PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BOARD NOMINATIONS UPDATE

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Weir7
13-01-2015, 08:47 PM
When Mr Angry comes on and starts picking on posters it's a site admin issue.

Hahahah brilliant

Picked on posters ............ strong words

GeorgieH
13-01-2015, 08:56 PM
I wanted to drop a message up on the forum as we are days away from the voting closing.

Many people have questioned why would any candidate put themselves forward for the role. For me its simple, I love the club and follow Hibs home and away week in week out. I have been devastated by the clubs demise over a number of years and seeing us lose our identity not only within Scottish football but within the community we live in. The distance between the club and the fans has been widely reported and this is our opportunity to change that.

Apart from knowing that I have the skills from a professional and personal level to fulfil the duties of the role, what is really important to me is that we as fans are represented by someone who not only follows the club the length and breadth of the country but also will put the work in to go out there and meet with the people to allow them to have their say. I also think that its important to not only meet with supporters groups or branches but also individuals in the pubs around the ground as they all have as valid an opinion as the next person. I have spent recent weeks engaging with as many fans as possible through distributing leaflets, face to face discussions as well discussions through social media and it's something that I am committed to continuing to do. Whatever candidate gets elected they must be strong minded and stand up for what the fans believe are key issues.

I would also like to improve the communication that the club has with fans and especially groups such as .net and the bounce etc, they need to be helping us as much as we are helping them.

Whether I get elected or not I want to see our club back to where it belongs, for years we have had a lot to deal with but now it stops, it's time to unite and move forward together.

From what we hear we are getting back to being run like a football club rather than a business but there is a long way to go and if we can influence that as fans then we should do all we can.

I hope that you consider me worthy of your vote and can assure everyone if I am elected then I will do all I can to ensure your voice in the running of our great club.

Thanks G

tamig
13-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't think they could have done much. No-one could have expected Hearts to have gone on such a run.

What they can do is help build the structure and passion that will see us above them next season though.

That's absolutely fine and I wasn't mocking anything you had said. It was in response to Mr Weir's comments.

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Don't think I'm out of order. I was posting my own observations on how some "leading" St Pats figures have posted on this thread and others. The comment with regards to acting like Green Brigade was meant to reflect on my observations on how St Pats branch figures believe they are more Hibernian than the rest of us. Im happy to accept that the St Pats branch are not endorsing any candidates but rather than point it out to me it's probably more importantly to inform your own branch members that this is the case.

Inform them of what? You are the one saying the branch are in effect endorsing a candidate when that is blatantly untrue.

The "leading figures" you speak of are news to me (and it appears to other members as well) and in fact, one of the more prolific St. Pat's posters on here has not, as far as I am aware, even been to many branch meetings. The Chairman doesn't post and the Secretary has been mutually consented from .net (so would be unable to post anything about the upcoming elections even if they wanted to) so, as before, I'm afraid I'm still :confused: about your claims.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 09:00 PM
That's absolutely fine and I wasn't mocking anything you had said. It was in response to Mr Weir's comments.

Thanks

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I don't think they could have done much. No-one could have expected Hearts to have gone on such a run.

What they can do is help build the structure and passion that will see us above them next season though.

I don't understand this sentence, can you expand upon it please?

Gerard
13-01-2015, 09:06 PM
As one of the 17 candidates I would like to see all of us Working Together to make our club a better club. That can be through the WT model, or the Supporters clubs, Erin Trust, Hibernians, Leith Links and any other group that works to make our club a better one. At this time our club has a very small sales and admin staff and there is much work that can be done as volunteers. The ticket to local schools, surveys, the Telefons. These are a few things that have been done by fans. Looking forward to the future is not an easy thing but I look forward to the time when we are promoted and winning silverware. I have a dream ............. Success does not come without its share of failure. IMO we are beginning that long back to the place in football where we all want to be. At the end of this election I also want to see all 17 candidates being active in some way to make our club a better one. We all have talents that can be used by out club.:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2015, 09:11 PM
As one of the 17 candidates I would like to see all of us Working Together to make our club a better club. That can be through the WT model, or the Supporters clubs, Erin Trust, Hibernians, Leith Links and any other group that works to make our club a better one. At this time our club has a very small sales and admin staff and there is much work that can be done as volunteers. The ticket to local schools, surveys, the Telefons. These are a few things that have been done by fans. Looking forward to the future is not an easy thing but I look forward to the time when we are promoted and winning silverware. I have a dream ............. Success does not come without its share of failure. IMO we are beginning that long back to the place in football where we all want to be. At the end of this election I also want to see all 17 candidates being active in some way to make our club a better one. We all have talents that can be used by out club.:wink:

I quit WT as I didn't think it was working. Felt it was more a case of being used by the Club. Talk of making our Club a better club is cheap, and the directors failures are well documented. All we want to see is a winning team on the Park, we have been craving that for Years, but football (the mainpoint of the Business) seemed secondary to those in charge.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 09:20 PM
I don't understand this sentence, can you expand upon it please?

Board often get criticised for not having any feeling or passion about the club. Hopefully by hearing about the passion and getting supporters views that will make sure they take account of that when making decisions that affect our club.

Re the bit being above them next season I am hoping we get promoted and their luck finally runs out.

If we have a decent long term strategy in place - which appears to be getting put in place - we should be able to maintain that in the medium term.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Board often get criticised for not having any feeling or passion about the club. Hopefully by hearing about the passion and getting supporters views that will make sure they take account of that when making decisions that affect our club.

cheers

3pm
13-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Inform them of what? You are the one saying the branch are in effect endorsing a candidate when that is blatantly untrue.

The "leading figures" you speak of are news to me (and it appears to other members as well) and in fact, one of the more prolific St. Pat's posters on here has not, as far as I am aware, even been to any branch meetings. The Chairman doesn't post and the Secretary has been mutually consented from .net (so would be unable to post anything about the upcoming elections even if they wanted to) so, as before, I'm afraid I'm still :confused: about your claims.

Seconded.

(But didn't know G had left the site)

PatHead
13-01-2015, 09:25 PM
cheers

Added a wee bit to it Brockie

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Added a wee bit to it Brockie

The thing is that the Board are well aware of how passionate Hibs fans are, and have been year after year. The fact is they didn't want to tap into that passion, by putting a product on the pitch, that would have ensured bigger crowds etc. We have been in free fall for years, and had to suffer the episode of relegation. I honestly don't think that the Board knows how to interact with fans, and god knows that the 2 fan's reps will have plenty on their plate, to help raise awareness.

Relegation should have been the catalyst to rid the Club of the Director's who so frequently failed us.....

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Seconded.

(But didn't know G had left the site)

:aok:

:agree: :wink:

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 09:39 PM
The thing is that the Board are well aware of how passionate Hibs fans are, and have been year after year. The fact is they didn't want to tap into that passion, by putting a product on the pitch, that would have ensured bigger crowds etc. We have been in free fall for years, and had to suffer the episode of relegation. I honestly don't think that the Board knows how to interact with fans, and god knows that the 2 fan's reps will have plenty on their plate, to help raise awareness.

Relegation should have been the catalyst to rid the Club of the Director's who so frequently failed us.....

Yet, we were told at WT meetings (where the passion for all things Hibs should have come across) that some of the Directors were actually Hibs fans too, so felt our pain :wink: :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 09:42 PM

All well and good Gerard old boy, and I appreciate the mention, but stuffing tickets in envelopes and/or dialling telephone numbers is not going to get us back to the only thing that matters to the average Hibs fan....WINNING on the park :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Yet, we were told at WT meetings (where the passion for all things Hibs should have come across) that some of the Directors were actually Hibs fans too, so felt our pain :wink: :rolleyes:

One of my biggest bugbears, was listening to their drivel. They had a chance to made a real difference, and failed miserably......Then told us how they were hurting as much as us......

