PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 2 vs Alloa 0 (Handling & Malonga) FT

Pages : 1 [2]

Ringothedog
13-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Was at the game today, left at half-time. Complete bore-fest inn my opinion. Alloa came, parked the bus and we struggled to break them down. Even after we scored they refused to cross the half-way line. Nah, not for me any more. Anyone know someone wanting a half price season adult ticket for the East ? Club price - £200 can have mine for £100. just send me a pm and it's yours.

I am sure Hibernian will send you a thank you for the £400 you have spent on 8 home games. Well done and thanks for your support.

Libby Hibby
13-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Just thawed out!! How cold was that?

We really do need to learn to play smarter against teams that come to ER and just sit in there, I think we need to play with more intensity and pace throughout the side and perhaps go for the 1st goal early on in the game. In saying that, it's 3 points and that's what matters, we have played better in games and not won so maybe today shows we can 'win ugly'.

My MOM today was Fontaine, the big fella was flawless.

greenlex
13-12-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't think it was aimed at Craig in particular, I think it was the fact that we were shifting the ball from midfield to back in triangles and running down the clock against an Alloa team who did the square root of nothing in an attacking sense all game and were closer to causing their own keeper issues with clearances than being a threat to Oxley.

I'm happy with the win, clean sheet and goals BUT we shut up shop and saw out time against a pile of rubbish. Was it asking too much to maybe get the ball up the park and try for another goal?

And I've played Sunday League before anyone asks. Badly :greengrin and if we had lost possession with 5-10 mins to go by trying to get a 3rd and Alloa scored from it could you imagine the tension in the ground. They scored 2 late goals midweek. Happy to see us retain possession against anyone with 10 to go with a two goal lead. Imagine the bloodletting if we had drawn that 2-2 today. Professional finish to the game. We haven't had too many wins at home for a number of years so 2 scored and a clean sheet in a rather lacklustre performance is just fine by me.

Northernhibee
13-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Back.

Find the relentless negativity on here boring - not the most exciting game in the world but we've previously failed to break down teams at ER who have played like Alloa - we've gotten two against them and a clean sheet today. Good result IMO and another three points closer to Sevco.

emerald green
13-12-2014, 06:52 PM
You would have a point if this was a red hot derby and we were 1 goal up and trying to see it out. No one would be complaining.

But this was Alloa. A 0-2 Alloa who took fright whenever they crossed half way never test our defence never mind Oxley at any point in the preceeding minutes.

I think both opinions have some validity but from my perspective I think it shows how fragile and timid we are as a team that we had no intention of going forward even with a 2 goal lead.

I understand what you are saying, but my point is that there is absolutely no point in giving possession away to your opponents needlessly, or easily. To me, as I mentioned above, it doesn't matter who your opponents are, or what the score is. I do agree with you that Alloa contributed nothing going forward. They were garbage. But that doesn't mean they can't grab a goal (or two) if their opponents gift them possession needlessly.

I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say Hibs had no intention of going forward even with a two goal lead. To be honest that's not how it looked to me, but I'll never cease to be amazed by the different opinions and viewpoints expressed by Hibs fans who were at the same game. :greengrin

whiskyhibby
13-12-2014, 06:53 PM
First 20m we were not really creating much, but after that it was one way traffic and if we had taken half the good chances we created, Alloa would have been severely embarrassed today

whiskyhibby
13-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Oh and Malonga's strike was a cracker [emoji4]

Jonnyboy
13-12-2014, 06:54 PM
You would have a point if this was a red hot derby and we were 1 goal up and trying to see it out. No one would be complaining.

But this was Alloa. A 0-2 Alloa who took fright whenever they crossed half way never test our defence never mind Oxley at any point in the preceeding minutes.

I think both opinions have some validity but from my perspective I think it shows how fragile and timid we are as a team that we had no intention of going forward even with a 2 goal lead.

Think this says a lot Dave

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5016

tamig
13-12-2014, 07:01 PM

Some people can never be satisfied. 3 points were a must today and we achieved that. It doesn't matter who the opposition is. Remember, this is the team the mighty newhun have failed to beat in three attempts this season. Great win today.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 07:03 PM
and if we had lost possession with 5-10 mins to go by trying to get a 3rd and Alloa scored from it could you imagine the tension in the ground. They scored 2 late goals midweek. Happy to see us retain possession against anyone with 10 to go with a two goal lead. Imagine the bloodletting if we had drawn that 2-2 today. Professional finish to the game. We haven't had too many wins at home for a number of years so 2 scored and a clean sheet in a rather lacklustre performance is just fine by me.

