PDA

View Full Version : Big crowd for the Rangers game?

Pages : [1] 2

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Anyone think it could be a big crowd (not including Rangers fans) or just the usual?

Hibby Bairn
20-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Anyone think it could be a big crowd (not including Rangers fans) or just the usual?

At £28 a ticket I doubt it.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2014, 07:45 PM

just the usual. Folk are skint. Expect a sellout in the hunnery end though.

LancsHibs
20-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm in can't wait:gwa:

Pete
20-12-2014, 07:54 PM
just the usual. Folk are skint. Expect a sellout in the hunnery end though.

I expected us to be one of the lucky ones that they boycotted. Ach well.

Father Ted
20-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm in, hate those ****bags

Hermit Crab
20-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Theres that many of them that a boycott would never work. There would always be roasters who'd buy tickets.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2014, 08:08 PM

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=83

take a look for yourself.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2014, 08:23 PM
I expect the crowd to be in the region of between 13-14,000.

Ronniekirk
20-12-2014, 09:03 PM
I expect the crowd to be in the region of between 13-14,000.

Assuming they sell out we should get more than this as traditionally the Festive Fixtures get an uplift as folk are home for x mass that may not have been for a while and it's a decent fixture and we have just won back to back games for first time so let's go on and make it three in a row

Hermit Crab
20-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Assuming they sell out we should get more than this as traditionally the Festive Fixtures get an uplift as folk are home for x mass that may not have been for a while and it's a decent fixture and we have just won back to back games for first time so let's go on and make it three in a row

They have sold out their allocation.

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Cue a long list of the usual excuses . :yawn:

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Going home for xmas so will miss it, also missing the Falkirk game as going to Sunderland v Liverpool game.

Squealing pig
20-12-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm in taking the laddie to his 1st game

macca70
20-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Only 1 home game over the Festive period so should be a decent crowd and a win puts us right in with a shout for 2nd place.

Just bought a half season ticket so looking forward to it.

Hibby Bairn
20-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I think if we had priced it sensibly it could have been a sell out. Great chance to sell to dads and sons at this time of year (and people visiting families in Edinburgh) but I think we have got it wrong at £28 a ticket (not sure how much concessions are).

H18S NX
20-12-2014, 10:35 PM
just the usual. Folk are skint. Expect a sellout in the hunnery end though...That can't be surely, i thought they were going to boycott all the teams that supposedly wanted them out of the league and we were one of the first teams to be targeted,still,they said they did'nt do walking away either..ahem.

superfurryhibby
20-12-2014, 11:17 PM
I think if we had priced it sensibly it could have been a sell out. Great chance to sell to dads and sons at this time of year (and people visiting families in Edinburgh) but I think we have got it wrong at £28 a ticket (not sure how much concessions are).

Agreed. My boys are over from Spain and I was thinking about taking them. 28 quid for me and 17 each for them. Add the booking fees etc and it's nearly 70 quid, for a second tier game. That is ridiculously pricey.

DH1875
20-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Cue a long list of the usual excuses . :yawn:

Im in Spain at the mo and wont be back for it :greengrin

JimBHibees
20-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Would expect a decent crowd given the festive period and our good run of form.

JimBHibees
20-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Agreed. My boys are over from Spain and I was thinking about taking them. 28 quid for me and 17 each for them. Add the booking fees etc and it's nearly 70 quid, for a second tier game. That is ridiculously pricey.

Will be worth it when we win though. :greengrin

Squealing pig
20-12-2014, 11:47 PM

Plus the 1.50 booking fee 29.50..concessions are 15.50 Inc booking fee

Bishop Hibee
20-12-2014, 11:49 PM
£28 is a scandal but i expect around 16K. A win would be our best home result since we last beat Hearts at home and set us up nicely for the derby.

Sergey
20-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Plus the 1.50 booking fee 29.50..concessions are 15.50 Inc booking fee

For the record - I didn't pay a booking fee by contacting the ticket office directly.

£28 + £14 for a child (taking the piss, but that's the price).

Robinho08
21-12-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm in, going with family. :flag:

southern hibby
21-12-2014, 12:26 AM
My 2 boys are up from Weymouth so they're OBVIOUSLY going, whether they want to or not. Santas already got their ticket for them.

GGTTH

Jones28
21-12-2014, 02:02 AM
No chance at £28 a ticket. For the time of year as well? If they thought it through they could've knocked the £8 off as a wee Christmas present.

marti1875
21-12-2014, 02:20 AM
Feel free to correct me (and i'm sure many will jump at the chance :greengrin) but are the prices for these games not already known well in advance? i'm being serious....as every big game that comes up we seem to have lots of fans suddenly shocked at the prices and threads such as this gets filled with posts from fans who seem totally surprised/shocked at the prices of tickets?

I always thought it was known well before, maybe at the start of season just how much it would be yet still we have people shocked/surprised? :confused:

Bristolhibby
21-12-2014, 05:26 AM

I'm back, and I'm going.

J

3pm
21-12-2014, 08:21 AM
'Boxing Day' football used to be a massive draw or at least I think it was!

Hermit Crab
21-12-2014, 08:36 AM
'Boxing Day' football used to be a massive draw or at least I think it was!

Yes, shame it's the 27th though. :greengrin

Leith Green
21-12-2014, 08:42 AM
I actually think this could be 17k plus, especially with it being the saturday ... Id be surprised if we cant muster 13k hibs fans for this to be honest.

Keith_M
21-12-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm coming over for the game, but 28 quid for a game that's on TV is hardly going to encourage a big attendance.

lucky
21-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Hibs are taking the piss but 3600 x £28 Is just over £100k There is no way Hibs board were going to miss a chance of filling their coffers

jakeshibs
21-12-2014, 09:28 AM
we will be travelling up, driving through the night on boxing day to meet the time lines for this game, mon the Hibs

Merry Christmas to all the Hibees, lets all celebrate on the 27th,and hoping we smash them in the New Year too!!!

3pm
21-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes, shame it's the 27th though. :greengrin

That's why I ' ' Boxing Day!!

OK, the first post Christmas Day fixture!

.Sean.
21-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Folk moaning about ticket prices again, shock. Massive game so if you can afford it and have the time there's really no excuse for not being in attendance. What are you wanting, a freebie? Are some really that miserable and no going because it's £28 a ticket and not, say for arguments sake, £22? Not going and being pissy over £6?

I've worked the last 4 weekends so I am absolutely buzzing for this. We'lol beat them and I cant wait to be there to see it.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Folk moaning about ticket prices again, shock. Massive game so if you can afford it and have the time there's really no excuse for not being in attendance. What are you wanting, a freebie? Are some really that miserable and no going because it's £28 a ticket and not, say for arguments sake, £22? Not going and being pissy over £6?

I've worked the last 4 weekends so I am absolutely buzzing for this. We'lol beat them and I cant wait to be there to see it.

Better get your tin hat on son.

HH81
21-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Looked at the plan its not looking very busy.

Blaster
21-12-2014, 10:29 AM

Spot on Sean. Breaking news.......the other 2 home games against Rangers and yams will also be £28. Get the excuses in now. Easter, Mother's Day

Alternatively people could buy half season tickets to bring the average cost down and help funds for the January transfer window

erin go bragh
21-12-2014, 10:48 AM
First time we have played The Rangers at The Leith San Siro . No missing it . Ill be there plus 3 .

Ggtth

woody47
21-12-2014, 11:21 AM
I see one of the unwashed has managed to get a ticket for the home end...

EGIL OSTENSTADf
Marsden loyal

True Blue
PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
383 posts
Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM
After two tickets , got tickets in the hibs end but don't fancy sitting in way they ****bags.. Might try on the day for some

renato
21-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Ticket bought, looking forward to this one!

macca70
21-12-2014, 11:44 AM
It's not about folk not being able to afford the £28, it's more to do with Value for money.

I could afford to pay £10 for a Mars Bar but I'm not going to as its not good value for money.

The majority moaning about the price will be able to afford it but the point is, it's overpriced.

