PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hertz would'nae sign a cheat, - would they?

hibbymac
16-12-2014, 08:57 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pallardo-named-in-alleged-match-fixing-case-1-3635414

Bostonhibby
16-12-2014, 08:59 AM
All big teams do it.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Wonder what will happen if found guilty.

The Gorf
16-12-2014, 04:04 PM
The big hoose I would imagine.

givescotlandfreedom
16-12-2014, 04:12 PM
This is at the tasteful end of recent crimes.

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Sounds to me as if everybody involved in the match has been listed as a suspect, as a blanket, protective, measure. Doesn't look as if charges have been brought.

That said, other than nobbling the keeper, how does one fix a match without every member of the team being part of it?

Sylar
16-12-2014, 04:13 PM
The big hoose I would imagine.

What, Ibrox? Sounds about right :greengrin

Kato
16-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Sounds to me as if everybody involved in the match has been listed as a suspect, as a blanket, protective, measure. Doesn't look as if charges have been brought.

That said, other than nobbling the keeper, how does one fix a match without every member of the team being part of it?

During the (alleged) match fixing scandal which enveloped Don Revie it was said if three opposition players were "knobbled" (bribed) it could guarantee a result.

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2014, 04:19 PM
During the (alleged) match fixing scandal which enveloped Don Revie it was said if three opposition players were "knobbled" (bribed) it could guarantee a result.

That might have worked in the 60's. It would be more difficult these days with 360degree TV scrutiny, and a more cynical society.

Kato
16-12-2014, 04:24 PM
That might have worked in the 60's. It would be more difficult these days with 360degree TV scrutiny, and a more cynical society.

Why? Could TV prove the odd mis-kick here or there or a shirked tackle was deliberate? I doubt it.

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Why? Could TV prove the odd mis-kick here or there or a shirked tackle was deliberate? I doubt it.

Hmm... I'm more thinking about the crucial aspects of a game. The striker, who's in on it... put clean through on goal by the unsuspecting right back.... and sclaffs it straight at the keeper.

5 times. :greengrin

The keeper who thinks the ball is going wide, and stands back.... as the ball trickles in. Oh, wait, Simon Brown...... :cb

Kato
16-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Hmm... I'm more thinking about the crucial aspects of a game. The striker, who's in on it... put clean through on goal by the unsuspecting right back.... and sclaffs it straight at the keeper.

The keeper who thinks the ball is going wide, and stands back.... as the ball trickles in. Oh, wait, Simon Brown...... :cb

However horrendous the miss we've all seen those things happen without any skullduggery.

(sadly :confused:)

Bostonhibby
16-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Nah, straight as a die - he was naturally that bad. Some have to work at it.

emerald green
16-12-2014, 06:40 PM
The player in question may / may not have done anything wrong.

However, his current club was run by cheats for years. Of that, there is no doubt whatsoever.

hibbysam
16-12-2014, 08:03 PM

That Simon Brown moment has turned into one of those great hibs moments as without his woeful misjudgement, which at the time I could have killed him for, that night wouldn't have turned out how it did :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
16-12-2014, 08:04 PM

Gets a three year contract at ibrox

Swedish hibee
16-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Gets a three year contract at ibrox

:faf:

LaMotta
17-12-2014, 09:22 AM

Remember Zibby!?

Geo_1875
17-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Remember Zibby!?

Every club in Scotland must have chipped in to bribe him.

17-12-2014, 02:56 PM
cheats attract cheats