PDA

View Full Version : Hibs vs Hearts budget 2014/15

Kaff
12-12-2014, 10:33 PM
I've looked but seen no mention of this story on the site so i wondered how the sums might work out in terms of our respective budgets?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-would-be-losing-money-if-not-for-foh-funds-1-3632425

I dont know the specifics of each budget but just looking at the article if they are putting in approx £700k through pledges and have perhaps 4000 extra season ticket holders at average £250 (total guess on both figures) gives another £1m. On reading the article they are admitting they would be running a ''small' loss without the pledges must mean we are operating on a much lower playing budget?
This isnt a dig at the board as it does go to show we're lagging behind two teams on larger budget (obviously we're trailing QOS too), who we can compete with on a one off basis, and perhaps does show the importance off any deal that can be done with the bank and the possibility of releasing around £500k (CWG's approx figure) that could go into our playing budget.
Alternatively we have to hope that we can start to increase our gates to help close this gap but also wonder if a poor run in their form might see a decline in the level of pledges. Have to consider that this declaration today was to rally the troops against complacency and maybe there has been a tailing off in interest since things may look quite rosy at the moment?