Gerard
13-01-2015, 09:51 PM

IMO the fans want to see a football team that is successful. We all know that is the main reason why we have a football club. We do not exist to be a small Ltd Co. There have been too many years when our club was playing mediocre football and last season football that was....................., There are not any polite words to describe it. I want our club to play football that excites and is enjoyable. I also have my Cine World pass and have used it a lot last year despite being a STH.
I think the 2 directors when elected will bring a new view of what the fans are thinking because they will be the place where fans can go and make sure their views are heard by the board. Their job will be a hard one because Hibs need to improve its connection with the fans.
There are changes taking place at the club, one of these is a chance to own shares in the club. I have been a part of WT almost since its inception and there are times that it has no effect on the club. I am impatient and don't like to wait for things to take place. I have served on a lot of committees and know how slowly they work, or not work. We all have skills that can be used to make our club better. If only I was 20 years younger, not as heavy and had some football skills as I would give my time to the football side of our club. I am 49, no idea of my weight but must be on a level with Nade and have almost 0 football skills:wink: We can all contribute to our club in some way. I would have liked it to be playing football.:wink:

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 09:52 PM
One of my biggest bugbears, was listening to their drivel. They had a chance to made a real difference, and failed miserably......Then told us how they were hurting as much as us......

:agree: Yeah, it must really hurt, to sit in executive seats, enjoy 5* hospitality, all after finishing a week of golf, meetings and schmoozing then having to mingle with the great and the good of, well, Easter Road :tee hee:

Meanwhile, we pay top dollar to watch a team in a lower division and are told that we must pay, if we want our team to come right back up.... all the while working as average Joe's or Joanne's :wink: Never mind painting steps in our spare time, risking paper cuts and not forgetting tinnitus/repetitive strain too :tee hee:

Glorious St Pat
13-01-2015, 10:05 PM

The "leading figures" you speak of are news to me (and it appears to other members as well) and in fact, one of the more prolific St. Pat's posters on here has not, as far as I am aware, even been to any branch meetings. The Chairman doesn't post and the Secretary has been mutually consented from .net (so would be unable to post anything about the upcoming elections even if they wanted to) so, as before, I'm afraid I'm still :confused: about your claims.

Suzy good post but if the 'prolific' St Pat's member is me - well yes I have been to branch meetings.

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Suzy good post but if the 'prolific' St Pat's member is me - well yes I have been to branch meetings.

Must have missed those ones :aok: Post amended :wink:

macd123
13-01-2015, 11:34 PM
I've looked at post 631. That does not answer my question. That is a politicians answer. That is the last thing we need at ER.

Let me rephrase it. I want petrie out my club. I want him out yesterday. What do you want?

Given farmer and petrie (who are one and the same) have wiped out the bank debt and put in place a process for fans controlling the club, whats the point??

Do you expect the current owners to have nobody on the board?

Weststandwanab
14-01-2015, 03:55 AM
I quit WT as I didn't think it was working. Felt it was more a case of being used by the Club. Talk of making our Club a better club is cheap, and the directors failures are well documented. All we want to see is a winning team on the Park, we have been craving that for Years, but football (the mainpoint of the Business) seemed secondary to those in charge.

I would agree with all of that including being a member of WT.

I remember that only too well

Yes, the famous five year plan !

:agree: Yeah, it must really hurt, to sit in executive seats, enjoy 5* hospitality, all after finishing a week of golf, meetings and schmoozing then having to mingle with the great and the good of, well, Easter Road :tee hee:

Meanwhile, we pay top dollar to watch a team in a lower division and are told that we must pay, if we want our team to come right back up.... all the while working as average Joe's or Joanne's :wink: Never mind painting steps in our spare time, risking paper cuts and not forgetting tinnitus/repetitive strain too :tee hee:

Spot on

Gatecrasher
14-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Made my votes today, good luck to those taking part!

Martinwillis
14-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Good evening, just back from the working together meeting. As always, what stood out was how passionate we are as a group of supporters.

it was great to meet and chat with fans who I hadn't met before and get their thoughts. With only a few days left until voting closes, I would put another plea out to those who haven't het voted. I am committed to this role and would be easily contactable 24/7 to ensure your views are heard.

i did sunnyside last weekend and will be wandering around BTG before the match on Saturday. Please come and have a chat.

twitter: @mrmartinwillis

Weststandwanab
14-01-2015, 08:32 PM
There are a few days remaining to vote for the Supporter representation on the Board and I would appeal to those who have not yet exercised their right to vote now do so.I am in the same position myself and will vote this evening.At the start of this process I posted reservations – CWG I am sure will remember them – when I stated then that I feel this would be almost pointless as two votes – assuming the two appointed candidates agree – against a possible 9 or even more in the future will probably get very little done.

If in the future Hibernian Football Club have the option of signing a very good player or not and our two representatives think it is a good idea and worth the financial risk whereas all remaining directors, possibly influenced bywhomever, disagree and there is a vote what do you think will happen ?

That said I have, and currently do, sit on Boards and Committees which I regularly disagree with but from within them there is some chance of me obtaining a change but absolutely no chance of obtaining change from out with them. Therefore it is important that we as supporters at least try to influence the Directors by the appointment of two “Fans Representatives” and we should give them as much support as we collectively can.

But who are the best candidates or who do we think would be the most effective in the cauldron that will become the Board of our football club ?

When initially the various pleas or pitches of the candidates were released via the club I personally only recognised one name but read all of the pitches and during that recognised some faces from those candidates who had posted a photograph at that time.

On that first read I was initially impressed with Lewis Cummings and Robert Johnson.Lewis because despite his tender years – I thought he wrote very well having given it some thought and despite the fact he is what I call an A.A.A.- almost an accountant - my initial thoughts were positive.

Robert because again he wrote very well, his refereeing experience I like – particularly having to award Hibs a penalty at the PBS – and the experience he has with Boards would be very useful in my opinion in what will become an uphill struggle.

However in the intervening 8/9 weeks many of the candidates have posted and some of them many time including – again in my opinion – some who have do so too many times and some who have never posted.

In reading all these posts for me two have stood out in being honest, approachable and have the best interest of Hibs at the forefront of their decision to take on these difficult tasks.

It is a pity that hustings could not have been organised so that those of us interested enough could meet all the candidates particularly the shy ones and we could have directly put questions to those candidates. I believe some candidates tried to organise this but it was not to be.

That said I am aware – as I have been informed by other supporters – that some candidates have attempted to make themselves available to supporters at the club BTG and other venues such as away matches and they should be congratulated for that.I have decided that, based on all I have read and listened to supporters I know express their opinions, that my first vote is going to Kevin Martin who admittedly I know from the WT group but I feel has merited my first vote on sheer effort alone.

Kevin has written extensively when posters have asked specific questions and I think struck the balance correctly between answering these questions and seeming to post too often and just for the sake of posting.My second vote is not as straight forward as there were a couple of people I considered.

However I have decided that my second vote will go to Amit.He looks a very articulate young (compared to me) man, a local lad who obviously is Hibs daft and I like what he wrote about his career and how he would approach the task should he be a successful candidate.

I believe these two individuals would be the best combination to represent the supporters and would each bring a different perspective to the Board.

We are never going to achieve candidates that we all agree with but I believe, based on what I have read, that these two will represents the views of the supporters to the best of their abilities even if they do not necessarily individually agree with them.

Whomever is elected I wish all my best to you as you will need it particularly representing supporters who are numerous, varied in thinking and often disagree but all of whom are desperate for the collective goal of seeing Hibernian succeed with as successful a football team as is possible within our financial means.

GGTTH

PatHead
14-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks very much Weststand. Nice to be appreciated.

I do agree it is important to meet and engage with as many supporters as possible before the election.

I also believe it is probably more important to build on that relationship and trust after the election if I was lucky enough to win the vote. Anyone not sure of who to vote for please bear in mind that I promise to keep meeting fans and engaging on line to make sure I am representing as many views as possible.

Kevin Martin

Amit
14-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Weststandwanab thank you very much and for the kind words.

I will be in BTG before the game this weekend and would be delighted if I could thank you in person (if you are thinking of heading to BTG that is!).

All the best,

Amit

matty_f
14-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Weststandwanab thank you very much and for the kind words.

I will be in BTG before the game this weekend and would be delighted if I could thank you in person (if you are thinking of heading to BTG that is!).

All the best,

Amit

FWIW, my votes went to you and Kevin as well.

I think you both came over very well on here.

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 10:41 PM
It is interesting to note some of the responses on the candidates approach throughout. Some have campaigned quietly and been criticised whilst others have adopted a 'presentism' or 'carpet bombing' approach to their campaign - I seriously worry about the amount of time you spend on here and It would be interesting to note if your .net communication decreases should you be successful thereafter - said it before but some are a little too desperate to don the green blazer.

Saying that, whoever wins and they have the best interests of the club in their soul, I wish them every success.

Amit
14-01-2015, 10:41 PM

Thanks Matty! I am humbled to say the least.

