PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BOARD NOMINATIONS UPDATE

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

PatHead
30-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Following a request from the Bounce I have requested facilities from Hibs for Wednesday 14th January at Easter Road to hold a meeting for all candidates to present to supporters at 6.00pm during the Working Together meeting. I have also requested the Hibs Club provide facilities before the Falkirk game for a similar meeting.

If anyone on the site is an official or secretary of a Supporters Club and can help ensure facilities at the club are available it would be appreciated. An independent chair for the meeting would be helpful. I would envisage 2 minutes per candidate talk and then Q&A from floor so maybe a 1pm start on the Saturday.

If any other candidates have an objection or a better suggestion please let me know. I would also be happy to attend other meetings of supporters if they were arranged.

This will give all supporters the chance to meet candidates. I realise this may impact on my vote but honestly want to ensure the best 2 candidates are put on the board.

It has been suggested that anyone who does not know who to vote for should wait until after the meetings before casting a vote which makes sense to me.

I will update you once I have confirmation of either meeting. I would propose it is advertised in the Hibs website as well as mentioned in the press.

Kevin Martin

GeorgieH
30-12-2014, 09:47 AM
Following a request from the Bounce I have requested facilities from Hibs for Wednesday 14th January at Easter Road to hold a meeting for all candidates to present to supporters at 6.00pm during the Working Together meeting. I have also requested the Hibs Club provide facilities before the Falkirk game for a similar meeting.

If anyone on the site is an official or secretary of a Supporters Club and can help ensure facilities at the club are available it would be appreciated. An independent chair for the meeting would be helpful. I would envisage 2 minutes per candidate talk and then Q&A from floor so maybe a 1pm start on the Saturday.

If any other candidates have an objection or a better suggestion please let me know. I would also be happy to attend other meetings of supporters if they were arranged.

This will give all supporters the chance to meet candidates. I realise this may impact on my vote but honestly want to ensure the best 2 candidates are put on the board.

It has been suggested that anyone who does not know who to vote for should wait until after the meetings before casting a vote which makes sense to me.

I will update you once I have confirmation of either meeting. I would propose it is advertised in the Hibs website as well as mentioned in the press.

I would be more than happy to attend any meetings and participate in a Q&A with supporters so everyone has the opprtunity to hear from all candidates.

The one thing that did cross my mind is that starting it at 1pm may not leave us enough time to get through everything

PatHead
30-12-2014, 09:51 AM
I would be more than happy to attend any meetings and participate in a Q&A with supporters so everyone has the opprtunity to hear from all candidates.

The one thing that did cross my mind is that starting it at 1pm may not leave us enough time to get through everything

Would give us 30 minutes for personal statements and 1 hour 10 minutes for Q&A. Seems okay to me but happy to move it forward.

Kevin Martin

GeorgieH
30-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Would give us 30 minutes for personal statements and 1 hour 10 minutes for Q&A. Seems okay to me but happy to move it forward.

Kevin Martin

I suppose it will all depend on how many turn up and how many questions there are. Happy to go ahead as planned

PatHead
30-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I suppose it will all depend on how many turn up and how many questions there are. Happy to go ahead as planned

Should make it clear I will ask Colin Millar to invite each candidate and for an independent chair to be provided at each meeting.

Kevin Martin

Martinwillis
30-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Sounds like a great plan to me. Unfortunately though, we would need all of the candidates to agree to attend - otherwise it would create an unfair platform for the vote and I am not sure the club would be happy with it.

you can certainly put my name down though!

GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

GeorgieH
30-12-2014, 10:10 AM
I really do not know who to vote for. I don't know any of the candidates personally and it is very difficult to judge from the personal statements as, out of necessity, they are pretty brief and some do not even have photo's. I know this is not a very helpful post but I'll bet there are thousands like me and that makes it a bit of a lottery.

Ultimately I want someone who has no 'agenda,' is open to rational discussion, fairly long term in their approach and not prone to panic and rabble rouse every time we lose and is dedicated, creative and understands the club needs to build a quality 'brand' which is again leading in Scotland. And is not on some ego trip. Does such a person exist?

Islington Hibs

I fully understand where you are coming from in your assessment. From a personal point of view I had written my statement based on the skill set provided by the club and what was required for the role to hopefully demonstrate to supporters how I meet them.

I certainly have no agenda whatsoever, I applied because like many other supporters have been devestated by our demise and how distant the club has become from the lifeblood of the club (the fans). It is now time for change and the news from yesterday seems very promising but we all need to stand up and be counted and be in for the long haul. That is why I am committed to doing what I can to bridge that gap.

If you wanted to have a chat regading things then drop me a message and we could arrange something.

PatHead
30-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a great plan to me. Unfortunately though, we would need all of the candidates to agree to attend - otherwise it would create an unfair platform for the vote and I am not sure the club would be happy with it.

you can certainly put my name down though!

GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

Equally Martin it is up to the candidates to make time for the meetings. One candidate cannot ruin it for everyone else. If they cannot make time for the meeting it says more about their ability to do the job on the Board than a 2 minute statement will.

Can I ask both you and George who are posting just now- can you guarantee you will get time off from your employers to attend all the meetings required of a non Exec director - including supporter engagement- and have you discussed it with them yet?

Kevin Martin

GeorgieH
30-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Equally Martin it is up to the candidates to make time for the meetings. One candidate cannot ruin it for everyone else. If they cannot make time for the meeting it says more about their ability to do the job on the Board than a 2 minute statement will.

Can I ask both you and George who are posting just now- can you guarantee you will get time off from your employers to attend all the meetings required of a non Exec director - including supporter engagement- and have you discussed it with them yet?

Kevin Martin

Kevin the answer is yes to all your questions. I wouldn't have applied if I wasn't committed to put my all into the role

PatHead
30-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Good to hear.

Argylehibby
30-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Equally Martin it is up to the candidates to make time for the meetings. One candidate cannot ruin it for everyone else. If they cannot make time for the meeting it says more about their ability to do the job on the Board than a 2 minute statement will.Can I ask both you and George who are posting just now- can you guarantee you will get time off from your employers to attend all the meetings required of a non Exec director - including supporter engagement- and have you discussed it with them yet?

Kevin Martin

Sorry Kevin but these sweeping statements concern me considerably if I am honest.

The date you propose here is 2 weeks away and any one of the prospective candidates could already have plans they cannot change, such as foreign holidays or a business trip. Going forward, Board Meetings at the club will be scheduled well in advance and plans can be made around them. Not being able to attend this hastily arranged meeting says absolutely nothing about their commitment to the role or to their ability to carry it out in the long term. Ability to arrange your diary at short notice is not one of the main requirements of a Non Exec. Director.

Less concerning but none the less something I also feel slightly uncomfortable with is one candidate taking a lead in organising an event of this nature. If the club want to arrange this at a date and time that suits all candidates then I'm all for it but with respect, as one of the candidates involved it should not be something you are driving IMHO.

Gerard
30-12-2014, 12:57 PM
I would also be happy to attend a Q AND A session with the other candidates.
regards
Gerard

ronaldo7
30-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Kevin Martin

Poor show Kevin. You need to take a chill. Have a cadbury's caramel.:greengrin

PatHead
30-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Sorry Kevin but these sweeping statements concern me considerably if I am honest.

The date you propose here is 2 weeks away and any one of the prospective candidates could already have plans they cannot change, such as foreign holidays or a business trip. Going forward, Board Meetings at the club will be scheduled well in advance and plans can be made around them. Not being able to attend this hastily arranged meeting says absolutely nothing about their commitment to the role or to their ability to carry it out in the long term. Ability to arrange your diary at short notice is not one of the main requirements of a Non Exec. Director.

Less concerning but none the less something I also feel slightly uncomfortable with is one candidate taking a lead in organising an event of this nature. If the club want to arrange this at a date and time that suits all candidates then I'm all for it but with respect, as one of the candidates involved it should not be something you are driving IMHO.

All I am trying to do is to give all the candidates the chance to make a case for a seat on the board. That we we have a better chance of getting the right people on board.

It was suggested by someone that this was done and in the absence of someone else doing it I felt it was the only way to get it up and running as time is short. I have already said that an independent chairman should be in charge and I would expect a draw to be done for the order of presentations. Regarding it being hastily arranged I can't think of a better time than before a Hibs game or on the midweek before voting closes.

Can say I stand by my statement that one candidate cannot demand a presentation is cancelled equally I cannot demand everyone attends and have given the candidates a chance to have their say on whether one should take place. If someone can't make it for a valid reason let them send their apologies. They could get someone to read a statement for them to ensure representation.

Happy to listen to suggestions as to alternatives or if you or someone else wanted to take a lead they are welcome.

The bottom line is that I too have a vote and don't know who half the candidates are or what they really stand for. It would help all voters make their mind up. Surely the more information the better.

Finally the elected people will not only be normal Non Execs but Supporters Representatives and will be required to meet supporters on a regular basis. Contact with supporters is therefore vital.

Poor show Kevin. You need to take a chill. Have a cadbury's caramel.:greengrin

I'm alright thanks Ronaldo, no Caramels left I'm afraid. I'll settle for fresh bread and pate.

ronaldo7
30-12-2014, 02:20 PM
All I am trying to do is to give all the candidates the chance to make a case for a seat on the board. That we we have a better chance of getting the right people on board.

It was suggested by someone that this was done and in the absence of someone else doing it I felt it was the only way to get it up and running as time is short. I have already said that an independent chairman should be in charge and I would expect a draw to be done for the order of presentations. Regarding it being hastily arranged I can't think of a better time than before a Hibs game or on the midweek before voting closes.

Can say I stand by my statement that one candidate cannot demand a presentation is cancelled equally I cannot demand everyone attends and have given the candidates a chance to have their say on whether one should take place. If someone can't make it for a valid reason let them send their apologies. They could get someone to read a statement for them to ensure representation.

Happy to listen to suggestions as to alternatives or if you or someone else wanted to take a lead they are welcome.

The bottom line is that I too have a vote and don't know who half the candidates are or what they really stand for. It would help all voters make their mind up. Surely the more information the better.

Finally the elected people will not only be normal Non Execs but Supporters Representatives and will be required to meet supporters on a regular basis. Contact with supporters is therefore vital.

This is why I said at the outset, the club had not thought this through. They should have taken their time and got it right. We now have one of the candidates(You) running around trying to contact all and sundry to get some Hustings done at the club or before a match in the HSA. Sorry Kevin, but your ego is getting the better of you here.

It's the club who are running the process...Not you. As I said, you need to take it easy bud.

I'm alright thanks Ronaldo, no Caramels left I'm afraid. I'll settle for fresh bread and pate.

PatHead
30-12-2014, 02:26 PM

Can assure you it isn't ego but an attempt to get as fair a system as possible.

I'll leave it at that if it is okay with you?

ronaldo7
30-12-2014, 02:31 PM

I think you'd be best to. The system has been set by the club. They are the ones running this aren't they:dunno:

PatHead
30-12-2014, 02:40 PM
The club have told me it is up to candidates to canvas as they want as they would be uncomfortable organising things. Got to dash.

Kevin

tartanhibee
30-12-2014, 02:59 PM
So for trying to organise something for everyone to showcase what they can offer the fans he is on an ego trip.

I think it's good that initiative has been shown and someone has tried to organise a Q&A.

I am still undecided who I am going to vote for and have followed candidates on here and the bounce. What it has shown me is the candidates that get the positions will have to work hard and I hope that they all relise that this won't be a walk in the park

TRC
30-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I like the look of Keith Williamson no other reason than he used to drive me the length and breadth of the country to watch Hibs. He is a big hibby though.

Jack
30-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I think it's good on PatHead to get something organised.

If candidates want to take advantage that's up to them. Likewise if they don't then that's up to them too.

PatHead
30-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Unfortunately Management at the club feel that they don't "want to get involved in another candidate meet." They feel it is "up to nominees to canvas as they want".

I assume this is so they do not get accused of favouring any candidates in the event of some not being available.

Still keen to progress this at the Hibs club or alternative venue if anyone can help.

Gerard
30-12-2014, 05:30 PM
I am also happy to take part in a Q and A session as one of the candidates. The electorate may find it useful to know what the candidates will do if elected as directors and a Q and A is a good one to help people decide who they will vote for. As a director of Hibs It will be a difficult task to be effective as a director but one that can be done if you are prepared to listen to the concerns of the Hibs Family and then make their concerns known to the Hibs BODs. The good news that the club has released this week regarding reduction of debt and creation of new shares are good examples that the 'winds of change' are taking place at our club.

