PDA

View Full Version : Motd

lapsedhibee
13-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Mourinho complaining about other English clubs having divers in their teams. Hypocrite of the highest order. Even coaching his defenders to do it now. ****.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Mourinho complaining about other English clubs having divers in their teams. Hypocrite of the highest order. Even coaching his defenders to do it now. ****.

He needs to so some more work on it - that was 3 dreadful attempts.

Thief
13-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Willan's was an obvious dive and a deserved booking, but thought Costa and Cahill had jumped/dived to avoid contact, especially Cahill, who was about to become the meat in the sandwich!!
I've dived umpteen times to avoid getting clattered, with no intention of cheating anyone.

lapsedhibee
13-12-2014, 10:08 PM
He needs to do some more work on it
:agree: Shirley Drogba could give a couple masterclasses in training?

Hibbyradge
14-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Amongst professionals, sadly, diving is an accepted part of the game.

These days you hardly ever see a player ride a tackle and press forward. In fact, on the rare occasions it happens in the box, people (and not just commentators) say things like "he should have gone down". Such a shame.

I remember being in a bar in Magaluf or somewhere 35 years or so ago, and there was an action picture of Bobby Lennox on the wall. It was taken down the wing past the old "jungle".

An opposition player had lunged in with a slide tackle, but Lennox had jumped over him. He and the ball were in the air and Lennox's eyes were searching, looking forward at his options to pass etc. He was paying no attention to the opponent, or indeed the ball which appeared "tied to his feet".

There was simply no question of him "going down" to get the player booked or simply to gain a free kick.

Although he was a Celtic player, it was a great photo. I've tried to find it several times since then, usually to back up a point about diving, but I've never found it.

Football would be better if diving was stopped, by players, managers and referees. It won't be though.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 09:16 AM
I think there'd be less diving if refs gave fouls when a player stays on his feet. The way things are there's no foul given if you stay up so it encourages players to go down.

Same goes for jersey pulling in the box - give penalties for it consistently and it'll stop.

Diclonius
14-12-2014, 11:33 AM
I think there'd be less diving if refs gave fouls when a player stays on his feet. The way things are there's no foul given if you stay up so it encourages players to go down.

Same goes for jersey pulling in the box - give penalties for it consistently and it'll stop.

Wish that had happened 8 years ago, we would have got about 5 penalties in the post-League Cup win derby against them. Zaliukas shirt pulled almost every time we had a chance in the box, nothing was ever given and he stayed on and scored the winner.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Why is this not on the football forum?