Cheers,

Amit

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Is it true that one candidate went to recent game with a laptop and briefcase to further campaign in the Hibs club?

matty_f
14-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Is it true that one candidate went to recent game with a laptop and briefcase to further campaign in the Hibs club?

I hope so, good on them for showing some initiative.

PatHead
14-01-2015, 10:48 PM

Thanks very much Matty. (for the vote)

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 11:09 PM
I hope so, good on them for showing some initiative.

Opinions eh?

Initiative or desperation?

DaveF
14-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Opinions eh?

They don't seem half as desperate as you are in trying to put them down.

matty_f
14-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Opinions eh?

So I've asked you this already but for whatever reason you didn't reply, which of the candidates isn't desperate to get it? I, and I'd imagine a lot of others, want someone in the who really wanted the chance to make a difference.

In what way is it desperate?

Tell you what I do think is desperate though, is someone coming in here to try and belittle someone or some people who are trying to do something. Easy to sit and snipe from the sidelines at folk doing something but I give far more credit to the person that puts themselves out there to be shot at than those doing the shooting.

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 11:15 PM
They don't seem half as desperate as you are in trying to put them down.

Thanks for the positive response Dave.

FaceTime and constant messaging on here is not necessarily the main ingredients for selection. There are some that do not have the same opportunities to do so and this shouldn't be held against them...no?

DaveF
14-01-2015, 11:18 PM

FaceTime and constant messaging on here is not necessarily the main ingredients for selection. There are some that do not have the same opportunities to do so and this shouldn't be held against them...no?

I'm not the one handing out cheap criticism to candidates so I'm holding nothing against anyone. You are.

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 11:22 PM
So I've asked you this already but for whatever reason you didn't reply, which of the candidates isn't desperate to get it? I, and I'd imagine a lot of others, want someone in the who really wanted the chance to make a difference.

In what way is it desperate?

Tell you what I do think is desperate though, is someone coming in here to try and belittle someone or some people who are trying to do something. Easy to sit and snipe from the sidelines at folk doing something but I give far more credit to the person that puts themselves out there to be shot at than those doing the shooting.

All of the candidates believe they could make a difference but should it be a popularity contest and a case of who posts the most? This doesn't mean they are the best candidate.

Others cannot afford the same time so that shouldn't be held against them. Maybe Warholl was right about 15 mins of fame?

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 11:25 PM
I'm not the one handing out cheap criticism to candidates so I'm holding nothing against anyone. You are.

Not issuing cheap criticism merely suggesting that popularity shouldn't necessarily be based on post count. IMO some appear a little desperate to get selected.

matty_f
14-01-2015, 11:25 PM

Who, in this day and age, doesn't have the facility to get online and on here, and if they can't get on here than how are they going to get our views and input? Do we all need to go to the Four in Hand or a St Pat's branch meeting to get heard?

Your criticism would be better aimed at the folk who are not getting the finger out and getting themselves on here because if they're not committed to doing that then they shouldn't be wasting our time standing for nomination.

DaveF
14-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Not issuing cheap criticism merely suggesting that popularity shouldn't necessarily be based on post count. IMO some appear a little desperate to get selected.

What, like that bloke who was being backslapped by St Pat's members in the pub last weekend?

I've really no idea why you're getting your knickers in a twist over this :confused:

matty_f
14-01-2015, 11:29 PM
All of the candidates believe they could make a difference but should it be a popularity contest and a case of who posts the most? This doesn't mean they are the best candidate.

Others cannot afford the same time so that shouldn't be held against them. Maybe Warholl was right about 15 mins of fame?

I doubt anyone is basing it on post count and more fool you if you think that's the case.

I'm not holding anything against anyone, but I'll certainly give credit to the folk that made the time and effort to make themselves known and engage with us.

I would ask the question of how the folk that don't have time now hope to fulfil a role that will be very time intensive? If they can't reach out to us now what will change if they are elected?

In fact, I would turn your point around about wanting a blazer (ridiculous and borderline offensive accusation as it is) and say that the people wanting elected without wanting to work for the votes are the ones chasing Blazers, rather than those willing to put the work in.

Glorious St Pat
14-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Who, in this day and age, doesn't have the facility to get online and on here, and if they can't get on here than how are they going to get our views and input? Do we all need to go to the Four in Hand or a St Pat's branch meeting to get heard?

Your criticism would be better aimed at the folk who are not getting the finger out and getting themselves on here because if they're not committed to doing that then they shouldn't be wasting our time standing for nomination.

Fair response but not being internet savvy and a social media junkie doesn't necessarily make you the wrong candidate. It's almost like 'whose got the most Twitter followers of Facebook friends?'. Still not a reflection on a persons true worth.

matty_f
14-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Fair response but not being internet savvy and a social media junkie doesn't necessarily make you the wrong candidate. It's almost like 'whose got the most Twitter followers of Facebook friends?'. Still not a reflection on a persons true worth.

Nothing to do with followers or friends but everything to do with the ability to do the role justice. If they're not Internet savvy and they're making no effort to change that then they are not suited to the role.

They are expected to engage with fans across different media so not being able to get online should exclude them from the process unless they're willing to change that. Evidently from your argument they have no interest in getting online, so for me, they shouldn't be anywhere near the process.

Barney McGrew
15-01-2015, 06:15 AM
All of the candidates believe they could make a difference but should it be a popularity contest?

Isn't that exactly what an election is? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2015, 06:23 AM
If someone doesn't have the time to communicate and isn't desperate to get our vote then they should withdraw.

They're wasting our time and what little of their own they're spending on this.

I'm going to assume it's the guys that haven't posted on here that st Pats is talking about so I won't be voting on any of them.

I generally don't go to the pub before matches so if I want to talk to one of these guys the best way for me is on here so I'll be voting on those engaged on here, most likely Kevin Martin and one other who I've still to choose.

Pete
15-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Nothing to do with followers or friends but everything to do with the ability to do the role justice. If they're not Internet savvy and they're making no effort to change that then they are not suited to the role.

They are expected to engage with fans across different media so not being able to get online should exclude them from the process unless they're willing to change that. Evidently from your argument they have no interest in getting online, so for me, they shouldn't be anywhere near the process.

I've been wanting to say that for a while.

It's 100% true though and my votes have been cast accordingly.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2015, 06:28 AM

I'll tell you what makes them a good candidate - being able to afford the time.

What do you think makes a good candidate?

Brizo
15-01-2015, 06:44 AM
The test will be if the high profile candidates who have approached this like an election campaign (which it is) and have regularly been on the mbs and canvassed for votes in and around ER get elected. We will then see whether they remain as communicative and interactive with the ordinary fans as they were during the election campaign. If political election campaigns are anything to go by, I have my doubts. The good thing is that if any candidates don't deliver once in office we can vote them out next time round.

I do have a concern that, as in any election campaign , the candidates who make the most noise could get elected purely because they have made the most noise. That , of course, isn't the fault of high profile candidates who have made the most effective use of social media and been most active on the ground. Its more an indictment on those candidates who have been low profile to no profile and possibly an indictment of a vetting process which left a "shortlist" of 17.

I was hoping for a hustings where all candidates cvs and some of the more high profile candidates subsequent internet contributions could have been questioned and explored in much more detail. Due to the absence of that, rightly or wrongly, ive voted for lower profile candidates who I believe have walked the walk in the past, even if they haven't talked the talk during the election campaign.

Glorious St Pat
15-01-2015, 07:21 AM
The test will be if the high profile candidates who have approached this like an election campaign (which it is) and have regularly been on the mbs and canvassed for votes in and around ER get elected. We will then see whether they remain as communicative and interactive with the ordinary fans as they were during the election campaign. If political election campaigns are anything to go by, I have my doubts. The good thing is that if any candidates don't deliver once in office we can vote them out next time round.

I do have a concern that, as in any election campaign , the candidates who make the most noise could get elected purely because they have made the most noise. That , of course, isn't the fault of high profile candidates who have made the most effective use of social media and been most active on the ground. Its more an indictment on those candidates who have been low profile to no profile and possibly an indictment of a vetting process which left a "shortlist" of 17.

I was hoping for a hustings where all candidates cvs and some of the more high profile candidates subsequent internet contributions could have been questioned and explored in much more detail. Due to the absence of that, rightly or wrongly, ive voted for lower profile candidates who I believe have walked the walk in the past, even if they haven't talked the talk during the election campaign.

