PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BOARD NOMINATIONS UPDATE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RSS Bot
19-12-2014, 04:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5035)

There has been a positive response for the two supporter representative positions on the Hibernian FC Board of Directors with 17 candidates putting themselves forward for nomination.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SUPPORTERS’ PERSONAL PROFILES (http://hibernianconsultation.co.uk/nominations.html)

Originally 40 supporters had expressed an interest in the role by the preliminary deadline of November 21.

Those individuals were then given the opportunity to meet some of the current non-executive directors at one of three sessions at Easter Road, which allowed them to learn more about the roles and responsibilities associated with a Board position at the Club.

Now 17 supporters have decided to continue with the process, and fellow fans will have the opportunity to vote to decide, who is elected.

As with nominations, eligibility to vote will be restricted to supporters with a season ticket for one of seasons 2012/13, 2013/14 or 2014/15, or current shareholders*.

Further information on the voting process will be issued next week.

*as of Thursday 23rd October 2014, when the nomination process opened

Andy74
19-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Might get interesting!

TheReg!
19-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Any would be candidates post on here? I would be interested to know, also they could put more meat on the bones for their votes.

matty_f
19-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Nae admins??!!

Mikey
19-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Any would be candidates post on here? I would be interested to know, also they could put more meat on the bones for their votes.

There are a few names I recognise, although it's up to them whether they throw themselves to you lot :greengrin

Billy Whizz
19-12-2014, 05:28 PM
There are a few names I recognise, although it's up to them whether they throw themselves to you lot :greengrin

Its a pity they all don't have a picture on the website, so I can see if I know them

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Only recognise two names and wouldn't want either anywhere near the job.

Mr White
19-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Blazer chasers the lot of them :greengrin

Bostonhibby
19-12-2014, 05:30 PM

:agree:

marinello59
19-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Well done to them all for putting themselves forward. And good luck, they may well need it. :greengrin

H18S NX
19-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Only recognise two names and wouldn't want either anywhere near the job. Bet i can guess one of the two

Ronniekirk
19-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Very few have put up a photo so are face less but when you click on A moudgil Gordon Munro s face comes up again so someone favours him :rolleyes:

Andy74
19-12-2014, 05:49 PM

One or two I'd like to see explain some recent behaviour!

Smartie
19-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I know a couple of them. I'd be delighted to see them on board - decent, down to earth Hibs fans with no ulterior motives whatsoever. Obviously there are some well-known names on there albeit they are people I don't know.

How is this going to work? Are they to be voted for? And who by? Or are they just appointed by someone?

Ronniekirk
19-12-2014, 05:56 PM
I know a couple of them. I'd be delighted to see them on board - decent, down to earth Hibs fans with no ulterior motives whatsoever. Obviously there are some well-known names on there albeit they are people I don't know.

How is this going to work? Are they to be voted for? And who by? Or are they just appointed by someone?
Season ticket holders and shareholders get to vote Season ticket holder includes those that held one last year as well

TheReg!
19-12-2014, 05:57 PM

This is why they should come forward, if they want to get on the Board then they should be 100% transparent, it will say more to me than a few paragraphs talking about how long they have supported Hibs. This is just a forum but some people make some big bold statements about how we should be run, how we have been mismanaged etc etc on here. Id like to see them for what they are.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Bet i can guess one of the two

Well one of them i have seen first hand how he acted in his self interest, the other would struggle to make his mind up if asked if he wanted tea or coffee.

FranckSuzy
19-12-2014, 06:24 PM

Agreed

Mr White
19-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Well one of them i have seen first hand how he acted in his self interest, the other would struggle to make his mind up if asked if he wanted tea or coffee.

Name names dammit BH- that's the current admin policy on here right? :devil:

FranckSuzy
19-12-2014, 06:25 PM

:tee hee:

Bostonhibby
19-12-2014, 06:28 PM

Will certainly influence the 5 votes I will have access to

Jack
19-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Name names!

Carheenlea
19-12-2014, 06:55 PM
If posters have any concerns about any candidates I'd hope they would refer to them by name and give their reasons why rather than veiled comments.
The candidates have put themselves forward for nomination for what will in all likelihood be a thankless task representing the support as a whole,but are prepared to give up their time to do so.
Let's hear views on the candidates, good and bad, to give those of us with a vote some advice on where that vote should go.

Andy74
19-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Name names!

I'm just piecing things together. I think it's up to posters if they want their full names known. If you sign up for the process though my view is that you should front up about who you are on here.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm just piecing things together. I think it's up to posters if they want their full names known. If you sign up for the process though my view is that you should front up about who you are on here.
...which lays those people open to attack or otherwise on here forever, whether they're elected or not.

Can I suggest an alternative, which might be fairer on the candidates? Perhaps the site can set up a separate forum, and give the candidates accounts on there in their own names. That forum would be for the purpose of the election only, which would help us decide, whilst the candidates could protect their anonymity on the "rest" of the board.

If it's technically unfeasible, shoot me [emoji6]

Mikey
19-12-2014, 07:24 PM
...which lays those people open to attack or otherwise on here forever, whether they're elected or not.

Can I suggest an alternative, which might be fairer on the candidates? Perhaps the site can set up a separate forum, and give the candidates accounts on there in their own names. That forum would be for the purpose of the election only, which would help us decide, whilst the candidates could protect their anonymity on the "rest" of the board.

It's do-able, but wouldn't be fair on any who aren't online.

Plans are afoot for some sort of Q&A that all of them can take part in if they like.

Glorious St Pat
19-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I know a few on the list - one of them is a good mate of mine. Think Frank Dougan, Gordon Munro and Luz Linn could be in the running.

Hiber-nation
19-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Good luck Lewis!

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2014, 07:31 PM
It's do-able, but wouldn't be fair on any who aren't online.

Plans are afoot for some sort of Q&A that all of them can take part in if they like.
Cool. That would be good.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2014, 07:31 PM
I think at least 3 of those candidates are members on here, there's probably more.

It has to be up to them if they want to 'unmask' themselves. It's not really fair for other people to name them.

TheReg!
19-12-2014, 07:39 PM

Personally, like what Andy said, be up front and transparent, its a great opportunity for someone to give a good Hibs supporters balance at board level, if that means naming themselves on here then I'm all for it and it will go along way of gaining support of that said person. Also, i feel if you don't want to name yourself then why would you put your name forward for something like this? Its got to be the right person do do this.

Amit
19-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Very few have put up a photo so are face less but when you click on A moudgil Gordon Munro s face comes up again so someone favours him :rolleyes:

My photo will be up soon! I sent it across earlier today. I've also let Hibs know about the dodgy link! Apparently won't be fixed until Monday.

Happy to answer any questions!

Cheers,

Amit

Pretty Boy
19-12-2014, 07:56 PM
My photo will be up soon! I sent it across earlier today. I've also let Hibs know about the dodgy link! Apparently won't be fixed until Monday.

Cheers,

Amit

Promise to get the pies sorted and you have my vote!

matty_f
19-12-2014, 07:56 PM

Cheers,

Amit

:aok: Good luck Amit.

Jonnyboy
19-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Ditto

Glorious St Pat
19-12-2014, 08:08 PM
If we're a community club outsource the catering contract to several local bakers - Stories and Masons. I'm sure between them they could knock out a few thousand pies!

Ronniekirk
19-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Cheers,

Amit

Your welcome ,and thanks for being first candidate to identify yourself ,For Me Transparency is a must and engaging with support is key These are privileged if difficult positions to fill given where we currently are .Will think of questions to ask but first basic one is what motivated and inspired you to make an application in the first place

trev the hat
19-12-2014, 08:10 PM
If we're a community club outsource the catering contract to several local bakers - Stories and Masons. I'm sure between them they could knock out a few thousand pies!

Masons

You were nearly onto something 😄

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Promise to get the pies sorted and you have my vote!

Done! You'll need to volunteer as chief pie taster though, when we look at alternatives ;-)

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:17 PM

Cheers Matty

Bostonhibby
19-12-2014, 08:18 PM

:agree::thumbsup: Storey's man myself - long standing connections through the family. You'd get a pie made of pastry, meat, everything it should be really....................

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Ditto

Thanks Jonny. Not seen you in ages. Need to catch up soon!

ronaldo7
19-12-2014, 08:19 PM
This is why they should come forward, if they want to get on the Board then they should be 100% transparent, it will say more to me than a few paragraphs talking about how long they have supported Hibs. This is just a forum but some people make some big bold statements about how we should be run, how we have been mismanaged etc etc on here. Id like to see them for what they are.

:agree: I know of 4 who post on this forum. Let's be avin you:greengrin

greenlex
19-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Any of them bouncers:stirrer:

Pretty Boy
19-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Any of them bouncers:stirrer:

Boooooooooo

Pretty Boy
19-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Done! You'll need to volunteer as chief pie taster though, when we look at alternatives ;-)

I'll agree to that.

Good luck.

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:23 PM

Totally agree. We should do more to help local businesses. My dad used to own an off licence on Easter Road many moons ago (it was called Easter Road Wines & Spirits - it was 2 doors down from the Clydesdale Bank and opposite what used to be Capital, the frozen food place). I remember on match days, the shop would be heaving as supporters picked up their pre-match tipples ;-)

rcarter1
19-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I salute the brave souls those that put themselves forward! :agree:

Do the 2 successful candidates have any real influence in board decisions or are they there in an observation role? Is there any structure in place as to how they would liase with supporter groups? Do they have access to the full accounts and are they allowed to comment on them outside of official club statements?