Amit
30-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Happy to take part in any form of Q&A whether it be on here, at the hibs club, at the stadium [even during match days at my seat, your seat, in the concourse... ;-) ], on the street (if anyone recognises me)....

In other words, I'm open to any form of interaction formal or informal. It is important that voters get to know the candidates and what type of people they are (i.e. personality, background, strengths etc).

PatHead
30-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Happy to take part in any form of Q&A whether it be on here, at the hibs club, at the stadium [even during match days at my seat, your seat, in the concourse... ;-) ], on the street (if anyone recognises me)....

In other words, I'm open to any form of interaction formal or informal. It is important that voters get to know the candidates and what type of people they are (i.e. personality, background, strengths etc).

Couldn't agree more, look forward to meeting you as well.

Kevin Martin

Hibby_Paul
30-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Good shout Kevin in trying to arrange this. It's disappointing that Hibs officially or the Hibs supporters club weren't a bit more proactive or supportive in trying to do something as seems to be what a lot of folk want.

It's prob difficult to get a 100% attendance from all but at least you are trying to do something.

My second vote is up for grabs and you are leading the race so far.

Side issue but Also disappointing that some candidates don't seem to have introduced themselves on net, bounce, Facebook groups etc. While Hibs club and other associations are very important modern technology is the way of future and I'd like to have seen at least something from everyone.

Ronniekirk
30-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Still haven't voted but based on your contributions on here to date am seriously considering voting for you . if there is to be a forum where candidates can answer questions will wait till that before finally deciding

Brooster
30-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Are any of the candidates willing to divulge seat numbers or pre match whereabouts for the derby? I wouldn't mind having a chat with the guys I haven't had the chance to talk to yet.

PatHead
30-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Are any of the candidates willing to divulge seat numbers or pre match whereabouts for the derby? I wouldn't mind having a chat with the guys I haven't had the chance to tak to yet.

Section 5, row5, seat 5ish. (not sure of exact seat number as there are 4 going)

Brooster
30-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Section 5, row5, seat 5ish. (not sure of exact seat number as there are 4 going)

Thanks PH. What section is that in? Im in section J.

PatHead
30-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Thanks PH. What section is that in? Im in section J.
K

Kevin Martin

Amit
30-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Still haven't voted but based on your contributions on here to date am seriously considering voting for you . if there is to be a forum where candidates can answer questions will wait till that before finally deciding

Cheers Ronniekirk [emoji106]

Martinwillis
30-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Kevin Martin

Thanks Kevin - let me know if something comes together. I have indeed cleared with my employers em that I will be given time to support this fully.

for those that don't know already, I am a primary school teacher, but my passion is football and coaching. My school sees this as something that they are keen to support me in.

dont have my Derby ticket details with me as on holiday down south at the moment , but will certainly publish them here once home tomorrow.

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2014, 10:06 PM

You're certainly coming across as keen, enthusiastic and eager to impress.

hibees 7062
30-12-2014, 10:11 PM
I think it's good on PatHead to get something organised.

If candidates want to take advantage that's up to them. Likewise if they don't then that's up to them too.

How are you no a candidate ?

Jack
30-12-2014, 10:31 PM
How are you no a candidate ?

Lots of reasons ; -) I think the main one is I'm not as mad as these folk!

We're now on page 19 of the Spanish Inquisition with 2 weeks still to go and then for the next 2 (3?) years it will probably get worse!

I did a lot of trail blazing in my working life and am now enjoying my retirement with not a care in the world. Why I ever thought it might a good idea to stand eludes me. Maybe a little madness still to be flushed out the system :-)

Thanks for asking.

GeorgieH
30-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Are any of the candidates willing to divulge seat numbers or pre match whereabouts for the derby? I wouldn't mind having a chat with the guys I haven't had the chance to talk to yet.

Like most away games there is around 20 of us going and we will be going to the Roseburn or Murrayfield before the game

I will be sitting between the bottom and top tier directly to the left of the goals when your looking at the pitch, can't miss me :wink:

hibernation
30-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Hi all,

Thought I would finally introduce myself. I am Keith Williamson, one of the candidates for the supporters reps positions. To give you a bit more info about me, I am in my early 30s and have supported hibs for 20 odd years. I have had a ST for most of those years and try to get to as many away games as possible. I grew up in a jambo heartland on the southside of the city but fortunately I was introduced to hibs and never looked back.

My aim is to try and represent all hibs fans. This will not change with the events of the last few days. As I said in my personal statement, one of the key parts of the supporter rep role in my eyes, will be to represent the views of the fans during the appraisal of the boards performance. I think the potential ownership changes will allow the supporters reps - and the fans - a genuine influence in this process, whoever the board or chairman is when the changes go through.

Overall though, I hope that whoever has the privilege of being elected, uses the position to bridge the gap between the board and the fans and help rebuild the club at one of the most key points at our recent history.

Thanks for reading this post and please do get in touch if you have any questions. For those heading to the Derby, I am sitting in section M, row 16, seat 29. Feel free to come and have a chat. For those not heading to the game, I sit in the east, row L, seat 106 and will be in the BTG at the Falkirk and Cowdenbeath games.

Finally, for those that are trying to organise it, I am happy to participate in a Q&A session if it gets sorted.

All that I need to say now is Happy New Year to you all, when it comes, and let's hope we hump those lot on saturday.

Keith

Newhaven
30-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Firstly, Im glad this thread has stayed on track and the candidates have had a chance to add more meat to the bones re: their nominations and motivation for putting themselves forward.

For anyone swaying or wanting more knowledge behind Amit's nomination let me add my tuppence!

I have known Amit for a good number of years now both on a work and personal level and feel he would be perfect for the role. He's not afraid of a challenge and has the youth and drive to make a difference as the supporters rep.

The guy has a clear passion for the club and wants to get us back to where it belongs in scottish football.

The 'tick' list for the suitable candidate is long and varied but he crosses off all of the essentials which gets my vote and hopefully many others.

Good luck to you all :aok:

Gerard
30-12-2014, 11:56 PM
are any of the candidates willing to divulge seat numbers or pre match whereabouts for the derby? I wouldn't mind having a chat with the guys i haven't had the chance to talk to yet.

ff jj76 upper stand

PatHead
03-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Just to remind anyone who has any questions. I am in Section K Row 5 around seat 3 today.

Hibs_of_Midlothian
04-01-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't know any of the candidates personally so I'm not sure who I want to vote for.

I would be interested to know if any of them have / had any connection to BuyHibs / HOH.

It would also be good to know their thoughts on both BuyHibs in general and the Boards proposals in particular.

Martinwillis
04-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi there - I have said before that I wasn't particularly keen on 100% supporter ownership. I am very happy with the announcements made last week regarding 51% of the club being made available as shares.

Anyone who votes for me can rest assured that they have voted for someone who will ensure that the views of supportera are heard and valued. It was great to meet with so many of you before the Derby on Saturday - I am excited at the prospect of possibly being in a position soon to meet regularly with supporters with the responsibility of taking this feedback to the club.

feel free to ask me any questions - easiest via Twitter @mrmartinwillis

PatHead
04-01-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't know any of the candidates personally so I'm not sure who I want to vote for.

I would be interested to know if any of them have / had any connection to BuyHibs / HOH.

It would also be good to know their thoughts on both BuyHibs in general and the Boards proposals in particular.

Can confirm I have never had any connection with Buy Hibs/HoH. I went to hear what BuyHibs had to say as I am interested in hearing anything that may improve Hibs. Couldn't make it to the HoH presentation they had but would have gone if I could have made it.

Think BuyHibs made a massive mistake in launching before they spoke to the board and not having the "Big Guns" at their supporter meetings in the Hibs Club. I prefer the new model to what they appeared to be offering.

With regard to the new model I think it is great that supporters are getting a chance to invest in the club although I am not keen on 100% fan ownership.

Gerard
04-01-2015, 05:05 PM
I attended a Buy Hibs meeting but was not connected with them. IMO the proposal for ownership being advocated by our club is the right one. It gives fans the chance to own a majority stake in the club. I look forward to the AGM and for more details to be communicated to us.

GeorgieH
04-01-2015, 07:25 PM

To answer your question I have had discussions with HOH, however it was at an early stage of their campaign. I think that the HOH guys done an incredible amount of work getting their aims out to the Hibs supporters, the main aim being that the stadium and training centre would remain part of the football club for years to come. Something that I feel is essential in the club moving forward, we must remain a major part of our community.

I haven't had any discussions with Buy Hibs however a lot of their aims mirrored that of HOH.

I think that the clubs announcement has moved things forward once again and I personally look forward to seeing the full details behind that.

I think all of the above give the role of the fans representation on the board an even greater weighting. If I am lucky enough to be voted into the role then I will ensure that every supporters group or association will have their voice heard at board room level so we can continue to take steps forward in improving our football club.

big-mo
05-01-2015, 12:39 PM
I have read some of the comments posted on this thread and would like to clarify a few things, firstly, my brother 'Big' Frank Dougan is standing as one of the candidates.
There has been a few comments regarding candidate's presence on on-line forums, I can assure you that Frank does read the postings on both the .Net and the Bounce but never comments on them. He does not post as he feels that by doing so he would maybe just get into the situation where he would be pulled into arguments and end up getting someones back up, (a situation that he would not be afraid of with other board members if elected as he would be able to put his views forward on a face-to-face basis). Not everyone wants to enter into debates on social media, I myself rarely post, but when I do it is often in my role as Secretary of the Hibernian Former Players Association where I want to make the broader Hibs Family aware of something that is happening with regard to the HFPA.
Frank has also been 'criticised' for not making it clear on his views on Rod Petrie an the Petrie-Out campaign, for anyone who knows Frank there is no dubiety on his views on Mr Petrie, you would only have to ask the chairman if there is any love lost between them.
I would also like to point out the Frank did not put himself forward for the board but was added to the list as he was nominated by a number of other Hibs fans. ( this would maybe dismiss the options of some who suggest that he would be only doing it for self-interest)
Frank attends nearly every Hibs home and away games (with the exception of Tynecastle) including the u20s/Developments team games and he can be approached at any game to discuss any football related issues. He would, if elected, sill sit with he fans at away games and he would also continue to renew his season ticket at Easter Road even if he had to sit in the directors box.

Some members have pointed out the business attributes of some of the candidates, this is fine, but I would like to point out that the board already have, finance, HR, marketing etc. covered and what they are looking for is the Fans views on club issues.

I would like to propose that after the election, the .Net set-up a separate section on the site where members can let the Fans Reps on the board know of issues that they would like them to deal with, this might save the Reps having to trawl through every thread looking out for issues that members would like addressed.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 12:45 PM
I have read some of the comments posted on this thread and would like to clarify a few things, firstly, my brother 'Big' Frank Dougan is standing as one of the candidates.
There has been a few comments regarding candidate's presence on on-line forums, I can assure you that Frank does read the postings on both the .Net and the Bounce but never comments on them. He does not post as he feels that by doing so he would maybe just get into the situation where he would be pulled into arguments and end up getting someones back up, (a situation that he would not be afraid of with other board members if elected as he would be able to put his views forward on a face-to-face basis). Not everyone wants to enter into debates on social media, I myself rarely post, but when I do it is often in my role as Secretary of the Hibernian Former Players Association where I want to make the broader Hibs Family aware of something that is happening with regard to the HFPA.
Frank has also been 'criticised' for not making it clear on his views on Rod Petrie an the Petrie-Out campaign, for anyone who knows Frank there is no dubiety on his views on Mr Petrie, you would only have to ask the chairman if there is any love lost between them.
I would also like to point out the Frank did not put himself forward for the board but was added to the list as he was nominated by a number of other Hibs fans. ( this would maybe dismiss the options of some who suggest that he would be only doing it for self-interest)
Frank attends nearly every Hibs home and away games (with the exception of Tynecastle) including the u20s/Developments team games and he can be approached at any game to discuss any football related issues. He would, if elected, sill sit with he fans at away games and he would also continue to renew his season ticket at Easter Road even if he had to sit in the directors box.

Some members have pointed out the business attributes of some of the candidates, this is fine, but I would like to point out that the board already have, finance, HR, marketing etc. covered and what they are looking for is the Fans views on club issues.