Beautifully put and my sentiments exactly. Like the point about making the most noise.

Jack
15-01-2015, 07:31 AM

So there seems to be two types;

* those who have come on here, and gone out to meet and greet, told us a bit about themselves and for the most part answered the questions we've put to them. And,

* those who remain pretty much anonymous.

There was also the bizarre post by FDs brother, who is a genuinely nice guy, the brother that is, I don't know FD as well, which I read as basically FD won't come on here because he doesn't want to become involved in answering questions that he deemed to be petty.

How do you propose we find out what the anonymous candidates stand for so that we can make an informed decision? They have chosen to hide, not us and it can only be assumed they'd be hiding after the election too if they somehow were successful.

100s of posts, thousands of views, on this thread alone suggest dotnet is only too willing to engage.

Eric
15-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Thanks very much Weststand. Nice to be appreciated.

I do agree it is important to meet and engage with as many supporters as possible before the election.

I also believe it is probably more important to build on that relationship and trust after the election if I was lucky enough to win the vote. Anyone not sure of who to vote for please bear in mind that I promise to keep meeting fans and engaging on line to make sure I am representing as many views as possible.

Kevin Martin

Kevin after our chat at WT last night I'm pleased to confirm thet my votes are no longer up for grabs! On getting home I was amused to see that while we had been talking a couple of posters on this thread were stating that they were going for the same pairing of you and Amit.:greengrin

Best wishes to you both:thumbsup:

Hibby_Paul
15-01-2015, 07:54 AM
So there seems to be two types;

* those who have come on here, and gone out to meet and greet, told us a bit about themselves and for the most part answered the questions we've put to them. And,

* those who remain pretty much anonymous.

There was also the bizarre post by FDs brother, who is a genuinely nice guy, the brother that is, I don't know FD as well, which I read as basically FD won't come on here because he doesn't want to become involved in answering questions that he deemed to be petty.

How do you propose we find out what the anonymous candidates stand for so that we can make an informed decision? They have chosen to hide, not us and it can only be assumed they'd be hiding after the election too if they somehow were successful.

100s of posts, thousands of views, on this thread alone suggest dotnet is only too willing to engage.

Spot on for me Jack.

I tweeted something to Frank after someone mentioned he was on twitter and keen to see if he would use online methods but heard nothing back...

PatHead
15-01-2015, 07:54 AM

I assume you are meaning me as I was in the Hibs club with an old laptop case on Saturday. If it wasn't I have picked you up wrongly.

I didn't have a laptop in it though I had copies of my Personal Statement in it and gave them to anyone who didn't use the internet or had looked at the official site. It gave them a chance to learn about me.

Hope that clarifies things for you but I am not sure what the issue would be if I had.

PatHead
15-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Kevin after our chat at WT last night I'm pleased to confirm thet my votes are no longer up for grabs! On getting home I was amused to see that while we had been talking a couple of posters on this thread were stating that they were going for the same pairing of you and Amit.:greengrin

Best wishes to you both:thumbsup:

Thanks Eric.

See you next month and promise to raise the tv re-scheduling issue as often as possible

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Let me get this right, if you are trying to get in touch with all hibs fans by meeting them in the pubs clubs and behind the goals, and on the internet, then thats being desperate.

If you just go to the four in hand, that's quite enough and should get you voted on unanimously.

:faf:

I wonder just how many supporters we have who don't go anywhere near easter road or BTG, how on earth are some of these fans going to hear about the candidates without the media or sites like this or the bounce?

PatHead
15-01-2015, 08:28 AM

There was another post as well that said something about seeing if they carry on posting and engaging after the election which I will also answer.

Once again I assume it is me that you are having a pop at, I don't know why as I am unaware of having met you or offending you.

Firstly I will answer the last part. Yes I will carry on coming onto the net and Bounce if elected. Take a look at my posting history and you will see I am on most days. There is no reason for that to change. On my personal statement I said

"I am a member of St Pat’s Supporters Club, Hibs.net and Hibees Bounce which I believe are excellent ways of communicating with supporters but also believe in more traditional methods of communication such as newsletters and meetings. I am well aware that not all supporters are members of these forums and it is important that all supporters have a voice.

As part of this objective I would hope to work closely with my co-nominee and between us hold surgeries in the Hibs Club or Behind the Goals on matchdays as well as having open evenings on a regular basis. I will continue my work with Working Together."

If I don't live up to that feel free to shoot me down. The only caveat I will put on that is if the club or any of the sites feel it is inappropriate for me to continue to do so.

With regard to the internet I believe that it is an excellent way of communicating quickly and I do feel a lot of candidates will have to engage via these mediums in the event of getting elected. It will not replace going out and meeting people but complement it. It lets me communicate with fans who would otherwise have no way of getting their views across and answer their questions.

If I choose to come on the net or Bounce whilst my wife watches Corry, Holby City, Strictly, etc on the tv I don't think I can be accused of building a post count. (Probably saving my sanity). Usually I am responding to someones comments just like just now. But the difference between myself and many other candidates is that I will come on and tell you my thoughts. I think is is really wrong of you to tell me how I should use my time.

I met your favoured candidate (Mo) when we met the Non Executive Directors for the first time and he does seem like a very knowledgeable candidate with impressive cv. I am sure he would make a very good Non Executive Director and I could say that about most of the candidates I met at that meeting.

However in this role it is imperative that the elected member represents the views of the support as far as they can. This can only be done by engaging with the supporters now and during their term. That is probably the most important skill set required. Sadly I still know only about 6 of the candidates- and I introduced myself to 3 of them since the election started- and if I can't find them now I don't have the confidence they will represent my views. I also tried to instigate the hustings to give these guys a chance to present their case to no avail.

In short I suppose I am saying that is why you should come on here and say your piece, suppose we will have to disagree on that....

Kevin Martin

PatHead
15-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Let me get this right, if you are trying to get in touch with all hibs fans by meeting them in the pubs clubs and behind the goals, and on the internet, then thats being desperate.

If you just go to the four in hand, that's quite enough and should get you voted on unanimously.

:faf:

I wonder just how many supporters we have who don't go anywhere near easter road or BTG, how on earth are some of these fans going to hear about the candidates without the media or sites like this or the bounce?

or be able to contact them after they are elected. BTW I will confirm I am not coming to Blackpool to try and gain your vote as that might be seen as being desperate. :wink:

Kevin

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2015, 08:45 AM
or be able to contact them after they are elected.TW I will confirm I am not coming to Blackpool to try and gain your vote as that might be seen as being desperate. :wink:
B
Kevin

Pfft, if i had a vote you'd not get it. :greengrin

Brooster
15-01-2015, 09:17 AM
To me it's all about getting the right balance as far as canvassing on the messageboards goes. Too little is unwise and too much becomes unbearable. We seem to have a bit of both on here. An educated guess has me thinking that hibs.net will reach out to 30-35% of the electorate of which some might solely base their vote on what the candidates have to say on here. I think the proof of the pudding will be in what the candidates have achieved whilst out and about on matchdays etc, meeting and speaking to the supporters. Thats only my opinion of course.

Leith Mo
15-01-2015, 09:30 AM
There has been, rightly or wrongly, a lot of cynicism regarding this entire process from day one which has in some cases mellowed and in others strengthened since the voting has opened. Following the decision of 17 candidates to put their names forward, I believe that our thanks should go to each and every one of those individuals. Some have been more "publicly" active than others in using social media outlets like .net and hibeesbounce to encourage support for their particular candidacy.
Personally, I have been active on both boards, as well as in the pubs and club outlets near Easter Road (and beyond, and also not solely confined to the Four In Hand, nor indeed solely the St Pat's branch voters!). Indeed, after voting opened and the Club and HSA's decisions not to hold a full "hustings" style event, all candidates were advised/encouraged in an email to utilise as many channels as possible to spread the word with .net and the bounce both specifically named. I believe to date that of the 17 candidates, there are 10 who have posted on one or both the main fan sites during the "campaign" with some more active than others. I don't think it's my place to name those who haven't posted - I am sure they will have their reasons - but the mere fact they have put their names forward in the first place would indicate to me that they believe they can find the time to communicate with supporters regardless of a perceived "radio silence" to date.
As I said in my initial statement, whoever is elected deserves our support and will certainly need it. I hope to be one of those appointed and would look for your continued support going forward, but if not I will certainly do all I can to lend my backing to those chosen by their fellow Hibbees.
Good luck and thanks to all 17 candidates - we all want the same thing - success for OUR Club, and I'm sure we will support each other when this part of the process is over and the next phase begins. I think this is the true sentiment which should be at the core of what this process seeks to achieve. Whoever you are voting for, please do vote and give a chance for your voice to be heard. Of course if you believe that I am one of the two who can best communicate your voice then please vote for me. Thanks Morris