Do they get free match tickets? :greengrin

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Your welcome ,and thanks for being first candidate to identify yourself ,For Me Transparency is a must and engaging with support is key These are privileged if difficult positions to fill given where we currently are .Will think of questions to ask but first basic one is what motivated and inspired you to make an application in the first place

Since 2007, the club has been in a downward spiral due to poor decisions at senior management level. Their connection to the support was virtually non-existent. As a club, over the last 7 years we have wasted the hard earned money of supporters who've blindly (through their love of the club) continued to put money in. There used to be 13 of us that sat together in the East, now there are only 3. We need to re-engage with lost supporters by having a trusted individual to represent their views at board level. This is the only way we can build trust between the life-blood of the club (the supporters) and those who run it.

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Do the 2 successful candidates have any real influence in board decisions or are they there in an observation role? Is there any structure in place as to how they would liase with supporter groups? Do they have access to the full accounts and are they allowed to comment on them outside of official club statements?

From what I learnt at the meeting with current non-execs is that the two successful candidates will be just as influential as the current board members in decisions being made. They will have just as much power to put across the fans views/opinions. Not an observation role.

In terms of communication, it is up to the two successful candidates to mould and shape this. The club will support them on this.

As a non-exe director of the board, you still have to adhere to confidentiality rules. Therefore, material information cannot be disclosed ahead of it being made available to the public. Although, I'll look to communicate as much as possible within the rules.

Free match tickets - I believe so! :-)

Jonnyboy
19-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks Jonny. Not seen you in ages. Need to catch up soon!

Indeed. We can talk about Hibs :greengrin

Brooster
19-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I would be interested to know how many of the candidates follow Hibs home and away. For me that is essential criteria for any fans representative.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2014, 08:55 PM
I would be interested to know how many of the candidates follow Hibs home and away. For me that is essential criteria for any fans representative.

Noy wanting to answer on anyones behalf but....

I'd say given the criteria for nomination that attending home games is as good as a given. Away games is trickier. It's hard to establish how regular an attendee someone is at away games so it couldn't really be made an official criteria. It's also narrowing down a talent pool of several thousand who attend home games to, let's be honest, about 5 or 6 hundred who attend away game regularly. I attend every home game but away games are a bit more of a 'when I can' for me. It wasn't always that way but priorities change. I accept there are others who are more committed but I wouldn't exclude someone based on patchy away attendance.

I'm not a candidate btw.

Amit
19-12-2014, 08:58 PM

Hi Brooster. I'm a season ticket holder and rarely miss a home game. I was in Dublin last Friday for an xmas night out (arrived at 7pm), flew back Saturday afternoon and made it in time for kick off (with a little help from my friend who had the car running!).

I don't get to as many away games as I used to but me and my friends still arrange away trips when we can get a large enough group. I'll be at the Raith game tomorrow.

For what it's worth, the successful candidates would need to represent the club at both home and away games.

rcarter1
19-12-2014, 09:02 PM
From what I learnt at the meeting with current non-execs is that the two successful candidates will be just as influential as the current board members in decisions being made. They will have just as much power to put across the fans views/opinions. Not an observation role.

In terms of communication, it is up to the two successful candidates to mould and shape this. The club will support them on this.

As a non-exe director of the board, you still have to adhere to confidentiality rules. Therefore, material information cannot be disclosed ahead of it being made available to the public. Although, I'll look to communicate as much as possible within the rules.

Free match tickets - I believe so! :-)

Thanks for the information! These roles carry more weight than I had previously imagined. Whoever wins, good luck!

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Did you attend the Petrie out rally Amit, how do you feel on these groups that are attempting to buy the club?

Good luck and well done for putting yourself forward. :top marks

Brooster
19-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Just my opinion of course but I think the successful candidates need to be regulars home and away, mixing with the core support and having a real grip on the pressing issues amongst the support. There's certainly a few on the list who fit the bill in that respect who would be excellent representatives.

Amit
19-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Did you attend the Petrie out rally Amit, how do you feel on these groups that are attempting to buy the club?

Good luck and well done for putting yourself forward. :top marks

Hey BH. I did not attend the Petrie Out campaign. However, change is needed and we need to pull together in the same direction to find a suitable solution or "ownership-model" for the club.

The number of groups trying to buy the club shows just how fragmented our support is. Each will have their merits but personally I would like to see us all pull in the same direction and find a solution we are all comfortable with.

Hope that helps.

Billy Whizz
19-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Just my opinion of course but I think the successful candidates need to be regulars home and away, mixing with the core support and having a real grip on the pressing issues amongst the support. There's certainly a few on the list who fit the bill in that respect who would be excellent representatives.

Brooster, Pretty boy is right in the fact that it reduces the talent pool, as there is only 500/600 or so die hards, who go home and away. If chosen they will have to go and home and away, so they will have to up their Hibs commitment, if they don't already do so. I want the successful candidate to be a great Hibs supporter, and able to influence others in the boardroom. Step forward that candidate!

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Hey BH. I did not attend the Petrie Out campaign. However, change is needed and we need to pull together in the same direction to find a suitable solution or "ownership-model" for the club.

The number of groups trying to buy the club shows just how fragmented our support is. Each will have their merits but personally I would like to see us all pull in the same direction and find a solution we are all comfortable with.

Hope that helps.

:aok: Good luck. :thumbsup:

Amit
19-12-2014, 09:23 PM

Mixing with the wider support is crucial. And i do agree there is a hardcore that go to away games, this evident as you see the same faces every time we are playing away. I've caught up with guys i haven't seen in ages when going to away games.

Amit
19-12-2014, 09:26 PM
:aok: Good luck. :thumbsup:

Cheers BH

PatHead
19-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I have put myself forward - Kevin Martin - had mentioned it on the pm board a few weeks ago

My personal statement is as below to save you looking it up :-

I believe in supporter representation on the board and that due to my experience I believe am capable of representing the supporter’s views and helping Hibs achieve those goals. Like all Hibs Supporters I want to see our club where it belongs at the top end of the League and in Cup Finals and will work as hard as possible to help us get there.

I am a member of St Pat’s Supporters Club, Hibs.net and Hibees Bounce which I believe are excellent ways of communicating with supporters but also believe in more traditional methods of communication such as newsletters and meetings. I am well aware that not all supporters are members of these forums and it is important that all supporters have a voice.

As part of this objective I would hope to work closely with my co-nominee and between us hold surgeries in the Hibs Club or Behind the Goals on matchdays as well as having open evenings on a regular basis. I will continue my work with Working Together.

I believe in a percentage of supporter ownership to protect the club from unscrupulous owners that have been seen in other clubs both locally and nationally. I am not in favour of complete fan ownership but initially would like to see 25.1% of the club owned by supporters.

I also believe that the Club should further engage with our local community for our mutual benefit.

Over the past two and a half years I have been actively involved with Working Together and this season have been responsible for the Pat Stanton match, the 1914 Commemoration and the Season Ticket Telephone Calls reminders. However, my main success has been to develop the system for the School Ticket scheme and I have been responsible for offering and allocating over 2,500 tickets to every state school in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian. This has involved a large amount of my personal time which proves I am willing to work for the benefit of the club and am going into this commitment with my eyes wide open. I will make the time available for this to work.

All the work I have done has allowed me to build relationships with Supporters, Staff and Management at the Club and the Community Foundation and has given me insight into the workings of the club. This should help me to make an immediate impact in presenting supporters views from an equal footing.

At Leeann Dempster’s first meeting with the club supporters I am quoted as telling her she would have to “Walk the Walk not just Talk the Talk” which shows I will not just lie down and accept things at face value. Equally I have praised the club for actions they have recently taken under her leadership and believe in a strong, respectful working relationship.

On a personal note I am married to Eileen with 4 grown up children and from East Edinburgh where I was schooled. For the past 25 years have stayed in Midlothian and have been a season ticket holder for more years than I can remember.

I have spent my entire career in Financial Services and have been an Independent Financial Adviser based in Leith for the last 15 years. This means I am capable of analysing figures, reading and preparing reports, understanding accounts and appreciate the workings of boards and businesses in general.

I would be grateful if you would vote for me.

Happy to answer questions

silverhibee
19-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Glad i have kept my name a secret.

SteveHFC
19-12-2014, 09:34 PM

:greengrin

HH81
19-12-2014, 09:41 PM

I can't see it working out with that ground ban :greengrin

Ronniekirk
19-12-2014, 09:45 PM

I knew your comment about wearing steelies ,and looking out the baseball bat ,and taking sides was your way of announcing your nominatin and looking for votes :agree:

Billy Whizz
19-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Don't see your name on it Deeks

scoopyboy
19-12-2014, 09:52 PM
I have read through all seventeen personal statements and am delighted with the candidates.

A couple of points I would like to see addressed,

1. Pictures of all candidates

2. A bit of a cheeky one, what is their user name if they post on here :greengrin

PatHead
19-12-2014, 09:56 PM
I have read through all seventeen personal statements and am delighted with the candidates.

2. A bit of a cheeky one, what is their user name if they post on here :greengrin

Don't know if you would want to see a picture of me. Would give your children nightmares!

scoopyboy
19-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Don't know if you would want to see a picture of me. Would give your children nightmares!

The reason I raised it was I (and many others who will be voting) would be interested to see if I recognise the candidates.

It could well be the case I have spoken to him / her on numerous occasions but haven't ever got to know their names.