I would like to propose that after the election, the .Net set-up a separate section on the site where members can let the Fans Reps on the board know of issues that they would like them to deal with, this might save the Reps having to trawl through every thread looking out for issues that members would like addressed.

I just think, whether you post or not normally, that in an election, and considering that you are to be there theoretically as a representative of the fans, that it would be a key thing to do to register, say who you are and maybe answer some questions.

I personally won't vote for anyone that hasn't made that effort - what will they do if elected? Take the same approach not to easily engage with a very large Hibs community? There are really just a couple of main sites to do that for.

I'm also not sure of anyone who didn't put themsselves forward - its a position you need to want to do, not be somehow shoved into doing.

Just my views of course. I don't know any of the guys really but have been impressed by the way some of them have made themselves known and conducted themselves.

lucky
05-01-2015, 01:06 PM

I've voted for Frank but I feel he is missing an opportunity to post on here as part of his campaign. .net has a large amount of members and viewers and when you are trying to get elected you've got to get out and speak to people on all forums

The Hibee Harp
05-01-2015, 01:48 PM

Mo, while posting with the best intentions, I think your post may do Frank more harm than good.

Firstly, I think Frank is making a mistake by not engaging with supporters online. Not everyone will get the opportunity to speak to him face-to-face and if elected he will have to be able to communicate with supporters via various methods and may not get the opportunity to put them across in person. You can engage in social media discussion without being caught up in arguments.

Secondly, I also think posting Frank's position on Rod Petrie does him no favours. If there is already issues with that relationship how does he propose working with Rod to find resolutions. How do we know that the issues between them want work out to the detriment of the greater good - ie Hibs?

Thirdly, I have my concerns about voting for someone who didn't put themselves forward and is being pushed into it. Does Frank want to take on the role and would he be 100% committed to it?

Finally, I think your suggestion of a separate section for us to put forward our points for the Fans Rep would be great. Hopefully this can be accommodate here.

GreenPJ
05-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Mo, while posting with the best intentions, I think your post may do Frank more harm than good.

Firstly, I think Frank is making a mistake by not engaging with supporters online. Not everyone will get the opportunity to speak to him face-to-face and if elected he will have to be able to communicate with supporters via various methods and may not get the opportunity to put them across in person. You can engage in social media discussion without being caught up in arguments.

Secondly, I also think posting Frank's position on Rod Petrie does him no favours. If there is already issues with that relationship how does he propose working with Rod to find resolutions. How do we know that the issues between them want work out to the detriment of the greater good - ie Hibs?

Thirdly, I have my concerns about voting for someone who didn't put themselves forward and is being pushed into it. Does Frank want to take on the role and would he be 100% committed to it?

Finally, I think your suggestion of a separate section for us to put forward our points for the Fans Rep would be great. Hopefully this can be accommodate here.

If its a concern perhaps all candidates should be asked to reveal their position on the Chairman.

The Hibee Harp
05-01-2015, 02:56 PM
If its a concern perhaps all candidates should be asked to reveal their position on the Chairman.

The point I was (trying) to make is that making his view public was perhaps not the smartest move as it suggests there could be issues between two potential board members.

If any of the candidates feel they would be unable to work WITH Rod and the current board then I suggest they shouldn't be progressed any further.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 03:04 PM

Unless they were planning to gather shareholder support for a change, which is not likely in this case, I'd suggest that would be very unwise.

They should not be putting themsleves up for election if they hold the view that they couldn't work with the current board members.

Challenge and alternate views on issues is one thing but communicating a clear view that the Chairman should be removed is a bit different I'd say.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Can I perhaps make the risky statement of suggesting that realistically, the role is going to be quite different to how some people are imagining now on this thread?
I get the feeling that some of those who are concerned about needing to work WITH the chairman are perhaps thinking that the chosen candidates are going to be given the opportunity to do more than is really being asked of us.
Remember that we are being asked to act merely as a means of communication between the club and its supporters. IT IS THE OPINIONS OF THE SUPPORTERS THAT ARE IMPORTANT, not our own. Yes it is important that the chosen two are strong enough to ensure that the opinions are stressed and listened to, but I think this is important to remember.
My honest belief is that Rod Petrie is no longer a crucial cog in the running of this club. There are a lot of great people of the board and it will be a privilege to sit with them and discuss the club I love… given the chance!

I do hope that people don’t see this as a rant! Just someone who wants to show an understanding of the role.
GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

That's not true - the elected directors will be full directors with the same powers and responsibillities as all the other ones.

Your view will be as important as any - and it will prove not to be practical to get the views of supporters to back up every decision you will need to be part of. You will need to make decisions on your own, but bearing in mind the feelings of supporters, and all other stakeholders.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Agree totally. If you join a board you have to find a way to work with them and to at least manage or live with the Chairman, until they move on or retire!

Bostonhibby
05-01-2015, 03:40 PM
That's not true - the elected directors will be full directors with the same powers and responsibillities as all the other ones.

Your view will be as important as any - and it will prove not to be practical to get the views of supporters to back up every decision you will need to be part of. You will need to make decisions on your own, but bearing in mind the feelings of supporters, and all other stakeholders.
You are right, that's the brief

StevieC
05-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Personally, I think you'd need to be half daft to put yourself forward for a position on the board. :greengrin

Every other time I've seen an ordinary supporter step over that line, they've immediately become the enemy. :take that :rolleyes:

Respect to those putting themselves forward. :not worth

Martinwillis
05-01-2015, 03:52 PM
My post should possibly have highlighted the fact that the primary purpose for supporter representation is t act as a means of communication. At our final meetings before voting opened, it was clear that yes we would have voting rights, and that you would have to reflect positively on the collaborative decisions made, but it was clear that communication was the key word.

My honest belief is that Rod Petrie is no longer a crucial cog in the running of this club. There are a lot of great people of the board and it will be a privilege to sit with them and discuss the club I love… given the chance!

I do hope that people don’t see this as a rant! Just someone who wants to show an understanding of the role.
GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

GeorgieH
05-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Andy I totally agree with you, whoever is elected for fans representation will have an equal say around the table. Those individuals must be strong and confident enough in your decision making process from a supporters point of view.

Equally it is as important to do the hard work away from the board room to obtain the fans views on certain issues so that you are well informed enough to be in a position to make those decisions.

George

Weir7
05-01-2015, 04:09 PM
My post should possibly have highlighted the fact that the primary purpose for supporter representation is t act as a means of communication. At our final meetings before voting opened, it was clear that yes we would have voting rights, and that you would have to reflect positively on the collaborative decisions made, but it was clear that communication was the key word.

GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

I think that is nonsense and won't be voting for yourself. These directors run our club so badly we got relegated. Its been a shambles for years. They all should have walked in May.

Also last time I looked we have no chance of winning the league

DarlingtonHibee
05-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Martin, re your post below-

RP briefed the media at the share launch last week, that he continues as Chairman moving forward with LD and AS, and I'm pretty sure STF will re-inforce that point st the AGM, unless a new role appears with STF's blessing.

As always only an opinion -cheers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/30629142

Can I perhaps make the risky statement of suggesting that realistically, the role is going to be quite different to how some people are imagining now on this thread?
I get the feeling that some of those who are concerned about needing to work WITH the chairman are perhaps thinking that the chosen candidates are going to be given the opportunity to do more than is really being asked of us.
Remember that we are being asked to act merely as a means of communication between the club and its supporters. IT IS THE OPINIONS OF THE SUPPORTERS THAT ARE IMPORTANT, not our own. Yes it is important that the chosen two are strong enough to ensure that the opinions are stressed and listened to, but I think this is important to remember.
My honest belief is that Rod Petrie is no longer a crucial cog in the running of this club. There are a lot of great people of the board and it will be a privilege to sit with them and discuss the club I love… given the chance! I do hope that people don’t see this as a rant! Just someone who wants to show an understanding of the role.
GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

Bostonhibby
05-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Personally, I think you'd need to be half daft to put yourself forward for a position on the board. :greengrin

Every other time I've seen an ordinary supporter step over that line, they've immediately become the enemy. :take that :rolleyes:

Respect to those putting themselves forward. :not worth

:agree: Know 2 die hard Hibbies with experience at that sort of level who would have a real job separating the two roles, nae room for personal sentiment on a board - hard one if you are the financial director of a Football Club :wink:- luckily distance stopped them making the leap. I don't think we need any more financiers or "businessmen" first and foremost, we are ironically, and maybe to our cost depending on your outlook, well served in that respect.

Weir7
05-01-2015, 04:13 PM

There will be a vote off no confidence in rod Petrie at the agm. How will candidates be voting? Please can they advise. As I will not support any candidate that backs petrie. Many other mates share same view

Martinwillis
05-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Delighted to hear these opinions as that is what matters here - the opinions of ALL. Through the work I have done with the club in recent months I have to say though that I have been VERY impressed with the other non-exec directors at the club and I wluld challenge any of the other candidates to disagree that the members that took their time to talk to us were genuine and a real credit... That's not to say that I have been happy with how things have been run in the past - but we all have to look forward.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2015, 04:23 PM
There will be a vote off no confidence in rod Petrie at the agm. How will candidates be voting? Please can they advise. As I will not support any candidate that backs petrie. Many other mates share same view

Depends on how many candidates are also shareholders, some may be anti RP but will have no shares so no vote - I wouldn't hold that against any either way. If theres a head count vote there will be plenty against but it will amount to substantially less than 5% of the holding so he will be going nowhere based on the shareholder voting power. He also sits on the board of the holding company.

Still could amount to a significant amount of individual people who want him out though and that is where my vote will be going if the motion arises.

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2015, 04:23 PM

Where are you getting that from?

In practical terms, the Board reps will already be elected before the AGM. What's to stop anyone declaring their intention to vote against RP, getting your vote in the election, and then voting for him at the AGM?

GreenPJ
05-01-2015, 04:31 PM
The point I was (trying) to make is that making his view public was perhaps not the smartest move as it suggests there could be issues between two potential board members.

If any of the candidates feel they would be unable to work WITH Rod and the current board then I suggest they shouldn't be progressed any further.

I agree and I am sure that all candidates who are up for election have considered that and that is why their nomination still stands.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 04:34 PM

Will there?

Andy74
05-01-2015, 04:35 PM

GGTTH
@mrmartinwillis

Your primary duty will be to the company.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Will there?

There could be Andy, some time ago a lot of shareholders were asked to express an interest in doing this, one of the admins was looking for expressions of interest I think (?) Don't know where it went since but it had legs back then.

FranckSuzy
05-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Where are you getting that from?

In practical terms, the Board reps will already be elected before the AGM. What's to stop anyone declaring their intention to vote against RP, getting your vote in the election, and then voting for him at the AGM?

Will there?

The poster, southsider, stated a while back on here that he was going to propose a 'vote of no confidence' in RP at the next AGM and asked if others would back him :aok:

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2015, 04:44 PM
The poster, southsider, stated a while back on here that he was going to propose a 'vote of no confidence' in RP at the next AGM and asked if others would back him :aok:

Cheers.

Think I'm right in saying that such a motion will need to be circularised in advance, with the accounts and voting papers. We're getting close to the deadline for getting those papers (next Wednesday).

GreenPJ
05-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Your primary duty will be to the company.

By Company which entity are you referring to?

The primary duty is surely to represent the fan base, they are part of the asset of the club and they carry a vote on their behalf. Whilst hopefully there won't be too many contentious issues to deal with they should be voting the way that they believe the majority of the fan base would vote.

DarlingtonHibee
05-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Cheers. hip structure

Think I'm right in saying that such a motion will need to be circularised in advance, with the accounts and voting papers. We're getting close to the deadline for getting those papers (next Wednesday).

CWG s a motion not pointless given the ownership structure, or can it still be raised with a proposer and seconder?

I would imagine it will be voiced under the AOB section, and STF will get on stage and back Rod.

Wonder when the Red tops get the story?

Give our guests something to smile about.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2015, 05:07 PM
I would imagine it will be voiced under the AOB section.

Cannae believe Alan O'Brien will have a section of the AGM relating to him. :-)

DarlingtonHibee
05-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Cannae believe Alan O'Brien will have a section of the AGM relating to him. :-)

:thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2015, 05:10 PM
CWG s a motion not pointless given the ownership structure, or can it still be raised with a proposer and seconder?

I would imagine it will be voiced under the AOB section, and STF will get on stage and back Rod.

Wonder when the Red tops get the story?

Give our guests something to smile about.
IMO it's not pointless. It would be defeated, but it would have the effect of formalising the thoughts of a decent cross section of the support.

If it's an actual motion, the media will get it probably at the same time the rest of us do.

Martinwillis
05-01-2015, 05:11 PM
The primary duty is surely to represent the fan base, they are part of the asset of the club and they carry a vote on their behalf. Whilst hopefully there won't be too many contentious issues to deal with they should be voting the way that they believe the majority of the fan base would vote.

This is exactly what I have tried to highlight - the fan base and their views would be our number one priority.

can I also point out that the nomination process has to a positive move and must be used to unite supporters - please can we avoid using this as a motivation to argue with fellow supporters?

everyone is looking for the same result... Continued improvement on the pitch, consistency ... And a scottish cup!

DarlingtonHibee
05-01-2015, 05:15 PM
IMO it's not pointless. It would be defeated, but it would have the effect of formalising the thoughts of a decent cross section of the support.

If it's an actual motion, the media will get it probably at the same time the rest of us do.

That was my point given STF ownership it would be defeated, unless he feels RP has lost his confidence, or RP resigns.

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2015, 05:33 PM
That was my point given STF ownership it would be defeated, unless he feels RP has lost his confidence, or RP resigns.
If it happens, it might concentrate a few minds and hasten his exit.

It wouldn't surprise me if he stayed on until the share issue has been dealt with, though.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 05:33 PM
This is exactly what I have tried to highlight - the fan base and their views would be our number one priority.

can I also point out that the nomination process has to a positive move and must be used to unite supporters - please can we avoid using this as a motivation to argue with fellow supporters?

everyone is looking for the same result... Continued improvement on the pitch, consistency ... And a scottish cup!

That's not the case legally though - you are a director of the company you will be appointed to and quite often the desires of the fans may be at some odds with that.

Your duty is to the compnay, and that's why I've been a bit uncomfortable with the way Hibs have worded this to some extent. The new directors may may voted for by fans but they can represent no one stakeholder group above another and certainly not at the expense of what is good for the company.

Anyone going on should be very clear about what directors duties are all about.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Cheers.

Yep, there is a statutory process for adding items to be voted on at a general meeting.

superfurryhibby
05-01-2015, 05:38 PM
That's not the case legally though - you are a director of the company you will be appointed to and quite often the desires of the fans may be at some odds with that.

Your duty is to the compnay, and that's why I've been a bit uncomfortable with the way Hibs have worded this to some extent. The new directors may may voted for by fans but they can represent no one stakeholder group above another and certainly not at the expense of what is good for the company.

Anyone going on should be very clear about what directors duties are all about.

Maybe so Andy but the very simple fact is that any fan nominated director who is on the board would cause enormous ripples if they were so moved by disagreement that they felt they couldn't continue in the role. The negative publicity would be very unwelcome.

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Every director, on every Board, occasionally has a potential conflict of interest. It's how that is managed that is important.

A scenario for the nominees to consider, based on a hypothetical (but very likely) situation.

There is a proposal before the Board to raise the price of ST's. The financial case is clear, and it is in the best interests of the club to go ahead. However, the feedback of the fans is that it is not welcome.

So,the question is two-fold:-

1. given that you have a legal duty to the company, and a moral duty to those who voted you in, how do you vote?

2. on the assumption that the ST rise goes ahead, and given that (as one nominee has already said) you now have a duty to promote that Board decision, how do you proceed?

Amit
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Every director, on every Board, occasionally has a potential conflict of interest. It's how that is managed that is important.

A scenario for the nominees to consider, based on a hypothetical (but very likely) situation.

There is a proposal before the Board to raise the price of ST's. The financial case is clear, and it is in the best interests of the club to go ahead. However, the feedback of the fans is that it is not welcome.

1. given that you have a legal duty to the company, and a moral duty to those who voted you in, how do you vote?

2. on the assumption that the ST rise goes ahead, and given that (as one nominee has already said) you now have a duty to promote that Board decision, how do you proceed?

Great question.

1) Vote against the motion as per the supporters feedback

2) You are correct that as a board member you must accept and "promote" a decision that you may not necessarily have voted in favour of. However, as a fan's rep, I would be looking to engage with those on the board who voted for a rise and spark discussion on alternatives (whether these have come from discussions with the wider support and/or other board members). I would also look to obtain as much feedback as possible, within confidentiality rules, on why the fan's view was voted against, so this could be passed onto the wider support through official channels.

There has to be a feedback mechanism in place to ensure there is a 2-way discussion between the fans and the board. I would be pushing for alternatives to be explored/discussed before any decision is made final.

Cheers,

Amit

Gerard
05-01-2015, 09:04 PM

1. I will be legally complaint.
2. I will make sure that I will accept the decision of the Board. I will also as far as possible explain the reasons why that decision has taken place. Being a fan and a director will at time be a difficult position to do when you have these tough decisions to make. I will always communicate with the fans and make sure that the board are aware of their views when board decisions are made by the board.

hibernation
05-01-2015, 09:57 PM

1. Vote based on the views of the wider supporter base gathered from a variety of sources and during preceding discussions with the board use evidence to provide weight to the argument. (I.e. Present them with fan correspondence, results of polls on here etc).

2. Comply with the legal requirements to support the board decision but make it clear that the fans need a clear explanation from the board of why the decision was made and why the feedback from fans was rejected.

It could be that the reason for the boards decision to increase prices is due to increasing the playing budget or investing in the youth team. Whilst there will be limit on what can be disclosed so as not to impact the commercial position of the club in the transfer market and as a business, I think it is a fundamental part of the role to reassure fans that in this scenario that the funds will be invested in something that is important as opposed to for example redecorating Mr Petrie's office.

In all seriousness though, it will be successful and transparent communication channels that will make the fan rep positions worthwhile and a success.

PatHead
05-01-2015, 10:06 PM

1. Anyone who has put themselves forward for the post will surely have realised that there will be occasions when they are faced with difficult decisions they have to make and they will not be popular. It would be easy to say that I would always follow the fans wishes but that would be a lie. That would be a popular way to proceed and make life easier for me personally maybe even getting a few votes in the process.

In this circumstance I would explain the fans viewpoint and the fans objections in the strongest possible terms. By doing that I would be fulfilling my role as Supporters Representative. As a person who presents business cases everyday I believe I could make sure the board understood the fans viewpoint. At the end of the day though I have to do what is best for the club.

2. Within the rules and disclosures allowed I would explain through as many routes as possible the reasons for my decision.

Anyone who knows me will know that I am not a "yes" man or a board patsy. At all times on the Board I would act in a professional manner and do my duty to act in the best interests of the club at all times. I will add that there will be occasions when I will vote against the board but the example given stated that "it is in the best interests of the club to go ahead" so I would have to vote that way.

Kevin Martin

GreenPJ
05-01-2015, 10:08 PM

I see these appointments in the same way that occupational pension boards must have a quota of member nominated trustees. The purpose of these roles is to represent the membership, they are registered directors with Companies house and must act in a proper and professional manner but their duty is to act on behalf of the membership.

By their being only 2 reps its not going to hold a power of veto of a contentious issue but it can hopefully stimulate fruiful discussion with the full board and helping the best informed and appropriate solutions are adopted.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 10:09 PM
1. Anyone who has put themselves forward for the post will surely have realised that there will be occasions when they are faced with difficult decisions they have to make and they will not be popular. It would be easy to say that I would always follow the fans wishes but that would be a lie. That would be a popular way to proceed and make life easier for me personally maybe even getting a few votes in the process.

In this circumstance I would explain the fans viewpoint and the fans objections in the strongest possible terms. By doing that I would be fulfilling my role as Supporters Representative. As a person who presents business cases everyday I believe I could make sure the board understood the fans viewpoint. At the end of the day though I have to do what is best for the club.

2. Within the rules and disclosures allowed I would explain through as many routes as possible the reasons for my decision.

Anyone who knows me will know that I am not a "yes" man or a board patsy. At all times on the Board I would act in a professional manner and do my duty to act in the best interests of the club at all times. I will add that there will be occasions when I will vote against the board but the example given stated that "it is in the best interests of the club to go ahead" so I would have to vote that way.

Kevin Martin

You would be the board as much as anyone. Not sure the terminology of voting against the board applies. Anyway, I'm sure voting never happens. The board have a discussion, the majority consensus wins out. Everyone moves on.

PatHead
05-01-2015, 10:12 PM
You would be the board as much as anyone. Not sure the terminology of voting against the board applies. Anyway, I'm sure voting never happens. The board have a discussion, the majority consensus wins out. Everyone moves on.

To have a majority consensus there has to be a "vote" to find out there is a majority.

I am aware I am bound to follow the Board decision whether I agreed with it or not.

GeorgieH
05-01-2015, 11:15 PM

1. For me I would it's important to vote from the feedback of the fans you are their to represent.

2. The whole purpose of this role is provide more transparency within the club and provide better lines of communication between the fans and the board. Any decision that is made within the club should be made on an evidence led approach of how it is going to benefit the club. If there is strong case to make a decision and it can be demonstrated why that course of action is being taken, then I'm sure fans will find it easier to accept and understand. Whilst not 100% agreeing with somethig but seeing that there is a business case to do it then it gives more of on opportunity to see from a different perspective. This is something that I need to deal with on a daily basis at work and whilst you can't always make the most popular decision it's about making the right one for the good of the club. If I was lucky enough to be appointed I feel it's a quality that I would be able to take into the role.

PatHead
06-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Great question.

1) Vote against the motion as per the supporters feedback

2) You are correct that as a board member you must accept and "promote" a decision that you may not necessarily have voted in favour of. However, as a fan's rep, I would be looking to engage with those on the board who voted for a rise and spark discussion on alternatives (whether these have come from discussions with the wider support and/or other board members). I would also look to obtain as much feedback as possible, within confidentiality rules, on why the fan's view was voted against, so this could be passed onto the wider support through official channels.

There has to be a feedback mechanism in place to ensure there is a 2-way discussion between the fans and the board. I would be pushing for alternatives to be explored/discussed before any decision is made final.

Cheers,

Amit

Sorry Amit but you are wrong to say you would always take the supporters' view.

Lets take CWG's scenario a step further and say the discussion about season tickets is to take place at the January board meeting. You have canvassed the support and they are unhappy with a £10 rise.

You arrive at the board meeting to hear a club from the North West of England want to talk to Alan Stubbs. He is interested but is willing to stay to complete the job if the club give him a rise and extended contract. One of the few ways to fund this is through the price rise. You cannot tell supporters as AS's contract is private and we do not want other clubs to know AS thought of leaving.

If AS did leave all his good work could be undone, supporters would be disillusioned and sales would drop. It would cost Hibs a lot more than a drop off due to the higher charges. You have said that you would vote against the motion based on supporter's comments when they did not have all the facts available. Due to taking that stance you would effectively be voting for AS to leave.

In these circumstances I think it would be acceptable to vote for the season ticket rise knowing all the facts. You would still be acting in the best interests of the supporters and more importantly the long term interests of the club.

From the statement you have made you would have to vote no ignoring the full story.

The role will at times mean you have to make decisions which you cannot explain to supporters other than "there were factors that I can't talk about but I am sure it will be in the long term interests of the club", hope you have their trust and then face the music from supporters.

Hopefully decisions like this will not occur too often but I couldn't lie when I can't guarantee I would always take supporters line. I can guarantee I will always promote the supporter's opinion and as often as possible vote in line with their wishes.

I hope anyone considering their vote just now will realise that it would have been easy for me to adopt Amit's line by saying we would always take supporters line at face value and vote accordingly. Maybe said what he thought they wanted to hear. It will not always be that black and white.

I would ask you to vote for someone who will always do what is best for the club.

Kevin Martin

Weststandwanab
06-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Kevin,

I like what you wrote.

I am, as yet, an undecided voter how long do I have ?

GGTH

Andy74
06-01-2015, 08:07 AM
To have a majority consensus there has to be a "vote" to find out there is a majority.

I am aware I am bound to follow the Board decision whether I agreed with it or not.

No there doesn't. In the hundreds of boards or committees I've attended I don't think I've ever seen a formal vote like that.

FranckSuzy
06-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Since we've to suffer for months until the General Election, with all the claims and counter claims, I'm glad THIS process will be over sooner rather than later.....

Weststandwanab
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
No there doesn't. In the hundreds of boards or committees I've attended I don't think I've ever seen a formal vote like that.