PatHead
15-01-2015, 09:43 AM
There has been, rightly or wrongly, a lot of cynicism regarding this entire process from day one which has in some cases mellowed and in others strengthened since the voting has opened. Following the decision of 17 candidates to put their names forward, I believe that our thanks should go to each and every one of those individuals. Some have been more "publicly" active than others in using social media outlets like .net and hibeesbounce to encourage support for their particular candidacy.
Personally, I have been active on both boards, as well as in the pubs and club outlets near Easter Road (and beyond, and also not solely confined to the Four In Hand, nor indeed solely the St Pat's branch voters!). Indeed, after voting opened and the Club and HSA's decisions not to hold a full "hustings" style event, all candidates were advised/encouraged in an email to utilise as many channels as possible to spread the word with .net and the bounce both specifically named. I believe to date that of the 17 candidates, there are 10 who have posted on one or both the main fan sites during the "campaign" with some more active than others. I don't think it's my place to name those who haven't posted - I am sure they will have their reasons - but the mere fact they have put their names forward in the first place would indicate to me that they believe they can find the time to communicate with supporters regardless of a perceived "radio silence" to date.
As I said in my initial statement, whoever is elected deserves our support and will certainly need it. I hope to be one of those appointed and would look for your continued support going forward, but if not I will certainly do all I can to lend my backing to those chosen by their fellow Hibbees.
Good luck and thanks to all 17 candidates - we all want the same thing - success for OUR Club, and I'm sure we will support each other when this part of the process is over and the next phase begins. I think this is the true sentiment which should be at the core of what this process seeks to achieve. Whoever you are voting for, please do vote and give a chance for your voice to be heard. Of course if you believe that I am one of the two who can best communicate your voice then please vote for me. Thanks Morris

Mo, sorry I mentioned you specifically in the previous post.

tartanhibee
15-01-2015, 09:58 AM
When and how will the votes be counted and will they be posted on the official site I'm always suspicious when a count like this happens.

Also think that 17 candidates was to many and something maybe to be looked at.

Having been at the hustings for my local candidate for the general election, this is a great way to get the feeling for a candidate and should also be something to look at in the future.

Oscar T Grouch
15-01-2015, 11:50 AM
I have now voted, I picked my two through reading all the personally statements, reading this thread and speaking to other Hibees about this. I chose the two candidates I thought have the best "CV" and attitude for the job. I would like to thank all the candidates that posted on here, I got more of an idea of what they were like reading this thread than I did reading the personal statements. All the candidates should be congratulated for giving their time and effort toward becoming the fans representatives, it is going to be a big responsibility and I imagine a thankless task :wink: to whomever gets voted into these two positions. Well done everyone and good luck to the successful candidates :thumbsup:

GGTTH :flag:

Beefster
15-01-2015, 11:54 AM
So basically, if Glorious St Pat's favoured candidates don't win, he's going to bitch a lot about social media, desperation, popularity contests and lots of other really, really unfair 21st century stuff?

JoeT_WasTheBest
15-01-2015, 12:33 PM
I consider myself to know a decent number of Hibs supporters having followed them home and away for too many years pre-kids and going mainly to home games since then. However even from this decent starting point, there were only a handful of names I recognised from the list of 17. I recognised a few more when I went into some of the profiles and saw photographs. I only actually knew one. Like thousands of other fans, I don't go to the pub before or after the games and so the next best method of finding out about people is via here, the Bounce and other forms of electronic media. Thank God we have this method nowadays, how would we have been able to gather enough information to make decisions on say 10-15 years ago?

I can't understand why some candidates' profiles are very short, some have no picture, some have never even posted on here or the Bounce, or a combination of some or all of these factors. At the end of the day, not all fans will access these sites but it would certainly help you to be more known if you are looking to be voted in as a rep. Ignoring it altogether, for whatever reason, has to restrict your chances of 'winning'. At the end of the day, IF a candidate feels they don't need to do this and (possibly) rely only on the people they come into face to face contact with, they are not worth voting for IMHO. The world of communication has changed, we have slated the club often for not embracing it and so it is the least we should expect of people who should represent our views going forward.

Before this process, I knew Robert Johnston from one of his previous jobs, and I know of Frank Dougan partly because I sit in the row in front of him. I would have had no problem voting for Robert as he would be a strong candidate, however as a result of this very valuable thread I have voted for Kevin Martin and Amit Moudgil as they have come across really well. Well done to both of you, and to the other candidates for taking time out to come on here. Best of luck to all candidates, you are going to need it!

marinello59
15-01-2015, 01:19 PM
So basically, if Glorious St Pat's favoured candidates don't win, he's going to bitch a lot about social media, desperation, popularity contests and lots of other really, really unfair 21st century stuff?

Looks like it. Or he will claim the winning candidates are STF and Petrie wearing rubber masks.

Glorious St Pat
15-01-2015, 01:27 PM

Absolutely not. I will respect the democratic decision of the majority and hope that as our representatives act and express the consensus view of the Hibs support. Stop trying to paint me as the angry sibling of the Hibernian family!

Glorious St Pat
15-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Looks like it. Or he will claim the winning candidates are STF and Petrie wearing rubber masks.

Jesus....again I'm public enemy number one!

PatHead
15-01-2015, 01:51 PM
I consider myself to know a decent number of Hibs supporters having followed them home and away for too many years pre-kids and going mainly to home games since then. However even from this decent starting point, there were only a handful of names I recognised from the list of 17. I recognised a few more when I went into some of the profiles and saw photographs. I only actually knew one. Like thousands of other fans, I don't go to the pub before or after the games and so the next best method of finding out about people is via here, the Bounce and other forms of electronic media. Thank God we have this method nowadays, how would we have been able to gather enough information to make decisions on say 10-15 years ago?

I can't understand why some candidates' profiles are very short, some have no picture, some have never even posted on here or the Bounce, or a combination of some or all of these factors. At the end of the day, not all fans will access these sites but it would certainly help you to be more known if you are looking to be voted in as a rep. Ignoring it altogether, for whatever reason, has to restrict your chances of 'winning'. At the end of the day, IF a candidate feels they don't need to do this and (possibly) rely only on the people they come into face to face contact with, they are not worth voting for IMHO. The world of communication has changed, we have slated the club often for not embracing it and so it is the least we should expect of people who should represent our views going forward.

Before this process, I knew Robert Johnston from one of his previous jobs, and I know of Frank Dougan partly because I sit in the row in front of him. I would have had no problem voting for Robert as he would be a strong candidate, however as a result of this very valuable thread I have voted for Kevin Martin and Amit Moudgil as they have come across really well. Well done to both of you, and to the other candidates for taking time out to come on here. Best of luck to all candidates, you are going to need it!

Thanks very much

Kevin Martin

The_Exile
15-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Having quietly watched this thread evolve from afar I've got to say I was impressed with a few of the cadidates, and I have voted for the 2 I feel will represent me as a Hibs supporter and what direction I would like to see us take over the next few years. I voted for Amit Moudgil and Kevin Martin. Best of luck to all candidates, and whoever comes out on top after the polls close will get my full backing :thumbsup:

PatHead
15-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Having quietly watched this thread evolve from afar I've got to say I was impressed with a few of the cadidates, and I have voted for the 2 I feel will represent me as a Hibs supporter and what direction I would like to see us take over the next few years. I voted for Amit Moudgil and Kevin Martin. Best of luck to all candidates, and whoever comes out on top after the polls close will get my full backing :thumbsup:

Thanks very much. I hope I get a chance to show your faith in my vote.

Leith Mo
15-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Mo, sorry I mentioned you specifically in the previous post.

No problem Kevin. Thanks for the positive part of your comment on our bumping in to each other at the NED meeting night.