Fair enough, we'll have to disagree. I don't mind us seeing out games when it's tight but that game was as far removed from a tight contest we could have been down to 9 men and still cruised it. Look where sitting in and seeing out a match got us against Hearts at ER. We need to shift the mindset a little and not be so scared of ourselves.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Some people can never be satisfied. 3 points were a must today and we achieved that. It doesn't matter who the opposition is. Remember, this is the team the mighty newhun have failed to beat in three attempts this season. Great win today.

It's incredible that we lost to them earlier in the season. Without doubt the worst side to play at ER this season.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Think this says a lot Dave

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5016

I read that JC and I fully appreciate it's a difficult system to break down. However, we play at such a slow tempo at times it becomes even easier for the opposition to get organised, therefore making our task in breaking them down much harder.

I'm satisfied with the 3 points - what Hibs fan isn't? But surely people can question aspects of the performance?

Malthibby
13-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Back.

Find the relentless negativity on here boring - not the most exciting game in the world but we've previously failed to break down teams at ER who have played like Alloa - we've gotten two against them and a clean sheet today. Good result IMO and another three points closer to Sevco.

What he/she/it said. This was a team which duffed up Rangers from 0:2 down & we strangled the life out of them. We weren't great today but it was job done, some nice stuff in between the dodgy bits, dodged a home bullet after last week's mishap. We are a work in progress, we are perfectly capable of losing to teams like Alloa so they Billy Big Baws approach is pointless. Today, we barely gave them a look-in.
I was with 3 kids, my wife and two mates & in between the frustration we all enjoyed ourselves.
I'm away for a half full pint.
GG

emerald green
13-12-2014, 07:10 PM
It's incredible that we lost to them earlier in the season. Without doubt the worst side to play at ER this season.

Teams like Alloa will get even worse as injuries and suspensions take their toll on their comparatively limited (part time) playing resources as the season progresses.

whiskyhibby
13-12-2014, 07:13 PM

Well said, the moaning on here after a win is quite ridiculous, AS got it right by saying our patience was rewarded, not sure what the team needs to do to convince the moaners......

portycabbage
13-12-2014, 07:14 PM

I think Sally Mcmoist said after losing from 2-0 up against Alloa that they "should have seen the game out". First home game missed for me this season, but sounds like that's what we did today.

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2014, 07:14 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a great win, but it was a valuable win. You are right in what you say about the criticism though. They really can't win. Slagged off if they lose, slagged off if they draw and now slagged off for not winning well enough , it's pathetic. You actually get the feeling that some on here are disappointed we won thus depriving them of a chance to really get ripped into the club .

snooky
13-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Disagree. I thought the Hibs support was remarkably patient as we huffed and puffed against mediocre opposition.

A home win is welcome however we got it but that is not going to bring fans back to ER. Stubbs will bring in at least 2 players, 1 of them a striker, in the window.
:agree: 100%

The Green Goblin
13-12-2014, 07:16 PM
We won. At home. 3 points. The End.

hibbytam
13-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Without losing a goal, or even looking like losing one.

Ken
13-12-2014, 07:20 PM

This. 100% GGTTH

SaulGoodman
13-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Without losing a goal, or even looking like losing one.

That makes it so boring though! I love it when teams get a a goal back with 10 to go. Proper edge of the seat stuff. I'm furious about today. Calderwood out.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2014, 07:25 PM
The real reason most folk that are fed up with Hibs is the lack of wins like today. If we were sitting top and winning these type of games as the gimps have been doing, we'd be a LOT happier as a support.

Today is good, :top marks lots more of them please Alan. :gwa:

DaveF
13-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a great win, but it was a valuable win. You are right in what you say about the criticism though. They really can't win. Slagged off if they lose, slagged off if they draw and now slagged off for not winning well enough , it's pathetic. You actually get the feeling that some on here are disappointed we won thus depriving them of a chance to really get ripped into the club .

Just to be clear, I'm not slagging the team of for not winning well enough. I'm as happy as the next person that we won, given home wins have been a rare thing of late.

I just felt we showed a lack of conviction and dare I say, confidence, by not really going at them a bit more when the game as a contest was over. The game was a poor enough spectacle without us adding to it in the final moments.

Broken Gnome
13-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Just to be clear, I'm not slagging the team of for not winning well enough. I'm as happy as the next person that we won, given home wins have been a rare thing of late.

I just felt we showed a lack of conviction and dare I say, confidence, by not really going at them a bit more when the game as a contest was over. The game was a poor enough spectacle without us adding to it in the final moments.

If it was a lack of confidence, then that's exactly why we won ugly today. Not used to doing it at home. Should improve as a consequence of plodding it out, successfully for once.

DaveF
13-12-2014, 07:45 PM
If it was a lack of confidence, then that's exactly why we won ugly today. Not used to doing it at home. Should improve as a consequence of plodding it out, successfully for once.

The team shouldn't lack confidence given we had an 8 game unbeaten run prior to last week's mishap. As you say though, hopefully we improve from here.

silverhibee
13-12-2014, 07:46 PM

Done what was needed to do. :agree:

Hibs Class
13-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Was at the game today, left at half-time. Complete bore-fest inn my opinion. Alloa came, parked the bus and we struggled to break them down. Even after we scored they refused to cross the half-way line. Nah, not for me any more. Anyone know someone wanting a half price season adult ticket for the East ? Club price - £200 can have mine for £100. just send me a pm and it's yours.

I'll give you £20 for it, and straight away donate it to Leith Links. If you're serious about not going back then you'll have got yourself a bargain. Just let me know.

Swedish hibee
13-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Some of the stuff on here is just embarrassing.

Super happy that the so-called fan got rid of his season ticket, and hopefully he'll get rid of his laptop too so he can't post on here. People like him just aren't needed in life never mind at ER.

Onwards & Upwards Hibs. Can't wait to be back at ER soon :scarf:

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Man that was cold. The three points warmed me up. We have to be winning these home games against the smaller teams in the division. If we beat The Rangers in a couple of weeks time, we'll be breathing down their necks.

greenlex
13-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Fair enough, we'll have to disagree. I don't mind us seeing out games when it's tight but that game was as far removed from a tight contest we could have been down to 9 men and still cruised it. Look where sitting in and seeing out a match got us against Hearts at ER. We need to shift the mindset a little and not be so scared of ourselves.
I'll bet The Rangers wished they had seen out the last few minutes midweek.:greengrin

Allan45
13-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Jesus, we won today and I hope we win all our home games this month, we will improve, no magic wand, win against Raith and the Gers, I'll be happy.
every game should be hard,winning most of them is achievable, also a grind.
GGTTH...

Allan45
13-12-2014, 10:38 PM
The team shouldn't lack confidence given we had an 8 game unbeaten run prior to last week's mishap. As you say though, hopefully we improve from here.
We should improve, I'll be real disappointed if we can not beat the poor Gers team, if we can, we can go forward, if we can't then that's where we are as a club......

seanshow
14-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Cold as a mutherhubbard...if only we had summer football that would have been the second last game of the season, and then Hiiiibernate till april :greengrin

felt sorry for JC when he was clean through and missed both chances badly, never mind three points are welcome.

.....and outsung by 60/70 Alloa fans :rolleyes:

green day
14-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Done what was needed to do. :agree:

Correct.

Lots on here talk about how "even when playing crap hearts get the points on the board".

We just did the same. 3 points closer, a decent if uninspiring win. Let's move on.

Borderhibbie76
14-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Haven't missed many home games but sounds like today was another struggle all be it job done with three points.
Stevie Cowan on forth radio critical of Cummings again making wrong choices and being too greedy and getting chance and then having a poor shot Think playing him week in week out is not the answer and sounds like he needs a few games out or benched but the problem is we don't have a lot of options .
He also thought Malonga didn't look interested and was saying he should be subbed and then he scored
To be frank... For an ex player Steve Cowan is an a@@@@@le..he rarely has a good word to say about Hibs but creams himself about that lot on a regular basis. Couldnt give a flying one on his opinions tbh

Hibbyradge
14-12-2014, 08:00 AM
At 2:55pm today I sat and counted exactly 60 people in the South stand.