Amit
19-12-2014, 10:03 PM

I'm half way there! Hopefully have my pic uploaded on Monday.

silverhibee
19-12-2014, 10:09 PM
I knew your comment about wearing steelies ,and looking out the baseball bat ,and taking sides was your way of announcing your nominatin and looking for votes :agree:

They will love me in the boardroom, i intend to wear my bulletproof vest when boardroom meetings take place, assassins at work Ronnie, i will take my chances.

Taliban seem to be on my side, i think. :greengrin

silverhibee
19-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Don't see your name on it Deeks

http://www.scotzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Riordan.jpg

silverhibee
19-12-2014, 10:12 PM
The reason I raised it was I (and many others who will be voting) would be interested to see if I recognise the candidates.

It could well be the case I have spoken to him / her on numerous occasions but haven't ever got to know their names.

And thought they were dodgy. :tee hee:

col02
19-12-2014, 10:12 PM
For me there are three candidates that stand out. Robert Johnston, who having been an SFA referee and also board member is one who caught my eye. George Henry, who is in charge of a budget akin to that of Hibernians one and also looks to be good at communicating going by his introduction. I also like the passion and action points set out by Andrew Jeffrey. I think it will be a hard choice as there are other good candidates in amongst the 17. As a humble supporter I wish each and every nomination the best of luck as they are all focused on helping take the club forward.

scoopyboy
19-12-2014, 10:22 PM
And thought they were dodgy. :tee hee:

Silv, you've just sold the bloody jerseys. :wink:

silverhibee
19-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Silv, you've just sold the bloody jerseys. :wink:

Oops :greengrin

They will have to show there faces at some point, i ain't voting for someone i can't see.

hibbymick
19-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Do they lose points for spelling mistakes, someones meant to be well educated but cannot spell for Tofy.

Bishop Hibee
19-12-2014, 10:36 PM

True. Think of the children! I've spent a fortune in therapy myself :greengrin

scoopyboy
19-12-2014, 10:45 PM
A difficult thing for me in this is I know a couple of the candidates and speak to them regularly, its therefore hard to compare them to people I don't know.

Leithenhibby
19-12-2014, 10:59 PM

And now expects the shareholders and season ticket fans to vote for them....... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Amit

Good luck, Amit, I like your style :aok:

Amit
19-12-2014, 11:08 PM
And now expects the shareholders and season ticket fans to vote for them....... :rolleyes:

Thanks Leithenhibby :-)

Mr White
19-12-2014, 11:08 PM

:agree: +1
Good luck

Amit
19-12-2014, 11:11 PM
:agree: +1
Good luck

Cheers!

P.S. I'm on the last series of Breaking Bad. It's brilliant!

Peevemor
19-12-2014, 11:38 PM

Ditto.

Purple & Green
19-12-2014, 11:49 PM
I won't be voting for anyone who wants the "roll of non-executive director"

Gerard
20-12-2014, 12:11 AM
As one of the 17 people are standing for election to the post of NED:wink: I think that who ever wins will be a success in serving our Hibernian family. I hope that all 17 people will be able to find a means to serve the Hibernian family after the 2 people have been elected for the posts of NEDs.:thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
20-12-2014, 05:17 AM
If posters have any concerns about any candidates I'd hope they would refer to them by name and give their reasons why rather than veiled comments.
The candidates have put themselves forward for nomination for what will in all likelihood be a thankless task representing the support as a whole,but are prepared to give up their time to do so.
Let's hear views on the candidates, good and bad, to give those of us with a vote some advice on where that vote should go.

Spot on. Especially from staff on here who the majority will listen to. We've got to try and build an open and honest culture. Names please.

scoopyboy
20-12-2014, 07:39 AM

I understand fully what you are saying but I'm not sure people will do it.

It's like giving a reference, you should never say anything negative and it's up to the receiver to read between the lines.

I only know two personally and in my opinion both are excellent candidates but if I knew something iffy about a candidate then I'm not so sure I would post it.

marinello59
20-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Spot on. Especially from staff on here who the majority will listen to. We've got to try and build an open and honest culture. Names please.

Can I just ignore the potshot you have taken at the admin team here again but still agree with you? :greengrin Veiled attacks are not helpful. We've seen an extreme example of that on here over the past few days and all it does is cause trouble.
I think each and every one of them deserves respect for putting themselves forward. Hopefully things proceed in a mainly positive manner.

BroxburnHibee
20-12-2014, 08:08 AM

'Staff on here'

Who do you mean by that?

marinello59
20-12-2014, 08:11 AM
'Staff on here'

Who do you mean by that?

He means you. Fetch me my cigars and then make sure my morning jacket is pressed and ready to wear. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
20-12-2014, 08:26 AM
He means you. Fetch me my cigars and then make sure my morning jacket is pressed and ready to wear. :greengrin

Ok just wanted to clear that up.

Already done sir :agree:

Spike Mandela
20-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Sit just along from Gordon Munro. I can vouch that he is a season ticket holder and as far as I can see an ever present at games. He is certainly a passionate Hibby, intelligent and even a wee bit flamboyant (nice range in hats Gordon :wink:)

I have spoken to him a few times at games and met him once away fro the ground and he is an amiable and interesting character and after reading his profile on the official website would have no qualms with him representing us fans.

Ronniekirk
20-12-2014, 08:43 AM
I think at least 3 of those candidates are members on here, there's probably more.

It has to be up to them if they want to 'unmask' themselves. It's not really fair for other people to name them.
Well so far two of them have outed themselves ,and credit to them for doing so , the others should now follow Thier lead as it's clear Amits open approach has won him a few plaudits already and as I know none of the candidates Amit has already made a favourable impression on me and first impressions do make an impact .

H18sry
20-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Well so far two of them have outed themselves ,and credit to them for doing so , the others should now follow Thier lead as it's clear Amits open approach has won him a few plaudits already and as I know none of the candidates Amit has already made a favourable impression on me and first impressions do make an impact .

3 have so far, Gerard Amit and Pathead :wink:

JoeT_WasTheBest
20-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Some good spiels on there and credit to them for putting themselves forward.

Interestingly one of them told me (and anyone else that would listen) at the end of the play off game that he wouldn't be back "until that bar steward Petrie is away". This while I was trying to have a quiet word with my 8 and 5 year old sons trying to get them to stay positive, and they had to listen to this rant. Vote for him to represent me?? Never!!

He still goes by the way, just as I predicted to my sons that he would!

Pretty Boy
20-12-2014, 09:35 AM
'Staff on here'

Who do you mean by that?

Must mean the salary we are all taking.

Think how much we could have donated to Hibs if it wasn't for the bonuses, personalised registration plates and misappropriation of funds.

ronaldo7
20-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Can I just ignore the potshot you have taken at the admin team here again but still agree with you? :greengrin Veiled attacks are not helpful. We've seen an extreme example of that on here over the past few days and all it does is cause trouble.
I think each and every one of them deserves respect for putting themselves forward. Hopefully things proceed in a mainly positive manner.

'Staff on here'

Who do you mean by that?

Ok just wanted to clear that up.

Already done sir :agree:

Think how much we could have donated to Hibs if it wasn't for the bonuses, personalised registration plates and misappropriation of funds.

Can we keep this thread on track please guys:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
20-12-2014, 09:41 AM

:aok:

Please :greengrin

marinello59
20-12-2014, 09:42 AM

Sorry. Well said:greengrin

Weststandwanab
20-12-2014, 09:45 AM

Are you prepared to name these individuals ?

A very good idea CWG

Your first question is the crux of the issue ! the second if so they could donate them to deserving party.

I read all statements with interest and for me there were two stand out individuals Lewis Cumming and Robert Johnston.

I wish you both well.

FranckSuzy
20-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Well done to everyone who has put themselves forward as I am sure it will not be an easy role to fulfill, especially as you couple it with your own, personal opinion on things. To me, it'll be a bit like being an MP: you have to please your constituents then toe the party line, never mind what your own beliefs are, etc.

Mind you, some of the 'claims' on the personal statements are a tad OTT and as I wouldn't want to publicly question someone's motives, I'll remain :lips seal :wink:

Smartie
20-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Some good spiels on there and credit to them for putting themselves forward.

Interestingly one of them told me (and anyone else that would listen) at the end of the play off game that he wouldn't be back "until that bar steward Petrie is away". This while I was trying to have a quiet word with my 8 and 5 year old sons trying to get them to stay positive, and they had to listen to this rant. Vote for him to represent me?? Never!!

He still goes by the way, just as I predicted to my sons that he would!

It's a bit harsh to hold that against him. That was probably one of the worst moments in our club's history and I'm sure many dodgy comments were made in the heat of the moment. Over the years I've probably said "Never again - I'm not going back" on average once every month of every season. Doesn't ever seem to stop me being there again the following week again though and I'd be disappointed if it was held against me.

marinello59
20-12-2014, 10:11 AM
It's a bit harsh to hold that against him. That was probably one of the worst moments in our club's history and I'm sure many dodgy comments were made in the heat of the moment. Over the years I've probably said "Never again - I'm not going back" on average once every month of very season. Doesn't ever seem to stop me being there again the following week again though and I'd be disappointed if it was held against me.

Exactly.
Every season I say I won't be renewing my season ticket and still end up getting one the first day they are on sale. It's an emotional game.:greengrin

Jack
20-12-2014, 10:12 AM
I understand fully what you are saying but I'm not sure people will do it.

It's like giving a reference, you should never say anything negative and it's up to the receiver to read between the lines.

I only know two personally and in my opinion both are excellent candidates but if I knew something iffy about a candidate then I'm not so sure I would post it.

I agree with you about the references however there's a few of us, maybe more, I daren't for a second claim the whole support :greengrin, find it very unhelpful when statements like 'I'd never vote for him/them', 'never be back', 'Petrie hater' and various other negative remarks are chucked into the conversation.