In the last 5 years I have bought and (reluctantly) sold three Companies on the basis of a Vote.

I does happen and sometimes you lose.

PatHead
06-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Kevin,

I like what you wrote.

I am, as yet, an undecided voter how long do I have ?

GGTH

Thanks

Votes close on Sunday 18th, you have to vote for 2 candidates and I must admit I don't know who to give my 2nd vote to yet.

hibbymick
06-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Thanks

Votes close on Sunday 18th, you have to vote for 2 candidates and I must admit I don't know who to give my 2nd vote to yet.

One of the outsiders :greengrin

Weststandwanab
06-01-2015, 11:20 AM
One of the outsiders :greengrin

Who is ?

hibbymick
06-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Who is ?

Blackpool Hibs :wink:

Brightside
06-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Kevin Martin

How do you decide what the fans viewpoint is? Surely you are there representing your viewpoint as a fan. You wont know my viewpoint or many 000s like me.

PatHead
06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
How do you decide what the fans viewpoint is? Surely you are there representing your viewpoint as a fan. You wont know my viewpoint or many 000s like me.

I agree that I will be unable to represent every fans viewpoint as I will be unable to get around every fan. I would hope to gain a reasonable representation through making the best efforts to meet as many fans as possible through visiting Behind the Goals and the Hibs Supporters Club before every home game in conjunction with the other Fans Representative as well as attending Working Together meetings on a monthly basis. Obviously I will be on here and the Bounce and if possible meet the Supporters Clubs Representative meetings when they are held for at least a portion of the meeting. Other new media ways of communicating such as Twitter and Facebook will be used as far as possible.

If I am invited I would also be keen to attend Supporters Clubs meetings in general and finally will attempt to meet as many fans at away games as I can not to mention handing out my email address.

I am open to suggestions as to other methods of communicating.

Beefster
06-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Here's my thing. Not everyone will agree with it but hey ho.

I won't be voting for anyone unless I'm actively approached by someone seeking my vote at a game (whether it be BTG, in the street surrounding ER or in a concourse). I'm a ST holder and I haven't seen hide nor hair of any candidate. To be honest, my view is that, if you can't get out and about to speak to the support now, you won't do it when you're in place.

Before anyone says "I'm accessible/come to the Q&A/etc", you're the guys wanting me to vote for you. There's no danger of me going out of my way to let you win my votes, I'm afraid.

Dunky7
06-01-2015, 02:40 PM
As a lifetime supporter, shareholder and fanatical regular attendee of matches at Easter Road for 50 years, I am delighted to be given the opportunity to stand for election to the position of supporter representative director on the Board of Hibernian FC.

I was born and brought up in Easter Road itself as was my father and grandfather before me, both being avid Hibs supporters. One of my earliest childhood memories is hearing the roar of the crowd from my bedroom window when Hibs were beating the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Naples at Easter Road in the early sixties and my father coming home and telling me all about the match. Indeed my late great, great uncle the famous James Connolly was at the inaugural meeting of the foundation of Hibs.

I am a Fellow of both The Institute of Financial Accountants and the Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland and my career to date has involved working in banking for 20 years latterly at a senior level and for the last 16 years running my own UK award winning accountancy practice. I have served on a number of charitable and commercial company boards in a non executive capacity over the years and would hope to bring this experience and knowledge to the board.

I have played up to Junior level, coached youth, adult and ladies teams and even qualified to referee football throughout my life and again this knowledge and experience will serve me well should I be successful in this election.

My main aim as a supporter director should I be successful would be to act as a voice for the ordinary supporter so that their views and ideas are heard at Board level.
I would also like to investigate the possibility of doing something to influence the reduction of pricing for matches both for season ticket holders and walk up attendees in order to create an even better atmosphere within the stadium both for players and supporters alike similar to what has happened in countries like Germany over recent years. I would rather see a full stadium every Saturday with supporters paying an average of £10 per ticket than a less than half full stadium with supporters paying an average of £20 per ticket as the net income for the club would be more especially when taking into consideration merchandising and catering income from a bigger crowd.

I would advocate that season ticket holders get a better deal and that their tickets become valid for all home games not just league games and that they get other incentives to become a season ticket holder such as discounts on merchandise and catering.

Lastly similar to grounds in England and at Murrayfield, I would advocate the return of alcohol to be sold at a reasonable price within football grounds to encourage all those people who prefer to watch matches in the pub or at home to return to the ground to sample the atmosphere.

So please vote for me if you can and help me to help you and our team become better and stronger and perhaps achieve one day soon the holy grail of winning the Scottish Cup.

Vote for Duncan M Walker

Yours in Sport

Duncan

Craig_HFC
06-01-2015, 02:41 PM

I won't be voting for anyone unless I'm actively approached by someone seeking my vote at a game (whether it be BTG, in the street surrounding ER or in a concourse). I'm a ST holder and I haven't seen hide nor hair of any candidate. To be honest, my view is that, if you can't get out and about to speak to the support now, you won't do it when you're in place.

Before anyone says "I'm accessible/come to the Q&A/etc", you're the guys wanting me to vote for you. There's no danger of me going out of my way to let you win my votes, I'm afraid.

:top marks

Jack
06-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm not an ordinary supporter.

I'm a Hibs supporter!

hibbymick
06-01-2015, 02:50 PM
The only person ive seen is PatHead who was doing a bit of canvassing in BTG.

PatHead
06-01-2015, 02:51 PM

I was in BTG top floor before The Rangers game.

I must admit I found that any tables I approached took a lot longer to chat and ask questions than I had anticipated. Think I got around 10 tables but it does take time. Sorry I didn't make it as far as you. Hope to see you before the Falkirk game on Saturday.

Are you on the top floor or lower floor?

Kevin

PatHead
06-01-2015, 02:52 PM

Really handsome, charming guy if I recollect

:wink:

Beefster
06-01-2015, 02:55 PM
I was in BTG top floor before The Rangers game.

I must admit I found that any tables I approached took a lot longer to chat and ask questions than I had anticipated. Think I got around 10 tables but it does take time. Sorry I didn't make it as far as you. Hope to see you before the Falkirk game on Saturday.

Are you on the top floor or lower floor?

Kevin

Top floor. Get yourself a t-shirt/tinsel/strobe light hanging from your ears/loudhailer so that you stand out. I'm not an unreasonable man, I'll head for you if you're noticeable and within 50 feet.

hibbymick
06-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Really handsome, charming guy if I recollect

Your easily pleased,,,,,,,ive got one tooth and a boxers nose. :cb

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2015, 03:06 PM

Mick did he look like this? :greengrin

PatHead
06-01-2015, 03:12 PM

Little less hair and definitely not a maroon tie.

hibbymick
06-01-2015, 03:26 PM

He's nobodys fool Gaz :greengrin:greengrin

Boris
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM
As a lifetime supporter, shareholder and fanatical regular attendee of matches at Easter Road for 50 years, I am delighted to be given the opportunity to stand for election to the position of supporter representative director on the Board of Hibernian FC.

I was born and brought up in Easter Road itself as was my father and grandfather before me, both being avid Hibs supporters. One of my earliest childhood memories is hearing the roar of the crowd from my bedroom window when Hibs were beating the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Naples at Easter Road in the early sixties and my father coming home and telling me all about the match. Indeed my late great, great uncle the famous James Connolly was at the inaugural meeting of the foundation of Hibs.

I am a Fellow of both The Institute of Financial Accountants and the Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland and my career to date has involved working in banking for 20 years latterly at a senior level and for the last 16 years running my own UK award winning accountancy practice. I have served on a number of charitable and commercial company boards in a non executive capacity over the years and would hope to bring this experience and knowledge to the board.

I have played up to Junior level, coached youth, adult and ladies teams and even qualified to referee football throughout my life and again this knowledge and experience will serve me well should I be successful in this election.

My main aim as a supporter director should I be successful would be to act as a voice for the ordinary supporter so that their views and ideas are heard at Board level.
I would also like to investigate the possibility of doing something to influence the reduction of pricing for matches both for season ticket holders and walk up attendees in order to create an even better atmosphere within the stadium both for players and supporters alike similar to what has happened in countries like Germany over recent years. I would rather see a full stadium every Saturday with supporters paying an average of £10 per ticket than a less than half full stadium with supporters paying an average of £20 per ticket as the net income for the club would be more especially when taking into consideration merchandising and catering income from a bigger crowd.

I would advocate that season ticket holders get a better deal and that their tickets become valid for all home games not just league games and that they get other incentives to become a season ticket holder such as discounts on merchandise and catering.

Lastly similar to grounds in England and at Murrayfield, I would advocate the return of alcohol to be sold at a reasonable price within football grounds to encourage all those people who prefer to watch matches in the pub or at home to return to the ground to sample the atmosphere.

So please vote for me if you can and help me to help you and our team become better and stronger and perhaps achieve one day soon the holy grail of winning the Scottish Cup.

Vote for Duncan M Walker

Yours in Sport

Duncan

You sure about that? James Connolly was 7 years old & still at school when the Hibs were founded at that meeting in August 1875? Doesn't sound right to me chief?

StevieC
06-01-2015, 05:27 PM
.. and perhaps achieve one day soon the holy grail of winning the Scottish Cup

:hmmm:

I'm not sure I could vote for someone with such unrealistic ambitions. :whistle:

MSK
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
You sure about that? James Connolly was 7 years old & still at school when the Hibs were founded at that meeting in August 1875? Doesn't sound right to me chief?Ah ..but he might have been skiving school that day ..:greengrin

Brightside
07-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Qn for all candidates.

What are your views on Community football including the support of Girls and Ladies Football in the Hibernian Family.

Gerard
07-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Qn for all candidates.

What are your views on Community football including the support of Girls and Ladies Football in the Hibernian Family.

I think Community football and the support of Girls and Ladies football plays an important part in the Hibernian Family. I fully support both these apsects wish them every possible success.
Gerard O'Donnell

GreenPJ
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM

So do you fundamentally not agree with the positions or do you realistically expect candidates who have day jobs to try and reach out to every supporter personally on a game day?

PatHead
07-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Qn for all candidates.

I agree that Hibs should get involved as far as possible with all aspects of the community including Girls and Ladies football. The more fans we get to follow Hibs at any level the better.

By the way the Ladies team recently moved their headquarters down to East Mains in an effort to bring them more into the "fold".

Brightside
07-01-2015, 11:17 AM
I agree that Hibs should get involved as far as possible with all aspects of the community including Girls and Ladies football. The more fans we get to follow Hibs at any level the better.

By the way the Ladies team recently moved their headquarters down to East Mains in an effort to bring them more into the "fold".

They've not moved yet. But it is happening.... thankfully.

Brightside
07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Another qn if I may. What is the current view on any further boardroom changes required based on the current progress and roles held by those in place. :wink: Quite simply do you still think its a case of "Petrie Out"

Gerard
07-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Another qn if I may. What is the current view on any further boardroom changes required based on the current progress and roles held by those in place. :wink: Quite simply do you still think its a case of "Petrie Out"

The AGM will be an interesting one and perhaps we will see more changes in the Hibs BODs.

PatHead
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
So do you fundamentally not agree with the positions or do you realistically expect candidates who have day jobs to try and reach out to every supporter personally on a game day?

As a candidate I would expect to have to meet as many supporters as possible over the next couple of years. That probably means my matchday routine of meeting my sons and friends before the home games is gone in any term I am a Non Executive Director/Board Representative. I would meet them afterwards.

If you are serious about doing this role you have to do it properly and I think most candidates will have thought this through before applying. There is no way you could be a supporters representative without making yourself available.

For what it is worth I also think that the other Directors should be visiting the Hibs Supporters Club and Behind the Goals on a regular basis to build the relationship between the board and fans. At this time only RP makes that effort.

PatHead
07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
They've not moved yet. But it is happening.... thankfully.

Their offices have moved already.

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Their offices have moved already.

Isn't that the Community Foundation rather than the Ladies? I wasn't aware the Ladies team had any offices!

Brightside
07-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Isn't that the Community Foundation rather than the Ladies? I wasn't aware the Ladies team had any offices!

Thats right. The ladies and girls teams are expected to move out there but not till later in the year.

Peevemor
07-01-2015, 11:38 AM

I don't see how any of the candidates can be expected to answer this question without first knowing how the current board works - ie. in terms of structure, responsibilities and the individuals concerned.