I'll be there anyway as I just bought a 1/2 season tick but I can totally get why folk grudge £28 for 1 game.

If someone was undecided about going, this price would probably be the deciding factor for them not to bother IMO

weecounty hibby
21-12-2014, 11:49 AM

So would you be happy if it was £34 a ticket? After all that would only be another pissy £6.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2014, 11:54 AM
So would you be happy if it was £34 a ticket? After all that would only be another pissy £6.

Make it £40. Only another pissy £6

hibee1875
21-12-2014, 11:55 AM

No it wouldn't, it would be an extra £12...

The fans agreed to no refund on Premiership priced season tickets at the start of the season in order for us to operate on the same budget. This means walk up prices the same as you'd find in the top tear. If you're not happy don't buy one. Simples.

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2014, 11:57 AM
It's not about folk not being able to afford the £28, it's more to do with Value for money.

I could afford to pay £10 for a Mars Bar but I'm not going to as its not good value for money.

The majority moaning about the price will be able to afford it but the point is, it's overpriced.

I'll be there anyway as I just bought a 1/2 season tick but I can totally get why folk grudge £28 for 1 game.

If someone was undecided about going, this price would probably be the deciding factor for them not to bother IMO

True, and sadly many folk simply can't afford those prices, particularly at this time of year. £84 quid for a family of four on walk ups - that's a dear do.

HH81
21-12-2014, 11:59 AM

The fans agreed to no refund on Premiership priced season tickets at the start of the season in order for us to operate on the same budget. This means walk up prices the same as you'd find in the top tear. If you're not happy don't buy one. Simples.

The fans did not agree to it. LD made the decision to keep prices the same.

emerald green
21-12-2014, 12:01 PM
They have sold out their allocation.

I'll bet that a substantial number of them live in and around Edinburgh, and have no connection with Glasgow whatsoever, where their (new) club comes from. Gets on my nerves. Cannot stand them.

marinello59
21-12-2014, 12:02 PM
The fans did not agree to it. LD made the decision to keep prices the same.

There was a consultation period.

lyonhibs
21-12-2014, 12:03 PM
I'll be there as I'm back for Xmas. 28 quid for a 2nd tier game remains terrible value for money though

HH81
21-12-2014, 12:06 PM

Yes but from memory a large amount wanted it reduced.

The club had no intention of reducing the prices. Do you think they will be reduced next year if we stay down? I don't.

Gatecrasher
21-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Hopefully folk realise how big this game is and there's a big turn up to support the team. The biggest match in Scotland that weekend second tier or not.

Ozyhibby
21-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Sadly, many thousands of fans are taking your advice every game.

marinello59
21-12-2014, 12:15 PM

The club had no intention of reducing the prices. Do you think they will be reduced next year if we stay down? I don't.

From memory a large amount were happy to go with prices staying as they were.
Next season? I think we will be back in the top league.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 12:17 PM
I think we'll get a decent crowd. Won't be near a sell out but with a big away support I don't think 15000ish is unrealistic.

It's a huge game, if you can afford it and are in Edinburgh then get along and support your team.

renato
21-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Biggest game of the season for us, against a very average The Rangers team. We simply need to get 3 points if we want to finish 2nd this season.

Big crowd, performance and points would set us up nicely for the trip across the city. Get down to ER, if you can.

scoopyboy
21-12-2014, 01:24 PM

But you will never know if it will be value for money until after the game.

If we win 5-0 then IMO it is value for money, if we lose 5-0 then it isn't.

ancient hibee
21-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Biggest game of the season for us, against a very average The Rangers team. We simply need to get 3 points if we want to finish 2nd this season.

Big crowd, performance and points would set us up nicely for the trip across the city. Get down to ER, if you can.

Unless we win the next two games we could find ourselves out of the play off places.Need all the support we can get.

Alfred E Newman
21-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Season tickets are the best value, especially if you have kids. With an adult kids get in for next to nothing.
However, I get the feeling that even if the club were letting the crowd in for free some would still manage to find an excuse not to go.

scoopyboy
21-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Looked at the plan its not looking very busy.

I'm an avid dot follower and six days before the match we are in a reasonable place.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Leeann Dempster stated at the time when she announced that there wouldn't be any refunds for season tickets bought before our relegation that one of the reasons for her decision was that it was only around 5% who had been in touch saying that they wanted any refund.

mutley
21-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I reckon it will be around the 15k mark for this match. Some people have reasons for staying away, others have reasons to not miss it. Either way I'll be there, I'll support my team, not boooooooo and with a little bit if luck, we can make it 3 in a row and 3 points closer to 2nd.

I do think that catching the yams is now out if sight, and I've made peace with it. But that extra place gives us better chances in the play offs and I'm not writing off promotion at the be of the season. We are very much still in it.

Now having said all that, I'm away to hit some Xmas cheer.

Merry Xmas all and I'll see you on the 27th

GGTTH

HH81
21-12-2014, 02:06 PM
From memory a large amount were happy to go with prices staying as they were.
Next season? I think we will be back in the top league.

The question was IF were in the championship do you see a price drop? Not what league do you think we will be in.

Falkirk Hibby
21-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Driving up from Hertfordshire on Boxing Day. The good lady's first ever footy match, so should be a nice quiet introduction to the beautiful game!!!

....and I'm not worried about the price, my old man bought ours! :na na:

Spike Mandela
21-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Working.:boo hoo:

Tickets for derby though.:hibees

scoopyboy
21-12-2014, 02:16 PM
The question was IF were in the championship do you see a price drop? Not what league do you think we will be in.

Why are getting your knickers in a twist about next season ticket prices?

Whinge about it when they come out , you don't even have a clue what they are liable to be.

HH81
21-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Why are getting your knickers in a twist about next season ticket prices?

Whinge about it when they come out , you don't even have a clue what they are liable to be.

Maybe you want to start all the threads so we only discuss topics you want!

silverhibee
21-12-2014, 03:17 PM
No worries fellow Hibs fans, i will be starting the match thread and my record since starting them has been very impressive so far, also attending so i can only see a Hibs win.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2014, 03:21 PM

:agree: I believe there is a cut off point for some folk, football is pricing itself out of the folk who are not the die hards in my opinion.

Folk are picking their games these days, and rightly or wrongly is his classed as a special game these days for them not so regular fans?

Keith_M
21-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Remind us of the details of that, it always amuses me :wink:

For the record, I'm going and will be paying the full price. I haven't complained about it but reckon that it'll reduce the attendance considerably.

So, no excuses on my part but still think it's an own goal from the Club.

Aldo
21-12-2014, 03:28 PM
No worries fellow Hibs fans, i will be starting the match thread and my record since starting them has been very impressive so far, also attending so i can only see a Hibs win. :flag: :gwa: :flag:

Good shout Silver. I will be in Edinburgh that day however with the family taking in a couple of shows and doing the market etc
:-(

(Wish I was going to game and having a good few scoops tho)

scoopyboy
21-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Maybe you want to start all the threads so we only discuss topics you want!

Listen dafty, this thread is about next week being a big crowd for the Rangers match not about next season's season ticket prices.

So rather than me start new threads about what I want to talk about why don't you start a new thread about next seasons prices and stop hijacking this one.

.Sean.
21-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Listen dafty, this thread is about next week being a big crowd for the Rangers match not about next season's season ticket prices.

So rather than me start new threads about what I want to talk about why don't you start a new thread about next seasons prices and stop hijacking this one.
The People's Champ has spoken :greengrin

HH81
21-12-2014, 05:13 PM

Best had, your the boss.

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Spoke to three ex season ticket holders tonight of the past few years and not one of them is going to the Huns game. They all thought the price was ridiculous considering our position and the fact it is on TV as well . Pricing has to be addressed next year.

Expect 14-16k at the game.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm an avid dot follower and six days before the match we are in a reasonable place.

What's it looking like Scoopyboy

lyonhibs
21-12-2014, 08:32 PM
If Der Hun take Butcher off our hands before then, expect the attendance to jump up as I suspect there will be a fair few folk up for going to the game just to give TB the "warm welcome" to ER he richly deserves.....

