PDA

View Full Version : EEN - Interesting insight into Management trio

JimBHibees
11-12-2014, 11:30 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/john-doolan-lifts-lid-on-hibs-coaching-trio-s-home-life-1-3631521

Quite an interesting insight into the management trio and what they do during the week.

3pm
11-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Interesting read.

Kato
11-12-2014, 11:38 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/john-doolan-lifts-lid-on-hibs-coaching-trio-s-home-life-1-3631521

Quite an interesting insight into the management trio and what they do during the week.

Roy Castle sang a song about that.

J-C
11-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Loved the bit about new recruits with LD saying we've had too many misfits over the years and that's something they're looking at when getting a player in, about time.

Steve20
11-12-2014, 11:48 AM
I hope it works out for them because Stubbs comes across as a really good guy. But, 'the revival of Hibs on-field fortunes'?? I don't think we're anywhere close to that. 19 points behind Hearts and 10 behind Rangers before Christmas. The football might not be as eye bleedingly bad as previous managers but results have been poor and have to improve or they'll have failed in getting us promoted (anything less than that will be failure).

Leith_Hibee
11-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Its improving but there are still too many drab performances for my liking where teams sit in and the game is played at walking pace.

lapsedhibee
11-12-2014, 12:22 PM

All very well sharing accommodation but why oh why couldn't they be continually throwing oranges at each other to improve their reactions?

Stevie Reid
11-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Really good and interesting read - hopefully some insight into just how hard these three are working to turn our fortunes around will prevent the need of some to completely re-evaluate where we are going after every any bad result.

JimBHibees
11-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Really good and interesting read - hopefully some insight into just how hard these three are working to turn our fortunes around will prevent the need of some to completely re-evaluate where we are going after every any bad result.

Definitely, lets see where we are at the end of the season. The shambles they have inherited was never going to be turned round immediately and they need a decent period of time to turn it all around. There have been blips however there have also been some excellent games and just hope we can avoid the injuries and self inflicted indiscipline which has slowed down some of the progress recently.

jacomo
11-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Interesting stuff, but doesn't sound lik a long term solution to me. I mean, how much can 3 men sharing a flat in Porty take?! :wink:

I suppose I never really expected Stubbs to move his family to Edinburgh, but does highlight how football management works these days. 2 years is seen as a good stint.

Franck Stanton
11-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Lets face it, this season our aim is, and always has been, is to get into the play-offs and try and win the 6 games to gain promotion. With the shambles Stubbs inherited even that was/is a big ask. Confident we will end up in the top 4 [3rd/4th makes no difference in over-all as would still have 6 games to play]. Whether we will come out on top of all play-off games is doubtful with the personnel presently at Stubbs disposal, makes this transfer window very important.

ancient hibee
11-12-2014, 05:41 PM
9 of the match day 18 were 20 years old or less-bound to be blips.

Stuarty27
11-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Strange that they haven't moved there families up and moved here...

That worries me a wee bit

ancient hibee
11-12-2014, 05:51 PM
It's not exactly the other side of the world.

JimBHibees
11-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Strange that they haven't moved there families up and moved here...

That worries me a wee bit

They are no doubt not young kids and will be settled in their education.