a few at it though!

:agree: In between booing no doubt :greengrin

southern hibby
20-12-2014, 11:43 PM
I thought Fontaine had a good game except for pace, which he seriously lacks. However he impressed me enough with his passing when he was going forward and has break up play, to wonder. Could he do a job for us I'n front of a back four when Foster comes back.

Can I just say ( before the let's not move another player out of position debate starts ), Hanlon is strolling this league. Foster is ( I'n my view ) faster than Fontaine which means dropping Fontaine when Fosters fit, but on today's performance Fontaine can pass a ball forward, when he is going forward and pass well and can break up play.

Anyway just my thoughts.

GGTTH

Bobby's Cinema
21-12-2014, 08:27 AM

Handling - 5, see Craig

:agree: That's how I seen it

Nameless
21-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Yesterday was my first game this season. Thought Lewis played well, and thought Stanton was nice and direct when he came on. Dominic should have scored 4.

PeeJay
21-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Saw the live stream courtesy of RR and after a decent 1st half where we somehow failed to score we were caught napping and they scored. 2nd half we were awful until we scored (against the run of play) the team gathered momentum again and the final result seemed fair overall to me. Cummings and Handling are not developing at all IMO, too many weak ineffectual efforts: they don't impress me in the slightest, despite getting games in and an occasional tap-in. Malonga blows hot and cold, yet he still scores, he needs to work harder. Scott was - for me - the best player on the park on our side, but his team mates often seem to be lagging behind his ideas. This is the type of result we need to be making more often, we didn't play very well IMO, but good enough for a Raith tem that also failed to take their chances (mind you they have only won 1 in 11 apparently). Would give Allan 6, everyone else a 5. Massive room for improvement, be interesting to see how we fare against "better teams" than RR in the upcoming games.

calumhibee1
21-12-2014, 09:43 AM
First half we were really good. Second half we weren't great but overall we definitely deserved the win. Got to say, fans booing is getting on my tits, it was ridiculous at times yesterday.

B.H.F.C
21-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Saw the live stream courtesy of RR and after a decent 1st half where we somehow failed to score we were caught napping and they scored. 2nd half we were awful until we scored (against the run of play) the team gathered momentum again and the final result seemed fair overall to me. Cummings and Handling are not developing at all IMO, too many weak ineffectual efforts: they don't impress me in the slightest, despite getting games in and an occasional tap-in. Malonga blows hot and cold, yet he still scores, he needs to work harder. Scott was - for me - the best player on the park on our side, but his team mates often seem to be lagging behind his ideas. This is the type of result we need to be making more often, we didn't play very well IMO, but good enough for a Raith tem that also failed to take their chances (mind you they have only won 1 in 11 apparently). Would give Allan 6, everyone else a 5. Massive room for improvement, be interesting to see how we fare against "better teams" than RR in the upcoming games.

Agree about Cummings and Handling, think we carry them too often. I think there is still something to work with re Cummings. He's got a reasonable amount of goals but I don't think he should be starting every week. That just shows our lack of options.

Think the bit about Malonga being lazy is becoming an easy accusation to chuck at him. I didn't think he was lazy yesterday, just poor for the majority of the match. That said he was still involved in all our goals.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Should have had the game wrapped up by half time, a half where we did play very well, yet 2nd half was poor and we did not play at all but scored twice.

Saying that over the 90 minutes we must have created 7 or 8 very good chances and did deserve the win, we just should have won it way before we did with a bigger margin.

I'd have the forwards and midfielders in for shooting and finishing practice. :greengrin

emerald green
21-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Just back. Good first half, awful start of second.

I wasn't at the game, but I've commented on this issue on several games Hibs have played at home this season.

They seem to start the second half very slowly and sluggish, compared to their first half performance, it seems to me.