PDA

View Full Version : players you'd like to see us sign in Jan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Except Griff of course! I'd like us to try and go for that Andreu boy from Hamilton. Quite fond of Carmichael from QoS and young Chris Johnston from Killie too.

GGTTH07
14-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Reilly and Carmichael from QoS.

SteveHFC
14-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Deek and Sparky :hyper:

Mikey09
14-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Except Griff of course! I'd like us to try and go for that Andreu boy from Hamilton. Quite fond of Carmichael from QoS and young Chris Johnston from Killie too.

Beat me to it mate.... Danny Carmichael for me. Bags of ability, hard worker, good crosser and I think has a lot more to give. Steven Lawless from Partick Thistle as well. On his day a wonderful wee player. Was watching the football league show last night, cause that's how I roll on a sat night, and I have no idea of the lads name but he was playing on the left wing for Swindon Town. Looks a player!! Anyone help...

Thecat23
15-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Ronaldo!!!

Wait is it players we can afford? If so my mate big Davy who plays Sunday league, get him for a fiver!!

SteveHFC
15-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Romano Denneboom

Heisenberg
15-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Reilly at QOTS seems like a very good goalscorer although he'd probably cost us a fee which would rule that out. Their left back also looks a good player.

Edit; Just checked and the queens website has both players out of contract in June, would like to see us make a move in January if that's the case.

Hermit Crab
15-12-2014, 12:08 AM

I dont think theres much chance of us luring premier league players into the championship for probably 2 seasons.

SteveHFC
15-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Reilly at QOTS seems like a very good goalscorer although he'd probably cost us a fee which would rule that out. Their left back also looks a good player.

Is apparently signing for Hearts in January.

Haymaker
15-12-2014, 12:11 AM
To Madeira please. :agree:

SteveHFC
15-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Mark Kerr. :agree:

SteveHFC
15-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Tonton Zola Moukoko

Mikey09
15-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Aaron Dorran on loan fi ICT. No getting much game time the now. Great player.

Thecat23
15-12-2014, 12:21 AM

Edit; Just checked and the queens website has both players out of contract in June, would like to see us make a move in January if that's the case.

Not a bad shout this.

R11Loaded
15-12-2014, 01:00 AM
I would like us to sign a couple of players

Who doesn't matter to me Aslong as we have scoured them and know their strengths. A keeper Is a must as Oxley has had a couple howlers...

I'd like to know how long Mcgeouch will be out for too!

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

InterviewLoI
15-12-2014, 02:00 AM
Oxley and McGeough re-signed, preferrably the latter on a full transfer. Another gk with any experience. A right back as cover for Gray and perhaps another Striker on loan with Sinclair probably goinback to Southampton. Maybe someone who suits our system better than Kennedy as well.
If McGeough goes back to Celtic or is going to be injured for a while, Richie Towell is still out of contract at the moment, but may want a move farther South. If not then Danny Ventre is also available. Great no-nonsense midfielder, but possibly a bit old for a move to Scotland now.
Other than those lads I reckon we could be looking at the usual journeymen, or loan signings!

WeeRussell
15-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Oxley and McGeough re-signed, preferrably the latter on a full transfer. Another gk with any experience. A right back as cover for Gray and perhaps another Striker on loan with Sinclair probably goinback to Southampton. Maybe someone who suits our system better than Kennedy as well.
If McGeough goes back to Celtic or is going to be injured for a while, Richie Towell is still out of contract at the moment, but may want a move farther South. If not then Danny Ventre is also available. Great no-nonsense midfielder, but possibly a bit old for a move to Scotland now.
Other than those lads I reckon we could be looking at the usual journeymen, or loan signings!

Genuine question: when did he start playing Midfield? and what sort of Midfielder is he?

Swear he was RB in his short-spell at us but wikipedia does state 'Midfielder' :confused:

I guess if he can play both (if you thought unlike me that he was the answer) then it kills another bird with the same stone :greengrin

scoopyboy
15-12-2014, 01:09 PM

McGeouch is a full season loan.

Brightside
15-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I dont think theres much chance of us luring premier league players into the championship for probably 2 seasons.

HAHA. i reckon about 85% of your posts must be digs against your own team.

stoneyburn hibs
15-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Genuine question: when did he start playing Midfield? and what sort of Midfielder is he?

Swear he was RB in his short-spell at us but wikipedia does state 'Midfielder' :confused:

I guess if he can play both (if you thought unlike me that he was the answer) then it kills another bird with the same stone :greengrin

I'm sure he played a number of games for us in midfield.

Would like to see Scott Allen sign an extended deal.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 01:42 PM
McGeouch is a full season loan.

I'd love us to keep him either on loan or permanent.

Don' think there is much chance of him getting a game at Celtic but that's just guess work.

easty
15-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I would like us to sign a couple of players

Who doesn't matter to me Aslong as we have scoured them and know their strengths. A keeper Is a must as Oxley has had a couple howlers...