Billy Whizz
21-12-2014, 08:34 PM
If Der Hun take Butcher off our hands before then, expect the attendance to jump up as I suspect there will be a fair few folk up for going to the game just to give TB the "warm welcome" to ER he richly deserves.....

Good call

The_Exile
21-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Imagine a few of the players would have a wee point to prove if the Butcher rumour is true. Adds a wee bit of spice to the game.

scoopyboy
21-12-2014, 09:01 PM
What's it looking like Scoopyboy

Not too bad Billy.

The ground always sells in roughly the same order.

In the East the middle sections go first and already for the three most central it is already getting tight if you want two seats together.

Sections 40, 41 and 42 will either sell out completely or be very close. Section 43 will start to then sell heavily and then inroads will be made into section 44. At the other end 39 will go a bit slower than 43 but will get there and then 38 will start to fill up. The small end sections 37 and 45 will only sell once the others have sold. I would think a minimum of 5800 with the outside chance of it selling out.

The West sells out in a V shape. Section 5 is sold out and sections 4 and 6 have around 60 tickets left between them. On the top tier section 13 only has single seats left and 14 is going well too. Towards the away end section twelve is going well but 11 not doing as well as 14. Sections 1,2,8 and 9 in the lower probably wont do much until later on in the week, same with 10 and 14 in the upper. I would estimate around 4000 in the West.

The North lower always sells in the same manner as the East, centre out. The upper is a bit more random but section 25 will be the last to sell. I reckon around 2500 to 3000 come kick off.

From the above I reckon the crowd will be in the region of 17000.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Not too bad Billy.

The ground always sells in roughly the same order.

In the East the middle sections go first and already for the three most central it is already getting tight if you want two seats together.

Sections 40, 41 and 42 will either sell out completely or be very close. Section 43 will start to then sell heavily and then inroads will be made into section 44. At the other end 39 will go a bit slower than 43 but will get there and then 38 will start to fill up. The small end sections 37 and 45 will only sell once the others have sold. I would think a minimum of 5800 with the outside chance of it selling out.

The West sells out in a V shape. Section 5 is sold out and sections 4 and 6 have around 60 tickets left between them. On the top tier section 13 only has single seats left and 14 is going well too. Towards the away end section twelve is going well but 11 not doing as well as 14. Sections 1,2,8 and 9 in the lower probably wont do much until later on in the week, same with 10 and 14 in the upper. I would estimate around 4000 in the West.

The North lower always sells in the same manner as the East, centre out. The upper is a bit more random but section 25 will be the last to sell. I reckon around 2500 to 3000 come kick off.

From the above I reckon the crowd will be in the region of 17000.

Thanks, you should be a fans rep on how to sell the match tickets. Cheaper seats in the wings, and more expensive in central areas. A bit like the theatre

inglisavhibs
21-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Spoke to three ex season ticket holders tonight of the past few years and not one of them is going to the Huns game. They all thought the price was ridiculous considering our position and the fact it is on TV as well . Pricing has to be addressed next year.

Expect 14-16k at the game.
Do you think they would have rushed out and bought a ticket if they were say £22? I doubt it and think TV is a bigger factor. We all know Hibs fans who have stopped attending and some of them will only return when we get back to the top league and are doing better. Others are gone forever.

Hibeesforever
21-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Got to agree that the Chairman has really messed up again here. I don't care how much more season ticket holders have paid, there is a massive game for the club and opportunity to sell out the ground for The Rangers game. Instead fans who have lapsed are shown the wrath of the board with a ticket price of £28! I seriously believe that Police Scotland have prevented Hibs selling £15 tickets. That is the price they should be.
Why is my football club so incompetent on pricing the product. Better to generate an atmosphere, does the board not know we have to get out of this division, anything less is unacceptable for Hibernian Football Club.

inglisavhibs
21-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Got to agree that the Chairman has really messed up again here. I don't care how much more season ticket holders have paid, there is a massive game for the club and opportunity to sell out the ground for The Rangers game. Instead fans who have lapsed are shown the wrath of the board with a ticket price of £28! I seriously believe that Police Scotland have prevented Hibs selling £15 tickets. That is the price they should be.
Why is my football club so incompetent on pricing the product. Better to generate an atmosphere, does the board not know we have to get out of this division, anything less is unacceptable for Hibernian Football Club.
We would have no season ticket holders next season and don't worry about the atmosphere, that will be fine as long as Hibs are competitive. Football in Scotland is generally too expensive for the standard we get but Hibs should not be singled out for this. It's an expensive time of year but there will be a decent crowd on Saturday.

JimBHibees
21-12-2014, 10:07 PM
We would have no season ticket holders next season and don't worry about the atmosphere, that will be fine as long as Hibs are competitive. Football in Scotland is generally too expensive for the standard we get but Hibs should not be singled out for this. It's an expensive time of year but there will be a decent crowd on Saturday.

Agree and of course we would have to charge Rangers fans the 15 pounds also. No excuses time to get behind the team in what is a massive game.

monktonharp
22-12-2014, 01:39 AM
There was a consultation period.stop that keek, please

marinello59
22-12-2014, 04:15 AM
stop that keek, please

Awwww, that's not very nice monkeyman. Where's your goodwill to all men? Even me. :greengrin

Onion
22-12-2014, 06:28 AM

Crowd will be very decent for this one and I'm really looking forward to it. Hibs doing ok, NewHuns first visit to ER and there for the taking. It's Xmas and McCoist has indeed "walked away". Tasty backdrop :greengrin

But agree.... £28 for a lower league football match is simply bonkers, smacks of profiteering, shows a lack of imagination/vision and reinforces the perception that they see Hibs fans as an income stream rather than part of a welcoming family.

SkintHibby
22-12-2014, 07:50 AM
I would love to go with my son who I have that weekend (who lives with his mum) but since I don't normally attend because I usually work Saturdays I have no chance of getting tickets.

Stupid Hibs.

Pete
22-12-2014, 07:56 AM
I would love to go with my son who I have that weekend (who lives with his mum) but since I don't normally attend because I usually work Saturdays I have no chance of getting tickets.

Stupid Hibs.

What have hibs done exactly to merit being called stupid?

Hermit Crab
22-12-2014, 08:08 AM

Stupid Hibs.

Unless you're working you'll get tickets no bother! It is the Rangers game you're talking about right?

Gmack7
22-12-2014, 08:09 AM

Stupid Hibs.
Don't you know anyone on the database

scoopyboy
22-12-2014, 09:02 AM

Stupid Hibs.

You work Saturdays but to be fair you could have been on the data base by now by attending a game on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.

However I do feel you have a very valid point, one which does cost Hibs money.

Either phone the club and explain your predicament or get somebody on the data base to get you the tickets.

SkintHibby
22-12-2014, 09:02 AM
What have hibs done exactly to merit being called stupid?

Because they don't allow for fans who might only manage to attend one or two matches a year.

Cracking opportunity for my Glasgow based Rangers supporting son (not my fault) to see the light but I can't get tickets!

SkintHibby
22-12-2014, 09:09 AM
You work Saturdays but to be fair you could have been on the data base by now by attending a game on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.

However I do feel you have a very valid point, one which does cost Hibs money.

Either phone the club and explain your predicament or get somebody on the data base to get you the tickets.

My job is job and finish so no point in even trying midweek games since I don't even live in Edinburgh.

I WAS on he database under a different address but will give them a phone.

Hibby70
22-12-2014, 09:10 AM
Because they don't allow for fans who might only manage to attend one or two matches a year.

Cracking opportunity for my Glasgow based Rangers supporting son (not my fault) to see the light but I can't get tickets!

Surely you could buy tickets for your 1 or 2 games and get on the database? It's there to stop Rangers fans getting tickets for the home end - and I'm glad it does.

scoopyboy
22-12-2014, 10:23 AM
My job is job and finish so no point in even trying midweek games since I don't even live in Edinburgh.

That might be enough mate.

Mr White
22-12-2014, 10:28 AM

Pretty boy offered you his client ref to get tickets a couple of weeks ago. Did that fall through?

Bristolhibby
22-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks, you should be a fans rep on how to sell the match tickets. Cheaper seats in the wings, and more expensive in central areas. A bit like the theatre

Is that not how it's done?

Bath rigby ticketing down here does that. Tickets along the side but behind the try line are cheaper than seats in line with the half way line, by about £15 IIRC.

J

DH1875
22-12-2014, 10:49 AM

Can you not login under your client ref number and change your address yourself in the details section?

libernian
22-12-2014, 11:04 AM

good post...

i dont why they make tickets v the really awful no hoper teams cheap.. many lapsed fans (like myself) wouldnt even be paid to go those. i would go to this rangers game if it was £15, and who knows maybe get interested again, but they want £15 so nah...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-12-2014, 11:13 AM
If you can afford to go then by all means buy your tickets and get yourself along to watch us pump them AGAIN.

Scouse Hibee
22-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Lets have an ad hoc ticket pricing system so we can really **** our planned budgets.People spend far more in a pub without a second thought these days.

Keith_M
22-12-2014, 12:06 PM
stop that keek, please

Don't be so cheeky, the word is 'keech'!

:grr:

Oh and there was indeed a Consultation. I do believe it went something along the lines of: Ms Dempster got three E-Mails in her inbox, chatted to four people she passed in the street and another three in the ticket queue. Out of those, I believe only one wanted a reduction in ST price.

Cannae argue with such an in-depth, representative survey, can you :wink:

Brooster
22-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Here we go again. Folk mumping about paying the going rate to support the team they claim to love. I'm fed up listening to excuses, why cant they support the team (even occassionaly) instead of looking to get in for next to nowt.

Albanian Hibs
22-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Looking forward to giving the huns a right roasting again.

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Its a pity that Fat Sally has jumped ship. No matter who takes their team on Saturday they just cant possibly be as clueless as he was, they may come up with a different game plan from lumping the ball up to Boyd and Miller, so we had better be ready.

scoopyboy
22-12-2014, 12:50 PM
good post...

i dont why they make tickets v the really awful no hoper teams cheap.. many lapsed fans (like myself) wouldnt even be paid to go those. i would go to this rangers game if it was £15, and who knows maybe get interested again, but they want £15 so nah...

So guys that pay for season tickets pay full whack , meanwhile lapsed fans want in for £15 cos they aren't really interested.

Are you real?

Brooster
22-12-2014, 01:08 PM
So guys that pay for season tickets pay full whack , meanwhile lapsed fans want in for £15 cos they aren't really interested.

Are you real?

scoopyboy, you may recall our conversation at Raith on Saturday when we spoke about the difference between chatting to the active Hibs support in and around games then coming on here and reading the views of some so called fans. Polar opposites.

we are hibs
22-12-2014, 01:12 PM
What's the chances of the East selling out?

Pretty Boy
22-12-2014, 01:12 PM

Are you real?

Mental isn't it.

I pay £405 to support the club when they need it but someone should get in for £15 because they fancy a big game. That's a recipe for disaster when it comes to renewals.

scoopyboy
22-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Mental isn't it.

I pay £405 to support the club when they need it but someone should get in for £15 because they fancy a big game. That's a recipe for disaster when it comes to renewals.

If all season ticket holders didn't renew and waited to get in for £15 there would be no Hibs within two seasons.

Why don't they get that?

Sir David Gray
22-12-2014, 01:52 PM
good post...

£28 to go to any Scottish football match is robbery, never mind one in the second tier, but that's the standard price nowadays.

As others have said already in response to this post, why should season ticket holders pay full price but people who don't go to any other matches and may only be going as a one off, get in for almost half the price?

I don't think that will catch on somehow.

inglisavhibs
22-12-2014, 03:41 PM
good post...

You don't make a lot of sense here,on one hand you say we would have to pay you to attend but if it was £15 for the Rangers game you might get interested again! Can i ask what games exactly you might get interested in?

Hibby Bairn
22-12-2014, 04:27 PM
If all season ticket holders didn't renew and waited to get in for £15 there would be no Hibs within two seasons.

Why don't they get that?

That is correct. But maybe this game would be an opportunity to get back lapsed fans with a "special offer" that might in turn mean they come back as half ST holders for the rest of the season.

Could just be a special offer to lapsed ST holders of which I am sure there must be thousands.

marinello59
22-12-2014, 04:33 PM
That is correct. But maybe this game would be an opportunity to get back lapsed fans with a "special offer" that might in turn mean they come back as half ST holders for the rest of the season.

Could just be a special offer to lapsed ST holders of which I am sure there must be thousands.

After somebody gets something really cheap it is very difficult to convert that in to a full price sale afterwards. I would hazard a guess that price is not the main reason lapsed season ticket holders don't come back.

CallumLaidlaw

The half season ticket offer meant that the Rangers game was basically free ;-)

itslegaltender
The "free ticket for a friend" idea that season ticket holders were able to distribute was good a couple of years ago, a pity they did not keep that up.

CallumLaidlaw
22-12-2014, 04:46 PM
The "free ticket for a friend" idea that season ticket holders were able to distribute was good a couple of years ago, a pity they did not keep that up.

They done it earlier this season.

Frazerbob
22-12-2014, 04:55 PM
If we were flying at the top of the league, winning 3 or 4 nil every week, we would have twice as many inside ER, regardless of the price. Whilst I think football in Scotland is relatively expensive, it's a convenient excuse.

green&left
22-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Lets have an ad hoc ticket pricing system so we can really **** our planned budgets.People spend far more in a pub without a second thought these days.

Comes down to value for money I guess for the individual cos lets face it with some of our home performances of late your more likely to have a more enjoyable afternoon at the pub than you are at Easter Road. Also comes down to if the individual feels they are being ripped off - which at £28 a ticket they are.

Dundee Utd v Celtic there was £22 & £25. Aberdeen v Celtic was £20, £24 & £28. All top 3 sides in the premier league pushing for the league and European spots. (I see Aberdeen also knock £2 of your ticket if you buy in advance). An extremely average Hibs side against a 3 year lower league club with no history in the first division somehow manages to cost £28. 64% price increase on our last fixture away to Raith and a 27% increase on our category b home games. Even the ****bos are cheaper for the same fixture with adult prices costing £23, £24 & £26 (with platinum also available at £30).

Mon Dieu4
22-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Just got a text from Hibs reminding me about this game, first time I've ever had that from them and good to see them moving with the times

libernian
22-12-2014, 06:39 PM

Are you real?

yeah that makes sense that its not fair on season ticket holders - agreed. but who knows maybe just a cheap (and good) game might get people who used to get the bug back again.

its not really even about the money half the time, its the brass neck of chairman in scotland (and elsewhere ripping people off).

fwiw, i live in england now so couldnt really attend regularly anyway but just saying..

Onceinawhile
22-12-2014, 07:53 PM
If we were flying at the top of the league, winning 3 or 4 nil every week, we would have twice as many inside ER, regardless of the price. Whilst I think football in Scotland is relatively expensive, it's a convenient excuse.

Of course that's true, we more or less sold out vs hearts at the start of this year but were nowhere near close when we drew 1-1.

People are more likely to spend the 28 quid if they think we will win and regardless of how mince rangers are we've been consistently inconsistent this season and people don't want to spend 28 quid at Christmas to be disappointed. Of course some people genuinely can't afford it and unfortunately given the price that's probably a higher amount than at 20 buck. But that's business.

Based on 4,000 rangers fans an 8 drop would see us needing another 1,600 sales just to break even and I doubt that would happen.

Crazyhorse
22-12-2014, 08:04 PM

Then you would be talking about a vastly different quality product. I don't really follow your argument about the price being a convenient excuse. In fact the flaw with your argument seems to be contained in that opening premise. Why is it such a surprise that people refuse to keep paying Mercedes prices for a Lada team?

lyonhibs
22-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Are you going to be able to buy them at the pods, or is that category B games only?

Or will I need to buy 1 and pick it up at the TO on the day?

Frazerbob
22-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Are you going to be able to buy them at the pods, or is that category B games only?

Buy online and opt for 'print at home'.

Hermit Crab
22-12-2014, 08:39 PM

You will not be able to buy at the pods as its database only. Print at home instead?

Frazerbob
22-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Then you would be talking about a vastly different quality product. I don't really follow your argument about the price being a convenient excuse. In fact the flaw with your argument seems to be contained in that opening premise. Why is it such a surprise that people refuse to keep paying Mercedes prices for a Lada team?

My point is, it's easy to support a winning team. Last time we were relegated, we kept the prices at Premier League levels as well yet once we got over the initial tough couple of games and started winning every week nobody mentioned ticket prices and crowds were excellent. Similar to Hearts this season. I don't think they are watching a 'vastly different quality of product', they just stole a march on us due to our squad not being in place for the start of the season. They hit the ground running, we didn't. Now I think there is very little between the teams yet they are getting 15k compared to our 7k whilst paying similar prices.

People are choosing not to go for various reasons. Most of my crowd who aren't going are just scunnered from the last few years rather than cost but cost is the easy reason to trot out.

Green Fish
22-12-2014, 08:54 PM

Ticket office open at 10am on sarurday, need to be on database tho

lyonhibs
22-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Ticket office open at 10am on sarurday, need to be on database tho

Indeed I am thankfully. All going well I get in from Glasgow, having started the day near Oban, at about 11.50. It'll be a rapid taxi ride, and any ideas re: luggage storage options as I'll have a suitcase on wheels with me.

Presumably there must be a "Supporter relations" or similar person at the club, although how much they'll be checking their e-mails at this time of year remains doubtful I guess!.

Crazyhorse
22-12-2014, 10:45 PM
My point is, it's easy to support a winning team. Last time we were relegated, we kept the prices at Premier League levels as well yet once we got over the initial tough couple of games and started winning every week nobody mentioned ticket prices and crowds were excellent. Similar to Hearts this season. I don't think they are watching a 'vastly different quality of product', they just stole a march on us due to our squad not being in place for the start of the season. They hit the ground running, we didn't. Now I think there is very little between the teams yet they are getting 15k compared to our 7k whilst paying similar prices.

People are choosing not to go for various reasons. Most of my crowd who aren't going are just scunnered from the last few years rather than cost but cost is the easy reason to trot out.

I agree people aren't going for a number of reasons. But that team you refer to last time we were in Div 2 were well worth paying to go and see. The quality was exceptional compared to the current product. Personally I was loath to complain when watching a team led by Sauzee, Latapy etc were entertaining me every week. Also if a team have been poor for years they lose support (not like normal customers who buy a different product - but people just stop going to any football in Scotland). A long period of ownership/management by remote/incompetent people has taken its toll. Fans may still turn out for a one off game but I think the current regime has eroded the support base to a degree they don't understand.

KeithTheHibby
23-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Comes down to value for money I guess for the individual cos lets face it with some of our home performances of late your more likely to have a more enjoyable afternoon at the pub than you are at Easter Road. Also comes down to if the individual feels they are being ripped off - which at £28 a ticket they are.

Dundee Utd v Celtic there was £22 & £25. Aberdeen v Celtic was £20, £24 & £28. All top 3 sides in the premier league pushing for the league and European spots. (I see Aberdeen also knock £2 of your ticket if you buy in advance). An extremely average Hibs side against a 3 year lower league club with no history in the first division somehow manages to cost £28. 64% price increase on our last fixture away to Raith and a 27% increase on our category b home games. Even the ****bos are cheaper for the same fixture with adult prices costing £23, £24 & £26 (with platinum also available at £30).

Says it all really as to why people won't shell out for this weekends match.

flash
23-12-2014, 09:38 AM

"A more enjoyable afternoon in the pub". "An extremely average Hibs side".

I remember when it used to be Hertz fans' job to abuse Hibernian. Nowadays you just have to log in here.

Onion
23-12-2014, 10:32 AM

Last time the Board talked positively about a "great adventure" and backed that with some of the best signings we've seen at Hibs in 40 years. Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu were all more than worth the Prem prices and gave us some great memories. The difference between then and now is vast.

bobbyhibs1983
23-12-2014, 10:33 AM

Im sorry but I do not agree with your post.If like you said we were top of the league winning 3-4 nil every week and the price was £500 a ticket(say £15000 for a season ticket) would you still believe your point we d have twice as many inside er *regardless of the price*?

inglisavhibs
23-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Last time the Board talked positively about a "great adventure" and backed that with some of the best signings we've seen at Hibs in 40 years. Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu were all more than worth the Prem prices and gave us some great memories. The difference between then and now is vast.
Yes and put us in huge debt which we were lucky enough to sell our way out of. If we had £6k per week to hand out we could have that standard of player again but we can't. Get real, you either support Hibs,warts and all or you come along when things are all nice and rosy. A lot of the latter on here.

Lee Marvin
23-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Im sorry but I do not agree with your post.If like you said we were top of the league winning 3-4 nil every week and the price was £500 a ticket(say £15000 for a season ticket) would you still believe your point we d have twice as many inside er *regardless of the price*?

Yes, I'm sure he does think that!! Haha.

Come on, that is hardly adding to the discussion. He was clearly meaning the same prices as now. Fwiw, I agree with him to an extent, but probably not twice as many.

Hearts are nearly getting double the amount of punters as us but their prices are considerably cheaper.

gegs70
23-12-2014, 10:52 AM
£28 for a cat a game in the championship, kick off is at 12:15? It's on TV and it's just after Xmas? Hopefully they get a decent crowd but I think the ticket pricing is too high. Especially kids tickets under 5s should be free....etc.

We really do price people away from ER the fact that we haven't played well for a number of season has made it easier for supporters to stay away and they will be difficult to encourage back longterm!

ano hibby
23-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Frankly I'd rather whingers stayed away anyway, first misplaced pass by Craig, they just start booing anyway.
Doesn't matter the division for this game, it's still Hibs Rangers. Bring it on.

bobbyhibs1983
23-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Yes, I'm sure he does think that!! Haha.

Come on, that is hardly adding to the discussion. He was clearly meaning the same prices as now. Fwiw, I agree with him to an extent, but probably not twice as many.

Hearts are nearly getting double the amount of punters as us but their prices are considerably cheaper.

ye to be fair i was only half joking but i think thats the point i feel is price IS a factor.

as for your point regarding hearts i think the difference between us and them is they were organised.Ok they sorta KNEW there were down andm maybe planned better for it, but didn't they geta new manager prehaps 2-3 weeks BEFORE us.?

I do not feel we are worse than them off the pitch as some people make out imo

FranckSuzy
23-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Frankly I'd rather whingers stayed away anyway, first misplaced pass by Craig, they just start booing anyway.
Doesn't matter the division for this game, it's still Hibs Rangers. Bring it on.

It is expensive, especially at this time of year, but I totally agree with this statement :aok:

Stuarty27
23-12-2014, 11:18 AM
It's quite simply the biggest game of our season....

Win and we have the momentum going into Hearts game and I think we will catch Rangers and finish 2nd.

Get beat and we could struggle.

Granted the prices are high but what else you gonna do, sit in and listen to the Mrs again for another day....

It's Rangers we are playing for the first time in years no Alloa or Dumbarton, beating Rangers just after Xmas with a great atmosphere, I don't think you can put a price on that...

gegs70
23-12-2014, 11:20 AM
It is expensive, especially at this time of year, but I totally agree with this statement :aok:

Let's face it they are not great and we have a great chance of geting 3 points here???

FranckSuzy
23-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Let's face it they are not great and we have a great chance of geting 3 points here???

That's the spirit G :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
23-12-2014, 11:35 AM
It's quite simply the biggest game of our season....

Win and we have the momentum going into Hearts game and I think we will catch Rangers and finish 2nd.

Get beat and we could struggle.

Granted the prices are high but what else you gonna do, sit in and listen to the Mrs again for another day....

It's Rangers we are playing for the first time in years no Alloa or Dumbarton, beating Rangers just after Xmas with a great atmosphere, I don't think you can put a price on that...

Totally agree massive especially on a day alot of people will be looking to get out and do something given the over indulgence of the previous 2 days. Personally think we have a cracking chance though wont be easy at all.

As you say a decent result and we go onto the Hearts game on the back of a good run.

marinello59
23-12-2014, 11:35 AM
£28 for a cat a game in the championship, kick off is at 12:15? It's on TV and it's just after Xmas? Hopefully they get a decent crowd but I think the ticket pricing is too high. Especially kids tickets under 5s should be free....etc.

We really do price people away from ER the fact that we haven't played well for a number of season has made it easier for supporters to stay away and they will be difficult to encourage back longterm!

If we beat them, and we have a really good chance of doing it, then £28 will feel like a bargain.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Pay the £28! :greengrin

HappyAsHellas
23-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Couldn't make Raith last week so really looking forward to humping the huns at home. Perfect christmas present and a steal at £28, get yours now.

KeithTheHibby
23-12-2014, 01:10 PM
ye to be fair i was only half joking but i think thats the point i feel is price IS a factor.

as for your point regarding hearts i think the difference between us and them is they were organised.Ok they sorta KNEW there were down andm maybe planned better for it, but didn't they geta new manager prehaps 2-3 weeks BEFORE us.?

I do not feel we are worse than them off the pitch as some people make out imo

It may have only been official come the end of the season however Levein and Budge had been in talks for months about Neilson getting the job. So much was already in place for them to kick on. The only person who didn't know was Locke.

bobbyhibs1983
23-12-2014, 01:51 PM
It may have only been official come the end of the season however Levein and Budge had been in talks for months about Neilson getting the job. So much was already in place for them to kick on. The only person who didn't know was Locke.

ye fair enough, I guwess my point in a roundabout way was how fast they acted sorta thing whilst we didn't we waited and waited and waited,(thus losing time n stuff) and bang pre seaon has started(or there abouts) and we sack our manager, and wait, and get dis organised sorta thing.(sorry its not what this thread is about though)

tamig
23-12-2014, 02:05 PM
ye fair enough, I guwess my point in a roundabout way was how fast they acted sorta thing whilst we didn't we waited and waited and waited,(thus losing time n stuff) and bang pre seaon has started(or there abouts) and we sack our manager, and wait, and get dis organised sorta thing.(sorry its not what this thread is about though)

The late arrival of LD didn't help our situation.

Geo_1875
23-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Pay the £28! :greengrin

I'll just use my season ticket if that's alright with you.

California-Hibs
23-12-2014, 03:14 PM
As others have said, it's 28 quid here we're talking about.....28 quid! People will spend that in a pub, on a meal etc easy! This is Hibs and Rangers. If we're winning the game 3-0 (our usual against that lot) there will be no other place you'd rather be than Easter Road!

You can't say it's too high and not worth the money, until the game unfolds and comes to an end, and believe me, you won't see a single thread complaining about the 28 pound after we beat them on Saturday!

Stop being tight. Get yourself along to Easter Road!

Peevemor
23-12-2014, 03:21 PM
As others have said, it's 28 quid here we're talking about.....28 quid! People will spend that in a pub, on a meal etc easy! This is Hibs and Rangers. If we're winning the game 3-0 (our usual against that lot) there will be no other place you'd rather be than Easter Road!

You can't say it's too high and not worth the money, until the game unfolds and comes to an end, and believe me, you won't see a single thread complaining about the 28 pound after we beat them on Saturday!

Unfortunately that's not the case for everyone. I have no doubt that some people are priced out of attending matches - and not only at ER.

Billy Whizz
23-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Had a quick look at the dots. Looking like around 3,600 or seats still available in the Hibs end, exc the hospitality area in the West stand. Looking at arou d 15,000 inc Rangers as its stands today

Hibernian Verse
23-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Spot on Sean. Breaking news.......the other 2 home games against Rangers and yams will also be £28. Get the excuses in now. Easter, Mother's Day

Alternatively people could buy half season tickets to bring the average cost down and help funds for the January transfer window

It's much easier to sit behind your keyboard with a can of Dragonsoup and button bash.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-12-2014, 04:56 PM
I'll just use my season ticket if that's alright with you.

Nope thats not ok!

emerald green
23-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I was wondering what the crowd might be at ER for this match if the weather was fair and it was £10 for walk ups?

This is purely a hypothetical question. I know it's far too late to do this now, and there will be all sorts of reasons why it can't happen bla bla bla. But I'm just surmising there would maybe be fairly close to a full house?

Keith_M
23-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I was wondering what the crowd might be at ER for this match if the weather was fair and it was £10 for walk ups?

This is purely a hypothetical question. I know it's far too late to do this now, and there will be all sorts of reasons why it can't happen bla bla bla. But I'm just surmising there would maybe be fairly close to a full house?

I was wondering what the crowd might be if the game was played in Majorca and STF paid for everybody's flights and accomodation.

emerald green
23-12-2014, 05:28 PM
I was wondering what the crowd might be if the game was played in Majorca and STF paid for everybody's flights and accomodation.

At least 400,000. :greengrin

Keith_M
23-12-2014, 05:29 PM
At least 400,000. :greengrin

Steady on, we're no Hearts ya know!

emerald green
23-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Steady on, we're no Hearts ya know!

I'll always be so glad of that. :aok:

Alfred E Newman
23-12-2014, 08:02 PM
For what it's worth , I think £28 is too much given our current situation and if I didn't have a season I might think twice . However, as somebody else pointed out its easy to come out and support your team when you are winning most weeks not so when your team is struggling. You could argue that this is one of the most difficult times in the clubs history and it is at times like this that the club needs the backing of its supporters more than ever.
My message is , if you are genuinely a Hibs supporter and you can afford it get out and buy a ticket for Saturday and get behind the team.

Swedish hibee
23-12-2014, 08:12 PM
See you Saturday. Can't wait, first game in ages :thumbsup:EXCITED!!!!!!!! :scarf:

macd123
24-12-2014, 05:22 AM
For what it's worth , I think £28 is too much given our current situation and if I didn't have a season I might think twice . However, as somebody else pointed out its easy to come out and support your team when you are winning most weeks not so when your team is struggling. You could argue that this is one of the most difficult times in the clubs history and it is at times like this that the club needs the backing of its supporters more than ever.
My message is , if you are genuinely a Hibs supporter and you can afford it get out and buy a ticket for Saturday and get behind the team.

That's true but going to games is definitely a habit and we probably all know folk who used to be regulars but haven't been for years. The 28 quid will stop people coming back and will make people think twice about walking up on the day.
Lets just hope it's as fun as the last trip to ibrox.

RoscoHibby
24-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Just got myself 2 tickets, east filling up nicely.

Get along if you can people, get it right round these cream buns!

Buzzing for it!

lucky
24-12-2014, 08:13 AM
It's easy to break the habit last season there 9 of with STs now there are 5. Of the other 2 have not been back at 1 once and the other 3 times. These were guys who were at every home game and went away. But they say they don't miss it. Until we have a winning team fans are not coming back. But on the ticket price Saturday's match is the most expensive in Scotland over Xmas followed by Hearts game at New Year. Clearly football in Edinburgh is way overpriced

Leith Green
24-12-2014, 08:30 AM
It's easy to break the habit last season there 9 of with STs now there are 5. Of the other 2 have not been back at 1 once and the other 3 times. These were guys who were at every home game and went away. But they say they don't miss it. Until we have a winning team fans are not coming back. But on the ticket price Saturday's match is the most expensive in Scotland over Xmas followed by Hearts game at New Year. Clearly football in Edinburgh is way overpriced

I agree that football is overpriced, i do think its an easy excuse for some though.. I personally think that over the course of the season the ticket prices are a joke, especially given the standard of football. I do however feel that fans should be turning up in numbers for these games (hearts and rangers at easter road) if you look through attendances through our history these games have always had far bigger attendances than the other league matches.. It would be great if a lot of the support (who understandably) dont go every week now made the effort for the big games, it really does make a difference seeing easter road full and rocking..

JimBHibees
24-12-2014, 08:36 AM
I agree that football is overpriced, i do think its an easy excuse for some though.. I personally think that over the course of the season the ticket prices are a joke, especially given the standard of football. I do however feel that fans should be turning up in numbers for these games (hearts and rangers at easter road) if you look through attendances through our history these games have always had far bigger attendances than the other league matches.. It would be great if a lot of the support (who understandably) dont go every week now made the effort for the big games, it really does make a difference seeing easter road full and rocking..

Couldn't agree more especially at holiday times when sometimes folk are looking to get away from family for a few hours. :greengrin

hibbychick1
24-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Big games need a big support ! the extra man and the pull through that the atmosphere and intensity gives the players, the encouragement to work hard and commit to pull or drive through to get a result....never underestimate how influential good support can be.

I totally get some fans disillusionment, but can anyone sitting on the fence undecided or even saying no, get your true hibby head on and get down to this match on Saturday ...I personally think it will be a cracker ....with loads happening and that we have what it takes to get the result we need.

Let's not have the Huns singing to us what we sing to so many " what a shi$ey home support" let's help the players make OUR HOME rock !!!!!!

The Godfather
24-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Travelling up from Manchester for the game. Planned my whole festive break around getting up for this game, even gave up my ticket for the United vs Newcastle game the day before so the wife couldn't moan about two games in two day 😉

Cropley10
24-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Well said Sean!

Looking forward to it already and have some family and friends going too.

Actually think the KO time is decent in that means less hanging around in the morning and it's all over by 3pm leaving the rest of the day to celebrate:flag:

wills
24-12-2014, 12:47 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=83

take a look for yourself.

They have one spare seat in the dugout

silverhibee
24-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Just got a text from Hibs reminding me about this game, first time I've ever had that from them and good to see them moving with the times

Snap. :flag:

silverhibee
24-12-2014, 12:59 PM
You will not be able to buy at the pods as its database only. Print at home instead?

what if you can't print at home, any idea what time ticket office is open until today folks, if i can't make it today to TO when other chance can i buy tickets before the game. :aok:

silverhibee
24-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Are you making it.

Hamish
24-12-2014, 01:07 PM
what if you can't print at home, any idea what time ticket office is open until today folks, if i can't make it today to TO when other chance can i buy tickets before the game. :aok:

Says they closed at 1pm, but will be open at 10am on Saturday.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5026

Billy Whizz
24-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Just buy online and choose the option to pick up from Hibs

Sir David Gray
24-12-2014, 01:10 PM

You can buy tickets at the ticket office on Saturday between 10am and kick off at 12:15pm.

silverhibee
24-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Says they closed at 1pm, but will be open at 10am on Saturday.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5026

You can buy tickets at the ticket office on Saturday between 10am and kick off at 12:15pm.

Cheers folks, will get them at ER on Saturday about 10.30. Ta. :aok:

Billy Whizz
24-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Cheers folks, will get them at ER on Saturday about 10.30. Ta. :aok:

What are you planning to do between 10.30 and 12.15?

FranckSuzy
24-12-2014, 01:58 PM

Buy them online, get *L to send on the email to me and I'll print it off here for you and bring them on Sat :aok:

*I assume you don't know how to do that..? :tee hee:

Hermit Crab
24-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Email the link to someone who can print it?

seanshow
24-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Anybody got ideas about this one, I bought a season ticket online on Sunday was to be delivered 1st class but still hasn't arrived, now unlikely to arrive until 27th at the earliest :cb.

Ticket office is shut and no email response until the 27th, am I donald ducked for Saturday.

Pretty Boy
24-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Anybody got ideas about this one, I bought a season ticket online on Sunday was to be delivered 1st class but still hasn't arrived, now unlikely to arrive until 27th at the earliest :cb.

Ticket office is shut and no email response until the 27th, am I donald ducked for Saturday.

If you bought the ST online then log in to your account and note down your client ref number. Take that to the TO and explain the situation. They will either issue you a ticket for the game FOC or you will be able to buy one and claim the money back afterwards.

seanshow
24-12-2014, 05:06 PM
If you bought the ST online then log in to your account and note down your client ref number. Take that to the TO and explain the situation. They will either issue you a ticket for the game FOC or you will be able to buy one and claim the money back afterwards.

sounds good to me, if it doesn't arrive very early on the 27th, I'll print out the receipt with membership number, cheers.

Lago
24-12-2014, 05:09 PM
You should work for Hibs, your customer service is impeccable.

AlbertK86
24-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Anybody else having problems getting tickets online

Every time I purchase tickets it comes back saying unexpected error return to ticket home

Tried two different accounts and changed the seats but still knocking me back with error

Billy Whizz
24-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Anybody else having problems getting tickets online

Every time I purchase tickets it comes back saying unexpected error return to ticket home

Tried two different accounts and changed the seats but still knocking me back with error

Try doing it again with a different block. They may have put aside tickets for sales on the day

AlbertK86
24-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Try doing it again with a different block. They may have put aside tickets for sales on the day

Ok will give that a try

Billy Whizz
24-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Ok will give that a try

I logged on to have a look, and could hit tickets in one block, but not another. How many are you buying

Godsahibby
24-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Just got a ticket online for a non Hibs supporting mate who's wanting to go on Saturday

AlbertK86
24-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I logged on to have a look, and could hit tickets in one block, but not another. How many are you buying

Billy cheers mate. Eventually got the 3 I was after once I came off Google chrome and went in through the normal internet explorer

Not sure if chrome was the issue or just that it righted itself

Anyway tickets secured and buzzin for a Hibees victory

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
24-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Billy cheers mate. Eventually got the 3 I was after once I came off Google chrome and went in through the normal internet explorer

Not sure if chrome was the issue or just that it righted itself

Anyway tickets secured and buzzin for a Hibees victory

GGTTH

Great news

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Any know how many sold to date?

iwasthere1972
24-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Hibs. :aok:

silverhibee
25-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Buy them online, get *L to send on the email to me and I'll print it off here for you and bring them on Sat :aok:

*I assume you don't know how to do that..? :tee hee:

Erm No. :greengrin

silverhibee
25-12-2014, 01:55 AM
What are you planning to do between 10.30 and 12.15?

Drink. :greengrin

silverhibee
25-12-2014, 01:57 AM

NOLA
25-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm guessing there will be a minutes silence before the game, seeing as it's a Glasgow team we're playing

southsider
25-12-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm guessing there will be a minutes silence before the game, seeing as it's a Glasgow team we're playing
I hope so and a chance for our clubs fans to show the world the tradition of respect for others our club was founded on. RIP George Sq.

whiskyhibby
25-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Just heard that a friend and 3 mates have bought tickets for the East, looks like the crowd is building nicely [emoji4]

seanshow
26-12-2014, 12:15 AM
As of midnight 25th Dec tickets sold = 16664 ....surely with christmas money we can get a few more down to Easter road :greengrin

California-Hibs
26-12-2014, 12:24 AM
As of midnight 25th Dec tickets sold = 16664 ....surely with christmas money we can get a few more down to Easter road :greengrin

Wow, if that's accurate then we're looking at a crowd of 17-18,000. Very decent. Let's keep the tickets sales going and help inspire the lads to a big win!

Merry Christmas Hibees!

dmc1875
26-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Some of my rangers supporting mates are v confident about this Saturday. Not sure why... I honestly believe we are man for man a better team. Maybe I'm over confident..haha

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2014, 01:40 AM

Fantastic effort if so.

SteveHFC
26-12-2014, 01:49 AM
http://forum.rangers...pic=277358&st=0 (http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=277358&st=0)

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

This must be the turning point of our season. Its unthinkable to lose this. 2-1 win ..

:cb

macca70
26-12-2014, 09:41 AM

I bought 1 online a couple of weeks ago and selected 1st class post.

After 10 days it wasn't here so phoned them up and it was sitting in the ticket office waiting to be picked up so went in to get it Chrimbo Eve.

