PDA

View Full Version : NHC McCoist Offers His Resignation (Merged threads)

Hibbyradge
12-12-2014, 12:35 PM
FB feed.

ALF TUPPER
12-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Seems we DO do walking awaaaay!

Source : SSN

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Ally McCoist has left The Rangers!!!

I'm gutted.

SteveHFC
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

GreenArmyyy!
Oh no

DJ HIBBY
FB feed.

Just got the same message through from Sky Sports.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Massive blow to out promotion hopes.

scoopyboy
Ally McCoist has left The Rangers!!!

I'm gutted.

Strange timing, the day of a game.

S4uzee
Butcher back at ER on the 27th

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Strange timing, the day of a game.

My thoughts exactly. I still think they will catch Hearts more so now that he's gone.

God Petrie
12-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Massive blow to out promotion hopes.

Nah I'd prefer to keep Hertz down in the playoffs anyway.

DarrenSQH
12-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Butcher back at ER on the 27th

I would love this!

3 points for us and we can make it clear what we think of him.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Seems we DO do walking awaaaay!

Source : SSN

Maybe he knows something is about to happen to his club

aljo7-0
12-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Could this be why Butcher removed himself from the Motherwell reckoning? Did he know something? Actually does he know anything?

SteveHFC
12-12-2014, 12:43 PM
@scotsunsport: Ally McCoist will quit @rangersfc when his contract runs out at the end of the season

cwilliamson85
12-12-2014, 12:45 PM
He has offered his resignation. All depends if The Rangers board accept it.

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Just called Kenny he's about to head into ibrox just now. First he'd heard. Going to text me in 5 to find out what is happening.

HappyHibby93
12-12-2014, 12:50 PM
I wonder if Butcher knocked back the Motherwell job knowing that he would gave a chance at getting the Huns job

emerald green
12-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Step forward Terry Butcher. Is this why he excluded himself from the Motherwell job without saying why?

Betty Boop
12-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Stuart McCall will get the job surely ?

number9dream
12-12-2014, 12:52 PM
He has offered his resignation. All depends if The Rangers board accept it.

Exactly. It looks like he's calling their bluff. A bold move and one he could well regret unless he's confident that it will be refused.

If he does go, surely McCall would get the gig ahead of Butcher!?

PatHead
12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Dennis Wise has managed at clubs for Ashley before. He is also a great mate of Ashley. Would love that

GreenArmyyy!
12-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Big blow for us!

Ross4356
12-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Big blow for us!

How?

3pm
12-12-2014, 01:02 PM
I'd be very surprised if Butcher got the job.

When you look at Pardew, the remit is to spend as little as possible then sell them when they can. As well as he did, I am not convinced that's McCall either.

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 01:07 PM
How?

Quite simple really. He's a terrible manager and If we had any hope of catching them he'd be the perfect man to be In charge. With a new manager coming In that will lift them. It's also a blow for Hearts.

Gatecrasher
12-12-2014, 01:08 PM
How?
Because they might get someone in who actually knows what they're doing and with the squad we gave at the moment it dents our promotion hopes.

emerald green
12-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Quite simple really. He's a terrible manager and If we had any hope of catching them he'd be the perfect man to be In charge. With a new manager coming In that will lift them. It's also a blow for Hearts.

I agree he's a terrible manager, but regarding the bit in bold that's what many Hibs fans thought when Butcher arrived at ER, myself included.

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 01:13 PM
I agree he's a terrible manager, but regarding the bit in bold that's what many Hibs fans thought when Butcher arrived at ER, myself included.

Only Butcher is worse for me than he is. There is no danger Butcher will get that job either. So whoever comes in I think will improve them.

Ross4356
12-12-2014, 01:13 PM

Because they might get someone in who actually knows what they're doing and with the squad we gave at the moment it dents our promotion hopes.

We are 19 points behind Hearts, do you seriously think we can still catch them? I'll be delighted if he goes as I think they will win the league

Alan62
12-12-2014, 01:19 PM
According to the BBC, McCoist has 'offered his resignation' to the board. He's on a rolling 12 month contract. If they accept his resignation, they have to stump up a full 12 months' wages. Even if that was at the reduced rate he is thought to have voluntarily agreed to, would they be able to meet that obligation at this time? Another loan from Mike Ashley would be required and those come with considerable penalties.

Presumably a new manager wouldn't want his backroom staff either. More cash oot the door.

All sounds and looks good to me.
:aok:

R'Albin
12-12-2014, 01:22 PM
We are 19 points behind Hearts, do you seriously think we can still catch them? I'll be delighted if he goes as I think they will win the league

I'd much rather have faced the Huns with McCoist in charge in the playoffs than the Yams, to be honest. Still - I reckon we could have the beating of them anyway.

emerald green
12-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Only Butcher is worse for me than he is. There is no danger Butcher will get that job either. So whoever comes in I think will improve them.

:agree: The bit in bold. As bad as many people say McCoist is, Butcher is far worse.

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2014, 01:25 PM
According to the BBC, McCoist has 'offered his resignation' to the board. He's on a rolling 12 month contract. If they accept his resignation, they have to stump up a full 12 months' wages. Even if that was at the reduced rate he is thought to have voluntarily agreed to, would they be able to meet that obligation at this time? Another loan from Mike Ashley would be required and those come with considerable penalties.

Presumably a new manager wouldn't want his backroom staff either. More cash oot the door.

Is that correct?

Normally, a resignation means no pay-off.

TowerHibs
12-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Hmmm and butcher pulls out of race to be Motherwell manager yesterday. McCoist resigns the day of a match????

Would take McColl over Butcher every day of the week though

Gatecrasher
It's not about us and hearts, it's about our ability to beat rangers through the regular season and playoffs

JimBHibees
Is that correct?

Thats what I was thinking, more an attempt by Ally to appease himself with the masses in leaving and also not financially damaging the club at the same time.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Is that correct?

But if hes on a rolling 12 month contract they'll have to honour the outstanding monies, if he either does or doesn't work?

JimBHibees
12-12-2014, 01:29 PM
But if hes on a rolling 12 month contract they'll have to honour the outstanding monies, if he either does or doesn't work?

Why if he has terminated the contract?

Alan62
12-12-2014, 01:31 PM
The BBC articles suggests this:

"So either the club pays his salary up in full, comes to a settlement, or keep him in place for the next 12 months."

But, of course, they could be talking dross. The next paragraph in that article is:

"It is believed that the players have not yet been informed." Like their phones haven't been buzzing since first thing this morning ...

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Not sure about that.

Think the term "rolling" means that either party can give 12 months notice of its termination. If the employer breaks it, without that notice, they have to pay the cash. If the employee does it, they get nothing, or indeed might be sued.

