16-12-2014, 07:31 PM
:aok:

Hibby91
16-12-2014, 07:39 PM
What's parking like around ground ?

Billy Whizz
16-12-2014, 07:45 PM
What's parking like around ground ?

Not the greatest. Some on street parking near the ground, or alternatively there's a big car park on the promenade

hibsbollah
16-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Looks like a 15 min walk from the train station?

Pretty Boy
16-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Looks like a 15 min walk from the train station?

Give or take that's about right. Further than it looks when you are on the train going into the station.

Big issue with Starks is lack of good pubs near the ground. Used to be a pub just down the road but it was boarded up when I was up for the pre season friendly last year.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Give or take that's about right. Further than it looks when you are on the train going into the station.

Big issue with Starks is lack of good pubs near the ground. Used to be a pub just down the road but it was boarded up when I was up for the pre season friendly last year.

Starks bar was open when I passed about 4 months ago. The four ways hotel is long gone though.

Bristolhibby
16-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Heading over to that game in March next year with my 6 year old lad.

What's the craic re tickets? When did they go on sale? Have they sold out this time?

J

Sir David Gray
16-12-2014, 10:56 PM

What's the craic re tickets? When did they go on sale? Have they sold out this time?

J

1700 tickets have been allocated to Hibs.

No mention has been made as to whether tickets will be made available for sale at the ground on Saturday.

We haven't sold out at the moment, as things stand.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-12-2014, 11:03 PM

Unlike Brentford iirc - a pub at each corner of the ground ;)

monktonharp
16-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Unlike Brentford iirc - a pub at each corner of the ground ;):agree:and a bloody guid day oot, wi wummin dancing on the tables. screaming at their bairns at the pub we were in 2 years ago:greengrin

son of haggart
17-12-2014, 05:56 AM
Unlike Brentford iirc - a pub at each corner of the ground ;)

yep - was there for brentford wolves last year and it made me laugh - 4 good pubs too, with another 5 or 6 in striking distance

EskbankHibby
17-12-2014, 07:19 AM

J

I'm there on Saturday J, we should be fine for March also.

Funkydunc
17-12-2014, 08:29 AM

A few pubs about 10 mins walk from the ground at the west end of the high street. Which in turn are about 10 mins from the station.

dangermouse
17-12-2014, 09:35 AM
A Raith supporting pal of mine recommends the Novar Bar. No idea where it is in relation to the ground though.

JimBHibees
17-12-2014, 09:47 AM
A Raith supporting pal of mine recommends the Novar Bar. No idea where it is in relation to the ground though.

http://www.novarbar.com/

On Nicol Street, post code is KY1 1NY.

Looks a 10 min saunter at most.

Albanian Hibs
17-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Just bought our 2 tickets bought today

davehiby
17-12-2014, 05:07 PM
nova bar Whooosh wear a tin helmet :cb

davehiby
17-12-2014, 05:08 PM
oconnols at the end of the high st is a rovers bar

EskbankHibby
17-12-2014, 05:45 PM
oconnols at the end of the high st is a rovers bar

Raith are using O'Connell's as a hospitality overflow for Saturday's game.

Package includes transfer to and from the ground pre and post match along with a three course meal. £75 all in, a 3 course meal at O'Connells can cost as little as £10, not exactly great value so we passed on it.

Decent pub though.

Keith_M
17-12-2014, 05:56 PM
A little known fact about Hibs sojourn in the 1st Division in 1980/1:

The biggest league crowd we played in front of that season wasn't at Easter Road, it was Stark's Park. They closed the gates before kick-off, as the ground was already at its capacity of 10,000.

I can't imagine that happening this weekend, sadly.

Smartie
17-12-2014, 06:07 PM

The biggest league crowd we played in front of that season wasn't at Easter Road, it was Stark's Park. They closed the gates before kick-off, as the ground was already at its capacity of 10,000.

Good fact.

Did Hibs seriously not get a crowd higher that 10,000 at home that season though? I know they weren't exactly glory years but I'd have thought that we'd still manage to get a few glory hunters along to celebrate going up, or to watch a top of the league tussle?

Keith_M
17-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Good fact.

Did Hibs seriously not get a crowd higher that 10,000 at home that season though? I know they weren't exactly glory years but I'd have thought that we'd still manage to get a few glory hunters along to celebrate going up, or to watch a top of the league tussle?

Sadly no.

Our highest home attendance that season was also against Raith, with just over 8,000 attending on the day we won the league. I was one of the many on the pitch that day ;)

Our lowest home attendance the last time we were in the 1st division (98/99) was actually more than our highest home attendance in 80/81.

happiehibbie
17-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Sadly no.

Our highest home attendance that season was also against Raith, with just over 8,000 attending on the day we won the league. I was one of the many on the pitch that day ;)

Our lowest home attendance the last time we were in the 1st division (98/99) was actually more than our highest home attendance in 80/81.

something tells me I was at the Raith away game that season and they clapped us onto the park i thought we had won the league the week before ??

DarrenSQH
18-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Hope we find out soon if there is going to be Pay at the gate. I dont see why there wouldnt be.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Hope we find out soon if there is going to be Pay at the gate. I dont see why there wouldnt be.

http://www.raithrovers.net/17548/match-information-for-hibernian-fans.htm

DarrenSQH
18-12-2014, 10:50 AM

Great thanks. Saves me a trip to Leith.

Keith_M
18-12-2014, 11:14 AM
something tells me I was at the Raith away game that season and they clapped us onto the park i thought we had won the league the week before ??

Hi HH, do you mean '81 or '99?

We defo beat Raith at home to win the league in '81, so didn't play them again that season.

In '99, we won the league at Firhill but I honestly can't remember who we played after that.

Keith_M
18-12-2014, 11:16 AM

That makes sense, as it's a decent size stand and I can't see us filling it.

Would have been daft to force people to buy tickets beforehand.

happiehibbie
18-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi HH, do you mean '81 or '99?

We defo beat Raith at home to win the league in '81, so didn't play them again that season.

In '99, we won the league at Firhill but I honestly can't remember who we played after that.

TBH I can t remember just remember them clapping us on

r

Ronniekirk
18-12-2014, 05:12 PM

Cheers billy will Defo head through for this one

Lago
18-12-2014, 06:51 PM

Yes was there that day, hibs suppoerters climbing up lamp post to get in the ground, did we get beaten can't remember score.

Off the bar
18-12-2014, 07:21 PM
TBH I can t remember just remember them clapping us on

r

The league was won at Firhill after we won that day and Falikirk dropped points, iirc Raith had put the away tickets on sale early as they were expecting a bumper hibs crowd to potentially see us win the league that day.

I was delighted cause I was at Firhill but could'nt be at Starks Park the following weekend!

LancashireHibby
19-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Not confident that my local non league game will be on (1st v 2nd in the North West Counties) so I could be making a very late decision to go to the game - glad they've made it clear about PATG :thumbsup:

Keith_M
19-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes was there that day, hibs suppoerters climbing up lamp post to get in the ground, did we get beaten can't remember score.

It was totally crazy and, yes, true to form, we lost (2-0 I think). The Hibs Support under the roof behind the goals were chanting "there's gonna be a riot"....... happily there wasn't ;)

The league was won at Firhill after we won that day and Falikirk dropped points, iirc Raith had put the away tickets on sale early as they were expecting a bumper hibs crowd to potentially see us win the league that day.

I was delighted cause I was at Firhill but could'nt be at Starks Park the following weekend!

So it was '99 HH was thinking about.. Thanks for clearing that up :aok:

HH81
19-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Not confident that my local non league game will be on (1st v 2nd in the North West Counties) so I could be making a very late decision to go to the game - glad they've made it clear about PATG :thumbsup:

Long way to drive at this time of the year. I quite fancy it myself.

See Cougars playing at your place pre season bit of an odd game.

LancashireHibby
19-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Long way to drive at this time of the year. I quite fancy it myself.

See Cougars playing at your place pre season bit of an odd game.
Won't be driving, I'll be going on the train if I can keep my common sense at bay.