PatHead
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM

I do think that most of the Board members have been there for some time and there may be changes occuring. It wouldn't surprise me if RP was building an exit strategy through the appointment of Leeann and the addition of these Directors as well as Leeann and George Craig being on the board.

If the Supporters wanted me to raise the matter at a meeting I certainly would on their behalf.

PatHead
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Community Foundation is still in South Stand. The Hibs Ladies office is right opposite the gym if that helps.

Brightside
07-01-2015, 11:58 AM
I do think that most of the Board members have been there for some time and there may be changes occuring. It wouldn't surprise me if RP was building an exit strategy through the appointment of Leeann and the addition of these Directors as well as Leeann and George Craig being on the board.

If the Supporters wanted me to raise the matter at a meeting I certainly would on their behalf.

Let me reword. What are the candidates views of Rod Petrie in his current role.

Gerard
07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Let me reword. What are the candidates views of Rod Petrie in his current role.
I think that Mr Petrie should consider his options. I also think that there comes a time to move on to other things when you have had a an office for a long period of time. It is difficult to stay 'fresh' in your approach. I would suggest that we wait and see what happens at the AGM. It will be held at the end of the month.

GeorgieH
07-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Qn for all candidates.

I think that they should be integrated with the club. Also any community led initiatives should be explored and taken forward, this if the lifeblood of our club and it's where I feel we have lost our way in recent times. The club won't be anything without the community and it's important that we do all we can to enhance these relationships

Baldy Foghorn
07-01-2015, 01:24 PM
One of the first things I would do if appointed, would be to question what exactly David Forsyth does, how much has he charged Hibs for his "services", and why a non employee of club sits in Director's box every week?

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 01:29 PM
One of the first things I would do if appointed, would be to question what exactly David Forsyth does, how much has he charged Hibs for his "services", and why a non employee of club sits in Director's box every week?

Not sure what the relevance of this point is as there are a number of non employees in the box at every home game.

Baldy Foghorn
07-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Not sure what the relevance of this point is as there are a number of non employees in the box at every home game.

I said every week, which means away games too, I just don't understand it.....

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 01:37 PM
I said every week, which means away games too, I just don't understand it.....

He isn't the only non-Director/employee to be present in the Hibs party at away games and to be fair, he does work at home and away games for Hibs. Whether he makes a positive contribution or not is another discussion entirely.

Beefster
07-01-2015, 08:01 PM

I don't think you read my post very well. I'm not expecting them to pop into Beefster Towers individualy for a cup of tea and a chat.

In a 'fan representative' vote, I'd have expected to see at least one of the dozen? candidates canvassing/glad-handing outside the South Stand with a placard/leaflets/wee booth/whatever. I haven't.

If their day jobs are that busy that they can't get out and about at ER on game day (when presumably they're not working), they shouldn't even be standing IMHO.

macd123
07-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Wondering if any of you would be up for posting a short video on here with some of your thoughts and why you would be good at the job?

It's sometimes difficult to get an impression of someone if you can't put a face to the name or hear them speak.

Weststandwanab
08-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Wondering if any of you would be up for posting a short video on here with some of your thoughts and why you would be good at the job?

It's sometimes difficult to get an impression of someone if you can't put a face to the name or hear them speak.

That is an excellent idea I wonder if you will get any takers.

FranckSuzy
08-01-2015, 03:05 PM
My brother is a shareholder and as such, is eligible to vote. I am his proxy (as he lives in Australia) but neither he or I are able to log-on to the system. I have contacted Hibs about this and they say ballot papers will be available on Saturday at the FF reception or next week in the West Stand to address this issue......however, he raises an interesting point, IMHO....as he knows none of the candidates except Frank Dougan. He doesn't read .net or the Bounce and despite his best intentions, is very unlikely to be at ER on Sat :greengrin So, how do these people go about making their minds up about who to vote for?

As had been borne out on the threads here and the Bounce, some of the claims by the candidates are fanciful (to be polite) and under scrutiny, more realistic and honest opinions have been proffered. My concern therefore is that those who can only go by the statements on the official site may be duped and with 17 candidates, would it perhaps have been easier to group those standing for election under certain banners so people can differentiate between them all, i.e., 'Petrie Out', 'Community Ownership', 'A Winning Team', etc, etc..? Or, narrow down the number of candidates to perhaps 5 or 6... :dunno:

Andy74
08-01-2015, 03:08 PM
My brother is a shareholder and as such, is eligible to vote. I am his proxy (as he lives in Australia) but neither he or I are able to log-on to the system. I have contacted Hibs about this and they say ballot papers will be available on Saturday at the FF reception or next week in the West Stand to address this issue......however, he raises an interesting point, IMHO....as he knows none of the candidates except Frank Dougan. He doesn't read .net or the Bounce and despite his best intentions, is very unlikely to be at ER on Sat :greengrin So, how do these people go about making their minds up about who to vote for?

As had been borne out on the threads here and the Bounce, some of the claims by the candidates are fanciful (to be polite) and under scrutiny, more realistic and honest opinions have been proffered. My concern therefore is that those who can only go by the statements on the official site may be duped and with 17 candidates, would it perhaps have been easier to group those standing for election under certain banners so people can differentiate between them all, i.e., 'Petrie Out', 'Community Ownership', 'A Winning Team', etc, etc..? Or, narrow down the number of candidates to perhaps 5 or 6... :dunno:

It is season ticket members who are eligible for this vote isn't it?

Shareholders I presume will then have a vote to confirm their appointment at the AGM.

CropleyWasGod
08-01-2015, 03:10 PM

Shareholders I presume will then have a vote to confirm their appointment at the AGM.

It's shareholders and ST holders.

FranckSuzy
08-01-2015, 03:14 PM

It's shareholders and ST holders.

:agree:

Another problem is Hibs don't know whether it's the proxy or actual shareholder who are eligible to vote online...

I can fill in a ballot paper as long as I clearly mark it as being my brother's vote by his proxy (me) as it could show up that I have already voted as a ST holder :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
08-01-2015, 03:59 PM
:agree:

Another problem is Hibs don't know whether it's the proxy or actual shareholder who are eligible to vote online...

I can fill in a ballot paper as long as I clearly mark it as being my brother's vote by his proxy (me) as it could show up that I have already voted as a ST holder :rolleyes:

Do you know if there is still an issue with "single voting"? ie if I only wanted to vote for 1 candidate.

Someone raised it a while back.

FranckSuzy
08-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Do you know if there is still an issue with "single voting"? ie if I only wanted to vote for 1 candidate.

Sorry, I have no idea but I would have liked to have voted "no danger" on my second one :devil:

PatHead
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM

You have to vote for 2 candidates or none. I checked today.

CropleyWasGod
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM
You have to vote for 2 candidates or none. I checked today.

Thanks for that.

I find that undemocratic.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that.

So do I, what if someone gets appointed because they get most "2nd" votes, although nobody really wanted to vote for them? Doesn't make sense

PatHead
08-01-2015, 08:54 PM
So do I, what if someone gets appointed because they get most "2nd" votes, although nobody really wanted to vote for them? Doesn't make sense

Didn't make the rules, just reporting them.:wink:

I think there should have been only one vote for each person voting.

Baldy Foghorn
08-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Didn't make the rules, just reporting them.:wink:

I think there should have been only one vote for each person voting.

Yeah one vote for one person would have been sufficient.....

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM

:agree: do kids season tickets get 2 votes?

If so I've got 6 votes still to place.

Andy74
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM

There are two positions though so you would still be open to getting someone you definitely didn't vote for.

marinello59
08-01-2015, 09:03 PM
There are two positions though so you would still be open to getting someone you definitely didn't vote for.

I will be getting two people I definitely didn't vote for. :greengrin

PatHead
08-01-2015, 09:12 PM
:agree: do kids season tickets get 2 votes?

If so I've got 6 votes still to place.

According to the official site

Voting is open to any supporters aged 18 or over with a Season Ticket Membership for seasons 2012/13, 2013/14 or 2014/15, or current shareholders (as of Thursday 23 October, when the nominations opened).

CropleyWasGod
08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Are any brown envelopes being offered for my second vote?

Come to think of it, my first one's probably not beyond purchase either.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2015, 09:17 PM

:tee hee:

PatHead
08-01-2015, 09:22 PM

What do you want a brown envelope for, run out?

macd123
09-01-2015, 12:19 AM
That is an excellent idea I wonder if you will get any takers.

Cheers weststandwanab, no takers as yet!

If any candidates are up for posting a short video clip, please do, it could be helpful to hear it from the horse's mouth.

tartanhibee
09-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Is this Q & A happening and if so when and where?

PatHead
09-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Is this Q & A happening and if so when and where?

The HSA have not got back yet. Running out of time now. So doubting it would happen.

Really think it would have given a good opportunity for you all to meet the candidates and think there should be one next time around.

Kevin Martin

Jonnyboy
09-01-2015, 06:16 PM

Voting is open to any supporters aged 18 or over with a Season Ticket Membership for seasons 2012/13, 2013/14 or 2014/15, or current shareholders (as of Thursday 23 October, when the nominations opened).

That's not strictly correct K. I understand that disabled ST holders are eligible to vote but their carers are not.

PatHead
09-01-2015, 06:29 PM
That's not strictly correct K. I understand that disabled ST holders are eligible to vote but their carers are not.

Thanks for clarifying. Just quoted directly from official site and didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Just quoted directly from official site and didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Sorry K, didn't mean to infer anything! Just felt it was info worth sharing :aok:

tartanhibee
09-01-2015, 06:48 PM
The HSA have not got back yet. Running out of time now. So doubting it would happen.

Really think it would have given a good opportunity for you all to meet the candidates and think there should be one next time around.

Kevin Martin

Shame.

Good of you to try anyway.

Know one of my votes will go for you PatHead (Kevin Martin) Not got a clue
who else to vote for.

Don't know enough about the candidates other than posting on here.
Wish there was only one vote required as it is putting me off voting
altogether.

PatHead
09-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Sorry K, didn't mean to infer anything! Just felt it was info worth sharing :aok:

Just to confirm whilst I remember that you must make 2 votes. Keep getting asked.

Sure that is right J!

Weststandwanab
09-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Thanks for that.

I agree.

I bet that must hack off a few 16/17 year olds who voted in the Referendum.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Just to confirm whilst I remember that you must make 2 votes. Keep getting asked.

Sure that is right J!

Yep, two required :agree:

FranckSuzy
09-01-2015, 09:16 PM
I was told on Saturday, before the derby, that the HSA would not be holding a 'hustings' and this was repeated again last night at a branch committee meeting. Not sure why this wasn't communicated directly to candidates though....

PatHead
09-01-2015, 09:38 PM
I was told on Saturday, before the derby, that the HSA would not be holding a 'hustings' and this was repeated again last night at a branch committee meeting. Not sure why this wasn't communicated directly to candidates though....

Thanks for letting us know. Not much time for a plan B now.

Wish they had sent an email.

PatHead
10-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Just in case anyone wants to meet me I will be in Behind the Goals from 12 until just before 2pm starting upstairs. At 2pm I will be in the Hibs Club upstairs meeting the Linlithgow bus. I am sure they wouldn't object if someone wants to pop in.

I will try and see as many fans as possible but during the match my seat is in the West Lower Row T, seat 159.

I am open to offers after the match!

Kevin Martin

ronaldo7
10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Nice to see the campaign get out into the pubs of Easter Road. Thanks for the leaflet from George Henry's team.:aok:

FranckSuzy
10-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Nice to see the campaign get out into the pubs of Easter Road. Thanks for the leaflet from George Henry's team.:aok:

:agree: I received a card from another candidate in the Hibs club too :aok:

GeorgieH
10-01-2015, 08:27 PM

Thanks, I've been trying to get round as many people as I can. For me it's the views of all these people that will help build a better future for our club. Whether you are connected to a supporters club or go to the games on your own, everyone has an equal and valid opinion.

If I am lucky enough to be elected then gettibg out there and meeting people is exactly that stance that I would take. It's the people that matter, rather than solely posting on the web.

My contact deatails are on the leaflet so give me a shout if you wish to discuss anything.

Cheers

G

Famous Fiver
11-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Is there anywhere we can see the present standings of the candidates in the election or do we have to wait until voting closes to find out the results?

GeorgieH
11-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Is there anywhere we can see the present standings of the candidates in the election or do we have to wait until voting closes to find out the results?

As far as I'm aware we need to wait until after the closing date

Glorious St Pat
11-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Morris McBrierty was canvassing in the Four in a Hand before and after the game - managed to get a fair bit of support. Number of the St Pats boys voting for him too.

Still strikes me that some of the candidates are desperate - perhaps too desperate - to get elected and their constant communication on here is grating!

Mikey
11-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Still strikes me that some of the candidates are desperate - perhaps too desperate - to get elected and their constant communication on here is grating!

With 14,030 visitors in the last 24hrs it's pretty obvious why they're putting their case forward on here. You would have to wonder why some aren't.

Jay
11-01-2015, 09:23 PM
I agree.

I bet that must hack off a few 16/17 year olds who voted in the Referendum.

I have a son who will be 18 about a fortnight after the vote closes and he is livid but there has to be a cut off point somewhere.

Hibby_Paul
11-01-2015, 09:24 PM
With 14,030 visitors in the last 24hrs it's pretty obvious why they're putting their case forward on here. You would have to wonder why some aren't.

Agree Mikey. Encouraging to see the face to face comminictIon going on by several but can't understand why some candidates haven't even introduced themselves on here.... Even if your not normally on the site at least come on once or twice.

Many more layers and technology to modern day fan interactions than just pubs and Hibs club.

marinello59
12-01-2015, 05:29 AM

Wow.

Beefster
12-01-2015, 05:46 AM
Morris McBrierty was canvassing in the Four in a Hand before and after the game - managed to get a fair bit of support. Number of the St Pats boys voting for him too.

Not as grating as your constant pushing of agendas IMHO but it's a free country.

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2015, 06:32 AM

:hilarious. Surely we want someone who regularly communicates and is "desperate" for the position to get it?

If it's one if the other guys I'll never hear from them because I'm not in the four in hand or wherever (at the time they decide to turn up without publicising) or because they can't be bothered.

Can you imagine an interview process where the hiring manager says "I think I'll go with the guy that didn't prepare, try hard or look that fussed about the role."

Weststandwanab
12-01-2015, 06:38 AM
I have a son who will be 18 about a fortnight after the vote closes and he is livid but there has to be a cut off point somewhere.

I can imagine.

Just Alf
12-01-2015, 06:47 AM
:hilarious. Surely we want someone who regularly communicates and is "desperate" for the position to get it?

If it's one if the other guys I'll never hear from them because I'm not in the four in hand or wherever (at the time they decide to turn up without publicising) or because they can't be bothered.

Can you imagine an interview process where the hiring manager says "I think I'll go with the guy that didn't prepare, try hard or look that fussed about the role."

Got to agree with this.... One of "our" arguments with the club is their perceived lack of communication with us as fans, surely, whatever else happens, the Fans Representatives will have that top of their list??? :confused:

Allant1981
12-01-2015, 06:56 AM

Well dont read the thread then

matty_f
12-01-2015, 07:12 AM

Can you tell us which candidates aren't desperate to get the role so I can strike them off my list please?

lucky
12-01-2015, 07:25 AM

That's quite an accusation. Why is it the St Pats branch come across as well as the green brigade? The agenda seems that your branch is always right and everything & everyone else is wrong. St Pats have lots of ideas and do some great work but it is not the sole fountain of knowledge amongst the Hibs support

FranckSuzy
12-01-2015, 09:28 PM
That's quite an accusation. Why is it the St Pats branch come across as well as the green brigade? The agenda seems that your branch is always right and everything & everyone else is wrong. St Pats have lots of ideas and do some great work but it is not the sole fountain of knowledge amongst the Hibs support

Can I ask what you are basing this sweeping generalisation on? I am a St. Pat's member and do not, in any way, recognise the ethos that you describe. In fact, I would go as far as saying you are bang out of order.

Jonnyboy
12-01-2015, 09:38 PM

Mo has posted a few times on this thread. Do you find that grating too?

matty_f
12-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Can I ask what you are basing this sweeping generalisation on? I am a St. Pat's member and do not, in any way, recognise the ethos that you describe. In fact, I would go as far as saying you are bang out of order.

To be fair to lucky I can see where they are coming from though it's based on input from some posters that make a point about their connections to the St Pat's branch.

Of course, it's a fair sized branch and there are undoubtedly many posters who don't for Lucky's description of the branch, however they tend not to be so noticeable as St Pat's members on here.

BroxburnHibee
13-01-2015, 05:33 AM
I agree with lucky - if the St Pats branch are backing Mo then that's fair enough but that post comes across pretty poor IMO.

Brooster
13-01-2015, 05:54 AM
I agree with lucky - if the St Pats branch are backing Mo then that's fair enough but that post comes across pretty poor IMO.

Deplorable if you ask me. Fair enough they can support any candidate they wish but no need to have a pop at other candidates. I would be interested to know who the active supporters branches are supporting, Carlton, Four in Hand and Linlithgow being the main ones. East Lothian have certainly identified a lead candidate who we think is best placed to represent us on the board and have highlighted this to our members but at the end of the day it's up to the individual as to who they vote for.

3pm
13-01-2015, 06:54 AM

How many is a number?! I am in the branch but haven't decided.

Brightside
13-01-2015, 07:05 AM
I've decided not to vote for anyone. But if i was voting nothing puts me off more than this "member of branch" "son of leith" nonsense.

I dont actually see any benefit in having fans reps on the board now.

FranckSuzy
13-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Spoke to the St Pat's secretary last night, who confirmed that they are not backing anyone, which ties in with myself and various other members hearing nowt either.

Anyway, the poster stated that 'some' members were voting a certain way, not that the branch was endorsing anyone.

Weststandwanab
13-01-2015, 08:47 AM
I've decided not to vote for anyone. But if i was voting nothing puts me off more than this "member of branch" "son of leith" nonsense.

I dont actually see any benefit in having fans reps on the board now.

Funny you should say that.

I posted as much when this idea was first muted.

I am still of the same opinion but now we have candidates I will be voting.

Soon.

brog
13-01-2015, 09:24 AM
As someone who's lived away from Edinburgh since 1980 I appreciate the info on here re some of the candidates. The only one known to me was Frank Dougan but now I find I "know" others through this board. I would be delighted if other candidates used this forum to provide further details re their credentials & to advise why we should be considering giving them our vote. Similarly if anyone wants to post informative (but not negative) comments about any of the candidates known to them that would be helpful. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. FWIW, like others I'm somewhat sceptical of the process but I'm delighted so many people put themselves forward as our representatives.

Bill Milne
13-01-2015, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't dream of being the sole spokesman for my branch (Edinburgh West) but I am happy to state that I voted for Kevin Martin (PatHead) and Gordon Munro as they are known to me personally and I am confident both would do a good job in representing the ordinary punter.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't dream of being the sole spokesman for my branch (Edinburgh West) but I am happy to state that I voted for Kevin Martin (PatHead) and Gordon Munro as they are known to me personally and I am confident both would do a good job in representing the ordinary punter.

Thanks very much Bill.

On a separate note I am a member of St Pat's branch. I don't hold any position within the branch.

As far as I am aware St Pat's branch have not endorsed any candidate and only 2 members were standing who were members of the branch, myself and Liz Linn. Neither of us were encouraged to do so by the branch though a few members of the branch did talk to me about it in a personal manner. Members of other branches and folk who are not members of clubs also spoke to me before I put myself forward.

I hope that clarifies things.

ronaldo7
13-01-2015, 12:41 PM

The Green Brigade...Really??

Can you explain what you mean by this.

As an aside, I too am a member of St Pats, and I have not been told by the branch to vote for any candidate. It's an open vote for all members.

Glorious St Pat doesn't speak for the branch END OF.

GreenPJ
13-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Its very sad that the excellent concept of fan representation on the board is turning into an opportunity for fans/branches to turn it into a typical political campaign and the idea of providing unity seems further away than ever.

macd123
13-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Not much time for a plan B now.

Wish they had sent an email.

Hi kevin, given it's the first time this has happened it's worth congratulating the club and the people who are getting involved.

I don't feel i have enough of an impression of the candidates but will vote anyway.

For next time it would be good to have 2 or 3 hustings. Streamed on hibs TV and available to view afterwards on the club website. I do think it would help people to get an impression of the candidates.

That's just feedback btw, the process is good thing so not criticising that.

ivan03
13-01-2015, 04:14 PM
I've not posted on this thread but have been following it. I know the process hasn't been the best and I'm sure the club would change a fair bit the next time they do this.

IMO I think it's essential that the winning candidate should be someone that has attended games home and away for a period of time. How can you represent the fans if you don't go to away games, I wonder how many of the candidates can say hand on heart they do this. From the list I know of only two, Frank Dougan and George Henry, however I accept that there may be others I don't know.

FWIW I also find it strange that some of the candidates have been posting a lot early on and haven't been seen since.

Golden Bear
13-01-2015, 04:34 PM
It's a very difficult if not nigh impossible decision to select the best candidates the bulk of whom will be totally unknown to those who are entitled to a vote. I've based my vote mainly on the basis of what I've read on here - which may, or may not be a good thing!

Anyway best of luck to all the candidates, thanks for putting your hat into the ring and I sincerely hope they're all of the tin variety.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2015, 05:17 PM
It's a very difficult if not nigh impossible decision to select the best candidates the bulk of whom will be totally unknown to those who are entitled to a vote. I've based my vote mainly on the basis of what I've read on here - which may, or may not be a good thing!

Anyway best of luck to all the candidates, thanks for putting your hat into the ring and I sincerely hope they're all of the tin variety.

I was saying similar last night. No idea who to vote on or why.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Hi kevin, given it's the first time this has happened it's worth congratulating the club and the people who are getting involved.

I don't feel i have enough of an impression of the candidates but will vote anyway.

For next time it would be good to have 2 or 3 hustings. Streamed on hibs TV and available to view afterwards on the club website. I do think it would help people to get an impression of the candidates.

That's just feedback btw, the process is good thing so not criticising that.

Would also like a personal statement to be backed up with a wee interview on Hibs TV just to give voters a "feel" of who the candidates are. They could be issued on a drip feed process if as many candidates stood again next time.

lucky
13-01-2015, 06:11 PM

Don't think I'm out of order. I was posting my own observations on how some "leading" St Pats figures have posted on this thread and others. The comment with regards to acting like Green Brigade was meant to reflect on my observations on how St Pats branch figures believe they are more Hibernian than the rest of us. Im happy to accept that the St Pats branch are not endorsing any candidates but rather than point it out to me it's probably more importantly to inform your own branch members that this is the case.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 06:18 PM
I've not posted on this thread but have been following it. I know the process hasn't been the best and I'm sure the club would change a fair bit the next time they do this.

IMO I think it's essential that the winning candidate should be someone that has attended games home and away for a period of time. How can you represent the fans if you don't go to away games, I wonder how many of the candidates can say hand on heart they do this. From the list I know of only two, Frank Dougan and George Henry, however I accept that there may be others I don't know.

FWIW I also find it strange that some of the candidates have been posting a lot early on and haven't been seen since.

I have noticed that myself but equally a lot of voters complained they were getting fed up with the constant canvassing. Also some candidates may have been put off by the negative turn the thread took for a while. Alternatively they maybe just didn't "get" the net if they were not used to it.

matty_f
13-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I have noticed that myself but equally a lot of voters complained they were getting fed up with the constant canvassing. Also some candidates may have been put off by the negative turn the thread took for a while. Alternatively they maybe just didn't "get" the net if they were not used to it.

I think only one poster complained about the canvassing, and was roundly disagreed with.

ronaldo7
13-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Don't think I'm out of order. I was posting my own observations on how some "leading" St Pats figures have posted on this thread and others. The comment with regards to acting like Green Brigade was meant to reflect on my observations on how St Pats branch figures believe they are more Hibernian than the rest of us. Im happy to accept that the St Pats branch are not endorsing any candidates but rather than point it out to me it's probably more importantly to inform your own branch members that this is the case.

Who are these leading St Pats figures? You seem to know a lot about the branch.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 07:08 PM
As we are now in the last few days of voting I thought I would remind voters of why I think they should vote for Kevin Martin.

I have tried to meet as many fans as possible over the last few weeks whilst canvassing. Apart from .net and the Bounce I have spoken to fans in Behind the Goals, Hibs Club, on the train to Kirkcaldy, in the stands home and away, in pubs, on the streets and always love to hear what fans have to say and their opinions. That will not stop if elected. I will make myself as available as possible. I promise to alternate between Behind the Goals and the Hibs club each home game to meet supporters and to stay active on social media to gain opinions. A Supporter Representative has to be willing to do this and not just want a seat on the board.

I am actively involved in Working Together and meet supporters, management and board members there. I feel that as part of the Board I would be able to help progress requests and suggestions quicker than some of the other candidates as I already have a working relationship with many members of the "system". Basically I would hit the ground running. Through the work I currently do with Hibs I am also aware of the effort required and am willing to put in that effort.

The supporters representative role in the Board will be different to the other non-executive Directors in that their main skill will be gaining fans perspective and presenting supporters views. An "accountant type" is not the job description required. As I do this in my normal day job I believe I am perfectly placed to perform that role.

Like all the candidates I love Hibs and desperately want what is best for them. I really think I can be the best candidate to meet the challenge.

Kevin

macd123
13-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Would also like a personal statement to be backed up with a wee interview on Hibs TV just to give voters a "feel" of who the candidates are. They could be issued on a drip feed process if as many candidates stood again next time.

Agreed Kevin, the more people we can engage the better.

Glorious St Pat
13-01-2015, 07:18 PM
How many is a number?! I am in the branch but haven't decided.

There were a handful of St Pats members in the pub and they were backing Mo. Big G was in as well - no idea who he is voting for.

To clarify, I don't speak on behalf of the branch and as far as I'm aware the branch has no preferred candidate option - all individual vote.

Clear now?

Glorious St Pat
13-01-2015, 07:20 PM
The Green Brigade...Really??

Can you explain what you mean by this.

As an aside, I too am a member of St Pats, and I have not been told by the branch to vote for any candidate. It's an open vote for all members.

Glorious St Pat doesn't speak for the branch END OF.

Ronaldo, I completely agree. My post been taken out of context. Merely said a 'number' were voting for Mo. In this case the handful that were in the pub last Saturday.

Glorious St Pat
13-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Spoke to the St Pat's secretary last night, who confirmed that they are not backing anyone, which ties in with myself and various other members hearing nowt either.

Anyway, the poster stated that 'some' members were voting a certain way, not that the branch was endorsing anyone.

Completely agree Suzy. Branch not nominating anyone just that a handful of members on Sat that I spoke to were voting for Mo.

Weir7
13-01-2015, 07:24 PM
As we are now in the last few days of voting I thought I would remind voters of why I think they should vote for Kevin Martin.

I have tried to meet as many fans as possible over the last few weeks whilst canvassing. Apart from .net and the Bounce I have spoken to fans in Behind the Goals, Hibs Club, on the train to Kirkcaldy, in the stands home and away, in pubs, on the streets and always love to hear what fans have to say and their opinions. That will not stop if elected. I will make myself as available as possible. I promise to alternate between Behind the Goals and the Hibs club each home game to meet supporters and to stay active on social media to gain opinions. A Supporter Representative has to be willing to do this and not just want a seat on the board.

I am actively involved in Working Together and meet supporters, management and board members there. I feel that as part of the Board I would be able to help progress requests and suggestions quicker than some of the other candidates as I already have a working relationship with many members of the "system". Basically I would hit the ground running. Through the work I currently do with Hibs I am also aware of the effort required and am willing to put in that effort.

The supporters representative role in the Board will be different to the other non-executive Directors in that their main skill will be gaining fans perspective and presenting supporters views. An "accountant type" is not the job description required. As I do this in my normal day job I believe I am perfectly placed to perform that role.

Like all the candidates I love Hibs and desperately want what is best for them. I really think I can be the best candidate to meet the challenge.

Kevin

I don't recall seeing if you've answered a question I raised. There will be a vote of mi confidence in petrie at the agm. If you're a director how will you vote?

All the things you have mentioned don't excite me its all small beer What I am keen to know what will you do to make us a top four team in Scotland and play fitba like moggas team

Glorious St Pat
13-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Thanks very much Bill.

On a separate note I am a member of St Pat's branch. I don't hold any position within the branch.

As far as I am aware St Pat's branch have not endorsed any candidate and only 2 members were standing who were members of the branch, myself and Liz Linn. Neither of us were encouraged to do so by the branch though a few members of the branch did talk to me about it in a personal manner. Members of other branches and folk who are not members of clubs also spoke to me before I put myself forward.

I hope that clarifies things.

Make that three members of St Pats now standing - Morris being the latest addition.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2015, 07:26 PM
I don't recall seeing if you've answered a question I raised. There will be a vote of mi confidence in petrie at the agm. If you're a director how will you vote?

All the things you have mentioned don't excite me its all small bear
What I am keen to know what will you do to make us a top four team in Scotland and play fitba like moggas team

He's not the manager, get a grip

DaveF
13-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Make that three members of St Pats now standing - Morris being the latest addition.

Can you post without mentioning St Pats :greengrin

PatHead
13-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Sorry. There was only 2 at outset,

Don;t know if anyone other than Mo has proposed to join and didn't want to ignore them if they had been mentioned in the thread earlier.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2015, 07:32 PM

All the things you have mentioned don't excite me its all small beer What I am keen to know what will you do to make us a top four team in Scotland and play fitba like moggas team

The agenda for the AGM was published today. Is that one of the items?

For info, if he's a director, he won't get a vote at the AGM. That would be for shareholders only.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 07:34 PM
I think only one poster complained about the canvassing, and was roundly disagreed with.

Sorry, that was my mistake. It was another website.

Weir7
13-01-2015, 07:37 PM

For info, if he's a director, he won't get a vote at the AGM. That would be for shareholders only.

From attending hibs agmsdirectors are shareholders ans they vote. They vote at every agm I've been at for the last 20 years

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2015, 07:39 PM
From attending hibs agmsdirectors are shareholders ans they vote. They vote at every agm I've been at for the last 20 years

Which directors own shares in Hibs? I haven't seen the 2014 accounts, but I reckon none of them.

Directors who are not shareholders do not get a vote at AGMs. It's a meeting OF shareholders.

Weststandwanab
13-01-2015, 07:42 PM

He will if he is a shareholder in his own right or holds a proxy for any other shareholder.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2015, 07:46 PM
He will if he is a shareholder in his own right or holds a proxy for any other shareholder.

See above :wink:

Weir7
13-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Which directors own shares in Hibs? I haven't seen the 2014 accounts, but I reckon none of them.

Directors who are not shareholders do not get a vote at AGMs. It's a meeting OF shareholders.

Every hibs director is a shareholder and has been since farmer took over.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 07:48 PM

See post 631

Much as I would like to make that promise I can't promise what I can't do in my capacity as a Director. What I can promise is that I would vote to back the Management team as far as possible. I am a Hibs supporter and want us back to that as much as any other supporter.

I also think that we are the closest we have been since Mowbray to providing that type of entertainment under Alan Stubbs.

CropleyWasGod
13-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Every hibs director is a shareholder and has been since farmer took over.

I may be wrong, but I thought it was law that directors' shareholdings need to be disclosed in the accounts of a private company.

There's nothing in the 2013 accounts to say that any directors had shares in the football club.

Where is your information coming from?

PatHead
13-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Hibs have introduced the following link for fans who have had server problems and been unable to vote.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5105

Hope the link works.

Weir7
13-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Much as I would like to make that promise I can't promise what I can't do in my capacity as a Director. What I can promise is that I would vote to back the Management team as far as possible. I am a Hibs supporter and want us back to that as much as any other supporter.

I also think that we are the closest we have been since Mowbray to providing that type of entertainment under Alan Stubbs.

I don't believe the club is focused enough and the desire, passion and ruthlessness to bring these days back.

Directors and farmer have consistently failed the fans. Hence why I raised question. The cosy status quo in the boardroom in still in place.

21 points behind these gorgie tramps. Enough said.

Weir7
13-01-2015, 08:05 PM

I've looked at post 631. That does not answer my question. That is a politicians answer. That is the last thing we need at ER.

Let me rephrase it. I want petrie out my club. I want him out yesterday. What do you want?

Mikey
13-01-2015, 08:07 PM
I've looked at post 631. That does not answer my question. That is a politicians answer. That is the last thing we need at ER.

Let me rephrase it. I want petrie out my club. I want him out yesterday. What do you want?

Are you going to ask the other 16 the same question or are you just picking on Kevin?

Andy74
13-01-2015, 08:10 PM

A bit out of order that really.

As a Director he couldn't do anything about another Director being on the board or not. That's a matter for shareholders.

There is no vote of confidence in Petrie on the AGM business. Items aren't just called for on the night.

Mikey
13-01-2015, 08:13 PM

You should probably have stood yourself and run on the "Petrie Out" ticket.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 08:18 PM

I am with you I would have attended the Petrie out rally if I hadn't been at the other meeting inside the stand.

I voted with everyone else at that meeting on the Petrie vote which wanted him to resign. As far as I recollect it was unanimous though I would stand to be corrected. I will have notes somewhere I could check the exact motion though.

I would have to take supporters opinion before voting in the boardroom in the event of a proposal of no confidence in the chairman as my personal opinion is not the one that matters there.

Pretty Boy
13-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I am with you I would have attended the Petrie out rally if I hadn't been at the other meeting inside the stand.

I voted with everyone else at that meeting on the Petrie vote which wanted him to resign. As far as I recollect it was unanimous though I would stand to be corrected. I will have notes somewhere I could check the exact motion though.

I would have to take supporters opinion before voting in the boardroom in the event of a proposal of no confidence in the chairman as my personal opinion is not the one that matters there.

I was at that meeting as well and the vote was indeed unanimous so your recollection is correct.

matty_f
13-01-2015, 08:21 PM

I think your recollection is correct, all of us around the table voted to say they wanted Petrie to resign (other than Brian Houston and Leeann Dempster).

tamig
13-01-2015, 08:23 PM
I don't believe the club is focused enough and the desire, passion and ruthlessness to bring these days back.

Directors and farmer have consistently failed the fans. Hence why I raised question. The cosy status quo in the boardroom in still in place.

21 points behind these gorgie tramps. Enough said.

Lol. And how are a pair of fans' reps going to change that situation then?

Weir7
13-01-2015, 08:25 PM

Thanks for confirmation. Glad you agree.

How will you be able work with Rod? I couldn't.

Weir7
13-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Are you going to ask the other 16 the same question or are you just picking on Kevin?

What's it got to do with you.

I've already asked others.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 08:30 PM

I have answered him as clearly as I can as I will always answer questions to the best of my ability. I realise that by answering the question I might leave myself open to criticism and lose votes but I believe honesty is the best policy. It would be good of other candidates to answer the question as well.

I also realise that I would not have the power to remove him in a board meeting but also realise it is important that fans viewpoint is known and represented. I would also like to think that if it was discussed and the general feeling of the board was he should resign that he would take that course of action.

Finally I hold nothing against RP personally and respect the work he did in helping the fantastic infrastructure being created. RP knows how I feel and we have talked as recently as Saturday (though not about him leaving.)

PatHead
13-01-2015, 08:34 PM
A bit out of order that really.

As a Director he couldn't do anything about another Director being on the board or not. That's a matter for shareholders.

There is no vote of confidence in Petrie on the AGM business. Items aren't just called for on the night.

Lol. And how are a pair of fans' reps going to change that situation then?

Thanks for confirmation. Glad you agree.

How will you be able work with Rod? I couldn't.

Think I have answered all of these points that were written whilst I was typing my reply above. If not let me know.

Pretty Boy
13-01-2015, 08:35 PM

As one of the admins of the site Mikey is quite within his rights to question you if he feels you are unfairly badgering another poster. That's what it's got to do with him.

If Kevin is happy to continue to answer then that's fair enough.

Mikey
13-01-2015, 08:39 PM

When Mr Angry comes on and starts picking on posters it's a site admin issue.

tamig
13-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Think I have answered all of these points that were written whilst I was typing my reply above. If not let me know.

On the phone so couldn't highlight the relevant section. My point was in response to the comment about Hearts being 21 points ahead. How could a couple of fans reps prevented that happening? Assuming the board membership was the same as it was at end of last season, i.e., pre-LD.

PatHead
13-01-2015, 08:45 PM
On the phone so couldn't highlight the relevant section. My point was in response to the comment about Hearts being 21 points ahead. How could a couple of fans reps prevented that happening? Assuming the board membership was the same as it was at end of last season, i.e., pre-LD.

I don't think they could have done much. No-one could have expected Hearts to have gone on such a run.

What they can do is help build the structure and passion that will see us above them next season though.