PDA

View Full Version : Forster on the way back

greenpaper55
16-12-2014, 12:24 PM
As it says http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jordon-forster-to-make-hibs-return-with-under-20s-1-3635471

kaimendhibs
16-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
16-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Good to hear, best young prospect at ER just now.

--------
16-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Good. We've missed him.

We've missed McGeouch, too, so it's good he's back in training as well.

Onceinawhile
16-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Good. We've missed him.

We've missed McGeouch, too, so it's good he's back in training as well.

Have we?

He wouldn't get in at right back ahead of Gray, or Centre back ahead of Fontaine/Hanlon.

andrew70
16-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Have we?

He wouldn't get in at right back ahead of Gray, or Centre back ahead of Fontaine/Hanlon.

Sorry but that's harsh. Forster is a great centre half with even greater potential. As said above one of the best young players at the club. When fit I think Stubbs will revert to a 3-5-2 formation in any case.

greenlex
16-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Have we?

Yes we have. Our best football has been played when we played all three at the back with Stevenson and Gray playing more advanced. Either Handling or Craig should be "sacrificed" to do this again.

PeterboroHibee
16-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Sorry but that's harsh. Forster is a great centre half with even greater potential. As said above one of the best young players at the club. When fit I think Stubbs will revert to a 3-5-2 formation in any case.

Whats harsh about it? He definitely wouldnt get in ahead of Gray, and I dont think hes a 'great' centre back (if we are playing a pair, hes probably behind Hanlon and Fontaine at the moment). I dont mean that in a negative way as hes looked decent so far and has potential, but theres still a lot of work to do on his game.

brog
16-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Have we?

Paul Hanlon is playing out of position (& doing well) on the right hand side of 2 centre backs. We're better either with Forster on the right hand side or with all 3 centrebacks playing. Jordan also provides us with an aerial threat & if he'd been fit this weekend he could easily slot in if DG is unavailable. Will be great to have him back.

Brightside
16-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Have we?

we'd have been back playing 352. with much more attacking threat from Gray and Stevenson

Onceinawhile
16-12-2014, 02:08 PM

It's not meant to be harsh, because it's not a judgement on Forster's ability, just noting that he would be behind those three at the moment, which is imo fair.

I'm also not convinced going to three at the back would improve us as it would mean craig or handling dropping out (or both when dylan returns) but most people will probably see that as a good thing.

--------
16-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Have we?

Opinions. I think we have.

I'd play three centre-backs - Forster, Fontaine, and Hanlon, with Gray and Stevenson wide.

And the game isn't about the 11 on the field, it's about the squad available to the manager. Losing Forster and McGeouch has caused problems, and we need them back. We need El Alagui back as well. A bigger squad means a stronger team, a stronger bench, and more options for Alan Stubbs.

andrew70
16-12-2014, 02:38 PM
It's not meant to be harsh, because it's not a judgement on Forster's ability, just noting that he would be behind those three at the moment, which is imo fair.

I'm also not convinced going to three at the back would improve us as it would mean craig or handling dropping out (or both when dylan returns) but most people will probably see that as a good thing.

Fair enough mate, think Forster, when fit, will start every week. Not only will he add balance he's also an extremely competent individual who deserves to start.

We've played better using a 352 this season lMO.

I'd also replace Craig with McGeouch personally although that's not a slight on Craig as he's started to play better but DM is a much better player.

silverhibee
16-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Fair enough mate, think Forster, when fit, will start every week. Not only will he add balance he's also an extremely competent individual who deserves to start.

We've played better using a 352 this season lMO.

I'd also replace Craig with McGeouch personally although that's not a slight on Craig as he's started to play better but DM is a much better player.

Totally agree, don't think folk realise how much potential this lad has, he can go on to big things in football.

andrew70
16-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Totally agree, don't think folk realise how much potential this lad has, he can go on to big things in football.

Without a doubt. We done well to get him to come to Hibs in the first place. A lad with his feet firmly on the ground and a good, self disciplined attitude towards his professional career.

snooky
16-12-2014, 11:40 PM

What I like about him is that he's a threat going forward. That's the type of player that there's been a shortage of for some time now.