The bit that gets me is the "offered". Does that mean he is saying "let's come to a deal..."?

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Why if he has terminated the contract?

Maybe he's said he's giving a years notice

Mikey09
12-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Doesn't get a bolt if he resigns. He's milked them for every penny and now gonna try and play the good guy with resigning to "save" the club money. A man taking 800k a year in the old 3rd division? Ha! The Rangers and there horrible cousins in Gorgie are the shameless face of scottish football...

seanshow
12-12-2014, 01:39 PM
His offer to resign has been rejected apparently...and he will be in charge for tonights game. :aok:

...i hope he stays till the end of the season at least :greengrin

Ross4356
It's not about us and hearts, it's about our ability to beat rangers through the regular season and playoffs

Fair enough but I think them with him will win the league so for me it is about us and Hearts

Andy74

The article doesn't make sense. I think in the usal BBC style they have added the resignation stuff to an article about whether they could sack him.

Joe
12-12-2014, 01:43 PM
"Two weeks ago Mike Ashley directly called Terry Butcher" From AgentScotland (I'm not sure how he could have indirectly called him?)

12-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Imagine the scenario. McCoist walks, Butcher in and we play the huns in the play off and beat them to keep butchers team in the first division where he plummeted us into last season. Revenge would be oh so sweet!

Joe
12-12-2014, 01:47 PM
This strikes me as a decidedly fishy. If your going to resign, you resign. I think McCosit is calling the boards bluff so they stop whispering behind his back and he can demand funds to strengthen/hold onto MacLeod and Wallace. They can't turn down his resignation and then refuse to back him.

My thinking is McCoist knows where all the bodies are buried at Ibrox and if he walks away without a big pay of he can spill the beans. The only thing for the board is to keep a manager who's not up to the job.

andrew70
12-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Joe Kinnear?

Canongatehibs
12-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Wtf?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/12/3ad31922877434974cc3730fc5f8aeb6.jpg

Weststandwanab
12-12-2014, 02:15 PM
"Two weeks ago Mike Ashley directly called Terry Butcher" From AgentScotland (I'm not sure how he could have indirectly called him?)

I suspect he my have used a telephone.

This strikes me as a decidedly fishy. If your going to resign, you resign. I think McCosit is calling the boards bluff so they stop whispering behind his back and he can demand funds to strengthen/hold onto MacLeod and Wallace. They can't turn down his resignation and then refuse to back him.

My thinking is McCoist knows where all the bodies are buried at Ibrox and if he walks away without a big pay of he can spill the beans. The only thing for the board is to keep a manager who's not up to the job.

I suspect there may be mileage in this.

bingo70
12-12-2014, 02:20 PM

They can so turn down his resignation and refuse to back him. If they don't have the money then they don't have the money.

silverhibee
12-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Sally offers his resignation, players go out tonight and get a win for Sally, the Board knock back his resignation and he keeps his job, and all is happy again, until the next game.

No f***ing chance will Butcher get the job if the Board excepts Sally's resignation.

seanshow
12-12-2014, 02:34 PM
even though his offer to resign has been rejected,
he will be determined to leave if the orcs(topical hobbit reference) have turned on his family, which looks like to be the case.

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 02:40 PM

If its him thats wanting the contract terminated he gets zero!! Managers all over would sign and leave if they got paid for handing in their resignation.

Only if hes sacked he will get any compensation.

Greencore
12-12-2014, 02:43 PM
@BBCSportsound: BBC Sport understands Rangers will reject Ally McCoist's letter of resignation. Most of the board are currently in London, no talks planned.

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Maybe he's said he's giving a years notice

But would leave immediately for an agreed fee.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 02:51 PM
@BBCSportsound: BBC Sport understands Rangers will reject Ally McCoist's letter of resignation. Most of the board are currently in London, no talks planned.

Seemingly not on the team bus to Dumfries tonight

jonty
12-12-2014, 03:03 PM
He doesn't do walking away, but he's offered to walk away, but only really he's only offered to hand his notice in.

Doesn't really mean much. Either do or don't, Ally. Stop playing the wounded wee soul and get on with it.

aljo7-0
12-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Seemingly not on the team bus to Dumfries tonight
Bill - that's because he can' fit through the doors. :wink:

Spike Mandela
12-12-2014, 03:19 PM
This will all be about money and the weasly politician McCoist holds all the cards. He knows they can't afford the compensation to sack him and they can't afford for him to resign with an agreed fee. Insolvency would inevitably follow. Ashley and his people want him and his ridiculous contract out imo. He needs to do the honourable thing and walk for nothing but he won't.

Andy74
12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
The problem Rangers have got is that they can't afford to hire a new manager.

Someone like McCall would want a decent wage and also say a 2 or 3 year contract. That's a decent liability they'd be signing themselves up for.

Spike Mandela
12-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I know you don't like him Andy _1875 but this does ring true.......

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/serving-notice-on-sevco/

AndyM_1875
12-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I know you don't like him Andy _1875 but this does ring true.......

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/serving-notice-on-sevco/

Indeed I don't and I make no apologies for it. He's an absolute spoofer.
Would have made more sense if he'd just typed "Very rich man quits at struggling business in the hope he can screw a few extra quid out of them" instead of his usual blowhard hyperbole which he has absolutely no proof of. He may be right on this one, but then a broken clock is correct twice a day too.

sambajustice
12-12-2014, 03:35 PM
I suspect he my have used a telephone.

I suspect there may be mileage in this.

You're very suspicious! :-D

Smartie
12-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I've always found it a bit odd that so much of this seems to be about money with McCoist.

He'll have made a packet during his career, especially the EBT-fuelled years. No doubt he'll have made a few quid at the BBC.

Why is he so determined to squeeze as much cash out of them as he is? He is/was a legend through there and is eroding his reputation there by hanging on on the huge wages the way he is.

Surely this is his dream job and he'll be desperate to cement his reputation with them? Rangers fan, player, goalscorer, asst.manager then the manager who took them from the bottom to the top league? Surely he'd drop his wage demands in order to get them up?

I can't believe to prove a point he wouldn't work to the end of the season for nowt, fair enough he's lost the support of a lot of the fans but you'd expect him to still have the self-belief to bash on. At 9 points and still in 2 cups there's still a lot for them to play for. Their biggest challenges still lie off the park too imo.

Greedy barsteward.

SteveHFC
12-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Playlist for tonight at Palmerston:

Pre-match:
Don't Walk Away - Michael Jackson
Please Stay - Duffy
Don't Leave Me Now - Elvis Presley
Stay - Shakespeares Sister
Don't Walk Away - Miley Cyrus
Please Don't Go - KWC
Don't Leave Me This Way - Communards
Stay Another Day - East 17
Don't Walk Away - Jade
Please Stay - Kylie Minogue
Just Can't Walk Away - U2
Don't Go - Hothouse Flowers

Half-time:
Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton and Kiki
Don't Say It's Over - Gun
Don't Leave Now - Pink Floyd
Don't Walk Away - ELO

Full-time:
Please Don't Go - KC & The Sunshine Band
Stay A Little Longer - Willie Nelson

Spike Mandela
12-12-2014, 03:50 PM
U
Indeed I don't and I make no apologies for it. He's an absolute spoofer.
Would have made more sense if he'd just typed "Very rich man quits at struggling business in the hope he can screw a few extra quid out of them" instead of his usual blowhard hyperbole which he has absolutely no proof of. He may be right on this one, but then a broken clock is correct twice a day too.

:faf: never let me down Andy ha ha........in the meantime........

Chris McLaughlin (@BBCchrismclaug)
12/12/2014 16:19
Most of #Rangers board in London. Resignation can't be accepted as club can't afford to pay him off. #McCoist

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2014, 03:55 PM
U

Most of #Rangers board in London. Resignation can't be accepted as club can't afford to pay him off. #McCoist

McLaughlin missing the point again.

On the McGillivan blog, he reckons that AMcC has given 12 months notice of his resignation. That's a completely new spin on things. :confused:

jacomo
12-12-2014, 03:58 PM
I've always found it a bit odd that so much of this seems to be about money with McCoist.

He'll have made a packet during his career, especially the EBT-fuelled years. No doubt he'll have made a few quid at the BBC.

Why is he so determined to squeeze as much cash out of them as he is? He is/was a legend through there and is eroding his reputation there by hanging on on the huge wages the way he is.

Surely this is his dream job and he'll be desperate to cement his reputation with them? Rangers fan, player, goalscorer, asst.manager then the manager who took them from the bottom to the top league? Surely he'd drop his wage demands in order to get them up?

I can't believe to prove a point he wouldn't work to the end of the season for nowt, fair enough he's lost the support of a lot of the fans but you'd expect him to still have the self-belief to bash on. At 9 points and still in 2 cups there's still a lot for them to play for. Their biggest challenges still lie off the park too imo.

Greedy barsteward.

But this is probably the last job he'll get in football, so he's holding out for as much as he can.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2014, 03:59 PM

By using a 3rd party.

Alan62
12-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Yes, I think that's how it will work. Basically McCoist is giving notice that he won't be renewing the contract. So it has 12 months to 'roll' after the notice point. The Rangers then have to either keep a manager who has resigned or put him on gardening leave for 12 months or reach an agreement on the terms of his immediate departure.

They can't afford options 2 and 3 there without new cash from somewhere and they won't want to have a manager in the dugout who isn't committed long term to the club. It's an interesting dilemma - particularly as it will escalate to include all his backroom team.

The gift just keeps on giving, eh?

silverhibee
12-12-2014, 04:09 PM
The problem Rangers have got is that they can't afford to hire a new manager.

Someone like McCall would want a decent wage and also say a 2 or 3 year contract. That's a decent liability they'd be signing themselves up for.

Durrant will get the gig until the end of the season.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes, I think that's how it will work. Basically McCoist is giving notice that he won't be renewing the contract. So it has 12 months to 'roll' after the notice point. The Rangers then have to either keep a manager who has resigned or put him on gardening leave for 12 months or reach an agreement on the terms of his immediate departure.

They can't afford options 2 and 3 there without new cash from somewhere and they won't want to have a manager in the dugout who isn't committed long term to the club. It's an interesting dilemma - particularly as it will escalate to include all his backroom team.

:agree: Although the cheap way out of this is to promote his number 2 to manager.

Alan62
12-12-2014, 04:12 PM
:agree: Although the cheap way out of this is to promote his number 2 to manager.

It is. The Bears are gonna love that, eh?

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 04:16 PM
It is. The Bears are gonna love that, eh?

They have absolutely no choice these days. :greengrin There's also the slight chance Walter Smith may come back, i wonder if he'd work for nothing?

I suppose Mike Ashley could also fund someone to come in too?

Alan62
12-12-2014, 04:18 PM
I suppose Mike Ashley could also fund someone to come in too?

Ashley's money comes with conditions. You wonder if it's a nice little stealth strategy to acquire some tasty assets on the cheap. After all, when they can't pay, the securities will fall to him.

bingo70
12-12-2014, 04:19 PM

Is that durrant? Did he not have a spell as caretaker before but had an absolute shocker?

heretoday
12-12-2014, 04:26 PM
I always quite liked McCoist. Great wee striker. Should never have been appointed manager. He'll struggle to get work elsewhere I reckon.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Hopefully with the boards rejection of his resignation he reconsiders and withdraws his resignation......

number9dream
12-12-2014, 04:59 PM

So Ally intends to stay until 12 December 2015? I'm not sure Ashley & co or the Bears will be having that... And what exactly are the board rejecting? A proposal to leave now if he is paid off in full? That was never going to wash and McCoist must know that.
Then we get all this rubbish about how he's just upset that tea ladies and the guys who cut the grass at Murray Park are losing their jobs, while me makes do on 50% of his £825K a year salary.
If they get promoted, can he say I was only kidding about that notice lads?
Of course the whole narrative could change again if Queen of the South get three points tonight.

Jim44
12-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Am I right in thinking that McCoist has said he will go, if they pay the remainder of his contract? The media are saying that he has resigned but the board do not accept his resignation because they can not afford it. Surely, if he had simply resigned, they could have waved bye bye at no cost to the club.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2014, 05:10 PM

Greedy barsteward.

Maybe he has been getting advice from Terry Butcher and has suddenly realised he has Green Fingers

AndyM_1875
12-12-2014, 05:14 PM
U

To be fair Rangers are the best soap opera around.

ancient hibee
12-12-2014, 05:16 PM
To be fair Rangers are the best soap opera around.

More like Dad's Army.They're all doomed-doomed ah tell ye.

AndyM_1875
12-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Is that durrant? Did he not have a spell as caretaker before but had an absolute shocker?

Kenny. McDowell is his number 2.

Durrant puts the cones out. And he probably struggles with that! ;-)

AndyM_1875
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Am I right in thinking that McCoist has said he will go, if they pay the remainder of his contract? The media are saying that he has resigned but the board do not accept his resignation because they can not afford it. Surely, if he had simply resigned, they could have waved bye bye at no cost to the club.

Gardning leave beckons. He can meet big Terry up at Dobbies!

Bronson
12-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Charles Green accepted a £1.3million resignation payout clause in McCoist's contract apparently. Along with selling the Ibrow naming rights for a single smackaroonie, the guy is a genius!