My mate said he counted 94 during the second half.

3pm
14-12-2014, 08:12 AM
In this league its results first every time. :top marks

Yeah, good to get the win. I just felt it was a struggle.

Just an opinion but I don't think we are playing well enough at home to be confident that if a better side came to ER then we'd break them down.

John Doolan was in the paper last week talking about a patient build up but I think it's too patient. I think we are reasonably easy to play against.

3pm
14-12-2014, 08:13 AM
PS. The injuries don't help, particularly to Farid and McGeouch.

PeeJay
14-12-2014, 08:56 AM
3 points, we more than deserved the win (ugly will have to do) as Alloa showed themselves to be the part-time outfit that they are. As pleasing as the points on the board are, Hibs performance however was disappointing IMO, apart from obvious highlights like Allan. As poor as Alloa were I felt we were unable to pile on any sustained pressure and I lost count of how many times balls forward found none of our team in or near the box. We seemed most dangerous at corners, free kicks: that's not enough, not even at this low level. As a professional outfit we really ought to be able to create more, and play with some aplomb and confidence, but we actually create so little - our front men will have a much tougher life in a better league than this one with better teams.
The performance was good enough for a Championship team at home playing against part timers, but if we don't improve massively on this performance we won't make it through the play-off's assuming we even reach them.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Yeah, good to get the win. I just felt it was a struggle.

Just an opinion but I don't think we are playing well enough at home to be confident that if a better side came to ER then we'd break them down.

John Doolan was in the paper last week talking about a patient build up but I think it's too patient. I think we are reasonably easy to play against.

You could be right, but results are the only things that matter this season. We really need to get up at first time of asking because as much as a lot of people won't like it, folk will definitely think twice about watching this next season.

Aldo
14-12-2014, 09:07 AM
You could be right, but results are the only things that matter this season. We really need to get up at first time of asking because as much as a lot of people won't like it, folk will definitely think twice about watching this next season.

Indeed BH. Lucky, ugly last minute OG as long as we get 3 points every week that'll do for me.

As for promotion..... If Farid and McGeouch ( especially Farid) had remained fit then I would like to think we would have a few more points on the board. I know that's irrelevant now but Farid's injury seems to of hit us the worst.

emerald green
14-12-2014, 09:21 AM

There must have been a late crush at the turnstiles. :greengrin

Brightside
14-12-2014, 09:42 AM
That's was me. That's not what I want to see a Hibs team do.

I don't want to watch us keep possession at home against Alloa at 2-0. It's Alloa, not Real Madrid.

We are a big team in the Championship. We should be trying to embarrass teams.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

What a load of piffle.

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-12-2014, 11:42 AM
What a load of piffle.

In your opinion.

I'm certainly not fussed if I expect better against poor opposition. Listening to Stubbs' interview it seems he feels the same.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

Stevie Reid
14-12-2014, 03:11 PM
I didn't come on here much last weekend as I knew that after the defeat (even though it was our first in a long time) this place would be full of intolerable and insufferable posters.

However, to see what's being posted on here after a very comfortable home win is utterly depressing.

HoboHarry
14-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I didn't come on here much last weekend as I knew that after the defeat (even though it was our first in a long time) this place would be full of intolerable and insufferable posters.

However, to see what's being posted on here after a very comfortable home win is utterly depressing.
Oh now let's be positive about this. I myself enjoy reading the broad spectrum of opinions, particularly the educated (ahem) opinions from those who haven't played a game of football since they left primary school.Makes me feel like I have expanded my knowledge.....

:greengrin

JimBHibees
14-12-2014, 03:19 PM

Yep some genuinely appear to be happier when we lose. Very odd.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Well I have it on very good authority (my mum) that there were 88 Alloa fans at the game yesterday. :agree:

Maybe some of those extra fans that your mate counted moved around as he was counting them! :greengrin

atticmonkey
14-12-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm hibbyradges mate I counted 94 during the 1st half , I'd had a heavy Friday night but it was 94

Sir David Gray
14-12-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm hibbyradges mate I counted 94 during the 1st half , I'd had a heavy Friday night but it was 94

Source? :wink:

Northernhibee
14-12-2014, 07:20 PM
There were only four fans - they just kept moving about to **** hibbyradge and atticmonkey off:agree: