PDA

View Full Version : annoying co -workers

bobbyhibs1983
17-12-2014, 12:25 PM
(please move if in wrong thread)

hi.
how does everyone else deal with annoying co workers?
I have several in my work area and most of them are not as bad as one, whom i feel is just annoying,(think of ned flanders from the simpsons!)

the guy is one of these people whom often talks to everyone instead of getting on with the job he is meant to be doing, thus in turn makes the people around him having to do more.
just it's so annoying!! just a few fellow collugues have just given up trying to do anything bout this, which doesn't help.I do try to ingore him as much as possiable though, i put headphones on and try to just focous on the job in hand.Things have to be his way sorta thing too. there has been times i have spoken to another collogue and he butts in .
My manager is not the best either(a bit of a lost case but a nice enough guy though)

so how does everyone else deal with there annoying,lazy co workers?

p.s sorry for a bit of a rant !

Wembley67
17-12-2014, 12:28 PM

hi.
I have several in my work area and most of them are not as bad as one, whom i feel is just annoying,(think of ned flanders from the simpsons!)

the guy is one of these people whom often talks to everyone instead of getting on with the job he is meant to be doing, thus in turn makes the people around him having to do more.
just it's so annoying!! just a few fellow collugues have just given up trying to do anything bout this, which doesn't help.I do try to ingore him as much as possiable though, i put headphones on and try to just focous on the job in hand.Things have to be his way sorta thing too. there has been times i have spoken to another collogue and he butts in .
My manager is not the best either(a bit of a lost case but a nice enough guy though)

Depending on your character lay it to him straight! If you don't feel confident doing it then ask one of your colleagues to do it, this guy may not even know he is being a pain until someone tells him.

Geo_1875
17-12-2014, 12:33 PM

hi.

Tell him straight out. If that doesn't work you have to talk to your manager and tell him it's affecting your work. Take it to HR if necessary. It does depend on which industry you work in. Don't approach him on your own if your a lumberjack or work on a rig. :wink:

Pretty Boy
17-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I work with a lady who is the same level as me but talks down to a couple of us because she's been there longer. Always pulling us up for trivial stuff, checking up on us and going above our heads with things that could have been dealt with by us. Bit of a brown noser of the boss too.

I put up with it for 2 or 3 months as I was new and didn't want to rock the boat. Eventually I decided I had to say something so I just told her straight I found the way she spoke to me demeaning and that I didn't appreciate being lectured or treated like a schoolboy by anyone let alone a co worker on the same level.

Sometimes you just have to say something or people may not realise there is a problem or continue to push it to see how far they can get.

sleeping giant
17-12-2014, 01:12 PM
You want to report a fellow worker for talking too much ?

Danderhall Hibs
17-12-2014, 05:03 PM
You want to report a fellow worker for talking too much ?

:hilarious. I didn't make it to the end of his post either!

Northernhibee
17-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Constant, loud and greasy smelling flatulance. All day long.

Onceinawhile
17-12-2014, 08:44 PM
I'd suggest punching him in the dick.

My team is 13 females 3 males. It's brutal.

The_Exile
17-12-2014, 11:16 PM
It's all women in my office too and it's daily misery. Women (granted, not all women, around 99.99999%) dinnae half revel in misery and complete made up fantasy like. I begged the office manager to hire a couple of more guys but to no avail. An office should have a fair mix of the sexes IMO.

Having said that, I saw 2 women co-workers attack each other over a box file so savagely that I wept with pure admiration when someone was stupid enough to try and break it up. I thing of unbridled joy.

Zazu62
18-12-2014, 06:57 AM
Lots of bickering talking behind each others backs where I work . It's amazing how many middle aged men can be so petulant and childish

bobbyhibs1983
18-12-2014, 08:02 AM
thank you all for the advice and some similar stories in your own work place!!

i have spoken to him a couple of times but he does not think he does anything wrong and he thought i was trying to bully him !.(which i was not)

He is the sorta guy whom "takes things to heart"(his words)

Its just frustrating cos there have been periods where we were *monitored* in the sense that we were chekced to see how much per hour to see how much we put through and guess who was bottom every bloody hour?

its just frustraing, if most of the area are told to do something, he is the sorta guy who ll do something like seep the floor or he ll have to take something somewhere(should take 2 mins but it ll take 5mins)

anyhhow thank you all for the advice and sorry about the b*tching !

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Thought I'd logged onto mumsnet by mistake when I read this thread! :-)

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Tell the teacher.

snooky
18-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Put earphones on every time he/she starts talking. That's what I did in a similar situation. :cb

heretoday
19-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Offices are terrible places. Shakespeare would have had a field day.