So chances are its still in the ticket office as they have to make them up and if it's been busy this might take a few days.

If you don't get it, I'm sure the Ticket Office will accommodate some temporary solution for this game.

Stuarty27
26-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Host accurate is this?

SanFranHibs
26-12-2014, 12:14 PM

I have never purchased a ticket before

For Cat B games you will need to register an account with us. You can do this by clicking "Create Account" below

For Cat A games, it is not possible to purchase a ticket before you have bought and attended a Cat B home fixture, please contact the Ticket Office during office hours on 0844 844 1875 option 2

I can't buy some tickets for this game if I have not attended a CAT B game?

I will give them a call soon, I think.

seanshow
26-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Host accurate is this?

It won't be far off

Disclaimer

Using the website stadium plan.....I had had a few drinks when I counted the dots after everyone had gone to sleep :greengrin
It depends on every season ticket holder and all other ticket buyers turning up.
If anyone wants to count 3757 spots go ahead.( it'll be less now)

Stuarty27
26-12-2014, 01:59 PM
It won't be far off

Disclaimer

Using the website stadium plan.....I had had a few drinks when I counted the dots after everyone had gone to sleep :greengrin
It depends on every season ticket holder and all other ticket buyers turning up.

Haha love the disclaimer part 😄😄

If there was 17k there that would be a great crowd fir a 2nd tier game!?

Delboy4
26-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Me and the mates making a morning/day/night of it...come on the cabbage!

We'll be knocking on the Bank Hotel's door at 10am 🍺🍺😂😂🍺🍺

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
26-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Just printed another two off together in East so seems to be a fair few left even for there Thought today may see a lot of last minute business using print at home

Andy74
26-12-2014, 02:39 PM
It won't be far off

Disclaimer

A large amount of season tickets are kids ones. I know mine don't go to the bigger games and would expect that to be quite common.

Stuarty27
26-12-2014, 04:05 PM
First red section in the east....

Hermit Crab
26-12-2014, 04:08 PM
First red section in the east....

Good stuff. :aok:

portycabbage
26-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Anyone know if the Loch Inn is open yet? Tried google but first 2 results said "Crews tackle fire at Loch Inn Pub..." and "Drinker beaten with metal bucket as he is ejected".:tee hee:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Lets get this as close to as sell out as possible folks:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2014, 04:42 PM

The lights are on ...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2014, 04:48 PM

The lights are on ...

The games kicking off a day early? :greengrin

PatHead
26-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Anyone know if the Loch Inn is open yet? Tried google but first 2 results said "Crew's tackle fire at Loch Inn Pub..." and "Drinker beaten with metal bucket as he is ejected".:tee hee:

Still looked shut when I drove past last week.

Turkish Green
26-12-2014, 05:11 PM
I am looking forward to the game. I cannot see us losing. Especially if it is a full house.

Juice-Terry
26-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Four in Hand opens at 9.

Hibee-Bongo
26-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Trying to get tickets online just now and keep getting an unknown error, any ideas what to do?

Billy Whizz
26-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Trying to get tickets online just now and keep getting an unknown error, any ideas what to do?

Someone had a similar problem a couple of days ago. They changed from Google chrome to Internet explorer. Alternatively try another block

Hibee-Bongo
26-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Someone had a similar problem a couple of days ago. They changed from Google chrome to Internet explorer. Alternatively try another block

Yep that was it. Cheers very much :aok:

Jamesie
26-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Still looked shut when I drove past last week.

Yup, still closed as of Xmas Eve.

Jamesie
26-12-2014, 08:16 PM

The lights are on ...

They're still on just now too - will have cost a few bob to keep them running all day I would imagine!

Hermit Crab
26-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Maybe the groundsman making finishing touches.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Yep that was it. Cheers very much :aok:

Glad you're sorted

Billy Whizz
26-12-2014, 08:19 PM
They're still on just now too - will have cost a few bob to keep them running all day I would imagine!

Maybe the heat from the lights saves Petrie putting on the undersoil heating

silverhibee
26-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I will just be going to ticket office early to get my ticket, Happy days.

mutley
26-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Has anyone been bothered to try a dot count? I'm guessing about 17k tomorrow

Ronniekirk
26-12-2014, 09:51 PM
I will just be going to ticket office early to get my ticket, Happy days.

You starting the match day thread we need a win tomorrow

SteveHFC
26-12-2014, 09:52 PM

I'm doing it :agree:

Mr White
26-12-2014, 10:04 PM

http://itspronouncedlajaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dr-who-rain.gif

SteveHFC
26-12-2014, 10:12 PM
http://itspronouncedlajaway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dr-who-rain.gif

:greengrin

majorhibs
26-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Yes and put us in huge debt which we were lucky enough to sell our way out of. If we had £6k per week to hand out we could have that standard of player again but we can't. Get real, you either support Hibs,warts and all or you come along when things are all nice and rosy. A lot of the latter on here.

Right then Sherlock. Tell us all how genius Petrie managed to put a team with crowds @ 10k ? And all else involved, against teams with 4/5/6k attendences into the division below, AFTER we were "lucky" enough to have sold our way out of debt? This is Scottish Fitba we are talking here. & Petrie & people like you make a huge, massive escapade out of talking about how hard it is for a team like Hibs, not run by mad vlad or every spiv that wants a piece of the ex-huns, to be at least challenging for the effing 6/6 split in the top division. We are not there just now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Anyone able to put up a pic of the plan with the dots up? Or someone do a dot count :greengrin

Wont let me on the ticketing bit to see for myself!

inglisavhibs
26-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Right then Sherlock. Tell us all how genius Petrie managed to put a team with crowds @ 10k ? And all else involved, against teams with 4/5/6k attendences into the division below, AFTER we were "lucky" enough to have sold our way out of debt? This is Scottish Fitba we are talking here. & Petrie & people like you make a huge, massive escapade out of talking about how hard it is for a team like Hibs, not run by mad vlad or every spiv that wants a piece of the ex-huns, to be at least challenging for the effing 6/6 split in the top division. We are not there just now.
Puting words in my mouth mate. My only point was that the McLeish team was one a club of our size can't afford. We were not alone though as many teams overspent at that time. The standard of player attracted to Scottish clubs at that time was way above the level now and won't change anytime soon. None of that means Hibs should be where we are now and of course a club of HIbs size should be competing in the top league, but a succession of bad managers and boardroom decisions have left us where we are now. I have no idea why you think I am happy with our current predicament but I also think that staying away is not the answer. Stubbs is showing signs that he could be our first decent manager in a while and he needs our support to help Hibs get back to where we belong.

Ronniekirk
26-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Good luck :flag:

majorhibs
26-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Puting words in my mouth mate. My only point was that the McLeish team was one a club of our size can't afford. We were not alone though as many teams overspent at that time. The standard of player attracted to Scottish clubs at that time was way above the level now and won't change anytime soon. None of that means Hibs should be where we are now and of course a club of HIbs size should be competing in the top league, but a succession of bad managers and boardroom decisions have left us where we are now. I have no idea why you think I am happy with our current predicament but I also think that staying away is not the answer. Stubbs is showing signs that he could be our first decent manager in a while and he needs our support to help Hibs get back to where we belong.

Correct, Mcleish was a bit OTT & a let down at the end, but Petrie's mismanagement is off the scale. I am with you, got my mojo back, even at a couple of pre-seasons for the first time in a while, I like the potential with Stubbs as manager, I want to go see his teams play football, however as a Hibs fan of many years, I would feel more comfortable at ER if Petrie wasnt involved.

silverhibee
26-12-2014, 11:55 PM

Sure am Ronnie. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
26-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Sure am Ronnie. :thumbsup:

It's already up :greengrin

silverhibee
27-12-2014, 12:21 AM
It's already up :greengrin

Poor show Steve.

I would just delete it, after my good run, you need to le me start it.

Or else. :wink: :greengrin

hibs0666
27-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Has anyone been bothered to try a dot count? I'm guessing about 17k tomorrow

I make it around 15,500 tickets sold, excluding corporate hospitality and hangers-on.