PDA

View Full Version : Marc McNulty

Aitchy
16-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Man of the match for Sheffield United vs Southampton in League Cup quarter final. Released by us for not being good enough. Stefan Scougall the same.

Leith Mo
16-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Man of the match for Sheffield United vs Southampton in League Cup quarter final. Released by us for not being good enough. Stefan Scougall the same.

Great guy. Feet firmly on the ground and knows where to be on the park. Yes I do know him and not a bad word to say about Mark. Another that "got away" but sadly I think now "out of our league"

greenginger
16-12-2014, 09:58 PM

Released in 2009. Would that be Mixu or Yogi ?

S4uzee
16-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Released in 2009. Would that be Mixu or Yogi ?

Probably Bill Hendry

Bishop Hibee
16-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Both playing for a League 1 team who are battling to be in the play-offs. No big loss in my opinion.

Leith Mo
17-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Both playing for a League 1 team who are battling to be in the play-offs. No big loss in my opinion.

Yes? Good player IMO with an eye for goal and a seeming knack of being in good positions at the right time. Also character wise modest guy down to earth (again IMO). Yes proven goal scorer at (arguably) a higher standard than where we are now (when Clough plays him after injury). Would love to see him wear the Hibs jersey but again IMO will not happen. Good player who would certainly do a job for Hibs and a great guy.

bigwheel
17-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Delighted for him. Good to see players perform ...got to say though , that these things will always happen - some decisions you get wrong ...the thread of those we released who never made it - would be a much longer list ...

lucky
17-12-2014, 06:23 AM

Where as we are battling for a play off spot in the 2cd tier of Scottish football. How many of the present Hibs team would get a game in a leading league 1 team?

ruthven_raiders
17-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Where as we are battling for a play off spot in the 2cd tier of Scottish football. How many of the present Hibs team would get a game in a leading league 1 team?

Quite a few actually ;o)

scoopyboy
17-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Maybe we shouldn't release players then.

Is that a logical conclusion to your post?

--------
17-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Maybe we shouldn't release players then.

Is that a logical conclusion to your post?

The logical conclusion would seem to me to be that the man appointed to manage Hibs should be an infallible judge of the quality of the players in the his squad and never ever make mistakes about the future careers of those players. He must ALWAYS get it right.

McNulty's played around 120 senior games (give or take). He's scored about 40 goals in those games, mostly for Livingston in the Scottish League One. he scored a 'giant-killing' goal (so to speak) against Southampton and got a MotM award, so the fact that he was on out books in his early teens gets dredged up and a 'why did we release this future giant of the game?' thread gets started.

I appreciate the frustration, but it's been and gone and done - history. Why pick at a wound?

If he left in 2009, it would be either Mixu or Yogi who made the decision. (Scougall left at the same time, I think?)

So who's the Guilty Man? I demand to know!

(But they're long both gone, so how important is it?

Mikey09
17-12-2014, 09:29 AM

Sorry I don't know much about McNulty..... Scougall however?? Someone needs there bawes booted for letting that laddie go!! He is gonna be a top player.... Was let go for the reason used only in Scotland... "To wee son." :rolleyes:

--------
17-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Sorry I don't know much about McNulty..... Scougall however?? Someone needs there bawes booted for letting that laddie go!! He is gonna be a top player.... Was let go for the reason used only in Scotland... "To wee son." :rolleyes:

To be fair, there doesn't seem to have been much said on here when they were released - I did a quick search and can't find anything, anyway - though just a year ago when we were discussing whether we might sign a striker in last January's window (credit where credit's due :wink: ) Dave1875 did mention McNulty as a possibility.

Maybe the thought of being on a list compiled by the Butcher of Dreams was why he signed an extension at Livingston and then scarpered off down to Sheffield ....

overdrive
17-12-2014, 10:24 AM
The logical conclusion would seem to me to be that the man appointed to manage Hibs should be an infallible judge of the quality of the players in the his squad and never ever make mistakes about the future careers of those players. He must ALWAYS get it right.

McNulty's played around 120 senior games (give or take). He's scored about 40 goals in those games, mostly for Livingston in the Scottish League One. he scored a 'giant-killing' goal (so to speak) against Southampton and got a MotM award, so the fact that he was on out books in his early teens gets dredged up and a 'why did we release this future giant of the game?' thread gets started.

I appreciate the frustration, but it's been and gone and done - history. Why pick at a wound?

If he left in 2009, it would be either Mixu or Yogi who made the decision. (Scougall left at the same time, I think?)

So who's the Guilty Man? I demand to know!

(But they're long both gone, so how important is it?

Depending what level they are at, I would imagine the manager of the day has little input into who is released from the youth ranks unless they were at the level directly below first team. I thought Hibs liked to keep the youth team management separate from the first team.

PatHead
17-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Depending what level they are at, I would imagine the manager of the day has little input into who is released from the youth ranks unless they were at the level directly below first team. I thought Hibs liked to keep the youth team management separate from the first team.

Think that was one of Fenlon's bugbears that he didn't get input. The new structure is meant to mean that the players are not kept separate and the same philosophy carries through all levels. You would assume that means First Team coaching staff are aware of all players and will be involved in decision making.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Matt Done scored a hat trick last night. Cannae say I lost any sleep when he was released.

SteveHFC
17-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Matt Done scored a hat trick last night.

http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tumblr_lre036avxf1qcj771.gif

oldbutdim
17-12-2014, 09:05 PM

"Too wee" more likely.
Being too short rather than caught short .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Marcs a good lad, good to see him doing well down there.

Stuarty27
18-12-2014, 05:51 AM
It would of been Bill Hendry who would of been half caned at the time...

robinp
18-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Christian Nade scored a wonder goal for Sheffield United against Arsenal to win the game and got Man of the Match once...whatever happened to him?