TowerHibs
16-12-2014, 11:51 PM
I think Forster has a lot to learn positionally. He was at fault for a hell of a lot of goals last year due to wandering and inexperience.

Agree we have played decent with 3 at the back. In my view, no real loss losing handling and letting gray and Stevenson go further up the park.DH hardly touches the ball anyway.

AlbertK86
17-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Forster should be back in when match fit.
3 at back with Hanlon sweeping

Hanlon far better when he doesn't have the physical battle.

We looked far more secure and balanced at back earlier in season when Forster and Fontaine attacked the ball and Hanlon was the safety net behind

JimBHibees
17-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Good to see Jordan and Dylan back training though get the impression the big holiday games will be a little too soon for both which is a shame.

--------
17-12-2014, 10:45 AM

Absolutely. We need to get him on a contract that'll allow us to get a fee for him when the offers arrive.

But I really hope that won't happen for a good wee while yet.

Billy Whizz
17-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Good to see Jordan and Dylan back training though get the impression the big holiday games will be a little too soon for both which is a shame.

Think Forster is playing for the under 20's tomorrow

JimBHibees
17-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Think Forster is playing for the under 20's tomorrow

Good hope he can get up to speed soon and take some part in our games coming up.

silverhibee
17-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Absolutely. We need to get him on a contract that'll allow us to get a fee for him when the offers arrive.

But I really hope that won't happen for a good wee while yet.

We have him signed up until 2016, if on his comeback he returns to good form and i have no doubts he will then if i was Miss Dempster i would be encouraging him to extend his contract by another two years, he has all the attributes to go down and play in England and the scouts will soon be driving up here in there numbers to have a look at this lad, it would be nothing for a English club to take a punt on him as he has potential and other clubs will see this and may sneak in with a cheeky bid for him in the summer.

Hibs need to start building a team up, loan deals and 1 year contracts should be a thing of the past for us, start getting players on 3-4 year contracts and let Stubbs mould a team together that will hopefully want to stay at ER and do well for the club.

Right now we are on course for another summer of upheaval with players leaving after there loans and one year contracts are up plus there will be players out of contract, some we might keep others will move on, time to start building a team and handing out long term contracts to players who want to come and play at ER.

Brightside
17-12-2014, 12:44 PM
We have him signed up until 2016, if on his comeback he returns to good form and i have no doubts he will then if i was Miss Dempster i would be encouraging him to extend his contract by another two years, he has all the attributes to go down and play in England and the scouts will soon be driving up here in there numbers to have a look at this lad, it would be nothing for a English club to take a punt on him as he has potential and other clubs will see this and may sneak in with a cheeky bid for him in the summer.

Hibs need to start building a team up, loan deals and 1 year contracts should be a thing of the past for us, start getting players on 3-4 year contracts and let Stubbs mould a team together that will hopefully want to stay at ER and do well for the club.

Right now we are on course for another summer of upheaval with players leaving after there loans and one year contracts are up plus there will be players out of contract, some we might keep others will move on, time to start building a team and handing out long term contracts to players who want to come and play at ER.

4 year deals for all the young talent... ;-)

WeeRussell
17-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Opinions. I think we have.

I'd play three centre-backs - Forster, Fontaine, and Hanlon, with Gray and Stevenson wide.

And the game isn't about the 11 on the field, it's about the squad available to the manager. Losing Forster and McGeouch has caused problems, and we need them back. We need El Alagui back as well. A bigger squad means a stronger team, a stronger bench, and more options for Alan Stubbs.

Unfortunately I think we will be waiting a little while longer for this :no way:

TheFamous1875
17-12-2014, 12:50 PM
I think Jordon's got all the attribues to make it down in England. He's strong, not slow, good with the ball at his feet and is very good in the air. With a few years of experience under his belt in a good team at Hibs, I could definitely see him going on to become a star player for us and being touted for a million-pound move down to the EPL somewhere. He also seems to have the right attitude and temperament to succed at a high level, which is the key.

