PDA

View Full Version : Tonev Appeal

greenginger
16-12-2014, 06:23 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/JPPNotesofReasons/AleksandarTonevOctDec2014/JP%20Tribunal%20-%20Aleksandar%20Tonev.pdf

Tonev appeal dismissed by SFA panel.

Not saying decision is right or wrong but look at para 11.

Shaleum Logan was on loan from Aston Villa to Aberdeen before signing a permanent contract with the Club.

Jeezo... its Tonev who is on loan from Aston Villa , Logan went to Aberdeen from Manchester City.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-12-2014, 06:27 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/JPPNotesofReasons/AleksandarTonevOctDec2014/JP%20Tribunal%20-%20Aleksandar%20Tonev.pdf

Tonev appeal dismissed by SFA panel.

Not saying decision is right or wrong but look at para 11.

Shaleum Logan was on loan from Aston Villa to Aberdeen before signing a permanent contract with the Club.

Jeezo... its Tonev who is on loan from Aston Villa , Logan went to Aberdeen from Manchester City.

Logan was at Brentford iirc.

Jim44
16-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm disappointed but not in the least surprised that Celtic have refused to accept the findings. You can understand their initial support for the player but there comes a point when they should just step back and let the dust settle. It's becoming a case of ' the lady doth protest too much ......... '.

Scouse Hibee
16-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Outrageous that Celtic are sticking by him, couldn't imagine any club I support ever doing that.

Elephant Stone
16-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Outrageous that Celtic are sticking by him, couldn't imagine any club I support ever doing that.

Hibs? And pretty much every single Hibs fan? :hilarious

Edit: Sarcasm surely?

SaulGoodman
16-12-2014, 07:16 PM

Not been following the story but if one of our players was Racist I wouldn't stick by him.

Speedy
16-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Not been following the story but if one of our players was Racist I wouldn't stick by him.

Skacel...:singing:?

portycabbage
16-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Seems to be the correct verdict to me, but I thought the language used to contrast the evidence given by Logan and Tonev was strangely un-contrasting!

"... the Englishman "impressed them by the careful and measured manner in which he gave his evidence"..."

while Tonev "...gave his evidence in a guarded and hesitant manner..."

If only Tonev had been careful rather than guarded, or measured instead of hesitant!:wink:

Sir David Gray
16-12-2014, 10:02 PM

I think Scouse's tongue is firmly placed inside his cheek.

As a Liverpool fan, there was a slightly high profile case involving Luis Suarez a wee while ago. :wink:

AndyM_1875
16-12-2014, 10:26 PM
What is odd and frankly disturbing is the blind denial from Celtic fans on social media that anyone associated with their club could in fact be a bit of a bawbag, far less a racist bawbag at that. It's all conspiracy theories and They immediately seem to jump into full victim mode and quite frankly it's absolutely pathetic.

Scouse Hibee
16-12-2014, 10:39 PM
I think Scouse's tongue is firmly placed inside his cheek.

As a Liverpool fan, there was a slightly high profile case involving Luis Suarez a wee while ago. :wink:

:wink:

greenginger
16-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Considering a few weeks ago the Tribunal saw video evidence of Boyd pushing his head into a Hibs players face , and, on the charge of attempting to push his head into an opposition player's face ,

The appeal tribunal found the charge not proven. :confused:

Elephant Stone
16-12-2014, 10:43 PM
:wink:

Ha, my apologies!

Crazyhorse
17-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Is it just me or are the media - from Sky to local filth - doing their upmost to present Tonev as some sort of victim who is trying his best to overcome a trauma i.e. being found guilty of being a racist.

HappyAsHellas
18-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Is calling a black person black racist? If not, where does the racist angle come from, because being called a c***, although somewhat derogatory, is certainly not racist, or am I missing something here:confused:

lapsedhibee
18-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Is calling a black person black racist? If not, where does the racist angle come from, because being called a c***, although somewhat derogatory, is certainly not racist, or am I missing something here:confused:

Yes - you're missing the concept of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, you wannabe Greek b*****d.

Beefster
18-12-2014, 08:59 AM

Context is what you are missing, I suspect.

HappyAsHellas
18-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes - you're missing the concept of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, you wannabe Greek b*****d.

:greengrin

Colr
18-12-2014, 09:20 PM

When you put the two together it communicates that he is a **** because he is black. As in Jambo ****.

Kato
18-12-2014, 09:47 PM
What is odd and frankly disturbing is the blind denial from Celtic fans on social media that anyone associated with their club could in fact be a bit of a bawbag, far less a racist bawbag at that. It's all conspiracy theories and They immediately seem to jump into full victim mode and quite frankly it's absolutely pathetic.

I don't find it odd and stopped finding their ability to play the victim at every turn disturbing ages ago. That's just how they are.

Crazyhorse
18-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I don't find it odd and stopped finding their ability to play the victim at every turn disturbing ages ago. That's just how they are.

A cult of obnoxious self loathing buffoons will always remain a cult of self loathing buffoons... but when supported by the mass media they become much more pernicious and dangerous. Raising awareness of racist behaviour and (sexism, homophobia, sectarianism etc,) is always good but the forces of darkness will always despise having the light shone upon them. By the way after several decades following the team I've encountered plenty of Hibs fans whose views have disgusted me but media complicity takes it to a different level in the case of the Rantic filth.

ballengeich
19-12-2014, 12:41 AM

A few years ago I watched an interview with Rudi Gullit where he said that if he was called a black something, the word black would not offend him as he is black, but the other word would. If I was in England someone could call me all sorts of things without the law being involved, but if the word Scottish, which I would consider a compliment, was included the person could be charged with racist behaviour.

In this particular case, if Tonev had homed in on his opponent's club's reputation and called Logan a sheep-sha**ing c*** no action would have been taken. To me, a comment alleging bestiality would be far more offensive than an objective physical description.

lapsedhibee
19-12-2014, 03:39 AM
In this particular case, if Tonev had homed in on his opponent's club's reputation and called Logan a sheep-sha**ing c*** no action would have been taken. To me, a comment alleging bestiality would be far more offensive than an objective physical description.

Discriminating against peeps on grounds of race or sexual orientation is an offence, so similar action should be taken.

Keith_M
19-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Discriminating against peeps on grounds of race or sexual orientation is an offence, so similar action should be taken.

:faf: