PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone who booed as we kept possession to see out game explain why?

Carheenlea
13-12-2014, 08:41 PM
I`ve heard some nonsense over the many years I`ve been watching Hibs at Easter Road, but the booing, by an admittedly very small band of fans, as we kept a hold of the ball and saw out the closing stage of game in comfort was certainly a new one.

Would love to hear from anyone who was booing explain their ire at that?

Glory Lurker
13-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Aye. I was totally baffled by that, too. :crazy:

DaveF
13-12-2014, 08:48 PM
There was some booing in the West Upper while the training game triangles were being played out and while it wasn't me (I was too cold and bored to waste the energy required to boo) I can absolutely understand why.

Frustration. Pure and simple frustration at a pretty terrible game with not much goal mouth action.

Don't think it was anything more sinister than some fans wanting the ball played up front in the hope of a goal.

CallumLaidlaw
13-12-2014, 08:51 PM
I didn't think today was as bad as I've read on several places. We dominated the game, could've won by an extra 2/3 if Cummings had taken his chances.
We haven't won at home in nearly 3 months so I have absolutely no issue with them just playing the game out. A daft goal lost may have led to panicking again so it was good to protect the clean sheet

Carheenlea
13-12-2014, 08:56 PM
There was some booing in the West Upper while the training game triangles were being played out and while it wasn't me (I was too cold and bored to waste the energy required to boo) I can absolutely understand why.

Frustration. Pure and simple frustration at a pretty terrible game with not much goal mouth action.

Don't think it was anything more sinister than some fans wanting the ball played up front in the hope of a goal.

It wasn`t a game of thrills`n`spills alright, but with such a poor home record I was happy to see out a comfortable 2-0 win in the professional manner we did at the end. The booing was out of line IMO.
Looking at the stats, one thing that maybe summed up the game today was the foul count - just 5 apiece!

DaveF
13-12-2014, 08:57 PM
I didn't think today was as bad as I've read on several places. We dominated the game, could've won by an extra 2/3 if Cummings had taken his chances.
We haven't won at home in nearly 3 months so I have absolutely no issue with them just playing the game out. A daft goal lost may have led to panicking again so it was good to protect the clean sheet

Agree with that and it was the frustration with these missed chances that IMO, led to the small bout of booing as we played it out.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2014, 08:58 PM
I think it was because it was Liam Craig. If Allan or Robertson had done it this thread wouldn't exist.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 08:59 PM
It wasn`t a game of thrills`n`spills alright, but with such a poor home record I was happy to see out a comfortable 2-0 win in the professional manner we did at the end. The booing was out of line IMO.
Looking at the stats, one thing that maybe summed up the game today was the foul count - just 5 apiece!

This is being blown well out of proportion BTW. Even the 6 Alloa fans in the back row could be heard loud and clear as the stadium was so quiet today, so it would take no more than 3 times that to come across as loud.

Mr White
13-12-2014, 08:59 PM
First time we've won by more than a single goal at easter road in 2014 in all competitions I think. I'm glad we closed the game out. Yes it would have been better to have stuck a few more goals in but for building confidence and keeping a clean sheet the keeping of possession at the end was a good thing for me. Can't understand people booing today, frustrated or not.

basehibby
13-12-2014, 09:00 PM
The sort of idiots who boo the team when we're actually winning should realise that they are actively damaging the club by creating the sort of negative miserable atmosphere that discourages people from going to the football - absolute fuds- please GTF

Capt Mainwaring
13-12-2014, 09:07 PM
We've complained previously that the team were unable to box out the result . Now we have Erses that boo as we retain possession in the last 5 10 minutes to see out the game and get the 3 points!!!

FFS this is part of the reason why the team play better away from Easter Road where the supporters are more intent in supporting the team not getting on their backs with negativity.

If you were one of the few who booed - have a think about what purpose your are serving!

hibsfan
13-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Have to admit I booed once - regretted it a little as the result is what's improtant. However - I was just incredibly frustrated at the lack of ability I'm show from the majority of Hibs players today. The standard was simply not good enough. Some of the errors being made are errors I wouldn't accept from my son's Sunday team - embarrassing yet again.

scotiaf
13-12-2014, 09:16 PM
I can't understand why any 1 would boo if keeping the ball, for some reason in all levels of football if it gets to 2-1 the whole mentality changes with both sets of players.

We we have been leading at half time at Easter road a few times this season and thrown it away.

its all about getting 3points at the moment every week.

snooky
13-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Although I didn't boo I wisny very happy.
Having enjoyed riding the waves with Ned's Tornados, it really saddens me to see what folk will accept as entertainment these days.
Call me an old codger but, well, you did ask.

Nomeancity
13-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Aye. I was totally baffled by that, too. :crazy:

Me too.

Remember how far we have fallen - we are not Barcelona.

And if you noticed not long after the boos we punted the ball up the park and lost it.

If we are winning 2-0 with 5 mins to go I am more than happy to pass the ball across the back. If they've not got the ball(i i done care at this point that it is only Alloa) they can't score. If you are looking for the Tornadoes then those days have long gone.

Remember Hamilton the dying seconds.

bigstu
13-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I didnt boo but i was absolutely bored out of my mind today! Entertainment isn't something that our team has learnt to serve up yet

PatHead
13-12-2014, 09:53 PM
If we had done that against Hearts at the end we would have beaten them. Instead we tried to get another goal and ended up losing one and 2 points. Good we are closing out games

DaveF
13-12-2014, 09:57 PM
If we had done that against Hearts at the end we would have beaten them. Instead we tried to get another goal and ended up losing one and 2 points. Good we are closing out games

No we didn't.

We just sat back and let them play out from the keeper without pressing them at all!

matty_f
13-12-2014, 10:00 PM
I thought the boos (even if it is blown out of proportion) were a disgrace. Symptomatic of our home form over the last few years that booing anything and everything has become the default position for some folk.

Totally agree with Danderhall's point about Craig, and Pathead's point about closing out the game.

At 2-0 with a couple of minutes left the game is won unless we do something stupid. We didn't, and so we made sure of the win. That's good play, IMHO.

PatHead
13-12-2014, 10:04 PM
No we didn't.

We just sat back and let them play out from the keeper without pressing them at all!

If we had just taken it into the corners or passed it around the back and killed the game, their goalie would never had got the ball to give it to their centre half who would never have got the chance to shoot.

So yes we did :-)

Mikeystewart
13-12-2014, 10:05 PM
No we didn't.

I felt at times today this was a problem, for me i was happy with the possession game we played, what i wasn't happy with was the lack of urgency to close them down in their own half.

The one time we truly closed them down in their half we created a chance that resulted in Handling's goal. These guys aren't a Guardiola back 4 who can ping it about on there own 18 yard line.

I felt more pressing would have resulted in more mistakes by them and subsequently more chances for us. There attack seemed virtually non existent i didn't see the risk in pushing up.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 10:11 PM
If we had just taken it into the corners or passed it around the back and killed the game, their goalie would never had got the ball to give it to their centre half who would never have got the chance to shoot.

So yes we did :-)

Sorry, but you can't even begin to compare today with the Hearts game. That was high intensity and had the opposition chasing for everything and not giving us time (even with ten men) while today was the polar opposite.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 10:13 PM
I thought the boos (even if it is blown out of proportion) were a disgrace. Symptomatic of our home form over the last few years that booing anything and everything has become the default position for some folk.

Totally agree with Danderhall's point about Craig, and Pathead's point about closing out the game.

At 2-0 with a couple of minutes left the game is won unless we do something stupid. We didn't, and so we made sure of the win. That's good play, IMHO.

You could also argue that rubbish performances and hardly any wins has become symptomatic and the default position too. Chicken and Egg kind of situation.

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2014, 10:17 PM
It was a tiny number who booed, and running the clock down at home to Alloa frustrated them. Soon forgotten.

Hibs90
13-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Some people are miserable, take a 2-0 win at Easter Road everytime against any opposition.

Mikey09
13-12-2014, 10:24 PM
I think it was because it was Liam Craig. If Allan or Robertson had done it this thread wouldn't exist.

Absolutely spot on pal!!! The players and management must have went away home today scratching there heads. Some fans need to have a word with themselves. I can't stand booing your team at anytime but when we're 2-0 up closing the game out having struggled to win at home this season?? **** me. And sorry.... Frustration doesn't cut it. There's a **** load of things in life that frustrate me but I Dinnae throw the toys out the pram and boo every time something frustrates me. Absolute bull****. I'm sure the manager and players would have loved to have played Barcelona esq football but you know what?? We ain't that good. Team did well to win on a cold, wintry day, at home where we've struggled recently. But hey.... They've paid there money so can shout what they like or boo all they want... :rolleyes:

PatHead
13-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Sorry, but you can't even begin to compare today with the Hearts game. That was high intensity and had the opposition chasing for everything and not giving us time (even with ten men) while today was the polar opposite.

I am just commenting on the closing out of the game which we did today.

In the dying minutes against Hearts a forward who tried to cross the ball. If he had taken it into the corner and killed it we would have won. How often did we see Hearts do that to us infact, even as recently as the last Tynecastle derby they took it into the corner and we had a player sent off in injury time.

If we can do this against the likes of Alloa we stand a better chance of doing it in other games. Not pretty but at times necessary.

Shame the first 86 minutes was so bad but it was a home win and 3 points.

SaulGoodman
13-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Have to admit I booed once - regretted it a little as the result is what's improtant. However - I was just incredibly frustrated at the lack of ability I'm show from the majority of Hibs players today. The standard was simply not good enough. Some of the errors being made are errors I wouldn't accept from my son's Sunday team - embarrassing yet again.

I know I'm so embarrassed to be a Hibs fan tonight.

Nevermind 5-1 or 7-0 against Malmo, or even getting relegated by Hamilton at Easter road after having a 2 goal cushion.

Beating Alloa 2-0 is by far my lowest point as a Hibs fan. I don't know if I'll ever be back.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Nevermind 5-1 or 7-0 against Malmo, or even getting relegated by Hamilton at Easter road after having a 2 goal cushion.

Beating Alloa 2-0 is by far my lowest point as a Hibs fan. I don't know if I'll ever be back.

You're nuts - you were delighted last week after we lost and now on a downer cos we won.

matty_f
13-12-2014, 10:43 PM
You could also argue that rubbish performances and hardly any wins has become symptomatic and the default position too. Chicken and Egg kind of situation.

:agree:

Mikey09
13-12-2014, 10:47 PM
You're nuts - you were delighted last week after we lost and now on a downer cos we won.

Think he's being sarcastic DH.... :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Think he's being sarcastic DH.... :wink:

Don't tell anyone but I knew that and was trying to wind him up. :wink:

SaulGoodman
13-12-2014, 10:49 PM

You've been winding me up for two weeks straight and I can never tell when you're being serious :greengrin

wookie70
13-12-2014, 10:50 PM
The game had little spectacle for the first 88 minutes. The only way it could have burst into life is if we had been unprofessional and lost a goal due to not closing the game out as we did. I doubt many of the boo boys were cheering when we played it quite open and never kept simple possesion against Hamilton last year. Anyone booing really needs to take a look at themselves as they haven't got a clue.

MSK
13-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Have to admit I booed once - regretted it a little as the result is what's improtant. However - I was just incredibly frustrated at the lack of ability I'm show from the majority of Hibs players today. The standard was simply not good enough. Some of the errors being made are errors I wouldn't accept from my son's Sunday team - embarrassing yet again.Errors ...its football you were watching ..errors happen, even the worlds best players make errors !!

eastterrace
i was with a alloa fan at the match and he asked why are they booing and i said seven years of frustration coming out. seen it so many times .

Danderhall Hibs
You've been winding me up for two weeks straight and I can never tell when you're being serious :greengrin

:hilarious

Rarely. :greengrin

whiskyhibby
13-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Absolutely spot on pal!!! The players and management must have went away home today scratching there heads. Some fans need to have a word with themselves. I can't stand booing your team at anytime but when we're 2-0 up closing the game out having struggled to win at home this season?? **** me. And sorry.... Frustration doesn't cut it. There's a **** load of things in life that frustrate me but I Dinnae throw the toys out the pram and boo every time something frustrates me. Absolute bull****. I'm sure the manager and players would have loved to have played Barcelona esq football but you know what?? We ain't that good. Team did well to win on a cold, wintry day, at home where we've struggled recently. But hey.... They've paid there money so can shout what they like or boo all they want... :rolleyes:

Completely agree, those who booed need to get a grip and to be honest perhaps Football and Hibs (specifically) is not their thing and they should just piss off and not come back...

Mikey09
13-12-2014, 11:01 PM

Ah well **** you two!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :greengrin

Blaster
13-12-2014, 11:17 PM
i was with a alloa fan at the match and he asked why are they booing and i said seven years of frustration coming out. seen it so many times .

My 7 year old asked why our fans were booing. We are winning he said. Some people don't think the fans are part of the problem of our home form. Today proved why we partly are

Was today great to watch. Far from it. But my team won. Good enough for me today!

snooky
13-12-2014, 11:24 PM
The game had little spectacle for the first 88 minutes. The only way it could have burst into life is if we had been unprofessional and lost a goal due to not closing the game out as we did. I doubt many of the boo boys were cheering when we played it quite open and never kept simple possesion against Hamilton last year. Anyone booing really needs to take a look at themselves as they haven't got a clue.

Phew, thank goodness. I thought it was just me that thought that. :worried:

Allan45
13-12-2014, 11:28 PM
If you are going to effing boo, don't turn up...it will have a negative impact to the weak minded individuals in the team.
i hate booing any members of Hibernian FC....
never will, but I'll have a good winge in the pub.
get right behind the team, come on guys...

SmashinGlass
13-12-2014, 11:30 PM

Can't imagine any of the kids in your sons team like you on the sidelines if that's the case. Completely disrespectful to the kids

Allan45
13-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Completely agree, those who booed need to get a grip and to be honest perhaps Football and Hibs (specifically) is not their thing and they should just piss off and not come back...
Sorry, if you were booing today, **** off,,we need to get behind the team...
we have a part to play as well...

Mibbes Aye
13-12-2014, 11:53 PM

What do you do when they make errors?

I'm almost afraid to ask but I think we should know........

To reiterate happyhibbie's point, football is basically a game of errors.

The team who wins capitalises on the errors made by the other. And everyone makes errors. The best teams simply minimise them.

hibbytam
13-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Maybe they were booing the fact we were winning, and so they had nothing to moan about, and that made them unhappy.

Seriously, anyone booing a victory really needs to consider why they bother going to games.

silverhibee
13-12-2014, 11:56 PM

That's his plan :paranoid:

silverhibee
14-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Terrible stuff.

c31
14-12-2014, 12:05 AM
The biggest issue for me is we're crap, struggling in division one to beat the likes of Alloa and not beating others with what is a premier league side. There better be big investment in the standard of players if we want to even get close to getting promoted.

Mibbes Aye
14-12-2014, 12:05 AM
More generally and more in response to the OP, my experience of watching us is we are pretty **** at appreciating patient football.

I spent several seasons watching Miller teams and while he wasn't a Guardiola, it would be unfair to describe him as route one. Nevertheless, standing in the East the resentment was clear if the ball got knocked about in the back-third for a more than a few passes.

It hasn't changed since. I couldn't begin to count how many games I've been at over the last three decades when we have possession, move it up and bring it back and there's disgruntlement in the stand. It's like we don't appreciate the art of keeping the ball.

Yet folk cream themselves about the way Barcelona or Spain played over the last few years - we won't match that but we can aspire to do it to the level necessary for success in Scotland :confused:

Mikey09
14-12-2014, 12:12 AM
More generally and more in response to the OP, my experience of watching us is we are pretty **** at appreciating patient football.

I spent several seasons watching Miller teams and while he wasn't a Guardiola, it would be unfair to describe him as route one. Nevertheless, standing in the East the resentment was clear if the ball got knocked about in the back-third for a more than a few passes.

It hasn't changed since. I couldn't begin to count how many games I've been at over the last three decades when we have possession, move it up and bring it back and there's disgruntlement in the stand. It's like we don't appreciate the art of keeping the ball.

Yet folk cream themselves about the way Barcelona or Spain played over the last few years - we won't match that but we can aspire to do it to the level necessary for success in Scotland :confused:

Best post on this thread.... Sums it up perfectly. See I can agree with you.... :greengrin

jgl07
14-12-2014, 12:14 AM

Cheerio!

SaulGoodman
14-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Cheerio!

Um.. Where am I going?? :paranoid:

marti1875
14-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Um.. Where am I going?? :paranoid:

:greengrin Looks like possibly he's had one of those "whoosh" moments...and a good one at that! :thumbsup::greengrin

Mibbes Aye
14-12-2014, 12:46 AM
Best post on this thread.... Sums it up perfectly. See I can agree with you.... :greengrin

:greengrin

:aok:

jacomo
14-12-2014, 12:54 AM
The sort of idiots who boo the team when we're actually winning should realise that they are actively damaging the club by creating the sort of negative miserable atmosphere that discourages people from going to the football - absolute fuds- please GTF

:agree:

jacomo
14-12-2014, 12:55 AM

Fair play for owning up. Dumb behaviour.

kenja
14-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Heard the booing in the Upper West too... Completely typical these days. Was actually expecting to hear booing at the full time whistle. That is how bad it has got. The atmosphere was ***** today. The 5 Alloa fans that bothered to turn up made more noise than us for most of the match. So many of our fans don't ever seem to be happy, even when we are winning. These 'fans' always seem to find their voice when the team make a mistake, but can never muster up enough courage to cheer. If you find it difficult to express positive emotion, then at least direct your negativity towards the opposition or the ref. Wasn't the most entertaining game today, but we won FFS.

I know there are a lot of older fans out there who can remember the 70s or even as far back as the famous five, but if you are expecting quality like that at Easter Road these days then you have to wake up to the state of the Scottish game and where the club is right now. I sincerely believe that Stubbs is making a difference. We have a decent enough side to get into the play-offs. We have already beaten Rangers this season, and pretty much bossed QotS at home despite not coming away with the three points. We can bounce straight back up to the premiership with a little belief, on the part of the players and fans. Stop being miserable ****s and get behind the team... Please! :D

hibbiedon
14-12-2014, 07:15 AM
I can only assume that the booing was to help and encourage Alloa as their players would obviously hear it and this would help lift their spirits, they would also realise that certain elements in the crowd target the Hibs captain this encourages them to pressurise him in the hope he will become more stressed and make mistakes. I think that the stewards should eject these infiltators from areas that are for home supporters only

marinello59
14-12-2014, 07:25 AM
If we we're going to boo the team who set out to suck any entertainment from the game then it certainly shouldn't have been our own.

Beefster
14-12-2014, 07:51 AM

Trolling is illegal so you've been reported accordingly.

I've also reported "adult using smilie faces" but apparently that's acceptable in today's society. I got the same result when I tried to get my CEO sacked for it too.

bingo70
14-12-2014, 08:03 AM

I've also reported "adult using smilie faces" but apparently that's acceptable in today's society. I got the same result when I tried to get my CEO sacked for it too.

Grass

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2014, 08:25 AM
I was in the area where the booing came from. It started before the last five minutes, with a couple of nut jobs. It was all aimed at Craig.

I have never heard a Hibs player being booed for completing a pass to his own player before. The whole business was a bit bizarre and says more about the sad cases that did it rather than Hibs as a support.

Every group of supporters has an element of bitter angry men. They just made a fool of themselves IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 08:46 AM

Cheers - I've just reported you for being a grass.

In my defence I wasn't trolling - just having a laugh. Is that the same thing? (Can't think of a suitable smilie)

O'Rourke3
14-12-2014, 08:56 AM
I was a bit shocked but put it down to someone waking up and assuming we should have been pressing for a winner rather than checking we were winning comfortably for the first time this year. I can understand the frustration and the time we've had to deal with poor results but booing your own team only helps the other team. That's why I think it was quiet. Some booers have realised that not getting on the players back immediately might be better than letting them know exactly what you think.

lucky
14-12-2014, 09:13 AM
The atmosphere at ER is not good and as fans we need to show a bit more understanding of the game, no team keeps going forward in the last 5 minutes when they are two up. We retained the ball and passed it well for most of the game. It was ponderous at times but Alloa never came to win or entertain. So whilst the booing was embarrassing the fact our crowds have dropped to the 8000 mark is more worrying

Hibbyradge
14-12-2014, 09:14 AM
I can only assume that the booing was to help and encourage Alloa as their players would obviously hear it and this would help lift their spirits, they would also realise that certain elements in the crowd target the Hibs captain this encourages them to pressurise him in the hope he will become more stressed and make mistakes. I think that the stewards should eject these infiltators from areas that are for home supporters only

Many a true word spoken in jest.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Cheers - I've just reported you for being a grass.

In my defence I wasn't trolling - just having a laugh. Is that the same thing? (Can't think of a suitable smilie)

:confused:

You're welcome.

Tricla
14-12-2014, 09:33 AM

Aye, winning is a nightmare. :rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
14-12-2014, 09:44 AM
If only we had kept the ball for the last few minutes against Hamilton at ER we would not even be here.

matty_f
14-12-2014, 09:52 AM
I was in the area where the booing came from. It started before the last five minutes, with a couple of nut jobs. It was all aimed at Craig.

I have never heard a Hibs player being booed for completing a pass to his own player before. The whole business was a bit bizarre and says more about the sad cases that did it rather than Hibs as a support.

Every group of supporters has an element of bitter angry men. They just made a fool of themselves IMO.

I'd just moved my season ticket seats to the West Upper and was close to the boo-ers, at least there were some folk shouting them down.

Heisenberg
14-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I'd much rather we were still lumping it into the corners instead of all this passing the ball rubbish. Booing the team for winning with ease and knocking the ball about in the last five minutes is ridiculous behaviour.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 10:03 AM
:confused:

You're welcome.

Nah that's overused

matty_f
14-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Nah that's overused

I think you'll find it's ''confused".

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 10:11 AM
I think you'll find it's ''confused".

:tee hee: how were the prawn sandwiches?

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd just moved my season ticket seats to the West Upper and was close to the boo-ers, at least there were some folk shouting them down.

I was relieved that the majority of people I spoke to agreed their behaviour was strange.

whiskyhibby
14-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Sorry, if you were booing today, **** off,,we need to get behind the team...
we have a part to play as well...

Well said!

Bobby's Cinema
14-12-2014, 10:54 AM
The booing was out of order considering its a game we are 2up in and finished. But I did find our approach hard to accept at 1-0.

This is a team we're playing that doesn't want to go forward, that doesn't want to score a goal, that is standing ten yards off us. And it didn't look like we really wanted a second. And that's been our problem all year which is why we've had so many draws.

I didn't see any real difference in our approach. That's a disappointment IMO

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-12-2014, 11:09 AM
My 7 year old asked why our fans were booing. We are winning he said. Some people don't think the fans are part of the problem of our home form. Today proved why we partly are

Was today great to watch. Far from it. But my team won. Good enough for me today!

Well said.

snooky
14-12-2014, 11:11 AM
The booing was out of order considering its a game we are 2up in and finished. But I did find our approach hard to accept at 1-0.

This is a team we're playing that doesn't want to go forward, that doesn't want to score a goal, that is standing ten yards off us. And it didn't look like we really wanted a second. And that's been our problem all year which is why we've had so many draws.

I didn't see any real difference in our approach. That's a disappointment IMO

This was my big problem with yesterday. The total lack of urgency. It was like watching a friendly kick-about on a Sunday afternoon.
The report says "we were patient". You can be patient but still put in some sort of effort that would inject excitement into the play (oh how I miss the likes of young Ivan).

Okay we won - wonderful. I accept some games will be ugly, but I'd like to see us at least try & play 'the beautiful game' once in a while.

:tin hat::tin hat::tin hat::tin hat::tin hat:

H18S NX
14-12-2014, 11:15 AM
I`ve heard some nonsense over the many years I`ve been watching Hibs at Easter Road, but the booing, by an admittedly very small band of fans, as we kept a hold of the ball and saw out the closing stage of game in comfort was certainly a new one.

Would love to hear from anyone who was booing explain their ire at that?.......Absolutely agree,totally out of order,guys in the west upper booing when the teams 2-0 up,get a life ffs.

matty_f
14-12-2014, 11:19 AM
:tee hee: how were the prawn sandwiches?

:hilarious: the view is fantastic. Much better viewpoint than the old seats.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2014, 11:34 AM
This was my big problem with yesterday. The total lack of urgency. It was like watching a friendly kick-about on a Sunday afternoon.
The report says "we were patient". You can be patient but still put in some sort of effort that would inject excitement into the play (oh how I miss the likes of young Ivan).

Okay we won - wonderful. I accept some games will be ugly, but I'd like to see us at least try & play 'the beautiful game' once in a while.

You have to walk before you can run. I was pretty bored yesterday, but at the same time glad to see that the players are at least trying to play to as system, and are starting to show professionalism.

Leithenhibby
14-12-2014, 11:34 AM
I'd much rather we were still lumping it into the corners instead of all this passing the ball rubbish. Booing the team for winning with ease and knocking the ball about in the last five minutes is ridiculous behaviour.

How fickle fans can be. :wink:

Perhaps those that booed would rather be known as a "Jockstrap" :greengrin

sup•port•er (səˈpɔr tər, -ˈpoʊr-)

n.
1. a person or thing that supports.
2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.
3. a jockstrap.
4. a garter.
5. either of two human or animal figures flanking and supporting an escutcheon.

matty_f
14-12-2014, 11:38 AM

I thought it was a very controlled performance. I'd like to see us blitz teams from the first whistle and get an early goal which would then open up the game for the rest of the match, but failing that I have no problems with us keeping the ball and taking a patient approach.

It might not be the most exciting, but in terms of managing the game yesterday that approach meant we were in complete control for practically the full 90 mins. We never looked like conceding, and looked like we could step up a gear if need be.

Danderhall Hibs
14-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I thought it was a very controlled performance. I'd like to see us blitz teams from the first whistle and get an early goal which would then open up the game for the rest of the match, but failing that I have no problems with us keeping the ball and taking a patient approach.

It might not be the most exciting, but in terms of managing the game yesterday that approach meant we were in complete control for practically the full 90 mins. We never looked like conceding, and looked like we could step up a gear if need be.

On the couple of occasions when the ball was moved quickly we opened them up easily. We could and should've done that and we'd have won even more comfortably but more importantly we'd have created a bit of excitement.

RoYO!
14-12-2014, 11:47 AM

Well said!

It was eye bleed stuff for long spells and looked like we were playing to hold out for most of the second half. Again, some will say rightly so.

However, accross the city a team, with quality arguably not in advance of Hibs, are playing with no fear and fully expecting to go out and pump teams like Alloa. Low and behold this belief/ cockyness/ self-assuredness has got them the results we can only dream of right now.

The psychological scars are still there for all to see- that is the most worrying thing for me right now with our club. A sort of emotional fragility. The boo-ers wont help for sure, but instead of Booing as a result of being 'angry men' i just see it as guys that are just desperate to see our team really assert themselves and go for the jugular, for once.

Malthibby
14-12-2014, 11:59 AM

That explains why I didn't see you and your dad...
I cannot be ersed with the 'fans' who say they are entitled to boo and the support (ie. lack of it) shouldn't affect the players. It's basic psychology and the teams with good home supports (sadly that includes them)
help the team on the pitch. We don't. We have a negative effect on the players and other teams take advantage of that.
We have years of frustration but booing makes things worse.
It's completely counter-productive, which is why I just don't get it.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Well said!

It was eye bleed stuff for long spells and looked like we were playing to hold out for most of the second half. Again, some will say rightly so.

However, accross the city a team, with quality arguably not in advance of Hibs, are playing with no fear and fully expecting to go out and pump teams like Alloa. Low and behold this belief/ cockyness/ self-assuredness has got them the results we can only dream of right now.

The psychological scars are still there for all to see- that is the most worrying thing for me right now with our club. A sort of emotional fragility. The boo-ers wont help for sure, but instead of Booing as a result of being 'angry men' i just see it as guys that are just desperate to see our team really assert themselves and go for the jugular, for once.

However I think you are being too charitable to those who booed. I was next to them and it was aimed at one player, who didn't seem to be doing much wrong.

IMO these were bitter, vindictive men, who don't care about the club or team. The players are trying their best to correct what went wrong in the past.

It's time people moved on instead of trying to undermine their own players. Who would risk trying something cocky or audacious when there are people who boo them even when they are doing the right thing?

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 12:08 PM

I had some gonad behind me going mental at this. Scoreboard said 90 on the clock and he was apoplectic that we weren't getting it forward.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2014, 12:21 PM
That explains why I didn't see you and your dad...
I cannot be ersed with the 'fans' who say they are entitled to boo and the support (ie. lack of it) shouldn't affect the players. It's basic psychology and the teams with good home supports (sadly that includes them)
help the team on the pitch. We don't. We have a negative effect on the players and other teams take advantage of that.
We have years of frustration but booing makes things worse.
It's completely counter-productive, which is why I just don't get it.

The fans are blameless, dontcha know? :wink:

I remember one time being in the West Stand when a player misplaced a pass which was intended to open up an opportunity for a forward.

The person to the left of me shouted "Hard lines, (player's name), great idea, keep going son".

A "supporter" to my right, at the same time shouted "F*** off (player's name), get off the park. You are flukking sheite, ya useless bas***d".

I know which of those 2 responses is most likely to help Hibs and which one helps our opponents.

Iain G
14-12-2014, 12:22 PM
I had some gonad behind me going mental at this. Scoreboard said 90 on the clock and he was apoplectic that we weren't getting it forward.

Who would have been screaming blue murder at Craig or whoever if we had got it forward, given it away and Alloa scored no doubt!

Professional way to close out the game today, well done to the team and coaching staff today for that :agree:

Alfred E Newman
14-12-2014, 02:46 PM
The biggest issue for me is we're crap, struggling in division one to beat the likes of Alloa and not beating others with what is a premier league side. There better be big investment in the standard of players if we want to even get close to getting promoted.

We didn't struggle to win yesterday. It was certainly poor entertainment but it was as one sided a game as I've seen in a long time. A combination of poor finishing and stout defending kept the score at 2-0.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2014, 03:43 PM

So, if we've got a Premier League side already, why would we invest money in the team?

Sir David Gray
14-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Teams all over the world do this at the end of a game to ensure victory.

When we've not won Easter Road for three months, we have to do what's necessary to pick up the three points.

People need to realise the level that we're playing at right now and if playing the ball around the back and keeping possession for the last few minutes, when we're 2-0 up against Alloa, is going to get us the win then that's fine by me.

RoYO!
14-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Teams all over the world do this at the end of a game to ensure victory.

When we've not won Easter Road for three months, we have to do what's necessary to pick up the three points.

People need to realise the level that we're playing at right now and if playing the ball around the back and keeping possession for the last few minutes, when we're 2-0 up against Alloa, is going to get us the win then that's fine by me.

I agree with the sentiment of the post, the only point of contention is the fact that Alloa were like a lame animal, all match. They really did pose us so little threat that it would have been nice to see us go for it a bit more.

marinello59
14-12-2014, 06:15 PM
I agree with the sentiment of the post, the only point of contention is the fact that Alloa were like a lame animal, all match. They really did pose us so little threat that it would have been nice to see us go for it a bit more.

Rangers were 2-0 up against that 'lame animal'. How did their failure to pay them any respect turn out?

Stevie Reid
14-12-2014, 06:27 PM
When you read this board regularly and scan down a thread, you get to know from looking at the name of the poster whether what you're about to read will be informed and interesting, or complete and utter nonsense.

This thread has seen the latter section grow considerably.

marinello59
14-12-2014, 06:29 PM
When you read this board regularly and scan down a thread, you get to know from looking at the name of the poster whether what you're about to read will be informed and interesting, or complete and utter nonsense.

Sorry. It saves my wife from having to listen to my nonsense though.:greengrin

Stevie Reid
14-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Sorry. It saves my wife from having to listen to my nonsense though.:greengrin

:greengrin

happiehibbie
14-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Having booed in the past I was not guilty yesterday but was very disappointed in the pace that we played that would be my complaint but on another week we would have dropped points against such teams

Cabbage East
14-12-2014, 07:17 PM
The reason I think is that we are Hibs, and 2-0 up at home to Alloa we should be steamrolling them and trying to hit 5 or 6. Not being happy to close out an average performance. But times have clearly changed.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2014, 07:22 PM
The reason I think is that we are Hibs, and 2-0 up at home to Alloa we should be steamrolling them and trying to hit 5 or 6. Not being happy to close out an average performance. But times have clearly changed.

In a sense, we did steamroller them.

If Jason Cummings had taken his chances, we would have won by five or six yesterday.

Mikey09
14-12-2014, 07:23 PM
There was a manager on the radio, think it may have been Stuart McCall saying he would drum it into his players to get on top of us as quickly as possible as he knew us as Hibs fans would get on the players backs very very quickly. He said Out of all the supporters in the league we were the quickest to turn on our team which made it easier for his team to play. He says this publicly and some still do it. Incredible. I know it's not the same as yesterday's scenario but makes you think eh....

Northernhibee
14-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Against a team looking to play football we'd hit them for five or six. But they had everyone behind the ball and would hit us on the counter if we would let them. Most of the time the "support" would realise this.

But you're right, times have clearly changed.

gillythehibby
14-12-2014, 07:29 PM
The ones booing are usually the clueless arzeh0les who have never played the game. At 2-0 up, keeping the ball is paramount. thank God the boo boys don't have to watch barca then eh? I'm 46 now and honestly say I've never booed the HIbs in my life ! I've been gutted plenty times as we all have , but I'd rather keep a dignified frustration and disappointment to myself than vocally abuse players.

ancient hibee
14-12-2014, 07:35 PM
We've played them 3 times and improved the result each time (if you know what i mean)seems fair enough.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2014, 07:36 PM

When was the last time we put six past anybody?

Sir David Gray
14-12-2014, 07:37 PM
When was the last time we put six past anybody?

Dumbarton, a few weeks ago.

matty_f
14-12-2014, 07:51 PM

:top marks:

Jonnyboy
14-12-2014, 07:53 PM
I've seen Barcelona play out time to preserve a lead, even when they've totally dominated their opponents.

ancient hibee
14-12-2014, 07:57 PM
I've seen Barcelona play out time to preserve a lead, even when they've totally dominated their opponents.

Which of course avoids their top attackers picking up needless injuries.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Terrible stuff.

You would have been booing from your sick bed. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2014, 08:17 PM
How many aresholes that post on here have played a decent level of football?

Mibbes Aye
14-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Which of course avoids their top attackers picking up needless injuries.

Let alone the practice at playing a game out, which might come in handy against better opponents at a later stage.

Glory Lurker
14-12-2014, 08:20 PM

Not me!

Northernhibee
14-12-2014, 08:22 PM

I played CB for a Sunday league team who got kicked out of the league after two games. We conceded 41 goals in those games :greengrin

In my defence, it was only my fault for about twelve of those. Let down by others. :agree:

Was going to be playing for Sevco but they couldn't afford my wages so they signed Bilel Moshni as a cheap option.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Not me!

Me neither, never made it anywhere near the Spl, but surely that rules out most of us who comment on here?

bingo70
14-12-2014, 08:40 PM

I was Edina hibs u12 most improved player season 93/94.

snooky
14-12-2014, 08:41 PM

I had a kick-aboot on the Lammermuirs once - does that count? :wink:

Glory Lurker
14-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Me neither, never made it anywhere near the Spl, but surely that rules out most of us who comment on here?

In all honesty, I don't even make up for my lack of experience by having any knowledge about the game. Been watching it for 35 years and wouldn't know a tactic if it booted me in the shins. Still was clueless as to why folk booed yesterday.

Mikey
14-12-2014, 08:52 PM

Erm.... is that really necessary?

erin go bragh
14-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Dont need to have played a decent level of football to know that every last one of them booing ,when the ball was passed about with 5 mis to go , ken the square root of he haw about seeing out a 2-0 win .

Ggtth

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2014, 09:13 PM

Should I have mentioned clueless?

mca
14-12-2014, 09:37 PM
I had a kick-aboot on the Lammermuirs once - does that count? :wink:

What's that ??? :confused:

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 10:51 PM
What's that ??? :confused:

A range of hills in the borders.

Mikey09
15-12-2014, 12:37 AM

Think that post says more about you than any of the "********s" as you call them that post on here....

blackpoolhibs
15-12-2014, 07:05 AM
The ones booing are usually the clueless arzeh0les who have never played the game. At 2-0 up, keeping the ball is paramount. thank God the boo boys don't have to watch barca then eh? I'm 46 now and honestly say I've never booed the HIbs in my life ! I've been gutted plenty times as we all have , but I'd rather keep a dignified frustration and disappointment to myself than vocally abuse players.

Should I have mentioned clueless?

Think that post says more about you than any of the "********s" as you call them that post on here....

Selective posting if ever i have seen it, but i have come to expect it these days. :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
15-12-2014, 07:59 AM

I was hopeless as a laddie.

MB62
15-12-2014, 08:13 AM
I was hopeless as a laddie.

Are you any better now that you are really old? :greengrin

scoopyboy
15-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Are you any better now that you are really old? :greengrin

Can't imagine that I would be and no intention to find out:greengrin

Switched to bowls at eleven and following Hibs even more than when I was useless.

Mikey
15-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Selective posting if ever i have seen it, but i have come to expect it these days. :rolleyes:

I wasn't online 12.37am and 7.05am so didn't see the follow up. There's always the "report post" function.

Brightside
15-12-2014, 10:07 AM
If you are booing your own team you really should stay at home. SImple fact - if you feel like booing you must not like being there. Dont go. You're not needed.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 10:40 AM
If you are booing your own team you really should stay at home. SImple fact - if you feel like booing you must not like being there. Dont go. You're not needed.

Fan police.

I'll pay and I'll go. Don't require somebody on an internet forum that i can't.

I expect high standards for the team i support and as i can't have a sit down chat with players that keep ball against lesser opposition who cause us little problem, boing is the only way to show that its not acceptable.

Heisenberg
15-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan police.

I expect high standards for the team i support and as i can't have a sit down chat with players that keep ball against lesser opposition who cause us little problem, boing is the only way to show that its not acceptable.

