PDA

View Full Version : Booth

Nomeancity
13-12-2014, 09:33 PM
I thought he done pretty well when he came on. Energetic and willing to go forward - seemed to up the pace a bit of the whole team. And he went in for a couple of tasty tackles. And was part of a nice couple of moves.

HH81
13-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Booth is one that needs to be shipped out in Jan if poss and free up a wage.

Nomeancity
13-12-2014, 10:01 PM

So you don't agree then

hibbytam
13-12-2014, 10:01 PM

I disagree. At the very least, he's decent backup for injuries in a very thin squad. I can't see him being on that much, and I don't think we could replace him with much better for the same wages.
He did well when he came on.

Twiglet
13-12-2014, 10:17 PM
I think he does well going forward, but makes me a bit nervous when going back. He still lets players get past him. I think he'd work best in the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation we can play when we have Foster back, it'll allow him to get forward more confidently.

greenlex
13-12-2014, 10:18 PM
His best game for us was at Centre Back in Livingston. He really is a conundrum.

monarch
13-12-2014, 10:19 PM
O
Jeez that didn't take long to turn a positive thread into a negative one.
Between this and the thread on booing because we professionally protected a 2 goal lead I sometimes think that some supporters got the team they deserved under Calderwood and Butcher.

Presumably only a matter of time before some goofball starts another thread criticising Handling again after last week's multi page effort. Also I await criticism of Oxley's scoring record seeing as he hasn't scored since the first game of the season.

Our neighbours in west Edinburgh have scraped through on a few dodgy performances this season but their supporters still hail them as world beaters. Maybe some of our supporters could follow suit.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 10:22 PM
I like Booth but sadly I don't see him getting a new contract. No manager can seem to make their mind up on his position, but for me he can play left midfield and be a real threat going forward. Good in the air, good feet and a good engine on him I think he has lots to offer if given a chance.

HH81
13-12-2014, 10:26 PM
O
Jeez that didn't take long to turn a positive thread into a negative one.
Between this and the thread on booing because we professionally protected a 2 goal lead I sometimes think that some supporters got the team they deserved under Calderwood and Butcher.

Presumably only a matter of time before some goofball starts another thread criticising Handling again after last week's multi page effort. Also I await criticism of Oxley's scoring record seeing as he hasn't scored since the first game of the season.

Our neighbours in west Edinburgh have scraped through on a few dodgy performances this season but their supporters still hail them as world beaters. Maybe some of our supporters could follow suit.

Stop been a drama queen, if you think Booth is good enough to get us back up your living in a dream world.

Football is a harsh world and players need to move on if you want better ones. Booth has not been a reg in any Hibs team for years and he can't get in a championship team. There is quite a few more that need shipping too so get the tissues ready.

whiskyhibby
13-12-2014, 10:33 PM
I thought Booth did fine today after he came on, passed the ball well, looked to get forward and never troubled in a defensive sense ( although Alloa were never likely to do that)......

West hamBERNIAN
13-12-2014, 10:38 PM
I like Booth but sadly I don't see him getting a new contract. No manager can seem to make their mind up on his position, but for me he can play left midfield and be a real threat going forward. Good in the air, good feet and a good engine on him I think he has lots to offer if given a chance.
On top of that his best game for some was at centre back vs Livingstone. Management's dream.

monarch
13-12-2014, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=HH81;4248291]Stop been a drama queen, if you think Booth is good enough to get us back up your living in a dream world.

Football is a harsh world and players need to move on if you want better ones. Booth has not been a reg in any Hibs team for years and he can't get in a championship team. There is quite a few more that need shipping too so get the tissues ready.[/QUOTE

Oh dear dahling I'm not been (?) a drama queen. I'm a merely a supporter (look up the definition).

marinello59
13-12-2014, 10:50 PM

That is his best position for me and if he is to finally establish himself in the team this season it should be there.

snooky
13-12-2014, 11:37 PM
I thought he played well when he came on.
In a game at ER a few months ago (can't remember which one) he and Kennedy ran riot down the left side.
IMO, Booth's an intelligent player & deserves a run in the first team to give him a chance to settle in & show what he can do.
I'm told that last season he was well liked at Raith Rovers and played regularly.

Mibbes Aye
13-12-2014, 11:45 PM

That is his best position for me and if he is to finally establish himself in the team this season it should be there.

I think I saw his debut for the full team, certainly saw him playing at age group and have always been interested in how he is progressing. I would agree with DaveF and M59, if he has a future with us it means showing he can do something left midfield. His problem is that he's realistically only got until the end of the season to show that and there's every chance the management team have made up their minds already.

If I had to put my house on it, it sadly feels like another Damon Gray - absolutely outstanding player all the way through to first team but just doesn't make it. I genuinely and sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.

truehibernian
14-12-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't think he (Booth) will be with Hibs after January - no info, just my opinion - I know Stubbs is looking at left back for a signing next window (according to two ex Hibs players now coaches).

I like CB as a player but don't think he is a left back - for me he has always been a stylish midfield player who would benefit from an energetic left back if played at left midfield. I don't think he is either physically strong enough to be a good defender, nor pacy enough.

There is absolutely no doubting his technical ability however - he is a player who may lack pace but his technique finds him a few yards against an opponent.

jacomo
14-12-2014, 12:59 AM

Maybe it is, but he's hardly played in midfield. There's very little to go on, really.

andrew70
14-12-2014, 02:35 AM
I don't think he (Booth) will be with Hibs after January - no info, just my opinion - I know Stubbs is looking at left back for a signing next window (according to two ex Hibs players now coaches).

I like CB as a player but don't think he is a left back - for me he has always been a stylish midfield player who would benefit from an energetic left back if played at left midfield. I don't think he is either physically strong enough to be a good defender, nor pacy enough.

There is absolutely no doubting his technical ability however - he is a player who may lack pace but his technique finds him a few yards against an opponent.

A left back that is managed/coached by two ex Hibees by any chance?

HH81
14-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Stop been a drama queen, if you think Booth is good enough to get us back up your living in a dream world.

Football is a harsh world and players need to move on if you want better ones. Booth has not been a reg in any Hibs team for years and he can't get in a championship team. There is quite a few more that need shipping too so get the tissues ready.

Oh dear dahling I'm not been (?) a drama queen. I'm a merely a supporter (look up the definition).

There is no doubting your a supporter, however, some people just can't let go of some players who are just not good enough long term. If your going to let Stubbs build a team he is going to have to get rid of some players and I think one of them will be Booth. Nothing against the lad but its just football. I could name a few others too but we can leave that for another day.

scoopyboy
14-12-2014, 08:17 AM
There is no doubting your a supporter, however, some people just can't let go of some players who are just not good enough long term. If your going to let Stubbs build a team he is going to have to get rid of some players and I think one of them will be Booth. Nothing against the lad but its just football. I could name a few others too but we can leave that for another day.

I desperately want Boothy to do well for Hibs but must admit I think he is on the way out.

I am probably the same as others in that we saw him play in an outstanding double winning under 19 team and burst into the first team, we all want to see our young laddies come through and Callum was no exception.

I would love to be wrong but I think he is not going to get another contract.

Billy Whizz
14-12-2014, 08:41 AM
A left back that is managed/coached by two ex Hibees by any chance?

Do you think we can get him?

Aldo
14-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Do you think we can get him? Who is this LB BIlly??

Edit:- a player currently in the league we are in??

Billy Whizz
14-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Who is this LB BIlly??

Edit:- a player currently in the league we are in??

I presume he means Shinnie at Inverness, managed by the 2 ex Hibees, Hughes and Latapy. Can't see him wanting to drop a division

Aldo
14-12-2014, 09:09 AM
I presume he means Shinnie at Inverness, managed by the 2 ex Hibees, Hughes and Latapy. Can't see him wanting to drop a division

He's the only one I thought about but wasn't sure. Think if he goes anywhere it'll be Aberdeen! As you say if we don't go up will he want to drop a division??

Billy Whizz
14-12-2014, 09:20 AM
He's the only one I thought about but wasn't sure. Think if he goes anywhere it'll be Aberdeen! As you say if we don't go up will he want to drop a division??

Heard we were interested in Barry Douglas, ex Dundee Utd, but I thought he was a right back.

GreenOnions
14-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Are we talking Dumbarton here - Murray and Beuzelin?

Aldo
14-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Heard we were interested in Barry Douglas, ex Dundee Utd, but I thought he was a right back.

Nope he's a left back BW. Good player IIRC.

Aldo
14-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Are we talking Dumbarton here - Murray and Beuzelin?

See the above threads. Think we are on about Shinnie at ICT

GreenOnions
14-12-2014, 10:10 AM
See the above threads. Think we are on about Shinnie at ICT

Oh - I didn't think anyone on this thread had confirmed that it was him

Billy Whizz
14-12-2014, 10:18 AM

Maybe when Andrew70 wakes up, he may update us😄

Aldo
14-12-2014, 10:21 AM

Not confirmed but not sure how good the Dumbarton LB is but a quality player managed by 2 ex Hibees. Doesn't leave a lot to the imagination.

We will wait and see if anyone can confirm it!

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-12-2014, 10:48 AM
No matter what we think, Booth himself has to prove to the manager that he is worth a long term stay at Easter Road. I know he came on the scene quite early and seems to have been around for ages, but there are still a lot of questions to be answered.

Smartie
14-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Booth did well when he came on.

He's not had many opportunities this season but he has never let us down when he's been given a chance. Ok, sometimes he's a bit suspect defensively but he's very good going forward. I wasn't at the Livingston game but I heard he was excellent at CB.

His biggest problem is that he has to compete for a place in the team with Lewis Stevenson and he's arguably our most consistent performer. It will be interesting to see what happens regarding a new contract for Stevenson because if he were to leave then Booth would maybe get a decent opportunity. Booth was given a pretty lengthy (and possibly lucrative) contract a few years ago. Maybe Stubbs doesn't consider this great value for a second-choice left-back who may get limited opportunities?

scoopyboy
14-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Booth did well when he came on.

He's not had many opportunities this season but he has never let us down when he's been given a chance. Ok, sometimes he's a bit suspect defensively but he's very good going forward. I wasn't at the Livingston game but I heard he was excellent at CB.

His biggest problem is that he has to compete for a place in the team with Lewis Stevenson and he's arguably our most consistent performer. It will be interesting to see what happens regarding a new contract for Stevenson because if he were to leave then Booth would maybe get a decent opportunity. Booth was given a pretty lengthy (and possibly lucrative) contract a few years ago. Maybe Stubbs doesn't consider this great value for a second-choice left-back who may get limited opportunities?

He never put a foot wrong against Livingston but they were so poor that wasn't a great achievement.