On the note of candidates contributing on here and elsewhere or not, you may recall one person also present that night who subsequently has put their hat in the ring saying in open honesty that "technology wasn't their strongest point" to paraphrase? Whilst like many I question that statement as perhaps a weakness in that particular individual's case, it was made in a spirit of openness and honesty, and I have no doubts over that person's (nor any other candidate's for that matter) commitment to the Club and fellow supporters. It is in so many ways a balancing act. (For clarity, like you I do believe in the importance of internet communication and also the importance of face-to-face contact - that's the balance I mean). Also, before we are asked, I don't think it is my/any other candidate's place to name the person concerned, but supporters are clearly expressing an interest in the importance of the web as a communications vehicle and using it as a means of guiding their decision on who to vote for or not).

PatHead
15-01-2015, 03:17 PM
No problem Kevin. Thanks for the positive part of your comment on our bumping in to each other at the NED meeting night.

On the note of candidates contributing on here and elsewhere or not, you may recall one person also present that night who subsequently has put their hat in the ring saying in open honesty that "technology wasn't their strongest point" to paraphrase? Whilst like many I question that statement as perhaps a weakness in that particular individual's case, it was made in a spirit of openness and honesty, and I have no doubts over that person's (nor any other candidate's for that matter) commitment to the Club and fellow supporters. It is in so many ways a balancing act. (For clarity, like you I do believe in the importance of internet communication and also the importance of face-to-face contact - that's the balance I mean). Also, before we are asked, I don't think it is my/any other candidate's place to name the person concerned, but supporters are clearly expressing an interest in the importance of the web as a communications vehicle and using it as a means of guiding their decision on who to vote for or not).

Think I do remember a comment like that and there were one or two others made that night that made me think. On the whole though all the candidates were of a high quality and could do a reasonable job. The problem is the voters don't know that due to the lack of communication.

Like you I have no doubt that everyone who has nominated themselves loves Hibs and wants to do what is best for the club.

Good luck.

Kevin

Boris
15-01-2015, 04:56 PM

Better than sitting in the row behind him - you'd never see the game......................:greengrin

Jack
15-01-2015, 05:09 PM

Haha! Probably using social media to do so!

emerald green
15-01-2015, 06:23 PM
I've just voted. A good choice of candidates to choose from.

I'm sure whoever gets voted onto the Board will do an excellent job. I never thought I would see the day when fans were elected onto the board of HFC. Another very important step forward for our club.

bighairyfaeleith
15-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I have just voted for Kevin, mainly because I think short, fat and bald people should serve me.

There was more hair on pats cake than on kev's heid:wink:

Amit
15-01-2015, 06:58 PM
C

Thank you for your vote JoeT. Much appreciated.

Amit
15-01-2015, 07:00 PM

The Exile. Thank you very much.

rj1875
15-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Before this process, I knew Robert Johnston from one of his previous jobs, and I know of Frank Dougan partly because I sit in the row in front of him. I would have had no problem voting for Robert as he would be a strong candidate, however as a result of this very valuable thread I have voted for Kevin Martin and Amit Moudgil as they have come across really well. Well done to both of you, and to the other candidates for taking time out to come on here. Best of luck to all candidates, you are going to need it![/QUOTE]

Hi ...thank you for the mention if not the vote ... where did we work together about?

Weststandwanab
15-01-2015, 07:35 PM
It strikes me that Kevin and Amit are getting a lot of votes Who thinks they will not be elected ?

Peevemor
15-01-2015, 07:39 PM

I think that nowadays, in a world that's getting faster and faster, good internet communication skills are essential, maybe even more so than face-to-face contact for somebody who is there to represent a large number of people.

In any case good luck to all the candidates.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Are votes not meant to be private? :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
15-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Do you know my name?

It's private then:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Suppose it's up to the individual, if they want to divulge who they voted for?

Jonnyboy
15-01-2015, 07:50 PM

Generally yes but if folk are happy to say who they've voted for there's nothing to stop them doing that :aok:

Pretty Boy
15-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Opinions eh?

I'm sure other have answered you already but how boring are you?

If people don't campaign as you see fit then they are to be sneered at and dismissed as 'desperate'.

Another person who seems to hate this place but bores everyone to tears by continuing to post all the same.

PatHead
15-01-2015, 07:56 PM
I have just voted for Kevin, mainly because I think short, fat and bald people should serve me.

There was more hair on pats cake than on kev's heid:wink:

Thanks for the vote.

Wonder if comb overs will ever become fashionable again?

bighairyfaeleith
15-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the vote.

Wonder if comb overs will ever become fashionable again?

you planning implants?

JoeT_WasTheBest
15-01-2015, 09:22 PM

Hi ...thank you for the mention if not the vote ... where did we work together about?[/QUOTE]

SLI Robert, you gave me a lift home when Scotland froze over a few years ago! Should've voted for you because of that at least :greengrin

rj1875
15-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi ...thank you for the mention if not the vote ... where did we work together about?

SLI Robert, you gave me a lift home when Scotland froze over a few years ago! Should've voted for you because of that at least :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Ah I remember now .... happy days

JoeT_WasTheBest
15-01-2015, 09:36 PM
SLI Robert, you gave me a lift home when Scotland froze over a few years ago! Should've voted for you because of that at least :greengrin

Ah I remember now .... happy days[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Best of luck though Robert.

PatHead
15-01-2015, 09:56 PM
It strikes me that Kevin and Amit are getting a lot of votes Who thinks they will not be elected ?

You are a lot more confident than I am!

Whilst I really appreciate all the votes so far there are a number of other ways people have gained information and will be deciding their votes. Delighted with the response from the net so far and thank you very much to everyone who has voted for me.

Lot of work to be done yet though. If anyone has any questions they want to ask without anyone seeing them please pm me and I will get back as soon as possible. Alternatively please ask away.

Ronniekirk
15-01-2015, 10:08 PM
There is no doubt that they are being mentioned as the Dream Ticket by a few people and Amit was the first to come on and engage on this forum after candidates were announced and made a favourable impression but then tailed off Kevin has been very consistent in the last few weeks on here in engaging people and letting us know where he can be contacted .
But I wouldn't know how the votes are going and how others are canvassing support .so don't think conclusions can be drawn just from .net alone

Amit
15-01-2015, 10:20 PM
There is no doubt that they are being mentioned as the Dream Ticket by a few people and Amit was the first to come on and engage on this forum after candidates were announced and made a favourable impression but then tailed off Kevin has been very consistent in the last few weeks on here in engaging people and letting us know where he can be contacted .
But I wouldn't know how the votes are going and how others are canvassing support .so don't think conclusions can be drawn just from .net alone

Hi Ronnie,

I must admit I haven't been as vocal in the last wee while. However, I have purposely taken a little breather and it has been extremely interesting reading the interaction between everyone (not just questions being directed to candidates) and digesting this [emoji106]

I too have yet to vote [emoji6]

Cheers,

Amit

Ronniekirk
15-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Hi Ronnie,

I must admit I haven't been as vocal in the last wee while. However, I have purposely taken a little breather and it has been extremely interesting reading the interaction between everyone (not just questions being directed to candidates) and digesting this [emoji106]

I too have yet to vote [emoji6]

Cheers,

Amit

Well you know who the other half of the Dream Ticket is so there is one of your Votes :wink:

Jack
15-01-2015, 11:12 PM
One final question, pre close of votes.

Will you make yourself available for off - line [PM] for engagement on dotnet and have you asked the admin for an enormous box?

GeorgieH
16-01-2015, 12:17 AM

Will you make yourself available for off - line [PM] for engagement on dotnet and have you asked the admin for an enormous box?

If successful I would make myself available and would provide my phone number and e mail address to anyone who would like it

Cheers G

rj1875
16-01-2015, 06:11 AM

Of course - I would have no problem in doing that

PatHead
16-01-2015, 08:15 AM

Have already asked how .net would want me to engage by pm if I was lucky enough to be elected. I certainly would continue to respond to and contact posters via pm as and when they asked questions.

PatHead
16-01-2015, 08:17 AM
If successful I would make myself available and would provide my phone number and e mail address to anyone who would like it

Cheers G

Sure you will get a Hibs email address which will make life a lot easier as emails won't get lost in your own .

Amit
16-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Definitely. Already have a Hibs email address so that could help with "offline PM" engagement. Would need to ask .net re the mailbox size!

[emoji106]

Beefster
16-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Never mind that, if the winning candidates don't pop into Beefster Towers every second Thursday for a cup of tea, a slice of Bakewell and a gossip, I won't be happy.

scoopyboy
16-01-2015, 12:23 PM

I agree with that Ronnie.

I am a big fan of George Henry, and although he has posted a few times recently his biggest amount of voters will be guys he has met over the years at games home and away.

George is known by many players as well as supporters and like the others has a very good "CV" for the position.

I would think it would be very hard to draw up a bookies list of odds as I'm not sure where the bookie would start.

Glorious St Pat
16-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Sure you will get a Hibs email address which will make life a lot easier as emails won't get lost in your own .

Question for Kevin - what's your thought on returning the harp to the main stand and what do you suggest to celebrate our 140 years?

PatHead
16-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Question for Kevin - what's your thought on returning the harp to the main stand and what do you suggest to celebrate our 140 years?

Agree with the suggestions and would love a Crest on the West and the strip, not really had time to think about celebrations yet. I would also like to commemorate 25th anniversary of Hands Off Hibs as suggested by Tom Wright.

Ronniekirk
16-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Should you not pose the question to all candidates .Its none of my Business ,but from previous posts one could get the impression your not overly enamoured with Pats posting and views on certain subjects :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
16-01-2015, 08:33 PM

The harp is on the badge why does it need to be anywhere else

Glorious St Pat
16-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Should you not pose the question to all candidates .Its none of my Business ,but from previous posts one could get the impression your not overly enamoured with Pats posting and views on certain subjects :rolleyes:

Correct Ronnie should've been to all candidates.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm happy with the harp being on our badge, i dont want one on any stand. The club badge would be nice on every stand but i sure as hell dont want a harp on its own anywhere near the ground.

bighairyfaeleith
16-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Never mind that, if the winning candidates don't pop into Beefster Towers every second Thursday for a cup of tea, a slice of Bakewell and a gossip, I won't be happy.

Pop into beefster towers every thursday, what the bloody hell are we voting for here?

JimBHibees
16-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm happy with the harp being on our badge, i dont want one on any stand. The club badge would be nice on every stand but i sure as hell dont want a harp on its own anywhere near the ground.

Agree entirely

Glorious St Pat
16-01-2015, 09:30 PM

I remember Blackpool - a celebration of our entire 140 years.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2015, 09:37 PM

I'd be quite happy to put it to a vote, although what sticking a harp on the stadium in 2014 has to do with hibs now, especially when its on the clubs official badge i do not know?

FranckSuzy
16-01-2015, 09:59 PM
If it means we win the SC then they can put a harp on all the toilet seats for all I care :wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2015, 10:09 PM
If it means we win the SC then they can put a harp on all the toilet seats for all I care :wink:

Now thats an idea suzy. :wink:

FranckSuzy
16-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Now thats an idea suzy. :wink:

I will *vote for the candidate who proposes it to Rod :aok: :wink:

*Already voted so this is all lies :tee hee:

Ronniekirk
16-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I'd be quite happy to put it to a vote, although what sticking a harp on the stadium in 2014 has to do with hibs now, especially when its on the clubs official badge i do not know?

If it expunges the Gypsy Curse ,or is that just a Myth :wink:

Gerard
16-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Why not? If we can afford to do so then we should bring back the Harp.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2015, 10:42 PM

Given how tight budgets are in Scottish football can we ever afford it?

I'd be pretty pissed off if several thousand pounds that could have been used to boost the playing squad was used for a cosmetic 'upgrade' to the stadium.

Gerard
16-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Given how tight budgets are in Scottish football can we ever afford it?

I'd be pretty pissed off if several thousand pounds that could have been used to boost the playing squad was used for a cosmetic 'upgrade' to the stadium.

That is a reasonable concern. IMO the playing squad comes first. If funds were to come from another source that does not effect the PS then that is another matter.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2015, 06:59 AM

The harp is on our badge, i'm all for our identity being plastered all over the ground, not one part of it.

JimBHibees
17-01-2015, 07:29 AM

Which should encompass all aspects of the clubs history not just one something the current badge clearly does very well.

Jack
17-01-2015, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't mind the harp being used on its own - along with the other 3 images on the badge; the ball, the boat and the castle. I think a display, or displays, using these as separate images as a theme around the stadium could be used to great effect.

The West Stand though should have the whole badge and HIBERNIAN FC in letters at least 20 feet high along the length of it :-)

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2015, 09:19 AM
What about the ball with the Crown badge and the Belhaven one too. Let's cover the place in old badges and have it lit up like a Christmas tree.

Pretty Boy
17-01-2015, 09:30 AM
What about the ball with the Crown badge and the Belhaven one too. Let's cover the place in old badges and have it lit up like a Christmas tree.

A massive H on the helipad is a given of course.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Make it a harp - 2 birds with 1 stone?

Gerard
17-01-2015, 10:19 AM

There has to be more than one
helipad:wink::greengrin

hibseleven
17-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Definitely. Already have a Hibs email address so that could help with "offline PM" engagement. Would need to ask .net re the mailbox size!

[emoji106]

Do all the candidates get a Hibs email address?

Brightside
17-01-2015, 11:06 AM

I've no interest in wasting much needed funds on Harps or any other jewellery for the stadium.

Brooster
17-01-2015, 11:06 AM

[emoji106]

You already have a Hibs email address? Are you an employee of the club? I'm interested ti know why you have an official address.

Amit
17-01-2015, 11:10 AM
You already have a Hibs email address? Are you an employee of the club? I'm interested ti know why you have an official address.

Was provided it for the youth recruitment work I'm helping out Hibs with.

[emoji106]

hibseleven
17-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Was provided it for the youth recruitment work I'm helping out Hibs with.

[emoji106]

Will this factor into the voting process??

Amit
17-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Will this factor into the voting process??

Helping out purely on a voluntary basis (not an employee). So not a problem. From what I understand If you are an employee of the Club you wouldn't be able to put yourself forward for the supporters rep position.

Hope that clears things up [emoji106]

hibseleven
17-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Helping out purely on a voluntary basis (not an employee). So not a problem. From what I understand If you are an employee of the Club you wouldn't be able to put yourself forward for the supporters rep position.

Hope that clears things up [emoji106]

As long as it's a level playing field for all candidates.

Amit
17-01-2015, 11:33 AM
As long as it's a level playing field for all candidates.

Totally agree [emoji106]

Brooster
17-01-2015, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Amit;4275324]Was provided it for the youth recruitment work I'm helping out Hibs with.

[emoji106][/QUOTE

So you work for the club and are standing for election to the board as a fans representative?

Amit
17-01-2015, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=Amit;4275324]Was provided it for the youth recruitment work I'm helping out Hibs with.

[emoji106][/QUOTE

So you work for the club and are standing for election to the board as a fans representative?

A lot of supporters volunteer their spare time to help out the Club. I'm not employed by the club nor have I signed any contract etc.

Cheers,

Amit

Brooster
17-01-2015, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=Brooster;4275342]

A lot of supporters volunteer their spare time to help out the Club. I'm not employed by the club nor have I signed any contract etc.

Cheers,

Amit

You didnt answer my question

Beefster
17-01-2015, 11:57 AM

Yes, he did. He said he doesn't work for the club but has volunteered.

No different to folk from WT standing (of which there are at least a couple AFAIK).

Gerard
17-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Some of the candidates are working with the board in the capacity of WT. As one of the candidates I am glad that this election will soon end and the 2 people who are elected can engage with the fans as Hibs directors. I hope that the other 15 candidates will contribute their skills to our club in some way.

matty_f
17-01-2015, 08:12 PM

I thought it was clearly answered by Amit.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2015, 08:14 PM

He did S. As others have said, lots of folk volunteer their time including at least a couple on the WT team

Brooster
17-01-2015, 08:27 PM
He did S. As others have said, lots of folk volunteer their time including at least a couple on the WT team

Fair enough. Do they all have official hibs email addresses?

Jonnyboy
17-01-2015, 08:30 PM

I guess it will depend what they're actually doing in their voluntary capacity?

PatHead
17-01-2015, 08:42 PM

Amit is the only one I am aware of with an email address but he has never attended WT.

I have access to a group one re ticket allocation but it does not include my name as I specifically asked for it not to.

Argylehibby
17-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Not sure why there is any importance attributed to Amit having a hibs e mail address if he is helping the club on a voluntary basis. Kevin volunteers at the club on a weekly basis, is an active member of WT and his statement talks of his relationship with the club management. Im sure others have given their time to assist the club and if using a club e mail helps with that I can't see a problem.

SteveHFC
17-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Just in case anyone wants to meet me I will be in Behind the Goals from 12 until just before 2pm starting upstairs. At 2pm I will be in the Hibs Club upstairs meeting the Linlithgow bus. I am sure they wouldn't object if someone wants to pop in.

I will try and see as many fans as possible but during the match my seat is in the West Lower Row T, seat 159.

I am open to offers after the match!

Kevin Martin

I'm sure you sit on my old seat :greengrin

PatHead
17-01-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm sure you sit on my old seat :greengrin

Just as well you moved or I would have crushed you sitting on your knee.:tee hee:

PatHead
17-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Not sure why there is any importance attributed to Amit having a hibs e mail address if he is helping the club on a voluntary basis. Kevin volunteers at the club on a weekly basis, is an active member of WT and his statement talks of his relationship with the club management. Im sure others have given their time to assist the club and if using a club e mail helps with that I can't see a problem.

Yip.

Glorious St Pat
17-01-2015, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't mind the harp being used on its own - along with the other 3 images on the badge; the ball, the boat and the castle. I think a display, or displays, using these as separate images as a theme around the stadium could be used to great effect.

The West Stand though should have the whole badge and HIBERNIAN FC in letters at least 20 feet high along the length of it :-)

Great post and something I would love to see and it would provide the ecumenical touch that some are looking for

SteveHFC
17-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Just as well you moved or I would have crushed you sitting on your knee.:tee hee:

:hilarious

Leith Mo
18-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Good result yesterday and good to see a lot of people after the game. Amongst others I also met with some of the other candidates and can say we all had a good conversation and as I have said from the outset we all want the best for Hibs and not for selfish reasons. One thing that came out of it was we all agreed that after the dust settles regardless of whether we are selected or not all 17 candidates should get together and share ideas. Personally I think this would be a great way not only to congratulate the "winners" but also to help ensure further communication of some of the ideas that those who voted for remaining 15 directly from day one.
Last day of voting so if you haven't already done so please do. Good luck to everyone and thanks again. Morris

bighairyfaeleith
18-01-2015, 08:29 AM
When does it get announced?

Jack
18-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Good result yesterday and good to see a lot of people after the game. Amongst others I also met with some of the other candidates and can say we all had a good conversation and as I have said from the outset we all want the best for Hibs and not for selfish reasons. One thing that came out of it was we all agreed that after the dust settles regardless of whether we are selected or not all 17 candidates should get together and share ideas. Personally I think this would be a great way not only to congratulate the "winners" but also to help ensure further communication of some of the ideas that those who voted for remaining 15 directly from day one.
Last day of voting so if you haven't already done so please do. Good luck to everyone and thanks again. Morris

If the candidates want to give their expertise and time to Hibs then they would be most welcome at Working Together meetings, as of course is anyone else. :-)

Andy74
18-01-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm still amazed that I think I've only heard from a handful of the 17.

Good on the guys who have been on here getting involved in sometimes some awkward questions and good luck to you all.

The position will be difficult but really interesting I think. Hopefully the fans recognise the limits of what you can do but also the opportunity to hear a bit at least about how things work at board level here.

Hibby_Paul
18-01-2015, 11:24 AM

Great words Morris agree with that.

Nice to meet you, albeit briefly in the East stand before kick off (I was with Amit!)

Leith Mo
18-01-2015, 01:55 PM
When does it get announced?
Voting closes midnight tonight so would think Tuesday/Wednesday? Nothing confirmed yet

Leith Mo
18-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Great words Morris agree with that.

Nice to meet you, albeit briefly in the East stand before kick off (I was with Amit!)

Thanks Paul - you too and hopefully see you again soon for a longer chat.

PatHead
18-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Voting closes midnight tonight so would think Tuesday/Wednesday? Nothing confirmed yet

Asked Colin Millar yesterday and he said probably latter half of the week as they have to check all paper applications. Was surprised it would take that long.

Kaiserclem
18-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Not long now folks, good luck to everyone who has committed and made the effort. Chosen my two but whoever it is please ensure you do the fans proud and not just yourself.

FranckSuzy
18-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Not long now folks, good luck to everyone who has committed and made the effort. Chosen my two but whoever it is please ensure you do the fans proud and not just yourself.

:agree:

Kaiserclem
18-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Someone clearly won't be voting for Amit going by posts above lol. I myself have cast my vote for Amit, seems a good hibby and down to Earth. Good luck to everyone.

PatHead
18-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Promise to do my best if elected.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Sauzee07
23-01-2015, 08:52 AM
When is the club going to announce the outcome? Seems to be taking a very long time to count the votes! Apologies if I have missed something, wouldn't be the first time!!

PatHead
23-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Haven't heard anything yet but we were told it probably would be second half of this week we heard. Be glad when it is all over.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Haven't heard anything yet but we were told it probably would be second half of this week we heard. Be glad when it is all over.

I'm not 100% sure but i'd guess they have been a tad busy this week? :wink:

Beefster
23-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Has Mike Riley announced that, personally speaking as HSA Chairman, he recommends that Hibs supporters don't work with the fans representatives on the Board?

PatHead
23-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Has Mike Riley announced that, personally speaking as HSA Chairman, he recommends that Hibs supporters don't work with the fans representatives on the Board?

Not that I am aware off.

Oscar T Grouch
23-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Not that I am aware off.

I think this might have been slightly sarcastic? We really need a sarcasm smilie on this board :green grin:

edit: I maybe wrong, its just the way I read it.

Leith Mo
23-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Just got email from Colin Millar at Hibs to say that the Club wil speak to all candidates on Monday and announce the result shortly thereafter.
Good luck to all for a nervous weekend!

greenginger
23-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Promise to do my best if elected.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Good luck Pat, 3 votes from me and the family :thumbsup:

PatHead
23-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Good luck Pat, 3 votes from me and the family :thumbsup:

Thanks very much Greenginger.

Be glad when this weekend is over as I keep getting called by folk either telling me rumours or asking if I have heard.

SteveHFC
23-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Thanks very much Greenginger.

Be glad when this weekend is over as I keep getting called by folk either telling me rumours or asking if I have heard.

Good luck mate. :thumbsup:

PatHead
23-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Good luck mate. :thumbsup:

Ta

Beefster
23-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Not that I am aware off.

Sorry. I was being facetious.

Martinwillis
23-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Just back from the HTC and had the chance to chat to a few folk. The coaching staff are excited about all of the news coming out of the club at the moment. There will be an announcement made on Tuesday or Wednesday next week regarding the two chosen supporters.

Barney McGrew
23-01-2015, 08:44 PM
My understanding is that Hibs are speaking to all the candidates on Monday, with an announcement to follow.

Andy74
26-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Just heard from the club - narrowly missed out on the top two places. Can I just take the opportunity to the people who voted for me. Clearly a lot more than j was expecting - I came fourth out of the 17 applicants.

I am delighted with the response and the opportunity it has given me to become increasingly involved. I will still be going to the working together groups and it would seem as if the club is keen to involve me in the newly restructured youth player recruitment system.

the main reason for my post today though is to congratulate the two successful candidates and with them the best.

GGTTH

MARTIN

@mrmartinwillis

From the announcement: Outside of the two elected, those who finished highest in the poll were Kevin Martin (297 votes), Duncan Walker (248 votes) and Gordon Munro (238 votes).

Have they missed you?

Pete
26-01-2015, 05:00 PM
From the announcement: Outside of the two elected, those who finished highest in the poll were Kevin Martin (297 votes), Duncan Walker (248 votes) and Gordon Munro (238 votes).

Have they missed you?

I wouldn't worry about it.

It's good to hear that the club are still asking you to be involved in some way Martin. I hope all the candidates are offered the opportunity to use their skills to help the club.

Martinwillis
26-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Interesting... That's what I was told on the phone - odd!

Andy74
26-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Interesting... That's what I was told on the phone - odd!

Sorry, I wasn't being cheeky, it was a shame if they had just made a wee mistake on the announcenent that they could fix was what I was thinking!

Leith Mo
26-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Was called by a Non executive of Hibs and given the news today. Given his mobile number and encouraged to contact him any suggestions and ideas. Been in direct contact with Amit (congratulations again mate) but not yet with Frank (again congratulations Frank) we know a lot of people in common so sure we'll speak.

Martinwillis
26-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Have since spoken to Colin - I must have misheard over the phone...

Anyway - the main purpose of my original post still stands - best of luck to frank and Amit. I really hope it is a positive experience for them and the club.

martin

GeorgieH
26-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Well done lads and all the best in the role