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2014, 05:20 PM
I always quite liked McCoist. Great wee striker. Should never have been appointed manager. He'll struggle to get work elsewhere I reckon.

Straight onto BBC Sportsound.

ancient hibee
12-12-2014, 05:22 PM

So he'll be able to tell other managers where they're going wrong.

Hibby Bairn
12-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Gardning leave beckons. He can meet big Terry up at Dobbies!

Terry and Ally.....new series of Beechgrove Garden. :greengrin

Iain G
12-12-2014, 05:24 PM

Greedy barsteward.

Because its likely to be his last ever football paycheck!!

ballengeich
12-12-2014, 05:26 PM

That sounds possible. If he's given 12 months notice then the board can't do anything about it. If he's offered to leave without working his notice provided he gets a payoff things are different.

Have these two given notice? Are they on rolling contracts too? A replacement manager would want his own assistants.

How can that happen? He's been refusing to talk to the BBC for months.

hibees 7062
12-12-2014, 05:26 PM

:agree: 2007

Iain G
12-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Vicious rumours doing the rounds that the BBC are bringing back A Question of Sport, perhaps Ally has had a wee tip off?!

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Vicious rumours doing the rounds that the BBC are bringing back A Question of Sport, perhaps Ally has had a wee tip off?!
It's never been away[emoji6]

Peevemor
12-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Durrant will get the gig until the end of the season.

Don't you mean "Durantie" - the crappest football nickname ever?

Iain G
12-12-2014, 05:37 PM
It's never been away[emoji6]

Well I have thank God ;-)

Bostonhibby
12-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Hopefully with the boards rejection of his resignation he reconsiders and withdraws his resignation......

:agree:Real huns don't do walking away http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+wee+wullie+blues+nose&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=FC7F9DD3AE34A923106CFC7F9DD3AE34A923106C

Sally must stay he is doing a great job, especially running down their cash.

Joe
12-12-2014, 05:39 PM

Yeah, this happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gGNIKOifaE

emerald green
12-12-2014, 05:43 PM
I wonder how all this stuff about McCoist will affect how the Huns perform tonight against QOS? A result Hibs will be very interested in.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I wonder how all this stuff about McCoist will affect how the Huns perform tonight against QOS? A result Hibs will be very interested in.

A draw would be pleasing

GordonR
12-12-2014, 05:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers are his one and only ever port of call as a manager, and he knows it. No bigger clubs are going to look at him, and I struggle to see him taking the drop in wages, status and resources to go to a smaller club and prove that he actually can manage without Rangers' open chequebook strategy.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2014, 06:01 PM

There's next to no chance they'll be in a straight line.

emerald green
12-12-2014, 06:03 PM
A draw would be pleasing

Yes, and that's where Hibs need to take full advantage and get all 3 points tomorrow.

magpie1892
12-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Dennis Wise has managed at clubs for Ashley before. He is also a great mate of Ashley. Would love that

No he hasn't.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 06:53 PM
No he hasn't.

Thought he took Millwall to the FA cup final? Just read it again, Ashley had nowt to do with Millwall.

carnoustiehibee
12-12-2014, 07:02 PM
:agree:Real huns don't do walking away http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+wee+wullie+blues+nose&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=FC7F9DD3AE34A923106CFC7F9DD3AE34A923106C

Sally must stay he is doing a great job, especially running down their cash.

Had that song in my head all day. video is one of my favourites.

Aldo
12-12-2014, 07:09 PM
It gets worse for Sally with a cracking goal for QOTS. And btw the ref bottled it and should of sent McGregor off for deliberate handball.. Defo goal scoring opportunity and was last man

Scorrie
12-12-2014, 07:09 PM
One nil to QOTS. Great free kick

PatHead
12-12-2014, 07:35 PM
No he hasn't.

Was he DoF then?

Bostonhibby
12-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Had that song in my head all day. video is one of my favourites.

It does have a habit of sticking! I thought it had to be one of the smellies at the wind up but on reflection he must be a fan of the old team , the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

brog
12-12-2014, 07:44 PM
One nil to QOTS. Great free kick

Yep, despite The Rangers wall only being about 8 yards away. Free kick was about 3 yards outside penalty box & The Rangers' players were in front of the pen spot. Too difficult for ref to work that one out though!

Col2
12-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Ian Black just got a football boot pressed very very hard on his Crown Jewels and was in igony. Slow motion suggests a stamp and a lot of pain.

Superb.

Saturday Boy
12-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Yep, despite The Rangers wall only being about 8 yards away. Free kick was about 3 yards outside penalty box & The Rangers' players were in front of the pen spot. Too difficult for ref to work that one out though!

The ref is a Dallas. Yes, son of Hugh. AsJock Stein was reported to have said to David Syme, "his father would have been proud of him."

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 07:53 PM
So Ally (we don't do walking away) McCoist has said he'll walk away at the end of his current 12 month rolling contract, as that way he doesn't walk away with nothing, which would be the consequence of resigning immediately.

Is that the deal?

Aldo
12-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Ian Black just got a football boot pressed very very hard on his Crown Jewels and was in igony. Slow motion suggests a stamp and a lot of pain. Superb.

Karma at it's best. ****ing roaster that he is. Horrible species of a so called human being.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 07:56 PM
League over if der Hun lose this, I reckon. Der mini Hun won't be caught.

Aldo
McCulloch cheating bassa!! Diving bassa. Why did the Queens player get booked there??

Hibs Class

Cannot argue with his scoring record but have to remember that it was in an unaffordable team where money that didn't exist was spent in an unsustainable pursuit of what has been ultimately seen as tainted success. But never liked him - despite his attempt to cultivate a cheeky chappie persona, his sneaky, nasty, bigoted, bullying reality surfaced every now and then, and latterly increasingly so. When his time as manager comes to an end, my hope is that this thoroughly dislikable little man disappears from public view forever.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2014, 07:57 PM
It gets worse for Sally with a cracking goal for QOTS. And btw the ref bottled it and should of sent McGregor off for deliberate handball.. Defo goal scoring opportunity and was last man
Pleasing in one way Aldo , but not so sure I want them pulling further away from us .Havent looked at Thier fixture list over festive period but I would have preferred to go into new year ahead of them and not still playing catch up

Future17
12-12-2014, 07:59 PM
It's impressive that, despite their fall down the divisions and current financial struggles, Therangers have retained their ability to put together a team of hideous and dirty human beings. Black, McCulloch, Mohsni, Boyd and a few others are proper, Grade A erchies.