Just like a job reference, if these people aren't prepared to name those candidates they'd be better off saying nothing.

Smartie
20-12-2014, 10:17 AM
I'd also say that this place should be a free-for-all for any little snippets of tittle-tattle or info on any of these characters, positive or negative. It's going to happen soon enough when they're in position so why not start now? If somebody has something to say, say it.

They have put themselves up there to be shot at and it should be essential that they have the thickest skin. It is not going to be an easy task at all for them to represent the wide and varied opinions of the Hibs support in front of the club's board - a board we have not always had a good relationship with. It isn't going to be an easy ride with a few free tickets thrown in for these guys.

I'm delighted to see that Amit is already coming across well. I played 5's with him for a while and used to sit a few rows back from him in the East. Always at ER, I've seen him at many away games. Whenever I've spoken to him on matters relating to Hibs he's seemed passionate, intelligent and well-balanced and I'm sure he'd be a massive asset for us to have. Critical where necessary and deserved whilst not carrying any baggage or personal vendettas I would hope that his relatively tender years wouldn't go against him. Having less decades of service doesn't make your opinion on the here and now less valid.

I also know Geoff Ford and would gladly speak up for him. I haven't always lived in Edinburgh and he's a very well-known Hibby amongst out-of-towners up Perth way, has organised a lot of stuff for the Perth-based Hibs fans. Another intelligent and passionate guy, I'd be delighted if he got the gig.

sleeping giant
20-12-2014, 10:18 AM

What's all this about Andy ?
Only got as far as this post on the thread so apologies if already explained.

sleeping giant
20-12-2014, 10:28 AM

:faf:

Pretty Boy
20-12-2014, 10:34 AM

FranckSuzy
20-12-2014, 11:11 AM

Taliban.net :rolleyes: :greengrin

Ronniekirk
20-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Well done to everyone who has put themselves forward as I am sure it will not be an easy role to fulfill, especially as you couple it with your own, personal opinion on things. To me, it'll be a bit like being an MP: you have to please your constituents then toe the party line, never mind what your own beliefs are, etc.

Mind you, some of the 'claims' on the personal statements are a tad OTT and as I wouldn't want to publicly question someone's motives, I'll remain :lips seal :wink:

Spill the beans Suzy:wink::fishin:

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Some decent candidates I reckon. I've known George Henry for many years, he's a good guy.
Amit- I'm sure we met at the Dumbarton game earlier this season? You were with my mate Mikey and I was with Paul H and we spent all of half time chewing the fat and moaning about Malonga's penalty being over the line haha. Good luck mate.
Pat Head also sorted out tickets for my mate (who serves in the Navy) for the recent QOTS game. He was good to deal with.
I'm happy to say now that I had originally applied and was one of 'the 40' that was previously quoted. Decided last week that I wouldn't continue with the process. Good luck to everyone that has!

Amit
20-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Some decent candidates I reckon. I've known George Henry for many years, he's a good guy.
Amit- I'm sure we met at the Dumbarton game earlier this season? You were with my mate Mikey and I was with Paul H and we spent all of half time chewing the fat and moaning about Malonga's penalty being over the line haha. Good luck mate.
Pat Head also sorted out tickets for my mate (who serves in the Navy) for the recent QOTS game. He was good to deal with.
I'm happy to say now that I had originally applied and was one of 'the 40' that was previously quoted. Decided last week that I wouldn't continue with the process. Good luck to everyone that has!

Alright fella! I do remember catching up. Nice to put a username to the face!

Currently on the train to Raith! You coming to the game?

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Alright fella! I do remember catching up. Nice to put a username to the face!

Currently on the train to Raith! You coming to the game?

Was meant to be bud but late change of plan due to being destroyed with the dreaded man flu 😷😷😷 Need to shake it before Christmas. Was really looking forward to it as well. Hatton and a few others are coming up to mines for beers and bacon rolls before the Rangers game on the 27th so give him a shout if you fancy it or a pint after. Enjoy the game 👍

Amit
20-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Was meant to be bud but late change of plan due to being destroyed with the dreaded man flu [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40] Need to shake it before Christmas. Was really looking forward to it as well. Hatton and a few others are coming up to mines for beers and bacon rolls before the Rangers game on the 27th so give him a shout if you fancy it or a pint after. Enjoy the game [emoji106]

Will give Paul a shout. Hope you shake off that man-flu soon! [emoji106]

DarlingtonHibee
20-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Edit Only recognise one name of the list, think he was interviewed by the BBC at the RP / GTF rally, demanding change.

No doubt he is a life long Hibs, but aren't we all ?

IMPO, a director needs a strong strack record in working at a senioir / director of a business, with specific skill sets in areas of management, they don't particulary need to be life long Hibs fan's.

As I said only in my personal opinion, but good luck to all

lucky
20-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Interesting reading the statements and other fans comments on here. I don't know any of the candidates so my vote is up for grabs. I would like photos of them all posted. As like many fans you end up chatting with fellow fans at games so it would be nice to put faces to someone's name. Good luck to all of them but I suspect its going to be a tough gig.

Daz1875
20-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Edit Only recognise one name of the list, think he was interviewed by the BBC at the RP / GTF rally, demanding change.

IMPO, a director needs a strong strack record in working at a senioir / director of a business, with specific skill sets in areas of management, they don't particulary need to be life long Hibs fan's.

So let me get this right the role is a fans representative at boardroom level so you do have to be a lifelong fan or have a passion for the club Amit is a friend of mine who I trust my life with and will definitely be getting my vote as he is exactly what we need at the club and he will be our voice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP
20-12-2014, 02:31 PM

That's a fair opinion and one that up until recently Rod would probably have agreed with. However what that would achieve is a board who all think in a 'corporate' mindset.

That's one of the things that Leeann is very keen to change. Rather than a 'business-first' approach she wants a blend of business, community and supporter perspectives.

superfurryhibby
20-12-2014, 02:39 PM

Quite a bizarre take on a "fans" rep on the board. Don't we already employ enough folk who fit that criteria?

For me they have to love Hibs, be articulate and have integrity. I don't really care what they do for a living, as long as they are able to present a different perspective to the business people.

JoeT_WasTheBest
20-12-2014, 02:57 PM
It's a bit harsh to hold that against him. That was probably one of the worst moments in our club's history and I'm sure many dodgy comments were made in the heat of the moment. Over the years I've probably said "Never again - I'm not going back" on average once every month of every season. Doesn't ever seem to stop me being there again the following week again though and I'd be disappointed if it was held against me.

I'm not going to go slinging mud and maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but while of course we were all p'd off at the time this was not an isolated incident. I've sat near him for years, he's regularly loudly negative and to me would not be balanced enough to be an effective rep.

silverhibee
20-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Not forgetting the Xbox one each Admin received.

Glorious St Pat
20-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Can I give my vote to Maurice McBrierty. Long time Hibby and born and bred in Easter Road. Founder of an old Leith Hibs bus and quite possibly one of the most intelligent and articulate people I know. Historically he is up there with Mr Lugton and his rich charitable work with St Mary's Star of the Sea, working as a translator to the US Ambassador to the Vatican and a long a valued career in finance with KPMG and Aberdeen Asset Management makes him a stand out candidate. He is passionate and someone Dempster already values.

Glorious St Pat
20-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Can I give my vote to Maurice McBrierty. Long time Hibby and born and bred in Easter Road. Founder of an old Leith Hibs bus and quite possibly one of the most intelligent and articulate people I know. Historically he is up there with Mr Lugton and his rich charitable work with St Mary's Star of the Sea, working as a translator to the US Ambassador to the Vatican and a long a valued career in finance with KPMG and Aberdeen Asset Management makes him a stand out candidate. He is passionate and someone Dempster already values.

He was at the consultation meetings and his input was valued by Dempster both openly and privately.

FranckSuzy
20-12-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm not going to go slinging mud and maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but while of course we were all p'd off at the time this was not an isolated incident. I've sat near him for years, he's regularly loudly negative and to me would not be balanced enough to be an effective rep.

Does this person sit in the West Lower by any chance? :wink:

JoeT_WasTheBest
20-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Does this person sit in the West Lower by any chance? :wink:

[emoji6]

Pete
20-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure photos are that important and I'd like to think that people are voted for purely on the basis of what they have to say.

if someone is undecided after reading about two excellent candidates will they be more likely to vote for the one who doesn't have a face like a bag of spanners?

FranckSuzy
20-12-2014, 04:54 PM
[emoji6]

:aok:

DarlingtonHibee
20-12-2014, 06:26 PM

looks a good mix of skills.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I was going to put my name down, but being married to a Bollywood film star and fighting for world titles stops me putting the time and effort in the job deserves.

ancient hibee
20-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Whereas I'm just too old.

ronaldo7
20-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Can you help me here.

Maurice as per your post, or Morris as per the official site?:aok:

hibsfan
20-12-2014, 09:08 PM
I know a couple of the nominated individuals, but I can't praise Martin (Willis) highly enough. Did a lot of my coaching badges with him and occasionally catch up for a pint. A totally genuine guy who literally bleeds 'Hibernian'. He won't be one of the 'well kent' nominees but he would be great for our club. I know he doesn't post on here often but will encourage him to introduce himself. I think he is more of a Twitter man though!