I'd like to know how long Mcgeouch will be out for too!

That sounds like witchdoctor stuff that. Scouring someone to find out their strengths. :wink:

R11Loaded
15-12-2014, 01:57 PM
That sounds like witchdoctor stuff that. Scouring someone to find out their strengths. :wink:

Scouted*[emoji24][emoji24]

Hermit Crab
15-12-2014, 02:02 PM
HAHA. i reckon about 85% of your posts must be digs against your own team.

Realistically who's going to come and sign for hibs from the spl then?

stantonhibby
15-12-2014, 02:06 PM

Farid did.

PeterboroHibee
15-12-2014, 02:07 PM
I dont really have any names, but Id like to see us bring in another RB, a GK if Oxley leaves and another striker, with a few of the current strikers leaving the club.

easty
15-12-2014, 02:07 PM

Realistically, I think most players would, as long as we pay them more money than they'll get in the SPL. Which for most SPL teams we should be able to.

TheFamous1875
15-12-2014, 02:36 PM
For this window: A fast striker - in a similar vein as LG or Billy McKay, a winger or two, a holding midfielder and right-back/right hand-sided centre-back.

Players who exhibit a bit of bottle and experience that compliments the team and take us up a level. We're missing a lot of fight in the squad - that extra willingness to win that could be the difference between us not conceding freak goals against Hearts in the last moments of a derby, or losing a last minute goal to Falkirk last week. That extra bit of determination that would've seen us through difficult moments, or another striker, with that extra bit of quality like LG, who, had he been on the pitch Saturday instead of Cummings (he's still young), would've ensured us a 5 or 6-0 victory. Just that wee bit extra is needed for this window for us to really start blowing away the opposition. We've got a good squad, but to get up there we need to have a very good squad.

Next summer we should see our squad grow into the size that Dempster intended: a back up player for every position and a youth player behind him. That's where we needed to get to. In order to achieve success you need to have a fully-built squad for injuries, suspensions, rotation, etc. I can't remember us ever having that.

Drumlanrig
15-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Richie Towell .... Nurse... Nurse !:confused:

My_Wife_Camille
15-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Hamit Altintop
Charlie Mulgrew
Luke Chadwick
Burton O'Brien
Hidetoshi Nakata
Jason De Vos

Hibiza
15-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Joe Cardle. Ross county, very decent , consistent. :flag:

Smartie
15-12-2014, 06:27 PM
I quite like the idea of bringing Towell back.

I didn't see anything of him during his loan spells with us. But I always respect players who drop a level, screw the nut and come back stronger (Steven Dobbie, Paul Hartley).

He's (by all accounts) a different player now - an attacking central midfielder, a position I think we could do with and has done well in Ireland. And he could slot in at RB as cover for Gray without the whole team going skew-whiff like it does when Lewis goes over there (even though I thought he made a decent fist of it on Saturday).

InterviewLoI
15-12-2014, 06:34 PM
I quite like the idea of bringing Towell back.

I didn't see anything of him during his loan spells with us. But I always respect players who drop a level, screw the nut and come back stronger (Steven Dobbie, Paul Hartley).

He's (by all accounts) a different player now - an attacking central midfielder, a position I think we could do with and has done well in Ireland. And he could slot in at RB as cover for Gray without the whole team going skew-whiff like it does when Lewis goes over there (even though I thought he made a decent fist of it on Saturday).

Richie is in no way shape or form a Right back. He is however a centre mid who has been called up for the Republic of Ireland senior international team during a competitive international week (he wasn't named in any squads, but still experienced!

Smartie
15-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Richie is in no way shape or form a Right back. He is however a centre mid who has been called up for the Republic of Ireland senior international team during a competitive international week (he wasn't named in any squads, but still experienced!

Fair enough but the memory that most of us on here will have had of Towell will have been playing right-back for us on loan during 2 spells. He was pretty unremarkable, not great but not awful. He wouldn't be a first choice there by any stretch of the imagination but it would be good if on occasions (like Saturday past) we had someone who could cover there.

Keep the LOI info coming by the way. In spite of Mr Fenlon no longer being here I could see it being a handy source of players for us over the years. Several Irish players have come over to do well in Scottish football and I'd like to see us actively acour Irish football for talent.

weonlywon6-2
15-12-2014, 08:57 PM

Griffiths😊

TheFamous1875
15-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Keep the LOI info coming by the way. In spite of Mr Fenlon no longer being here I could see it being a handy source of players for us over the years. Several Irish players have come over to do well in Scottish football and I'd like to see us actively acour Irish football for talent.

If this new era under Dempster is to operate at the level possible/required for a club such as ours, we should be one of the first in Scotland to discover hidden gems in Ireland, lower leagues down South/up here, etc.