Our club's motif has to be in developing players and selling them on in the correct manner. 2007's mass exedous was the wrong way to do it - if you're going to sell on your best players (fair enough in this day and age), don't do it all at once/never repace them! It's 2014 now and we've only just replaced Whittaker.

As long as we have the squad managed properly, we should see players developing correctly. Develop players, sell them on, and keep up the standards set by the club.

andrew70
17-12-2014, 12:55 PM
4 year deals for all the young talent... ;-)

:aok::top marksIn all seriousness though Danny, Jordon even Stanton, Boozy and the younger guys like Tom Gardiner, Lewis Allan and Scott Martin are going to be the lifeblood and the future for this club so it's time we all started supporting them even when misplaced passes etc happen. They are all talented footballers and with the correct coaching/nurturing we will all be reaping the benefits of their talents.

Smartie
17-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Forster is class and I think he has what it takes to make it.

As has been pointed out, he is prone to the odd mistake and was to blame for more goals conceded than any other defender last season. It wasn't at his end of the park that our main problems lay last season though and he was probably our most potent threat for the 2nd half of last season even though he plays at centre-half.

I think his lapses in concentration and minor gaffs will reduce with time and experience and he will develop into a top-notch player. And I think he remains a major threat going forward - he attacks the ball brilliantly in the opposition box and must be a nightmare to defend against. I could even see him being a makeshift forward - if we had wide players getting to the bye-line and getting crosses in (as Kennedy occasionally does) he is the player I would most like (other than Farid) to be getting on the end of them. there's no way you could ever expect to score goals from these situation when it's Heff or Cummings in there.

s.a.m
18-12-2014, 07:39 AM
jordon forster‏@jordonforster6 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/jordonforster6/status/545448549056790528) How's your luck....... https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f44e.png

:dunno: Posted early this morning.

brog
18-12-2014, 08:08 AM

jordon forster‏@jordonforster6 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/jordonforster6/status/545448549056790528) How's your luck....... https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f44e.png

:dunno: Posted early this morning.

Saw that, suspect he won't be playing today. Hopefully only a minor setback. I'm firmly in the Jordon Forster future star camp.

scoopyboy
18-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Saw that, suspect he won't be playing today. Hopefully only a minor setback. I'm firmly in the Jordon Forster future star camp.

I saw it as well followed by a wee thumbs down.

Hopefully a wee stomach bug or something, hopefully not another injury.

DTS
18-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Well he isn't in the u20's squad today

--------
18-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Unfortunately I think we will be waiting a little while longer for this :no way:

Guess so. A great pity - he'd make a huge difference to the team.

BTW - I notice that BBC Scotland has Forster down on the 'Hibernian' page as a midfielder. Don't they care about accuracy, or are they just thick

woodyhfc4892
19-12-2014, 12:48 PM
According to the hibs Twitter, he had his appendix removed yesterday so seems he won't be back anytime soon..

brog
19-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Poor lad! Still, an appendix op is much easier nowadays but unfortunately will interfere with his rehab work. Maybe target next round of the Cup! good luck Jordon!

HibbyKeith
19-12-2014, 05:46 PM
A quick recap after watching Stubbs on his latest HTV Interview, "Stubbs Injury Update"

Forster was ill on Tuesday and rushed into hospital. He's had keyhole surgery to remove his Appendix, he's feeling rough and a bit sore.

Usually 3-4 weeks recovery from Appendix removal but with it being keyhole surgery they are hoping that it reduces the recovery time, but will need to wait and see how Forster responds to treatment after working with the physio's.

McGeouch on the other hand is getting on great, and they are stepping up his rehab every day. as long as there is no adverse reaction they will continue to push him. no projected return but Stubbs feels confident in playing him against Hearts or Rangers providing he's fit. They wont rush him back though, they're aware that he's here for the remainder of the season so wont do anything silly to jeopardize his future availability.

David Gray is touch and go for the weekend, but Stubbs is hopeful that he will be ok, the injury has improved and is responding to the treatment that he's been given over the last couple of days.