Wighty76
20-12-2014, 11:35 PM

I agree with your comments about Amit, Ronnie. I was impressed with his intro on the official site and his openness on here.

looking good for my vote.

scoopyboy
21-12-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure photos are that important and I'd like to think that people are voted for purely on the basis of what they have to say.

if someone is undecided after reading about two excellent candidates will they be more likely to vote for the one who doesn't have a face like a bag of spanners?

It was more to see if I could put a face to the name, God only knows how many Hibbies I know to speak to but don't know their names.

It wasn't so I could drool over them.

greenginger
21-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Whereas I'm just too old.

I'm more from the Groucho Marx's line of thought,

" I would'nt want to join a club that would have me for a member " :greengrin

gazelle
21-12-2014, 11:41 AM
I also know Geoff Ford and would gladly speak up for him. I haven't always lived in Edinburgh and he's a very well-known Hibby amongst out-of-towners up Perth way, has organised a lot of stuff for the Perth-based Hibs fans. Another intelligent and passionate guy, I'd be delighted if he got the gig.

I agree with this 100%. Ive known Geoff Ford for a good number of years and would highly recommend him to do a good job. I'm sure that all 17 candidates all want whats best for Hibs but what i particular like about Geoff though is as well as doing his best for the supporters in and around the Edinburgh area, he would be your "out of town man" and would make a good spokesman for the supporters from other areas

Martinwillis
21-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Hello everyone - I am Martin and one of the nominees for the supporter rep role. I am a passionate Hibee and confident that I can help supporters get their voices heard. The first priority has to be results on the park and we need an end to the secretive nature of our club - so whoever does fill the role needs to be prepared to listen to supporters and ensure communication works both ways.

I am am new to .net - have always read what's happening on here but preferred not to get involved in posts - due to time restrictions more than anything else really. I am a Twitter man though so use that a lot - @mrmartinwillis so feel free to get in touch there or on here...

i wont be one of the names lots will recognise from the nominees, but I promise to do the job well and for the right reasons. My photo should be on the website tomorrow... And being a teacher, I was quick to bring their attention to the two errors they made in my profile!

I would be so grateful if you would consider sending your vote my way.

GGTTH

martin

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Best of luck, Martin, and all who have demonstrated they are willing to give their time and energy to the club; it's a commendable act. I will have a look through the nominees over the next couple of days.

Andy74
21-12-2014, 01:28 PM
The interesting thing for me is the fan rep type thinking.

Legally any board member is unable to represent any one stakeholder group and they are an equal voice along with all other board members with their obligation being to the welfare of the company.

It's going to be a tricky thing to manage. As far as putting together boards goes this isn't how you would choose to ensure you have an effective board.

I do wonder how the individuals will be able to accept at times that the board will need to come to collective decisions which are hard and not necessarily what a fan would naturally want.

They will also have to accept the decisions made. People often refer to each director having a vote. Doesn't generally work that way and a collegiate decision needs to be made. If you disagree too often with the final decisions then you need to consider your position.

I'm sure they will enjoy the experience though it will be tough.

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Only one female nominee. I was thinking there might be a few.

IanM
21-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Some really interesting profiles and wish the two who get voted in the best of luck. Would be nice if all nominees could work together in some capacity regardless of who gets voted in as I reckon they all could bring something to the party.

I'm far from making my mind up but I'll follow anyone on twitter, pay attention to anyone on here and Other social media etc..

tartanhibee
21-12-2014, 03:18 PM
I have had a look at the profiles of all involved and am pretty
impressed. Who ever get the job should help represent us well. They
are all lifelong, season ticket supporters who love Hibs. To be honest
I wouldn't have expected anything else.

The differences I saw were that most of them aren't involved in Hibs
just now. How do we know they aren't in it for themselves and on an
ego trip? The only ones that are doing something just now are Frank
Dougan, Kevin Martin and Amit Moudgil..

Also very few are in supporters clubs or on .net or the Bounce so how
are they going to get supporters views and not just give there own. We
have enough of them already on the Board.

Finally where has the councillor Gordon Munro been in helping Hibs
over the past few years, He has hiding so what makes him think we can
trust him to look after us now.

My vote will be for someone who does things now so one of those three
above. By the way does anyone know how long they last for on the Board
and when we will be voting again? If one of the other candidates does
something in the community or for supporters before the next time I
would think about them but words are cheap

Hibby_Paul
21-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi folks, would also just like to give my support to Amit for this role.

Amit has been a really good friend of mine since we first met through chance, with him standing behind me when I moved my seat in the old east stand during tony Mowbray's first season (those were the days!)

As a person Amit is friendly, outgoing and a great communicator with people on all levels. He is also intelligent, with an excellent job that gives him a great understanding of companies and business, which I think is an important aspect for the role. Whilst younger than some of the other candidates, he is mature and articulate and could offer some fresh ideas.

He has also been helping Hibs with some scouting coordination work for free, after proactively offering his assistance to George Craig following the supporters sessions held a few months back. Many folk like a moan about Hibs (especially on here!) but here is someone who is already helping the club move forward where he can.

He is passionate about Hibs and I'm confident he would give his all to representing all groups of fans for this very important role.

Some good candidates putting their names forward it seems but Amit gets my vote!

Keith_M
21-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Would this be the free Programs at a European Match incident?

Wasn't there but heard two first-hand accounts. I was disgusted with what he did.

Martinwillis
21-12-2014, 04:23 PM
By the way does anyone know how long they last for on the Board
and when we will be voting again? If one of the other candidates does
something in the community or for supporters before the next time I
would think about them but words are cheap

Post is for two years and the plan is that you would then have the option to run for nomination again, with supporters agin being invited to take part.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Would this be the free Programs at a European Match incident?

Wasn't there but heard two first-hand accounts. I was disgusted with what he did.

Keith_M
21-12-2014, 05:02 PM

Thought so.

Wouldn't get my vote.

hibbymick
21-12-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm more from the Groucho Marx's line of thought,

" I would'nt want to join a club that would have me for a member " :greengrin

I like this haha

Mikey
21-12-2014, 05:51 PM
We have a security feature on here that allows us to see if someone is trying to sneak their way back on after they've been banned, but it does other things too such as flag up when a PC has 2 or more hibs.net user accounts using it.

Theoretically, the same feature would therefore let us see if any of the Board Nominees had multiple accounts and were giving themselves a pat on the back.

Just saying likes :wink:

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 05:58 PM
We have a security feature on here that allows us to see if someone is trying to sneak their way back on after they've been banned, but it does other things too such as flag up when a PC has 2 or more hibs.net user accounts using it.

Theoretically, the same feature would therefore let us see if any of the Board Nominees had multiple accounts and were giving themselves a pat on the back.

Just saying likes :wink:

"You've been a naughty boy" from an old fav film! This is not the Spanish Inquisition...so wipe the slate clean and judge all on their current merits. Anything less smacks of Alistair Campbell New Labour control freakery!

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 06:00 PM
At the end of the day, do the two reps have voting rights on the board and will it make a blind bit of difference?

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 06:12 PM
"You've been a naughty boy" from an old fav film! This is not the Spanish Inquisition...so wipe the slate clean and judge all on their current merits. Anything less smacks of Alistair Campbell New Labour control freakery!

No one is being judged on anything other than their merits. It was just a friendly warning to keep the contest, or the parts of it that appear on here, clean.

I've no idea what your last sentence means so can't comment on that.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 06:17 PM
At the end of the day, do the two reps have voting rights on the board and will it make a blind bit of difference?
Yes they have a vote like any other Board member.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2014, 06:33 PM
As an aside, leeann said our current board was too big, but we're adding another 2 members. Does this mean that a few current board member will be moving on?

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm going to have a read through all the profiles shortly but I hope it's a literate, sensible and intelligent candidate that wins.

Definitely don't want one of those that shout the loudest to get it.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 06:38 PM
As an aside, leeann said our current board was too big, but we're adding another 2 members. Does this mean that a few current board member will be moving on?
Interesting.

Looking at the Board as it is, I wouldn't have thought it too big. It's a decent mix of skills, and when you remember that most are unpaid, IMO an appropriate number.

I'd like to hear her reasoning, though.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Interesting.

Looking at the Board as it is, I wouldn't have thought it too big. It's a decent mix of skills, and when you remember that most are unpaid, IMO an appropriate number.

I'm sure I heard/read this somewhere. Perhaps someone can clarify this. How many are on our board now?

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm sure I heard/read this somewhere. Perhaps someone can clarify this. How many are on our board now?

RP
LD
Bruce Langham
Garry O Hagan
George Craig
Colin McNeill
Amanda Jones
Brian Houston
Jamie Marwick

hibbymick
21-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Are any of those people who are on the board at present Hibs fans ??

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 06:52 PM

At least 3.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2014, 06:54 PM

RP
LD
Bruce Langham
Garry O Hagan
George Craig
Colin McNeill
Amanda Jones
Brian Houston
Jamie Marwick

Woah, that's quite a few. Is Craig actually a board member?

hibbymick
21-12-2014, 06:55 PM
At least 3.

So what is the point in putting another couple on ? What will the difference be ? Here was me thinking the whole idea was because we never had any Hibs fans on the board. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Woah, that's quite a few. Is Craig actually a board member?
Yep.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 06:58 PM
So what is the point in putting another couple on ? What will the difference be ? Here was me thinking the whole idea was because we never had any Hibs fans on the board. :confused:

It's a point I've made before actually.

I think the idea is that it will be supporters as supporters reps elected by fellow supporters. Whilst the current Hibs supporters on the board were recruited by the club for a specific skill set.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 06:58 PM
The idea IMO is to widen the perspective of the Board. In addition, in theory it gives the ordinary punters a way into the decision-making process. A conduit, if you will.