Swedish hibee
12-12-2014, 08:01 PM
The whole is he leaving/will he leave just sums up this god awful rancid club.
And all the commentators talking about how McCoist put up with so much.. He was damn well paid for it to the sum of at least £400,000 a season.

Billy Whizz
It's impressive that, despite their fall down the divisions and current financial struggles, Therangers have retained their ability to put together a team of hideous and dirty human beings. Black, McCulloch, Mohsni, Boyd and a few others are proper, Grade A erchies.

Can't wait to welcome the players above at ER on the 27th December

Aldo
Pleasing in one way Aldo , but not so sure I want them pulling further away from us .Havent looked at Thier fixture list over festive period but I would have preferred to go into new year ahead of them and not still playing catch up

I know what yur saying Ronnie but we will make up any deficit IMHO.

I expect to finish 2 or 3rd (maybe even top which depends on who we sign in Jan transfer window. O and being optimistic).

Long way to go so plenty of points to play for.

Hermit Crab
12-12-2014, 08:08 PM
2-0 down. They should accept his resignation now.

Aldo
12-12-2014, 08:08 PM
What a ball, first touch and strike

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 08:12 PM
2-0 down. They should accept his resignation now.

Naw, he must stay. New contract!

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 08:14 PM
As it stands we are now 6 points behind QOS, maybe there's only one place left in the play off places?

Pretty Boy
12-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Pretty telling that there was zero reaction from the Rangers fans whe he came out the tunnel tonight and no show of support for him even when it was 0-0.

He's a dead man walking now.

Hermit Crab
What a ball, first touch and strike

:agree::agree:

Naw, he must stay. New contract!

Haha. Yes that would be nice.

SteveHFC
As it stands we are now 6 points behind QOS, maybe there's only one place left in the play off places?

And Falkirk not far behind us. Think if we don't make at least 4th then Stubbs has to go.

Andy74
12-12-2014, 08:17 PM

Bit too early for that chat. We win tomorrow it's 3 points with more than half a season to go.

Andy74
12-12-2014, 08:18 PM
And Falkirk not far behind us. Think if we don't make at least 4th then Stubbs has to go.

My word.

magpie1892
Was he DoF then?

Not sure what his job title was but he lasted a couple of months before getting bombed. He made a couple of horrendous and horrendously expensive signings but that was it. Unlike Pardew, Ashley had no real reason to keep him in post despite the ineptitude.

Hibernia&Alba

We'll be top four. Let's win tomorrow and close the gap on Rangers and Queens. If Hearts go twelve clear, it's as good as over, but then there's a scrap for second! If we beat The Rangers at ER, we're in that race.

SteveHFC
12-12-2014, 08:20 PM
We'll be top four. Let's win tomorrow and close the gap on Rangers and Queens. If Hearts go twelve clear, it's as good as over, but then there's a scrap for second! If we beat The Rangers at ER, we're in that race.

I know mate. Just wished we had won those home games against Raith, Dumbarton and Hearts now.

Peevemor
12-12-2014, 08:21 PM
My word.

Indeed

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 08:21 PM
My word.

I agree with him, any manager that couldn't get ANY hibs team in the top 4 of the championship is not a good enough manager for hibs.

bingo70
12-12-2014, 08:23 PM
I agree with him, any manager that couldn't get ANY hibs team in the top 4 of the championship is not a good enough manager for hibs.

Don't think many would disagree but it's far too early for that chat imo.

Andy74
12-12-2014, 08:23 PM

It's just a stupid thing to say right now though. Needless.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Bit too early for that chat. We win tomorrow it's 3 points with more than half a season to go.

Agree but sometimes we don't handle pressure or expectation at home ,and tomorrow is a big game in that there will be an expectation and pressure on us to win .Its Alloa ,and we should be capable of doing that but we really need to produce the goods tomorrow and I expect Stubbs to have them up for it and come out the traps flying and build on an early goal .

Aldo
12-12-2014, 08:24 PM

WHAT!! Sorry Stevie but what a statement to make.

That's everything that's been wrong with our club for the last 7 or so years.

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 08:25 PM
And Falkirk not far behind us. Think if we don't make at least 4th then Stubbs has to go. Have a word with yourself.

Aldo
12-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Black at it again. Dirty bassa!

SteveHFC
12-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Can't wait until we play Rangers in 2 weeks.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 08:28 PM
In fairness to Steve and BH, after the events of last season it's hardly surprising fans fear the worst when the pressure is on the team. It's just a thought they put out there, even if in panic.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 08:28 PM

When would be the right time Andy?

bingo70
12-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Can't wait until we play Rangers in 2 weeks.

We've struggled to beat teams a lot worse than the rangers at home so I wouldn't get too cocky about that game.

Smartie
12-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Der hun have been very poor but Queens have been superb tonight. Carmichael was quality.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 08:31 PM

We're only 6 points ahead of Dumbarton, simply not good enough at this stage of the season in my opinion

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Der hun have been very poor but Queens have been superb tonight. Carmichael was quality.

:agree: They are a decent side, and are rightly sitting in 3rd now breathing down the huns neck.

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 08:37 PM
How McCoist was allowed to take that team tonight shows how much a shambles The Rangers are. He's chucked it big time!

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Given that McCoist resigned, then why is he due any compensation?

bingo70
12-12-2014, 08:38 PM
:agree: They are a decent side, and are rightly sitting in 3rd now breathing down the huns neck.

I thought they were ***** against us.

Doesn't say very much about how good we were to be fair.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 08:38 PM
How McCoist was allowed to take that team tonight shows how much a shambles The Rangers are. He's chucked it big time!

Agree, he looked like a little boy lost in the dug out tonight..........so no change there then!

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
In fairness to Steve and BH, after the events of last season it's hardly surprising fans fear the worst when the pressure is on the team. It's just a thought they put out there, even if in panic.

I'm not panicking, but i do think the top 4 thats in place now should be the top 4 at the end of the season. What i would say is i hope we bring in real quality in january, as i dont feel this lot have enough to get us up.

And i feel QOS seem to be with us the best of the rest when taking out the top 2, so in my opinion there is only one place left.

And if we should fail to even reach 4th place, it would be clear the manager does not have the correct ability to manage the club.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I thought they were ***** against us.

Doesn't say very much about how good we were to be fair.

Agree QoS are a pretty poor football team, we have played them off the park each time we have came up against them this season, but just have not got the result we deserved....

McIntosh
I agree with him, any manager that couldn't get ANY hibs team in the top 4 of the championship is not a good enough manager for Hibs. Since I started supporting Hibs in the early 1970s this is clearly the biggest rebuilding jobs.I don't think you ever factor this into your thinking. Even talking about replacing Stubbs is total nonsense.

Thecat23
Agree, he looked like a little boy lost in the dug out tonight..........so no change there then!

[emoji1] exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whiskyhibby
[emoji1] exactly

[emoji1]

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Given that McCoist resigned, then why is he due any compensation?

I think it's due to the fact that he's not renewing his 12 month rolling contract

HappyAsHellas
12-12-2014, 08:42 PM
If we can get our first choice 11 on the park then I think we could still do it with the players we have. January windows tend to be a bit cack, although it will be interesting to see who AS has targeted.

whiskyhibby
I think it's due to the fact that he's not renewing his 12 month rolling contract

Sorry I still don't get it....if he chooses to renage on his contract, then surely The Rangers could sue him?

blackpoolhibs
My word this nonsense.

Please explain why a hibs team who finish 5th in the championship should keep the manager?

snedzuk
12-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Are you mad - stubbsy = best thing to happen at easter road for ages -for chrissakkes lets have some support for a change - stubbsy stubbsy.

brog
12-12-2014, 08:44 PM

So 4 points behind is breathing down the Huns neck but us 6 points behind with a game in hand & we should write off 3rd place! I know you like to be provocative BH but that's nonsense!

Hibernia&Alba
I get the feeling this lame duck manager situation at Rangers just isn't going to work. Pleasing.

Brightside
QoS played really good football tonight, but Rangers are shocking. We'll still be up there fighting for first place. :wink:

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Sorry I still don't get it....if he chooses to renage on his contract, then surely The Rangers could sue him?

He's not renaging on it, just now renewing for another 12 months. Think Ally and his advisers have played a blinder here

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 08:46 PM
So he hasn't resigned then, he is seeing out his contract?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2014, 08:46 PM

So have the players - I watched the last half hour and Qots were the much better side. With names like they have on that team sheet they Gould be strolling the league. I know McCoists making an arse of it but the players should be embarrassed.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 08:47 PM
So 4 points behind is breathing down the Huns neck but us 6 points behind with a game in hand & we should write off 3rd place! I know you like to be provocative BH but that's nonsense!

Did you read what i said, I said between us we are the best of the rest after the top 2?

brog
What a foul, disgusting team The Rangers are & Ian Black is the poster boy for their behaviour. A craven, sleekit coward.

Brightside
Are you mad - stubbsy = best thing to happen at easter road for ages -for chrissakkes lets have some support for a change - stubbsy stubbsy.

I'd be gutted if we lose Stubbs. We have the backroom staff we've needed for years and they are turning it around.

Billy Whizz
So he hasn't resigned then, he is seeing out his contract?

Yes, but do Rangers want a Manager who doesn't want to be there

bingo70
He's not renaging on it, just now renewing for another 12 months. Think Ally and his advisers have played a blinder here

Playing a blinder would be to get his team winning.

Future17

He's "offered" to resign. Basically, he's saying he'll walk away if adequately compensated. If therangers board don't want to pay him off to his satisfaction, he'll either have to carry on or walk away with nothing.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Playing a blinder would be to get his team winning.

Not in my opinion

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 08:50 PM
He's "offered" to resign. Basically, he's saying he'll walk away if adequately compensated. If therangers board don't want to pay him off to his satisfaction, he'll either have to carry on or walk away with nothing.

Yup, in other words he's going nowhere without his money. This a man who has already taken millions out of the Newco. Loyal to the half crown.

bingo70
Not in my opinion

Getting a big pay off is better than being successful?

brog
Did you read what i said, I said between us we are the best of the rest after the top 2?

You also said we're 6 points behind Queens & maybe there's only one play off place left, that's the post to which I'm referring.

whiskyhibby

Sorry I don't see the difference , either he has resigned, or is seeing out his contract, if he has said he is happy to resign once he receives a pay off, is hardly the act of a " Rangers legend" who 'loves' the club and its fans, seems like the actions of someone who is treating The Rangers and its fans with contempt, but I guess the blue nose clowns won't see that.....

Bronson
12-12-2014, 08:51 PM

I despair on here sometimes:rolleyes:

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Please explain why a hibs team who finish 5th in the championship should keep the manager? This is the biggest rebuilding job in over 50 years - that says it all. We have fallen massively - simple as that.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Getting a big pay off is better than being successful?

He's not doing a very good job, but would you work in a company that's a mess that The Rangers are, putting the money aside, which McCoist doesn't really need anyway

snedzuk
12-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Sorry I don't see the difference , either he has resigned, or is seeing out his contract, if he has said he is happy to resign once he receives a pay off, is hardly the act of a " Rangers legend" who 'loves' the club and its fans, seems like the actions of someone who is treating The Rangers and its fans with contempt, but I guess the blue nose clowns won't see that.....

If you've been shafted, shaft them back.

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 08:57 PM
So have the players - I watched the last half hour and Qots were the much better side. With names like they have on that team sheet they Gould be strolling the league. I know McCoists making an arse of it but the players should be embarrassed.

The players are embarrassed with a lot of unrest in the dressing room.

Golden Bear
12-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I despair on here sometimes:rolleyes:

My guess is that he's doing his usual wind up act.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 09:00 PM
If you've been shafted, shaft them back.

Exactly what a ' Legend ' should do.......and he's hardly been shafted having a salary and budget which is EPL standard and delivered a division 3 & 2 title......the clown is out of his depth and I suspect his wage level was to keep him onside during a period where ' The Rangers' were subject to a multi million pound fraud and to have his influence and input in order to keep the fans in their places.....

bingo70
12-12-2014, 09:01 PM
He's not doing a very good job, but would you work in a company that's a mess that The Rangers are, putting the money aside, which McCoist doesn't really need anyway

He knows they're struggling financially and he's made a lot out of them.

If I was him I'd walk away without a pay off. Same way that any normal person that's struggling in a job has to do eventually.

The fact he's hanging on to get whatever he can out of a club he supposedly loves says a lot about the guy, imo.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM
You also said we're 6 points behind Queens & maybe there's only one play off place left, that's the post to which I'm referring.

What i probably should have said a little better is, we along with QOS should be the final 2 teams in the play offs, but in my opinion only one of us could drop out. And if it was us, then the manager should take the blame and walk or be pushed.

Thats why i said there is probably only one spot left, and i hate us playing catch up. Why cant we ever be the team that needs to be caught?

As for being controversial, this was never meant to be a controversial post. Its my opinion, people dont have to agree but thats what i thought the message board was all about?

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM
The players are embarrassed with a lot of unrest in the dressing room.

Too many players long past their sell by dates playing for them. Guys like Forster, McCulloch, Millier, Black and Daly etc, are finished

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Too many players long past their sell by dates playing for them. Guys like Forster, McCulloch, Millier, Black and Daly etc, are finished

I have to say ( and it pains me to do so) but Miller looked finished, even at this level.......

