PDA

View Full Version : Back to back wins

Billy Whizz
18-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Didn't realise that we hadn't won back to back games in the championship this season!
Great chance on Saturday to put this right. 4 in a row would be good though😄

Jonnyboy
18-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Didn't realise that we hadn't won back to back games in the championship this season!
Great chance on Saturday to put this right. 4 in a row would be good though

:aok: :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-12-2014, 07:42 PM
That's an incredible fact and sadly explains why we are so far off the pace at the top of the table

Thecat23
18-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Great chance on Saturday to put this right. 4 in a row would be good though😄

Take it you heard this on the radio today? I heard the same in the car this evening. Didn't shock me but thought we had managed it at least once. Far to many draws!!

Billy Whizz
18-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Take it you heard this on the radio today? I heard the same in the car this evening. Didn't shock me but thought we had managed it at least once. Far to many draws!!

Thecat23, Can't remember where I heard it, but I was discussing it at the Hibs under 20 match today, with a few fellow Hibs fans. Was surprised when I heard this, and had to check it out

Thecat23
18-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Thecat23, Can't remember where I heard it, but I was discussing it at the Hibs under 20 match today, with a few fellow Hibs fans. Was surprised when I heard this, and had to check it out

It's crazy to think we haven't won 2 on the bounce! I do think we have been unlucky in a couple but need to finish off teams now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
18-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Yep I wouldn't of known that ,but we will change that on Saturday and we will all be dancing in the streets of Raith :agree:

Sir David Gray
18-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Incredible statistic and it's not one I was aware of until reading this thread.

That's definitely something we need to put right very soon if we want to put in a challenge for second place.

greenlex
19-12-2014, 02:39 PM
That's an incredible fact and sadly explains why we are so far off the pace at the top of the table

I think it's more to do with the fact the league leaders have won every game bar couple of draws. I will concede we were slow out the blocks and too many draws at home has hampered us too.

patlowe
19-12-2014, 02:54 PM
This is totally indicative of how inconsistent we have been this season. Even our away record, which seems to be lauded in many parts, reads Won 4 Lost 4 - not exactly championship winning form!

The key for us is making sure we get top 4 and hopefully come the end of the season we have developed that consistency to get us through the play-offs.

PeeJay
19-12-2014, 04:28 PM
According to the report I saw Stubbs himself wasn't aware of the fact that the team hadn't had back-to-back wins either, I find that quite astonishing, really .... I'd expect the manager at least to be aware of how the team is performing and the stats involved, anybody else find that strange? I also thought his 7/10 appraisal of the team's performance a bit of a joke ... then again, maybe he isn't aware of our ranking in the Champonship either ...:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
19-12-2014, 11:50 PM
It's also worth noting that we've actually failed to win two league games in a row in the whole of 2014.

With that in mind, today's our last opportunity to put that right.

Come on Hibs!

Bristolhibby
20-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Question.

Back to back wins or a defeat today but beating the the Rangers next week?

J

Jones28
20-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Question.

Back to back wins or a defeat today but beating the the Rangers next week?

J

Back to back wins, followed by destroying der Hun

Bristolhibby
20-12-2014, 10:36 AM
That's not one of my hypothetical options.

For me it's sinking Der Huns. I'd take that over an away win v Raith. That and the fact I'm up for the game next week.

However like you I want both.

J

Sir David Gray
20-12-2014, 11:44 AM
That's not one of my hypothetical options.

For me it's sinking Der Huns. I'd take that over an away win v Raith. That and the fact I'm up for the game next week.

However like you I want both.

J

No point in beating Sevco if we're losing to the likes of Raith Rovers.

However in the interests of answering your question, I would rather beat Sevco.

They must be the only team we've yet to beat at Easter Road.

matty_f
20-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Job done!

Ozyhibby
20-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Need 4 in a row now

bod
20-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Need 4 in a row now

got to get 3 in a row first

Billy Whizz
20-12-2014, 04:57 PM