Why is it not acceptable? The game was won and it was the last 5 minutes. Would you rather we went all out and lost a goal maybe even two?

jacomo
15-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Fan police.

Not acceptable!!

You are absolutely baffling.

Mikey
15-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Fan police.

Bearing in mind that you're on a Hibs fans website, and you're defending the booing of the team, it's likely that you'll get some resistance. That's not "fan police", that's supporting the team.

Andy74
15-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Fan police.

Disagree. It's very acceptable to keep the ball away from teams in the last few minutes when you have already won the game.

Even teams that have been sitting in will chuck a wee bit more at it in the last few minutes if they can.

I'm quite happy for them not to have that opportunity.

It's this attitude of finding fault in something regardless of how well or badly we are doing that is irritating.

When we are actually nearer where we want to be it'll be the same because we haven'tr got back to 3rd or 4th in the SPL quickly enough, or if we have it hasn't been with enough style.

This attitude really holds us back because we turn on people the first chance we get and make it even more likely that we won't ever get to be where we should be.

marti1875
15-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Fan police.

I love a good old "boing" at the game, love it so i do! :wink::na na:

Seriously though...this thread is about seeing out the last couple of minutes of a game. We aint talking about the 10th minute or anything, that's all for an entirely new thread if you wish but really? you seem to wish us to still charge up the park in added on time in a game we were winning easily by 2 goals instead of just passing the ball and keeping possession and seeing out the time...which is what most professional teams would and should do..... in my opinion anyway.
Especially with our record of gifting goals away and then making the nerves shred i just cannot understand why anyone would boo the team in added on time simply for being professional and seeing the game out for an easy 2 nil win.
There is simply no point in charging up the pitch in added on time when winning 2 nil......

I really really just do not get it at all...:confused:

Brightside
15-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Not acceptable!!

You are absolutely baffling.

Exactly and people still think that the atmosphere at home doesnt affect the players performance.

Gatecrasher
15-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan police.

Surely this is a wind up? what's not acceptable about winning 2-0 with a few minutes to go and the team retaining possession? I was very happy to see a game end like that for once.

The Baldmans Comb
15-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan police.

This has to be a wind up.:greengrin 2-0 up in injury time and coasting and this somehow isnt deemed acceptable.

Boo Hiss to you if you genuinely think this.:wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Not a wind up. I'd like to take this opportunity to say I am a fan, I have a season ticket and have done since I was 15. I wasn't jeering or booing but I was annoyed that we were not pressing more.

It wasn't the last two or three minutes, it was from about 80 minutes onwards we played keep ball.

I appreciate its good to see a game out but against an Alloa side that only looked like scoring from a corner. We were never really in danger were we? So why not push for a third? Even a fourth, fifth....

I certainly don't feel guilty for wanting my team to achieve more.

scoopyboy
15-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Fan police.

I wish the players had kept the ball in the last five minutes against Hamilton Accies at Easter Road no matter how boring it was to you or anyone else.

fiolex1
15-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I wish the players had kept the ball in the last five minutes against Hamilton Accies at Easter Road no matter how boring it was to you or anyone else.

Spot on!

emerald green
15-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Not a wind up. I'd like to take this opportunity to say I am a fan, I have a season ticket and have done since I was 15. I wasn't jeering or booing but I was annoyed that we were not pressing more.

It wasn't the last two or three minutes, it was from about 80 minutes onwards we played keep ball.

I appreciate its good to see a game out but against an Alloa side that only looked like scoring from a corner. We were never really in danger were we? So why not push for a third? Even a fourth, fifth....

If you weren't jeering or booing, what did you mean in your post #238 on the matchday thread when you replied to a post about fans booing the team retaining possession at the end of the match? You said, and I quote:

"That was me. That's not what I want to see a Hibs team do. I don't want to see us keep possession at home against Alloa at 2-0."

You appear to have totally contradicted what you said on Saturday.

PatHead
15-12-2014, 12:37 PM

Remember Alloa are the team that scored 3 against The Rangers the last 15 minutes. They might have been poor but if they had got one back in the 83rd minute it could have been squeaky bum time.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 12:42 PM

But that's the point I'm making.

I wish they did too. Hamilton were all over us and looked like scoring every time they went forward.

Alloa hardly ever looked like scoring.

Surely the players can distinguish between them?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Remember Alloa are the team that scored 3 against The Rangers the last 15 minutes. They might have been poor but if they had got one back in the 83rd minute it could have been squeaky bum time.

I know but they are very unlikely to repeat that and certainly didn't look like that on Saturday.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

allezsauzee
15-12-2014, 12:46 PM
If we had charged forward for more goals and ended up conceding and putting ourselves under pressure then our manager would have been castigated as being naive. There is a section of our support (as there is with all teams) that is rarely happy so I think we just need to accept that and move on.

WeeRussell
15-12-2014, 12:53 PM
:dunno: Words fail me at times, they really do.

stantonhibby
15-12-2014, 12:54 PM
If we had charged forward for more goals and ended up conceding and putting ourselves under pressure then our manager would have been castigated as being naive. There is a section of our support (as there is with all teams) that is rarely happy so I think we just need to accept that and move on.

Indeed.

Guy in front of me actually stood up at one point and booed a poor touch from Malonga which was the most animated he got all day. Of course Malonga scored a few mins later and the guy barely celebrated. :rolleyes:

Andy74
15-12-2014, 12:54 PM
I know but they are very unlikely to repeat that and certainly didn't look like that on Saturday.

Yeah, largely because we had the ball.

Mikey
15-12-2014, 12:56 PM
:dunno: Words fail me at times, they really do.

I feel sorry for their kids. Imagine coming home and having to own up to only getting 9/10 in the test at school.

Thecat23
15-12-2014, 01:01 PM
What a car crash of a thread this has turned out to be. Anyone booing at winning 2-0 are IMO very immature and lack any knowledge of the game. It's not a primary school game when 10 strikers stand up front wanting the ball. FFS we are lacking in confidence at home so a clean sheet is always welcome.

If we were getting beat 4 or 5 nil yes I'd be booing my arse off out of frustration and embarrassment but we were WINNING!!

I hope to god someone gets punted out the ground next time it happens or told to shut the **** up! 2-0 up and booing you really couldn't make it up.

********S!!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 01:03 PM
If you weren't jeering or booing, what did you mean in your post #238 on the matchday thread when you replied to a post about fans booing the team retaining possession at the end of the match? You said, and I quote:

"That was me. That's not what I want to see a Hibs team do. I don't want to see us keep possession at home against Alloa at 2-0."

You appear to have totally contradicted what you said on Saturday.

I appear to have don't i!!! Thanks for trawling and finding that.

To confirm my actions on Saturday I was shouting/gesticulating at team to get forward. I clapped at final whistle as 2-0 is fine in the grand scheme of things. However I didn't enjoy the performance and felt they should have pressured a particularly poor Alloa side.

I'll refrain from posting any more though as I'm in the minority/not an über fan so my opinion is not valid.

Mikey
15-12-2014, 01:08 PM
.........not an über fan so my opinion is not valid.

As said before, you're on a Hibs fans website so if you're going to boo the team when they're winning you're going to get a reaction.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 01:18 PM
As said before, you're on a Hibs fans website so if you're going to boo the team when they're winning you're going to get a reaction.

I'd appreciate if you weren't condescending. I know I'm on a fans forum.

As I previously mentioned, I didn't "BOO HISS" in the panto style. I did shout and TRY to get the team going forward.

I am happy to admit that maybe I should have accepted that we were winning and that's what matters overall but I just feel we coasted and went to easy on them.

In future I will be very careful what I post.

Mikey
15-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd appreciate if you weren't condescending.

You're just trotting out the usual defense now. "Freedom of speech" is the next one.

You owned up to booing the team and people have challenged you about it. Did you really expect anything else?

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 01:39 PM
You're just trotting out the usual defense now. "Freedom of speech" is the next one.

You owned up to booing the team and people have challenged you about it. Did you really expect anything else?

What do you expect? Surely I'm allowed to post my thoughts if they are within the rules of this fans forum?

The mistake I've made is comment on a thread that refers to "BOOOing" whereas I should have started a new thread referring to people who were disappointed in the nature of our win. I did shout and use my arms to suggest we go forward a bit more. Not really booing but a similar sentiment.

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2014, 01:42 PM
I booed due to personal feelings of sexual inadequacy as I hadn't had my hole in ages. Fortunately, I got a leg-over on Saturday night, and I'm now firmly ensconced back in the saddle, self-esteem rocketing. Therefore I'll be cheering on the boys vociferously at the next fixture.

Northernhibee
15-12-2014, 02:12 PM
What do you expect? Surely I'm allowed to post my thoughts if they are within the rules of this fans forum?

The mistake I've made is comment on a thread that refers to "BOOOing" whereas I should have started a new thread referring to people who were disappointed in the nature of our win. I did shout and use my arms to suggest we go forward a bit more. Not really booing but a similar sentiment.

Surely others can challenge you on this though as long as they are within the rules of the forum?

emerald green
15-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I appear to have don't i!!! Thanks for trawling and finding that.

To confirm my actions on Saturday I was shouting/gesticulating at team to get forward. I clapped at final whistle as 2-0 is fine in the grand scheme of things. However I didn't enjoy the performance and felt they should have pressured a particularly poor Alloa side.

I'll refrain from posting any more though as I'm in the minority/not an über fan so my opinion is not valid.

Na, I wasn't trawling NN. It's not something I do as a rule. Honest.

It's just that your matchday thread post stuck in my mind, because I then got involved in some posts on the matchday thread in connection with this issue.

Nobody that I'm aware of, least of all me, has said your opinion is not valid. I simply disagree with you.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Surely others can challenge you on this though as long as they are within the rules of the forum?

Absolutely, that's ok.

Its just the "don't come back" and "your not welcome at Easter Road" attitude that irks me.

Albanian Hibs
15-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Fan police.

Deary me.....

Paloschi
15-12-2014, 03:53 PM
At least we can start this new chant?

'Boo when we're winning. We only boo when we're winning!' :agree:

Hermit Crab
15-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Absolutely, that's ok.

Its just the "don't come back" and "your not welcome at Easter Road" attitude that irks me.

People will have that opinion of you because you admitted to booing when the team was winning. Can't imagine what the players must have been thinking.

Winning 2-0 and still get boo'd. It seems there's just no pleasing some people and I don't understand what the problem is. The players seen the game out in a professional manor and still got stick. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Just Alf
15-12-2014, 05:04 PM
People will have that opinion of you because you admitted to booing when the team was winning. Can't imagine what the players must have been thinking.

Winning 2-0 and still get boo'd. It seems there's just no pleasing some people and I don't understand what the problem is. The players seen the game out in a professional manor and still got stick. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

:top marks

HibsMax
15-12-2014, 05:04 PM

The mistake you made, IMO, is getting upset when your team is winning comfortably rather than relaxing and enjoying the moment. Imagine if in an effort to press up the park we left ourselves open and lost a goal - now our lead is cut in half. Imagine if in an effort to chase after something that didn't need chased someone got injured - that would meet with rapturous applause I am sure. Sometimes the right thing to do is not always the prettiest. You don't have to be an uber-fan to believe that. I think it's common sense. It can't hurt the boys' confidence to knock some passes around at the end of the game. It doesn't seem so very long ago when the players couldn't find one another so this is surely an improvement. :wink:

I'm not having a go at you because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't agree with yours. :)

Bobby's Cinema
15-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Absolutely. I would add that while I'm a moaning git and get everything out on here, abusing your own players is pointless and embarrassing.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-12-2014, 06:02 PM
The mistake you made, IMO, is getting upset when your team is winning comfortably rather than relaxing and enjoying the moment. Imagine if in an effort to press up the park we left ourselves open and lost a goal - now our lead is cut in half. Imagine if in an effort to chase after something that didn't need chased someone got injured - that would meet with rapturous applause I am sure. Sometimes the right thing to do is not always the prettiest. You don't have to be an uber-fan to believe that. I think it's common sense. It can't hurt the boys' confidence to knock some passes around at the end of the game. It doesn't seem so very long ago when the players couldn't find one another so this is surely an improvement. :wink:

I'm not having a go at you because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't agree with yours. :)

I take a lot of your points on board.

I felt like it was like the last ten/fifteen we just mucked around.

Is 2-0 the benchmark then? When do we decide that there is no point going any further?

It is vitally important we win games and retain ball but we at times we were just knocking it about the back four. There were also options to 'keep ball' up the park but we chose not to take them. Often when teams keep ball it means they keep ball all over the park.

PeeJay
15-12-2014, 06:05 PM

Booing a winning team at ER is nothing new - Joe Harper scored 5 in a very comfortable home win for us at a much higher level and got roundly booed off by a great deal more fans than against Alloa ... just shows how far we have fallen as a club when fans find it acceptable to retain possession of the ball just in case the plucky part timers of Alloa steal the game from us ... personally I find that attitude more worrying than a few boos, from one or two fans ...
I wasn't booing by the way, not much point really from Berlin :greengrin

greenlex
15-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Booing a winning team at ER is nothing new - Joe Harper scored 5 in a very comfortable home win for us at a much higher level and got roundly booed off by a great deal more fans than against Alloa ... just shows how far we have fallen as a club when fans find it acceptable to retain possession of the ball just in case the plucky part timers of Alloa steal the game from us ... personally I find that attitude more worrying than a few boos, from one or two fans ...
I wasn't booing by the way, not much point really from Berlin :greengrin The same plucky part timers that already had 3 points tucked away from our first meeting of the season? The same part timers who to an extent threw everything at us the last ten minutes just a fortnight ago in the cup albeit we were down to ten men? The same part timers who scored a couple to beat Rangers midweek with just a few minutes to go? We won 2-0 whilst not really being at the races in the urgency stakes. We won at home which is something we have struggled to do in the last few years. There is nothing to worry about attitude wise. The booing was unjust and says far more about the folk booing than it does about the professional way we seen the game out IMO.

blackpoolhibs
15-12-2014, 07:18 PM
I wasn't online 12.37am and 7.05am so didn't see the follow up. There's always the "report post" function.

I have never felt the need to report anyone, i was having a pop back at the guy who posted the clueless ********s bit. Yet surprise surprise its my post thats picked out Mikey, not his?

FWIW i don't think it matters one jot whether you have played the game to a high standard or not, its wrong to boo the side when they are 2 nil up just because they are running the clock down?

Mikey
15-12-2014, 07:32 PM
I have never felt the need to report anyone, i was having a pop back at the guy who posted the clueless ********s bit. Yet surprise surprise its my post thats picked out Mikey, not his?

I didn't see the initial post.

I can assure you, if we were picking on you you would know about it :wink:

PeeJay
15-12-2014, 07:44 PM
The same plucky part timers that already had 3 points tucked away from our first meeting of the season? The same part timers who to an extent threw everything at us the last ten minutes just a fortnight ago in the cup albeit we were down to ten men? The same part timers who scored a couple to beat Rangers midweek with just a few minutes to go? We won 2-0 whilst not really being at the races in the urgency stakes. We won at home which is something we have struggled to do in the last few years. There is nothing to worry about attitude wise. The booing was unjust and says far more about the folk booing than it does about the professional way we seen the game out IMO.

Well there you go, seems to me you've just demonstrated why I ought to have every reason to be even more worried than I was ... it was only the part timers of Alloa - you and any others trying to big them up because of past showings to make our "performance" seem acceptable doesn't convince me nor make me feel any better regarding where Hibs as a club are at this moment in time ... As to "... nothing to worry about attitude wise", fine for you, I see it differently myself -

We deserved the victory on the day and the 3 points, probably best to write off the game and hope the team can somehow improve by leaps and bounds for the next couple of games against "better" opposition ... good results and performances will stop any fan booing (unless you're Joe Harper that is) :greengrin

Sergey
15-12-2014, 07:48 PM

FWIW i don't think it matters one jot whether you have played the game to a high standard or not, its wrong to boo the side when they are 2 nil up just because they are running the clock down?

I was at a non-league fixture a couple of seasons ago and lambasted the players and management as they headed for the changing rooms after the match. One of the managers hunted me down in the clubhouse and (in an aggressive manner) stated, "Your opinion means nothing - you've never played f'in the game."

I simply replied, "That might be so, but you've never paid to watch one."

inglisavhibs
15-12-2014, 07:52 PM

I would have preferred us to have closed Hamilton down further up the park and we might have held on. As it was we lost the goal despite having everybody back at the time. It came from a simple throw in near our byline. Not sure about the whole argument on here but there was general disappointment around us regarding our play in the final ten minutes. I suppose the lack of entertainment in the previous 80 minutes had something to do with it. Yes an acceptable result but we have to do better.

3pm
15-12-2014, 08:03 PM
I just want to have a post on the thread. This is it.

Waxy
15-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Lets boo the booers. See how they like it.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Anyone hear the Everton fans booing their own players there? Commentator made a point of mentioning it and that he thought it was excessive.

At least it's not just us.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Everton fans just got absolute pelters on sky for booing at 3-1 up with two minutes left. "The fans can be incredibly impatient here. At 3-1 up at this stage you keep the ball!"

Billy Whizz
15-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Everton fans just got absolute pelters on sky for booing at 3-1 up with two minutes left. "The fans can be incredibly impatient here. At 3-1 up at this stage you keep the ball!"

Thought the fans were more nervous that the players. Must be something in that to work on.

mca
15-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Not the best at remembering Games.. but I can Remember Mickey Weir Playing keepy upy in our half near the End of a Game and the FANS Were Loving it.. :agree:

SunshineOnLeith
16-12-2014, 12:05 AM
2-0 up in a league game, against a team with no intention of opening up and chasing the game, going into the final few minutes, what do you do? Kill the game, 3 points, clean sheet, on to the next game.

Booing :faf: Imagine that being your life, watching the football team you support cruising to victory, and being enraged to the point of shouting "BOOOOOOOOOOO" :faf:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2014, 09:42 AM
I was at a non-league fixture a couple of seasons ago and lambasted the players and management as they headed for the changing rooms after the match. One of the managers hunted me down in the clubhouse and (in an aggressive manner) stated, "Your opinion means nothing - you've never played f'in the game."

I simply replied, "That might be so, but you've never paid to watch one."

Had they buggered your bet up pal? :greengrin

JimBHibees
16-12-2014, 09:46 AM
I booed due to personal feelings of sexual inadequacy as I hadn't had my hole in ages. Fortunately, I got a leg-over on Saturday night, and I'm now firmly ensconced back in the saddle, self-esteem rocketing. Therefore I'll be cheering on the boys vociferously at the next fixture.

Brilliant, :not worth many a true word said in jest.

Brightside
16-12-2014, 11:29 AM
There are a couple in the west stand who i think only go to games so they can shout and scream at their own players. They must be a joy to have as neighbours.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2014, 11:31 AM
There are a couple in the west stand who i think only go to games so they can shout and scream at their own players. They must be a joy to have as neighbours.

Upper or lower?

Brightside
16-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Lower.

silverhibee
16-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Anyone hear the Everton fans booing their own players there? Commentator made a point of mentioning it and that he thought it was excessive.

At least it's not just us.

So just not exclusive at ER.

Fans can be very fickle at times, mostly the ones who think they can do better than the manager and players, they are the most annoying ones, 18 stone looks like they have never kicked a ball in there life but no it all.

--------
16-12-2014, 01:02 PM
So just not exclusive at ER.

Fans can be very fickle at times, mostly the ones who think they can do better than the manager and players, they are the most annoying ones, 18 stone looks like they have never kicked a ball in there life but no it all.

I think it's as much about the mind-set of the individuals concerned as about what's happening on the field.

The guys who girned about the 6-3 at Dumbarton - sloppy defending, losing stupid goals, nearly throwing it away, etc, etc - would almost certainly have been girning about the team playing out time on Saturday.

There are some folks you literally cannot please - ever.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I think it's as much about the mind-set of the individuals concerned as about what's happening on the field.

The guys who girned about the 6-3 at Dumbarton - sloppy defending, losing stupid goals, nearly throwing it away, etc, etc - would almost certainly have been girning about the team playing out time on Saturday.

There are some folks you literally cannot please - ever.

Very true I remember when we were challenging for Europe how we were achieving it was not right, I wish we were going about it the wrong way now.

--------
16-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Very true I remember when we were challenging for Europe how we were achieving it was not right, I wish we were going about it the wrong way now.

I remember when Stein's team beat Real Madrid 2-0 in a friendly, and coming out of the ground there was this guy girning on about how terrible it was that Stein had had the team playing in green shorts that night.

Completely spoiled his evening, apparently. :devil:

I'm sure that there are Leeds United supporters who have the same attitude - Leeds are a big side who belong in the top flight challenging for Europe, winning trophies, blah, blah, blah - and who don't see why someone should somehow wave the magic wand and sort everything out overnight and get them back playing Manchester United and Chelsea and Spurs.

Well, guess what - they're 19th in the Championship (and hopefully at least 4 places lower at the end of the season :wink:) and in a bit of a pickle money-wise. Just as we're 4th in our Championship and struggling for consistency after yet another comprehensive (and very expensive) clear-out in the last close season. And looking for a play-off spot at best.

That's where we are. As far as I can see Dempster and Stubbs are working hard to improve the situation, and are making headway. If the negotiations about clearing the club debt go through successfully, that'll be a major step forward. But holding the ball and playing out time against a side that only recently overturned a 2-0 deficit against Rangers, winning 3-2 in the end is not in my humble opinion a hanging offence. It's actually common sense.

I've always said it - give me a 2-0 and boring win every game and I'll show you the League Champions.

matty_f
17-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I remember when Stein's team beat Real Madrid 2-0 in a friendly, and coming out of the ground there was this guy girning on about how terrible it was that Stein had had the team playing in green shorts that night.

Completely spoiled his evening, apparently. :devil:

I'm sure that there are Leeds United supporters who have the same attitude - Leeds are a big side who belong in the top flight challenging for Europe, winning trophies, blah, blah, blah - and who don't see why someone should somehow wave the magic wand and sort everything out overnight and get them back playing Manchester United and Chelsea and Spurs.

Well, guess what - they're 19th in the Championship (and hopefully at least 4 places lower at the end of the season :wink:) and in a bit of a pickle money-wise. Just as we're 4th in our Championship and struggling for consistency after yet another comprehensive (and very expensive) clear-out in the last close season. And looking for a play-off spot at best.

That's where we are. As far as I can see Dempster and Stubbs are working hard to improve the situation, and are making headway. If the negotiations about clearing the club debt go through successfully, that'll be a major step forward. But holding the ball and playing out time against a side that only recently overturned a 2-0 deficit against Rangers, winning 3-2 in the end is not in my humble opinion a hanging offence. It's actually common sense.

I've always said it - give me a 2-0 and boring win every game and I'll show you the League Champions.

That for me is the main thing just now - three points are the priority, we can worry about the style of the wins later but just now we're chasing the teams above us and trying to pull clear of the teams below. Let's just ensure the wins and take it from there.

I've blogged about the booing here: http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/boo-when-youre-winning.html#gpluscomments if anyone's interested!:greengrin