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 09:04 PM
My guess is that he's doing his usual wind up act.

You may think what he said premature, but if we were to miss the play offs, of course the discussion about the manager would be had. This place would be in meltdown.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 09:06 PM
I have to say ( and it pains me to do so) but Miller looked finished, even at this level.......
Glad we didn't sign him.

I forgot to add Boyd to this. You can have 1/2 like this, but not 4/5

SaulGoodman
12-12-2014, 09:06 PM
You may think what he said premature, but if we were to miss the play offs, of course the discussion about the manager would be had. This place would be in meltdown.

This place is in meltdown after one defeat nevermind missing promotion.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Glad we didn't sign him.

I forgot to add Boyd to this. You can have 1/2 like this, but not 4/5

Agree McCulloch looks well past it, even Black looks a shadow of his previous self........( horrible,little,****er that he is)

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 09:08 PM

That's true enough :-D

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 09:08 PM

I agree Billy! That and bad tactics has cost them.

sh00byd00
12-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I really hope we get Rangers in the play offs. For as bad as we are, their problems seem to be all over the pitch whereas ours is just up front. We sort that, Rangers would do well winning a play off.

portycabbage
12-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Weird press conference with Swally on the radio - handing in your notice, and then refusing to comment on "speculation" and "rumours" (as he put it) when asked about it, and also saying he's basically wanting to stay on.

jdships
12-12-2014, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers are his one and only ever port of call as a manager, and he knows it. No bigger clubs are going to look at him, and I struggle to see him taking the drop in wages, status and resources to go to a smaller club and prove that he actually can manage without Rangers' open chequebook strategy.

:top marks
Spoke with a couple of ex Hbs long serving players this afternoon and that was exactly what they said
" When you have managed Rangers the only way is down " was one quote I liked :greengrin
Can't be short of a bob or two can our "Sally" . It was fairly common knowledge in RBS lunch rooms that in 1998 his " Testimonial fund" was close to £ 500.000 !!

sh00byd00
12-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I hope he does stay on. He makes Butcher seem like Mourinho

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 09:21 PM
What i probably should have said a little better is, we along with QOS should be the final 2 teams in the play offs, but in my opinion only one of us could drop out. And if it was us, then the manager should take the blame and walk or be pushed.

Thats why i said there is probably only one spot left, and i hate us playing catch up. Why cant we ever be the team that needs to be caught?

As for being controversial, this was never meant to be a controversial post. Its my opinion, people dont have to agree but thats what i thought the message board was all about? Controversial - yes and also wrong on so many different levels. One of your weaknesses in your analysis is that you do not seem to realise that this is the biggest rebuilding exercise since World War Two.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Controversial - yes and also wrong on so many different levels. One of your weaknesses in your analysis is that you do not seem to realise that this is the biggest rebuilding exercise since World War Two.

Christ almighty, the biggest rebuilding job since world war 2. :faf: Now that's controversial.

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Christ almighty, the biggest rebuilding job since world war 2. :faf: Now that's controversial. tell me a greater rebuilding exercise please

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 09:31 PM
tell me a greater rebuilding exercise please

Every bloody season we change 6 7 8 players, in fact most teams do and do it in a better league than the Championship. I also saw someone post last week or the week before when hearts beat someone at home convincingly, that they fielded 6 or 7 players they signed in the summer.

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Every bloody season we change 6 7 8 players, in fact most teams do and do it in a better league than the Championship. I also saw someone post last week or the week before when hearts beat someone at home convincingly, that they fielded 6 or 7 players they signed in the summer.

lol - just answer the question it is very simple for a man of your blinding insight and all knowing knowledge of everything Hibs.

Alfred E Newman
12-12-2014, 09:36 PM

It's now starting to go into meltdown because Rangers have lost to QOS. It's amazing how certain posters on here seem to make a career out of negativity . It wouldnt surprise me to see Harris and Handling starting to take some flak for tonight's result as well.

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 09:38 PM
It's now starting to go into meltdown because Rangers have lost to QOS. It's amazing how certain posters on here seem to make a career out of negativity . It wouldnt surprise me to see Harris and Handling starting to take some flak for tonight's result as well. Quoted for truth and sadly it is the usual suspects.

JimBHibees
12-12-2014, 09:41 PM
He knows they're struggling financially and he's made a lot out of them.

If I was him I'd walk away without a pay off. Same way that any normal person that's struggling in a job has to do eventually.

The fact he's hanging on to get whatever he can out of a club he supposedly loves says a lot about the guy, imo.

Couldn't agree more, either resign or don't. Fans will now force him to resign after performances like that. All a bit bizarre.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 09:41 PM
lol - just answer the question it is very simple for a man of your blinding insight and all knowing knowledge of everything Hibs.

You make it sound as if we are the only club that rebuilds it team, well we are not. And we are also doing it in the championship.

And our last game a 1-0 defeat away at Falkirk had 7 players from last seasons squad start the game. Compare that to hearts starting with 7 new players signed in the summer, they also had Sow and the other forward who's name escapes me not playing.

Perhaps they have also had their biggest rebuild since winning the 2nd world war?

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 09:47 PM
You make it sound as if we are the only club that rebuilds it team, well we are not. And we are also doing it in the championship.

And our last game a 1-0 defeat away at Falkirk had 7 players from last seasons squad start the game. Compare that to hearts starting with 7 new players signed in the summer, they also had Sow and the other forward who's nme escapes me not playing.

Perhaps they have also had their biggest rebuild since inning the 2nd world war?

You do make me laugh but sadly not in a good way. You seem to conflate signing with rebuilding. The club needed to be rebuilt top to bottom well beyond the playing staff. What has been put into place is very reassuring, particularly going forward. That is your problem - you prove by your comments that there is none as blind as those that will not see.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 09:52 PM
You do make me laugh but sadly not in a good way. You seem to conflate signing with rebuilding. The club needed to be rebuilt top to bottom well beyond the playing staff. What has been put into place is very reassuring, particularly going forward. That is your problem - you prove by your comments that there is none as blind as those that will not see.

And you make it out to be worse than it actually is with you biggest rebuild since ww2. I can see exactly whats going on, maybe the spitfires are getting in your way.

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 09:55 PM
And you make it out to be worse than it actually is with you biggest rebuild since ww2. I can see exactly whats going on, maybe the spitfires are getting in your way. Comedy gold you accusing anyone of making it worse than it actually is. What is really funny is that you cannot see the irony of your comments.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Guys, this is a Sally thread and yet another opportunity to laugh at The Rangers. Let's enjoy it.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Comedy gold you accusing anyone of making it worse than it actually is. What is really funny is that you cannot see the irony of your comments.

Oh i can see it, but that blows anything i have ever said right out the water. :top marks

Northernhibee
12-12-2014, 10:00 PM
It's now starting to go into meltdown because Rangers have lost to QOS. It's amazing how certain posters on here seem to make a career out of negativity . It wouldnt surprise me to see Harris and Handling starting to take some flak for tonight's result as well.

TBF, name one thing that Danny Handling did tonight? No good enough :grr::grr:

portycabbage
12-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Aforementioned weird press conference (1.55 onwards)-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/30459041

McIntosh
12-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Oh i can see it, but that blows anything i have ever said right out the water. :top marks You sell yourself very short - I have just been rereading your greatest hits :rolleyes: I now cannot think of you as blackpoolhibs more Frazer from Dad's army. Did you not realise that our fellow posters were talking about you and your legendary negativity earlier?

Badge
12-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Since I started supporting Hibs in the early 1970s this is clearly the biggest rebuilding jobs.I don't think you ever factor this into your thinking. Even talking about replacing Stubbs is total nonsense.
Spot on.

jacomo
12-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Aforementioned weird press conference (1.55 onwards)-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/30459041

Did you hand in a resignation letter or no, Swally?

It's a bizarre episode. Can't imagine the Board would plan this to happen while they are away in London (M Ashley calling the shots right there, btw). Mind you, who knows with that lot.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Forgetting about the McCoist situation for a second as I'm not concerned by that at all. After last night's result has put Queen of the South six points ahead of us, we really need to get six points from our next two games, going into the double header against Sevco and Hearts.

Any dropped points either today or next week at Raith Rovers will put us in a really difficult situation.

CallumLaidlaw
12-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Forgetting about the McCoist situation for a second as I'm not concerned by that at all. After last night's result has put Queen of the South six points ahead of us, we really need to get six points from our next two games, going into the double header against Sevco and Hearts.

Any dropped points either today or next week at Raith Rovers will put us in a really difficult situation.

I agree. It's a funny one Tho. Queens had a proper go at rangers tonight, but when they came to easter road a few weeks ago, they played for a point from kick off. That QOTS team gave me no real concerns about a full season challenge but they looked really good tonight.
Tomorrow is a very important game. We now can't afford to be dropping these points. We need a minimum of 8 points from next 4 games, but 10 would be nice.

poolman
12-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Ian Black just got a football boot pressed very very hard on his Crown Jewels and was in igony. Slow motion suggests a stamp and a lot of pain.

Superb.

How sad, I'll never sleep now for worry

Sir David Gray
12-12-2014, 11:43 PM
How sad, I'll never sleep now for worry

Hope it hurt.

A lot.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2014, 11:53 PM
I agree. It's a funny one Tho. Queens had a proper go at rangers tonight, but when they came to easter road a few weeks ago, they played for a point from kick off. That QOTS team gave me no real concerns about a full season challenge but they looked really good tonight.
Tomorrow is a very important game. We now can't afford to be dropping these points. We need a minimum of 8 points from next 4 games, but 10 would be nice.

We must beat Alloa and Raith Rovers. Apart from anything else, these teams just shouldn't be taking points off us.

I'm sorry if that comes across as arrogant but that's the truth.

Then we go into a huge match at home to Sevco. We should be looking to win that one too, especially if we want to be thought of as one of the big boys in this league. We are currently ten points behind them with a game in hand, if we can make that seven points today and then potentially four points with a victory against them in a couple of weeks then it puts us in a great position going into the new year.

Then we have a trip to Tynecastle to start 2015. I would love to think that we can get something there but I won't hold my breath. Their record at home so far this season has been very impressive (*washing my mouth out as we speak*) and anything we get there is a bonus.

I would be happy with nine points from our next four games.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Guys, this is a Sally thread and yet another opportunity to laugh at The Rangers. Let's enjoy it.
Agree.I think this new club were in the middle of the biggest rebuild since world war 2 and in view of the mess Sally has got them into at great expense it looks like they Will have a post nuclear event rebuild once he is sacked. A bit of a mess when you consider that all he is after is a way to escape the car crash with the most cash he can before he goes to the media to say it was all somebody else's fault.

Odious creature who is at exactly the right club.

Ronniekirk
13-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Oh i can see it, but that blows anything i have ever said right out the water. :top marks

If your still making world war 2 comparisons I think you will find its a Submarine that does the last bit best .Maybe you two should sign a peace treaty . :agree::agree: and leave Stubbs to get on with his rebuilding work .Thete is no doubt he was left with a big job to do ,but he can only do so much in each Transfer Window and as long as he keeps improving us each time that's all we can expect in our current Financial position .
But to stick with the nautical war theme this thread is about commenting on how Secvo have Torpedoed themselves and are taking in water ,the question is will they sink or can they keep afloat till the end of the season

Keith_M
13-12-2014, 09:12 AM
DotNet is totally crazy. No matter what the thread topic, it ends up being a long list of digs at Hibs, with posters (the usual suspects, mostly) calling each other names and making digs at one another.

I suppose it's good for a laugh....and for manic depressives :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
13-12-2014, 09:26 AM
@AndyDev28: Ian Baraclough is the new Motherwell manager. Full story at @scotsunsport online.

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2014, 09:54 AM
@AndyDev28: Ian Baraclough is the new Motherwell manager. Full story at @scotsunsport online.

Stubbs out Baraclough in.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2014, 12:27 PM
If your still making world war 2 comparisons I think you will find its a Submarine that does the last bit best .Maybe you two should sign a peace treaty . :agree::agree: and leave Stubbs to get on with his rebuilding work .Thete is no doubt he was left with a big job to do ,but he can only do so much in each Transfer Window and as long as he keeps improving us each time that's all we can expect in our current Financial position .
But to stick with the nautical war theme this thread is about commenting on how Secvo have Torpedoed themselves and are taking in water ,the question is will they sink or can they keep afloat till the end of the season

:greengrin This is something we all hope he does in January, because if we dont it will go down like the Belgrano with more than just me. :wink:

heretoday
13-12-2014, 01:21 PM

If you can call that work.

Bostonhibby
13-12-2014, 04:22 PM

Could be a big gamble, his only previous managerial experience seems to have been managing the Rovers Return in Coronation Street - not really a proper pub but he did seem to sort out Bet Lynch.

bigwheel
13-12-2014, 04:39 PM

Was never sure about him since he refereed that game on the porridge Xmas special ! [emoji6]

Bostonhibby
13-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Was never sure about him since he refereed that game on the porridge Xmas special ! [emoji6]
Looked like a yam though[emoji1]

bigwheel
13-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Looked like a yam though[emoji1]

Ha! Most definitely ! :)