Theres undoubtably talent everywhere (Andy Robertson, Seamus Coleman to name two), and with our resources we should be able to acquire it and enable them to live up to their potential.

The two boys at Stranraer could be utter finds by us, and we should always be in for these types of players. If Dundee Utd can do it, then we should be able to do it even more successfully.

keep the faith
15-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Joe Cardle. Ross county, very decent , consistent. :flag:

Bearing in mind we can't fit Kennedy or Sinclair into this team I would suggest we won't be after wingers!

TheFamous1875
15-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Bearing in mind we can't fit Kennedy or Sinclair into this team I would suggest we won't be after wingers!

That's a fair point, but it always good to have options in the squad. If you come up against opposition that struggles against width then you stick a winger on! Personally, I think our best players necessitate our diamond formation as they're all performed significantly better than the wider players in the team. Our best XI includes Robertson, Craig, McGeouch and Allan so it only makes sense to play in the diamond to get the best out of them and it also gives Cummings and Malonga each other to play off of (El Alagui will take Cummings place when he returns).

portycabbage
15-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Romano Denneboom

James Debbah, Berry Powel, and Rod Fanni.

:greengrin

Swedish hibee
15-12-2014, 09:50 PM
I'd like to see a big strong striker like an "upcoming" Wilfred Bony

HibsNutter
16-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Chris Kane, scoring goals for fun in a poor Dumbarton side, he's a hibee too.

HappyAsHellas
16-12-2014, 10:12 AM
This transfer window will be unique in a few ways as the players we have brought in so far have all bought into Stubbs/LD's vision as to how they want the club to progress. Given that this is obviously to be back in the top division, but will probably only be attainable through the play offs, it could be a hard sell. Some good championship players are out there and would join quite enthusiastically I think, but would they be good enough for the premier league? I don't want to see players who are good at this level coming in, I'd much rather we got more of what we did in the summer, as in Gray, Allan, Al Agui etc. Time will tell, but if we get another one or two with that sort of quality that'll do for me.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Chris Kane, scoring goals for fun in a poor Dumbarton side, he's a hibee too.

I thnk he's on loan from St Johnstone.

bingo70
16-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Sun journalist tweeting that American boy Jack Mcbean is on trial. Was rumoured on here last week.

JimBHibees
16-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Sun journalist tweeting that American boy Jack Mcbean is on trial. Was rumoured on here last week.

I think he tweeted last week he was also training with Charlton so obviously doing the rounds at the moment.

J-C
18-12-2014, 11:31 AM

Think Stubbs likes wingbacks, that's why Booth will be here till the summer at least, this being the case then we need cover for Gray incase he gets a bad one and is out for a while, Lewis is a stop gap but not an answer. I'd like to see a holding mid to cover Robertson and another proven striker as Cummmings is very hit or miss and blinkered in his playing ( never sees a pass ). Oh and another keeper if Oxley goes, even if he stays we need cover and experience there.

J-C
18-12-2014, 11:35 AM
That's a fair point, but it always good to have options in the squad. If you come up against opposition that struggles against width then you stick a winger on! Personally, I think our best players necessitate our diamond formation as they're all performed significantly better than the wider players in the team. Our best XI includes Robertson, Craig, McGeouch and Allan so it only makes sense to play in the diamond to get the best out of them and it also gives Cummings and Malonga each other to play off of (El Alagui will take Cummings place when he returns).

All these players can also play in a 4-2-3-1 system with Craig.........Malonga..........Mcgeouch as the attacking mids behind Alagui with Roberton and Allan behind as the holder and playmaker, Malonga linking with Alagui allowing Allan to push further forward.

R11Loaded
18-12-2014, 11:51 AM

He's distantly related to my boss apparently, would be a good team for him to move too as his distant family are living close

erin go bragh
19-12-2014, 11:16 PM

Didnt put off Sauzee or Latapy .

Ggtth

Ronniekirk
20-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Didnt put off Sauzee or Latapy .

Ggtth

We were paying them around five grand a week and McLiesh was given resources to keep brining in players to get us back up in one season .You can't compare the era with just now We are in a completely different place as a Club and Financially at least until Sir Tom negotiates successfully with the bank we aren't in a great position to be able to buy our way out as I think if we were Stubbs has shown he has an eye for a player

Brightside
20-12-2014, 08:43 AM

There is always room for good wingers. I'd suggest that both players havent lived up to what Alan was hoping for.

Earl of Currie
20-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Always thought Stephen Pearson could do a job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510598

Allegedly looking for a Scottish club.

SunshineOnLeith
20-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Lionel Messi, Willy Caballero, Angel Di Maria and Thomas Muller, for starters.

franck sauzee
20-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Always thought Stephen Pearson could do a job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510598

Allegedly looking for a Scottish club.

Scored the winner the other day to get his team into the final. Good goal as well