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 07:01 PM
No one is being judged on anything other than their merits. It was just a friendly warning to keep the contest, or the parts of it that appear on here, clean.

I've no idea what your last sentence means so can't comment on that.

Last sentence, if you've ever studied or taught Politics as I do, means the constant control of message and spin on any communications with the intention to limit any political damage.

ancient hibee
21-12-2014, 07:01 PM

Why would you think there were no Hibs supporters on the board?

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Last sentence, if you've ever studied or taught Politics as I do, means the constant control of message and spin on any communications with the intention to limit any political damage.

I have a joint honours degree in history and politics and still have no idea what you meant in this context.

I thought the post you quoted was perfectly clear in what it said and can't see what it had to do with controlling a message or New Labour spin.

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 07:03 PM
At least 3.

Shockingly low number if correct.

hibbymick
21-12-2014, 07:05 PM
It's a point I've made before actually.

I think the idea is that it will be supporters as supporters reps elected by fellow supporters. Whilst the current Hibs supporters on the board were recruited by the club for a specific skill set.

Sounds more like a P.R stunt to me. Surely the new members wont be able to reveal all that goes on at these meetings. Or will it be one meeting including them and one meeting excluding them.

Andy74
21-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Interesting.

She said the opposite. Thought there weren't enough non execs to execs and not enough challenge.

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 07:06 PM
I have a joint honours degree in history and politics and still have no idea what you meant in this context.

I thought the post you quoted was perfectly clear in what it said and can't see what it had to do with controlling a message or New Labour spin.

It means that some of the candidates might have posted push on her before and the recent short leet will then result in controlled, PC and managed messages on the board thereafter in order to promote their case.

Clear now?

hibbymick
21-12-2014, 07:08 PM
The idea IMO is to widen the perspective of the Board. In addition, in theory it gives the ordinary punters a way into the decision-making process. A conduit, if you will.

So will the 2 elected represent fellow Hibs fans decisions/ suggestions on the board or just their own ?

Andy74
21-12-2014, 07:08 PM

It means that some of the candidates might have posted push on her before and the recent short leet will then result in controlled, PC and managed messages on the board thereafter in order to promote their case.

Clear now?
I think Mikey was saying that one or more of the candidates may have created another account to come on and provide themselves with support.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Shockingly low number if correct.
Personally, I'd be happier with 12 Jambos on the Board who did an excellent job than 12 Hibbies who did a crap one.

hibbymick
Why would you think there were no Hibs supporters on the board?

Its something ive never really thought about until now, and presumed this was what it was all about.

Andy74
So will the 2 elected represent fellow Hibs fans decisions/ suggestions on the board or just their own ?

This is a point I made earlier. Once appointed they represent tge best interests of the company, or should, regardless of what fans think.

I think it was a mistake calling them anything like fans reps. They can't be.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 07:12 PM
She said the opposite. Thought there weren't enough non execs to execs and not enough challenge.
Interesting.
She's obviously closer to the action than I am :) .
I thought our non execs outnumbered the execs? Maybe she wants more.

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 07:14 PM
I think Mikey was saying that one or more of the candidates may have created another account to come on and provide themselves with support.

Well if that is the case, then the admins should jump on it. To do so is to cover your tracks and manage your message in a clean fashion hence my New Labour reference. Surely, as season ticket holders we have the right to see the candidate warts and all considering we are the ones with the vote. To open up a second account to 'launch your campaign' is deceitful surely?

Andy74
21-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Interesting.
She's obviously closer to the action than I am :) .
I thought our non execs outnumbered the execs? Maybe she wants more.

Yeah she thought the balance of execs on board was too many.

BroxburnHibee
21-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Personally, I'd be happier with 12 Jambos on the Board who did an excellent job than 12 Hibbies who did a crap one.

Exactly - way too much time being spent on this IMO.

There should be only a 1 focus this season.

Andy74
21-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Well if that is the case, then the admins should jump on it. To do so is to cover your tracks and manage your message in a clean fashion hence my New Labour reference. Surely, as season ticket holders we have the right to see the candidate warts and all considering we are the ones with the vote. To open up a second account to 'launch your campaign' is deceitful surely?

If that's what's happening I would agree and would show poor character. Mikey is that what you were suggesting?

Keith_M
21-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I think the posters with multiple accounts in an attempt to portray support that doesn't exist should be named and shamed.

Gerard
21-12-2014, 07:20 PM
My Name is Gerard O'Donnell and I am standing for election for the Hibs BODs. I am 49 years old. I have been an active member of the Erin Hibs Trust for almost 10 years and part of the Working Together process for 2 years. I want to see our fans having the opportunity to direct their concerns about Hibs and having a chance to sumbit their input about our club through their elected director. I use Hibs.net and also read the bounce on a regular basis. I belong to the Hibs club. If I was elected I would be available to attend the meetings of all the many Hibs groups such as the clubs, the Hibernians and all the other oranisations that are part of our large Hibs family. I have skills in customer service, sales, marketing and retentions of customers.

All the candidates who are standing if elected will make a vast contribution to the club. I would like to see all these candidates who are not elected being able to help the club in some way after the election is over.

Yours in Hibs
Gerard O'Donnell

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Yeah she thought the balance of execs on board was too many.
Execs are ?

Her
GC
GOH
JM

Any others?

Maybe we should start paying for non-execs [emoji6]

BroxburnHibee
21-12-2014, 07:24 PM
I think the posters with multiple accounts in an attempt to portray support that doesn't exist should be named and shamed.

Mike's post was more of a pre - emptive strike to be honest.

You can be rest assured we won't allow it to happen.

Viking
21-12-2014, 07:36 PM
I would like to firstly start by saying that as far as the fans up for nomination go, Amit is the only one I know personally. However, that said, I want the best person for the job voted in. For that reason I was open to whom I'd vote for depending on their statements/fan interaction.

Having now read them all, and seeing how he has conducted himself on here I am now under no doubt that i will be voting for Amit. Through his qualifications and employment I feel Amit is perfect for the role, but more importantly I feel his passion for Hibs is second to none. All of this is going to be very important for the two who succeed.

Amit is the only one to come onto this thread and give his views and directly answer questions. As members of the board, the successful candidates are there to give the fans views and oppinions, something which amit has already showed he can do through his communications on here. Also, by being part of the scouting set up which he does in his own time, he is already helping the club which shows he is not seeking nomination for personal interests/gains which is very important.

This is a historical occassion for the club and fans and I feel it is very important the correct people are voted in. Amit is most certainly one of the correct people and I urge you all to vote for him.

Glory Glory :flag:

Andy74
21-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Execs are ?

Her
GC
GOH
JM

Any others?

Maybe we should start paying for non-execs [emoji6]

Nearly half if so.

It's only a fifth exec on the board at my place.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Nearly half if so.

It's only a fifth exec on the board at my place.
So if we need less execs. .....there's not a lot to choose from for a cull :)

Andy74
21-12-2014, 08:06 PM
So if we need less execs. .....there's not a lot to choose from for a cull :)

Would think more non execs more likely. I guess we will have 2 more for starters.

PatHead
21-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Just to answer your question. I am a season ticket holder and attend home matches. So far this season I have been to 5 away games.

I will be online for at least the next hour if anyone has questions.

PatHead
21-12-2014, 08:11 PM

All of the board are Hibs fans with the exception of Leeann Dempster and George Craig.

Andy74
21-12-2014, 08:17 PM
All of the board are Hibs fans with the exception of Leeann Dempster and George Craig.

Counting Rod as a Hibs fan may be pushing it!

rj1875
21-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi
My name is Robert Johnston, one of the non exec nominees. I may not be known to many so happy to expand on any part of my personal statement. If I can find a photo that makes me look more like Brad Pitt than Davie Dodds then I will get that uploaded too.

As others have said this will be a challenging role but for me communication is key - the successful candidate must be able to be an effective link between fan and board in an open, thoughtful, constructive and productive manner, anything less will not bring the success that we all want from this role. It does however also need to maintain and confidentialities that may exist. I believe that I have the maturity & experience to achieve that.

I am aware that like all organisations politics will come into play but I am not politically minded myself, I am who I am and you get what you see. I have no hidden agenda, no baggage and no axes to grind. All I wish to do is contribute in a positive way to the Hibs family and I will work as hard as I possible can to make this a success for you.

Thank you

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 09:21 PM
My Name is Gerard O'Donnell and I am standing for election for the Hibs BODs. I am 49 years old. I have been an active member of the Erin Hibs Trust for almost 10 years and part of the Working Together process for 2 years. I want to see our fans having the opportunity to direct their concerns about Hibs and having a chance to sumbit their input about our club through their elected director. I use Hibs.net and also read the bounce on a regular basis. I belong to the Hibs club. If I was elected I would be available to attend the meetings of all the many Hibs groups such as the clubs, the Hibernians and all the other oranisations that are part of our large Hibs family. I have skills in customer service, sales, marketing and retentions of customers.

All the candidates who are standing if elected will make a vast contribution to the club. I would like to see all these candidates who are not elected being able to help the club in some way after the election is over.

Yours in Hibs
Gerard O'Donnell

Hi
My name is Robert Johnston, one of the non exec nominees. I may not be known to many so happy to expand on any part of my personal statement. If I can find a photo that makes me look more like Brad Pitt than Davie Dodds then I will get that uploaded too.

As others have said this will be a challenging role but for me communication is key - the successful candidate must be able to be an effective link between fan and board in an open, thoughtful, constructive and productive manner, anything less will not bring the success that we all want from this role. It does however also need to maintain and confidentialities that may exist. I believe that I have the maturity & experience to achieve that.

