PDA

View Full Version : Footage from late 60s, early 70s

Green Fish
17-12-2014, 10:36 AM
A friend of mine, his dad played for hibs and was asking if he could get his hands on any footage for a gift.

Guy called Ian Miller, played left back.

Long shot but any info would be greatly appreciated

--------
17-12-2014, 10:42 AM
A friend of mine, his dad played for hibs and was asking if he could get his hands on any footage for a gift.

Is he sure? Can't place him at all. Davis, Jones, Schaedler are the only LBs I remember from that time.

brog
17-12-2014, 10:52 AM

The name rings a faint bell but I don't think he was ever a first team player ( not listed in Hibs Stats ) so unfortunately there's unlikely to be any footage of him.

Green Fish
17-12-2014, 10:59 AM
The name rings a faint bell but I don't think he was ever a first team player ( not listed in Hibs Stats ) so unfortunately there's unlikely to be any footage of him.

Thanks, my mate wasn't sure about appearances etc

hibbybrian
17-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks, my mate wasn't sure about appearances etc

Ian Miller signed for Hibs on 8-8-1972 from Schools football and played left back/left halfback in the Colts Team under Stan Vincent. They finished near the top of the East of Scotland League and won the King Cup - Ian scored one of the penalties in the shootout to win the Trophy :aok:

Although the records show that he was with Hibs for the following season, he was not in the Squad photo and wasn't listed in the Reserve/Colts Teams and he is mentioned as having been farmed out to Junior Team, Dunfermline United.

For Season 1974-75, he signed for Dundee and then Raith Rovers where he is shown as having played one League game.

He signed the following Season with Sauchie but departed to Australia early in 1976 and returned to sign for Dunfermline in July 1977 and played in one League match.

Ian played for Linlithgow Rose in Season 1982-83 and moved to England in September 1983.

Ian is seated between Arthur and Erich in the Squad Photo below

Green Fish
17-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Ian Miller signed for Hibs on 8-8-1972 from Schools football and played left back/left halfback in the Colts Team under Stan Vincent. They finished near the top of the East of Scotland League and won the King Cup - Ian scored one of the penalties in the shootout to win the Trophy :aok:

Although the records show that he was with Hibs for the following season, he was not in the Squad photo and wasn't listed in the Reserve/Colts Teams and he is mentioned as having been farmed out to Junior Team, Dunfermline United.

For Season 1974-75, he signed for Dundee and then Raith Rovers where he is shown as having played one League game.

He signed the following Season with Sauchie but departed to Australia early in 1976 and returned to sign for Dunfermline in July 1977 and played in one League match.

Ian played for Linlithgow Rose in Season 1982-83 and moved to England in September 1983.

Thanks, much appreciated!!

Iggy Pope
17-12-2014, 05:14 PM

Brilliant research Bri. I was at that King Cup final. V EDIN Uni If I'm right.. It was played at ER and I strongly recall Bobby Robertson being in goals.

hibbybrian
17-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Brilliant research Bri. I was at that King Cup final. V EDIN Uni If I'm right.. It was played at ER and I strongly recall Bobby Robertson being in goals.

Correct :aok:

Monday 23rd April 1973 King Cup Final

Hibernian Colts v Edinburgh University

Hibernian Colts; Robertson, Reynolds, Wallace, Callan, Douglas, Miller, Wilson, Muldoon, Hardie, McLaughlin (Harley), Thomson.

0-0 after 90 minutes and extra time. Hibs won 7-6 on penalties.:flag:

brog
17-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Superb answer Brian! I knew it rang a bell, I got my Xmas card from Stan V yesterday!

superfurryhibby
17-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Correct :aok:

Monday 23rd April 1973 King Cup Final

Hibernian Colts v Edinburgh University

Hibernian Colts; Robertson, Reynolds, Wallace, Callan, Douglas, Miller, Wilson, Muldoon, Hardie, McLaughlin (Harley), Thomson.

0-0 after 90 minutes and extra time. Hibs won 7-6 on penalties.:flag:

How on earth did you find this information? Impressed