PDA

View Full Version : David Gray Injury

DaveF
13-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Hibs twitter saying is a recurrence of a groin injury.

Nightmare news. (although they do say, hopefully back soon, so maybe not!)

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Maybe just a tweek. He was holding his stomach when he went off.

EdinMike
13-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I hope it isn't bad as he's been my player of the season so far !

Ronniekirk
13-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Hibs twitter saying is a recurrence of a groin injury.

Nightmare news. (although they do say, hopefully back soon, so maybe not!)
Hopefully just the same as when he went off at Ibrox and only missed one game I think But at some point there is potential he could do damage that keeps him out for longer and we can ill afford that We need back up in January as we are down to bare bones defensively if there is no young player that Stubbs has confidence in .

Billy Whizz
13-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Hopefully just the same as when he went off at Ibrox and only missed one game I think But at some point there is potential he could do damage that keeps him out for longer and we can ill afford that We need back up in January as we are down to bare bones defensively if there is no young player that Stubbs has confidence in .

Ronnie, I'm hoping it was just a precaution.
I don't think it's helped him that the last 2 games have been on astro

ano hibby
13-12-2014, 09:00 PM
4 lefties across the back 4 when he went off..
May he & Forster be back soon

Ronniekirk
13-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Ronnie, I'm hoping it was just a precaution.
I don't think it's helped him that the last 2 games have been on astro
Good point billy ,had forgotten about the astro factor

HH81
13-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Hope its not too serious as has been one of Hibs better players.

rcarter1
14-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Massive blow. We've got an entire spine injured now. Gray and Forster, McGeough, El Alagui. Our best players are injury prone. Hmmm.

scoopyboy
14-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Massive blow. We've got an entire spine injured now. Gray and Forster, McGeough, El Alagui. Our best players are injury prone. Hmmm.

You are a bit early in saying it is a massive blow, we don't know the extent of the injury yet.

To be honest we have brought this one on ourselves, we should have another right back at the club.

The way David plays he is always liable to pick up injuries and / or suspensions.

JimBHibees
14-12-2014, 10:01 AM
You are a bit early in saying it is a massive blow, we don't know the extent of the injury yet.

To be honest we have brought this one on ourselves, we should have another right back at the club.

The way David plays he is always liable to pick up injuries and / or suspensions.

Would imagine at minimum 2 weeks so prob struggling for derby. Would either play the 20s right back or put Forster back to right back when fit rather than switch Lewis across.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Fingers crossed.

He is a real leader and in the early stages of yesterday's game was our most dangerous attacking threat.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Although Gray has been terrific, maybe the bigger point is that he has been a proper fix for a troublesome position, largely because he is experienced in playing that role, rather than another versatile body doing a make and do job. In January, if we look to bring bodies in, we should get another right back, over a squad player that can play and adapt.

Winston Ingram
14-12-2014, 12:04 PM
We've no cover for him which is the biggest worry. With the diamond in midfield our fullbacks offer as our only width. If we play Lewis there we lose the right side of the pitch automatically

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-12-2014, 12:15 PM
He's going to need a wee op but is hoping to hold off until after the derby

Ronniekirk
14-12-2014, 03:35 PM
He's going to need a wee op but is hoping to hold off until after the derby
Not great to be going into festive period knowing this ,as means he could breakdown again and need op sooner ,or like Mcgeoch he has a wee op in January and then is out for months .We needed cover before but Defo need it now and the chances of getting someone of his calibre in January is probably not great .
He is one of our key players that need to fit and on form in play offs so better to get op done .

Diclonius
14-12-2014, 03:46 PM
With our luck this season I'm willing to bet that the team against Hearts in January will be as follows:

Perntreou

Stevenson Fontaine Booth Dunsmore

Harris Stanton Craig Sinclair

Heffernan L. Allan

oconnors_strip
14-12-2014, 04:24 PM
With our luck this season I'm willing to bet that the team against Hearts in January will be as follows:

Perntreou

Heffernan L. Allan

Why would dunsmore play on the left when he is a right back?

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 04:27 PM
So how long will this wee op keep him out for and when is mcgeoch due back?

Diclonius
14-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Why would dunsmore play on the left when he is a right back?

Because I clearly need educated regarding our youngsters. :grr:

HibernianJK
14-12-2014, 05:41 PM

Perntreou

Heffernan L. Allan

Why have you managed to injure our whole starting XI?

Diclonius
14-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Why have you managed to injure our whole starting XI?

It's a matter of time. :wink:

HappyHibby93
14-12-2014, 06:12 PM
I dont think forster will be too far away. I think he was out for about 6 weeks. i don't think he been out for much more than that

Billy Whizz
14-12-2014, 06:15 PM
I dont think forster will be too far away. I think he was out for about 6 weeks. i don't think he been out for much more than that

Think he's back training, but it'll take him a few games to get match fit. Wonder if he'll get a run out for the development squad on Thursday?

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Forster could potentially fill in at right back for a couple of games next month. Not ideal but could be okay

ancient hibee
14-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Perntreou

Heffernan L. Allan

More than adequate.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2014, 08:07 PM
More than adequate.

More than adequate to get humped!!