I am aware that like all organisations politics will come into play but I am not politically minded myself, I am who I am and you get what you see. I have no hidden agenda, no baggage and no axes to grind. All I wish to do is contribute in a positive way to the Hibs family and I will work as hard as I possible can to make this a success for you.

Thank you

Thanks for the introduction guys. Good luck.:aok:

Martinwillis
21-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Can I just clarify that the reason for me creating my first .net account today was purely to introduce myself as a nominee - not looking for support or a pat on the back. We are a passionate support and I believe that all nominees have entered this with the right intentions.

As many on here have already said, this is potentially a huge step forward for us as a club and I genuinely hope that whoever is successful in their bid to get involved is able to make a positive contribution and aid club and supporter move forward as one.

GGTTH

I do keep an eye on .net so feel free to get in touch, but my Twitter is the easiest way for quick feedback @mrmartinwillis

Andy74
21-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Very refreshing from these guys compared to recent BuyHibs efforts. Simple honesty and lack of embellishment. Good luck to all.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Very refreshing from these guys compared to recent BuyHibs efforts. Simple honesty and lack of embellishment. Good luck to all.

Weststandwanab
21-12-2014, 09:48 PM

Yours in Hibs
Gerard O'Donnell

Do you think if elected you would get a meaningful "vote" on the board ?

Andy74
21-12-2014, 10:05 PM

Well that's simple governance so yes but a Board makes a decision as a whole and in general the majority view will hold. It's all about what each director can bring in terms of being able to influence others when required.

bingo70
21-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Well that's simple governance so yes but a Board makes a decision as a whole and in general the majority view will hold. It's all about what each director can bring in terms of being able to influence others when required.

Were you not tempted to put yourself forward?

Glorious St Pat
21-12-2014, 10:15 PM

So who did they support? Leeann was born east end of Glasgow - Celtic?

MartinfaePorty
21-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I'd like to ask Gerard about Erin Hibs, as him being involved with them wouldn't inspire me with confidence to vote for him. I've been paying my monthly tenner for years and all I ever get is a 1 page newsletter every year (despite having asked on more than one occasion to have this sent by email). I'm sure it supplies valuable funds to Hibs, but would like to see them be more visible. Not sure if they even have a website.

Jonnyboy
21-12-2014, 10:17 PM
I'd like to ask Gerard about Erin Hibs, as him being involved with them wouldn't inspire me with confidence to vote for him. I've been paying my monthly tenner for years and all I ever get is a 1 page newsletter every year (despite having asked on more than one occasion to have this sent by email). I'm sure it supplies valuable funds to Hibs, but would like to see them be more visible. Not sure if they even have a website.

Erin Trust?

http://www.erintrust.org/

Andy74
21-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Were you not tempted to put yourself forward?

I did think about it. Not sure I could commit the time though and could you see me getting many votes from here?!

MartinfaePorty
21-12-2014, 10:19 PM
My apologies. Although it illustrates my point as the latest news item is about the 2012 AGM!

Jonnyboy
21-12-2014, 10:20 PM
My apologies. Although it illustrates my point as the latest news item is about the 2012 AGM!

Gerardddddddddddd where are ye :greengrin

MartinfaePorty
21-12-2014, 10:21 PM
On another note, the only one I know personally is Pat Heid and I would certainly vouch for him being someone who would do an excellent job.

PatHead
21-12-2014, 10:24 PM

Not sure but neither have claimed to be Hibs supporters. All the others have told me they are

Both LD and GC are new to the club and both doing a great job. Good enough for me.

PatHead
21-12-2014, 10:26 PM
On another note, the only one I know personally is Pat Heid and I would certainly vouch for him being someone who would do an excellent job.

Thanks.

MartinfaePorty
21-12-2014, 10:27 PM
No problem, Kev!

Pretty Boy
21-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Not sure but neither have claimed to be Hibs supporters. All the others have told me they are

Both LD and GC are new to the club and both doing a great job. Good enough for me.

I believe LD now considers herself a Motherwell fan, not that it matters if she continues to do a good job of course.

oconnors_strip
21-12-2014, 11:09 PM

I'm sure she admitted at a meeting I was at that she was a Celtic fan when she grew up

RIP
21-12-2014, 11:25 PM
I did think about it. Not sure I could commit the time though and could you see me getting many votes from here?!

I would have voted for you Andy. I tried to get you involved in LWT a couple of years ago but IIRC it wasn't something you could commit to.

Gerard
21-12-2014, 11:49 PM

I would do my best:wink:

Gerard
21-12-2014, 11:51 PM

Please PM your details and I will send them on to our secretary so you can receive communications by email regards
Gerard

Weststandwanab
22-12-2014, 12:01 AM

And herein lie the 64,000 dollar question !

Yes they have a vote like any other Board member.

Indeed he may but 2 against 9 sounds like an RP deal every time.

How could they ? Consult a couple of thousand individuals before every bored meeting !

No it is all about the votes 2 against 9 never going to happen

I would do my best:wink:

To do what ? Match the fiasco at the MMA at Morningside or currently at 44 !

Andy74
22-12-2014, 12:07 AM

How could they ? Consult a couple of thousand individuals before every bored meeting !

What makes you think the two will always have a different view from the other Board members?

Worst case if they do it's better having a discussion involving the views of the 2 than just 9 who would have straight agreed the thing anyway?

Spike Mandela
22-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I would have voted for you Andy. I tried to get you involved in LWT a couple of years ago but IIRC it wasn't something you could commit to.

I'd have voted for Rudi Skacel before Andy 74, or even worse, voted for Petrie.:cb

Gerard
22-12-2014, 12:15 AM

I would do my best to see that if there was issues of concern to our Hibs family that these concerns would be discussed by the Hibs BODs. I believe that only through honest discussions that the Hibernian family can work together. I will always make time for any fan to contact me with any concerns that they may have.
regards
Gerard

The_Sauz
22-12-2014, 12:16 AM
I'd have voted for Rudi Skacel before Andy 74, or even worse, voted for Petrie.:cb

:tee hee:

btw...the first one to get the Killie Pie's in, gets my vote :greengrin

Pete
22-12-2014, 03:47 AM
It was more to see if I could put a face to the name, God only knows how many Hibbies I know to speak to but don't know their names.

It wasn't so I could drool over them.

I'll take your word for it.:greengrin

But seriously, it has been proven that appearance counts for a lot more than people would like to admit when voting for a candidate to represent them in some way. On second thoughts I suppose this is a bit different and there are only several thousand of us in total so it probably won't make a difference.

Pete
22-12-2014, 04:42 AM
After reading all the statements I'm finding it really hard to choose. They are all obviously committed and passionate supporters but there are a few who jump out.

I really like Frank Dougans no-nonsense style, especially the sentence at the end. He seems to have a lot of experience when it comes to organising things and strikes me as someone who will stick up for the fans and speak out of he isn't happy.

"Pat head" on this board also gives a good account of himself and I always enjoy reading his posts. His background, experiences and his hibbyness sit well and he was open to questions for an hour on both here and the bounce which was good to see.

I don't know Amit personally but from the limited dealings I have had with him I reckon he would perform the role in a rational, mature and considered manner. Coupled with his obvious enthusiasm and willingness to get involved, I would be happy to see him elected. A lot of his friends have given him praise but maybe that's less to do with him being a member on here and more to do with the wide circle of friends he has accumulated? A useful trait for someone who will be listening to us and articulating our views.

Another young candidate who stands out is Keith Williamson. I really like the his idea about letting fans sit with him in the directors box allowing them to access the board personally. Promising to post a weekly blog and reply personally to every email demonstrates that he knows that communication and fan involvement is important. Looks like he would be a refreshing addition.

Really impressed with all the candidates and well done to every one of them for putting themselves forward. The chips are down right now but it's great to be reminded that there are so many people who not only care about the club, but are willing to act constructively to effect positive change. It's been said before but I hope that the unsuccessful ones are allowed to contribute in some way when it comes to moving the club forward.

gorgie greens
22-12-2014, 06:04 AM
I'm sure she admitted at a meeting I was at that she was a Celtic fan when she grew up
Read somewhere when she first came here that Rangers were her team ,but since they went tits up who knows,all i know imo i think she is doing a great job at Easter Road.

Weststandwanab
22-12-2014, 07:51 AM
What makes you think the two will always have a different view from the other Board members?

Worst case if they do it's better having a discussion involving the views of the 2 than just 9 who would have straight agreed the thing anyway?

Maybe not always but by far the majority I suspect primarily because these two reps will want the best possible team on the park whereas the remainder of the board - some of who are dependent on the club for income - and will "vote" with that in mind.

I would do my best to see that if there was issues of concern to our Hibs family that these concerns would be discussed by the Hibs BODs. I believe that only through honest discussions that the Hibernian family can work together. I will always make time for any fan to contact me with any concerns that they may have.
regards
Gerard

I do not doubt your motives or commitment but realistically who seriously thinks that fans are going to be consulted on matters financial ?

2 seats at unofficial bored meetings are at best pointless in running the club.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2014, 07:52 AM
After reading all the statements I'm finding it really hard to choose. They are all obviously committed and passionate supporters but there are a few who jump out.

I really like Frank Dougans no-nonsense style, especially the sentence at the end. He seems to have a lot of experience when it comes to organising things and strikes me as someone who will stick up for the fans and speak out of he isn't happy.

"Pat head" on this board also gives a good account of himself and I always enjoy reading his posts. His background, experiences and his hibbyness sit well and he was open to questions for an hour on both here and the bounce which was good to see.

I don't know Amit personally but from the limited dealings I have had with him I reckon he would perform the role in a rational, mature and considered manner. Coupled with his obvious enthusiasm and willingness to get involved, I would be happy to see him elected. A lot of his friends have given him praise but maybe that's less to do with him being a member on here and more to do with the wide circle of friends he has accumulated? A useful trait for someone who will be listening to us and articulating our views.

Another young candidate who stands out is Keith Williamson. I really like the his idea about letting fans sit with him in the directors box allowing them to access the board personally. Promising to post a weekly blog and reply personally to every email demonstrates that he knows that communication and fan involvement is important. Looks like he would be a refreshing addition.

Really impressed with all the candidates and well done to every one of them for putting themselves forward. The chips are down right now but it's great to be reminded that there are so many people who not only care about the club, but are willing to act constructively to effect positive change. It's been said before but I hope that the unsuccessful ones are allowed to contribute in some way when it comes to moving the club forward.

Or tell them to **** off and steal from them acting the bully. If ever there was someone who was interested in himself before others this man showed me and others in Athens it was him.

RIP
22-12-2014, 07:53 AM
We were desperately in need of a talented football CEO before Leeann arrived. It doesn't matter what team she supported as a kid she is one of ours now and working all the hours God sends. She has made a promising start IMO.

Ronniekirk
22-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Or tell them to **** off and steal from them acting the bully. If ever there was someone who was interested in himself before others this man showed me and others in Athens it was him.

It's all Greek to me ,but we clearly don't need someone in that position if they Allegedley are only in it to promote thier self interest That was first European Trip I took my son to and we ended up in same Hotel as Pat Stanton .There was no game ,but what a great few days we had there .

hibseleven
22-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Of all the candidates i only know George Henry personally. He goes home and away (well, he was at Raith and i'm meeting him after the The Rangers game)

A really good guy, sits in the West opposite us with a group of about 10 others. Would imagine a fairly well known guy in and around Edinburgh amongst fellow Hibbies. I'd be delighted if he got the vote.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Maybe not always but by far the majority I suspect primarily because these two reps will want the best possible team on the park whereas the remainder of the board - some of who are dependent on the club for income - and will "vote" with that in mind.

I do not doubt your motives or commitment but realistically who seriously thinks that fans are going to be consulted on matters financial ?

2 seats at unofficial bored meetings are at best pointless in running the club.

Why shouldn't the fans reps be consulted on matters financial? That's part of their function, surely. If they're going to fulfil that function properly, they will want to consult with the wider support.

And why do you think the Board meetings are "unofficial"?

Brooster
22-12-2014, 09:20 AM

Why cant you just spit it out rather than come out with half a story. Ive not decided who to vote for yet but Frank is defo in the six or so that I've narrowed it down to. You see him wherever Hibs are playing bar tynecastle and I dont think I've been at a 20s game without seeing him there. I dont think he is in it for himself, far from it. I would prefer someone like Frank who is out there attending matches and gauging the true feeling of the support rather than someone who chooses not to attend very much. How can you engage with the supporters if you dont attend matches? Certainly not on here because by enlarge the views held by many on here differ greatly from the views of many match day goers....in my opinion of course.

Brooster
22-12-2014, 09:26 AM

Why cant you just spit it out rather than come out with half a story. Ive not decided who to vote for yet but Frank is defo in the six or so that I've narrowed it down to. You see him wherever Hibs are playing bar tynecastle and I dont think I've been at a 20s game without seeing him there. I dont think he is in it for himself, far from it. I would prefer someone like Frank who is out there attending matches and gauging the true feeling of the support rather than someone who chooses not to attend very much. How can you engage with the supporters if you dont attend matches? Certainly not on here because by enlarge the views held by many on here differ greatly from the views of many match day goers....in my opinion of course.

Brooster
22-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Of all the candidates i only know George Henry personally. He goes home and away (well, he was at Raith and i'm meeting him after the The Rangers game)

A really good guy, sits in the West opposite us with a group of about 10 others. Would imagine a fairly well known guy in and around Edinburgh amongst fellow Hibbies. I'd be delighted if he got the vote.

I was speaking to George on Saturday at Raith and he spoke passionately about all things Hibs as he normally does. His profile looks really good with expertise in crucial areas like finance and communications. I think he would be an excellent addition to the board as would 4 or 5 of the other candidates.

PatHead
22-12-2014, 09:37 AM

Thanks very much. I am out at Christmas lunch today so can't keep in touch.

Happy to get back to answer questions tomorrow though

greenginger
22-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Will voters be getting 1 vote or 2 votes for the two nominees ?

greenginger
22-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks very much. I am out at Christmas lunch today so can't keep in touch.

Happy to get back to answer questions tomorrow though

Question , are you Pat Head or are you from Pathead ?

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2014, 01:47 PM

I thought I had? I'm on my phone, will tell you the full story when I get home. I have done some daft things at the football, but there again I'm not putting myself up as a candidate.

Brooster
22-12-2014, 02:17 PM
You referred to him as a stealer and a bully but did not elaborate. You surely cannot be referring to the programme incident in Athens. If so your account varies drastically from my one. ...and I seen it first hand.

Mikey
22-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I thought I had? I'm on my phone, will tell you the full story when I get home. I have done some daft things at the football, but there again I'm not putting myself up as a candidate.

Do we really have to? It was done to death at the time and nothing was proved either way.

Other than this episode I can't recall any other situation where FD's name has cropped up on here.

SunnyLeither
22-12-2014, 02:51 PM
You know what you're getting with Frank, a solid Hibby who's only fault is he always wants to help others. Defo on my shortlist. My ideal candidate would have to be a Leither, preferably seen a bit of the world. Business background not an issue for me, we should have enough of them on board already, we really need a people person.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Do we really have to? It was done to death at the time and nothing was proved either way.

Other than this episode I can't recall any other situation where FD's name has cropped up on here.

I have no other opinion of the man other than that night. I know what happened, I have no need to lie. I went to pick up one of the free programmes and he got there before me. He told me to **** off he's having them they are mine he said . if that is not self interest and acting a bully then fine. Bare in mind why would I make this up?

Mr White
22-12-2014, 02:58 PM
You know what you're getting with Frank, a solid Hibby who's only fault is he always wants to help others. Defo on my shortlist. My ideal candidate would have to be a Leither, preferably seen a bit of the world. Business background not an issue for me, we should have enough of them on board already, we really need a people person.
Being from Leith is more important than business background for you? Really? Communication skills, fair enough that's important but whoever gets either position is going to be voting on financial decisions for the club. That's pretty important imo.

Weststandwanab
22-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Why shouldn't the fans reps be consulted on matters financial? That's part of their function, surely. If they're going to fulfil that function properly, they will want to consult with the wider support.

And why do you think the Board meetings are "unofficial"?

No reason why the fans should not be consulted but why would the shareholders suddenly start doing so now ?

I am sure if they are going to fulfil that function properly they will consult the 2 new directors whomever they are but with 2 votes out of 10/11 they will be powerless.

In my experience of Boards of this size when there are differences of opinion then factions arise and they agree in advance – in unofficial meetings - what the outcome of the official meetings will be.

I am not saying this will happen but if it did it would not surprise me.

If anyone realistically thinks that these 2 reps will bring major change to the running of the club I would be amazed.

Posh Swanny
22-12-2014, 04:08 PM

And even once-a-season English types like me are inside that circle!

When I saw his name listed the other night, I turned straight to the wife and said "if anyone is born to perform that role, it's Amit."

Andy74
22-12-2014, 04:40 PM
No reason why the fans should not be consulted but why would the shareholders suddenly start doing so now ?

I am sure if they are going to fulfil that function properly they will consult the 2 new directors whomever they are but with 2 votes out of 10/11 they will be powerless.

In my experience of Boards of this size when there are differences of opinion then factions arise and they agree in advance – in unofficial meetings - what the outcome of the official meetings will be.

I am not saying this will happen but if it did it would not surprise me.

If anyone realistically thinks that these 2 reps ill bring major change to the running of the club I would be amazed.

No one is promising major change. It's just a chance to have a say on a couple of board members.

The boards you have experience of evidently weren't functioning and should have been changed.

I doubt these two will think very differently from the other fans on the board and indeed the non fans. Decisions need to be taken on a range of factors and these guys will have all the info they need to argue with balance.

Like anyone on any board they will have a duty to the company and it will be up to them to make their views known and understood.

Weststandwanab
22-12-2014, 08:36 PM
No one is promising major change. It's just a chance to have a say on a couple of board members.

The boards you have experience of evidently weren't functioning and should have been changed.

I doubt these two will think very differently from the other fans on the board and indeed the non fans. Decisions need to be taken on a range of factors and these guys will have all the info they need to argue with balance.

Like anyone on any board they will have a duty to the company and it will be up to them to make their views known and understood.

A chance to have a say means no change whatsoever in my opinion.

The Boards - like this - I was involved with were changed on three occasions when the Companies were sold because we could not agree a position going forward.

A duty of care - to the Company - is significantly diminished when you are in the minority and you are constantly defeated in voting which is what I expect to happen here.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2014, 08:40 PM
A chance to have a say means no change whatsoever in my opinion.

The Boards - like this - I was involved with were changed on three occasions when the Companies were sold because we could not agree a position going forward.

A duty of care - to the Company - is significantly diminished when you are in the minority and you are constantly defeated in voting which is what I expect to happen here.
So are you saying that we shouldn't bother, because it's a futile exercise?