PDA

View Full Version : Saturday...Hibs TV - Show Time!

California-Hibs
10-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Well, this days the day. All the months of delay after delay, excuse after excuse, all comes to an end!

The email was sent out a few weeks ago with the good news that the cable has finally been installed and that the 13th is the new service launch day!

So tell me this.....why do I still have a feeling that the live broadcast won't be happening this week?!

worcesterhibby
10-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Well, this days the day. All the months of delay after delay, excuse after excuse, all comes to an end!

The email was sent out a few weeks ago with the good news that the cable has finally been installed and that the 13th is the new service launch day!

So tell me this.....why do I still have a feeling that the live broadcast won't be happening this week?!

because we are Hibs fans and you have come to rely on disappointment as the norm !

PeeJay
10-12-2014, 05:17 PM

Experience? I guess at some point during the 90 minutes we will find out if it really is up and running ... maybe :greengrin

Septimus
10-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I'll believe it when I se it.

PatHead
10-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Was raised again today and management are as confident as they can be about it working. All the parts and the cable are in situ.

Good luck on Saturday!

Jack
10-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Was raised again today and management are as confident as they can be about it working. All the parts and the cable are in situ.

Good luck on Saturday!

Indeed. A director staked his life on it!

He feels your pain - let's hope he doesn't do anything more drastic or he'll get a severe ticking off from another director BTG!!

California-Hibs
11-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Well heres hoping. I just can't for the life of me understand why they don't advertise this more and put up a post say on the official site that the new service is still on track for this Saturday, or even send out an email about it.

Very strange. Hopefully as I say, Saturday brings a welcome surprise. Oh and in response to the above poster claiming I 'come to rely disappointment as the norm' If you had paid an annual subscription fee I'm pretty sure you yourself would be pretty annoyed and full of anticipation having not yet even managed to view a single game on the service...and it's December.

Septimus
11-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Should I start getting excited ?

mikewynne
12-12-2014, 03:41 PM
This just arrived:

Hello there

At long last, I can deliver the news that everybody has been waiting for – tomorrow’s game against Alloa Athletic will be streamed live from Easter Road (broadcast starts at 2.30pm UK time).

We fully appreciate your patience and understanding during this wholly frustrating wait to get the service back up and running.

As unbelievable as it may sound, it has taken an incredible amount of time for the bespoke broadband line to be installed and ready to use at Easter Road.

But that has now finally happened – with the install of a gateway on Monday – and the line is now ready to show all home games (including the Scottish Cup tie against Arbroath on Saturday 7 February).

At Saturday’s match, Hibs TV is planning to show a three-camera broadcast at a high quality, so you are invited to join presenter Cliff Pike, commentator Martin Glancy and pundit Kevin Harper (who may be absent due to his wife about to give birth any day now).

At 2.30pm, Cliff will be chatting with under-20s striker Gareth McCaffrey to find out the latest from the SPFL Development League and the next generation of Hibs first team players.

Then at half-time, Jordon Forster will be joining Cliff to discuss the latest step in his comeback from injury.

So there is plenty to look forward to and plenty to watch tomorrow – hopefully everybody will be pleased with the product they receive.

Please find attached a PDF of tomorrow’s match programme, The Hibernian, which contains a feature on Lewis Stevenson, Alan Stubbs’ exclusive column and a feature on the Hibs career of the late, great Bobby Smith.

This week all accounts will be credited with an extra month (if your subscription has already lapsed please email me back asap and I will amend it manually right away).

Thanks once again for your patience and understanding and enjoy tomorrow’s broadcast.

Many thanks (GGTTH)

Andrew

Andrew Sleight | Media Manager | Hibernian Football Club | Easter Road Stadium | EH7 5QG

Description: htv

Latest News from www.hibernianfc.co.uk

The information in this email message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee only and should not be read, copied, forwarded or otherwise used by any other person. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank you for your cooperation. Please consider the environment before printing this mail

The Hibernian Football Club Limited Registered Address: Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5QG Registered in Scotland No 5323

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm pleased for all the foreign based fans

PeeJay
12-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm pleased for all the foreign based fans

I'm pleased you're pleased for "us" ... let's hope we're "all" pleased on Saturday after the result and live broadcast ... :greengrin

Thecat23
12-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Still think it was bad they were taking money off folk yet not providing the proper service. The ones already signed up should get couple months for free.

worcesterhibby
12-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Oh and in response to the above poster claiming I 'come to rely disappointment as the norm' If you had paid an annual subscription fee I'm pretty sure you yourself would be pretty annoyed and full of anticipation having not yet even managed to view a single game on the service...and it's December.

Mate I feel your pain and I do pay for the Hibs TV UK service which has it's own problems. Really hope the service works well for you this weekend and that you get to watch a hatful of Hibby goals. :thumbsup:

Callum_62
12-12-2014, 07:45 PM
3 cameras??? :hyper:dizzy::dizzy:

California-Hibs
12-12-2014, 08:02 PM
3 cameras??? :hyper:dizzy::dizzy:

This part really excites me! I can't wait to see it now tomorrow!

Billy Whizz
12-12-2014, 08:02 PM
This part really excites me! I can't wait to see it now tomorrow!

Have you seen us play at home?

California-Hibs
12-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Have you seen us play at home?

:greengrin

Tinribs
12-12-2014, 10:18 PM
If it all goes well, i will re-subscribe to the international package. Cancelled a few weeks ago in frustration.

hongkonghibee
13-12-2014, 01:39 PM
2.30pm has gone...nothing yet on HibsTV!

hongkonghibee
13-12-2014, 01:42 PM
2.30pm has gone...nothing yet on HibsTV!

Wow..live video now working in hongkong!!!

Callum_62
13-12-2014, 02:29 PM
I slept on, so just up - 4.30am here

HOLY CRAP - I can actually see who has the ball now?

:greengrin

mikewynne
13-12-2014, 02:56 PM
A bit jumpy but blimey it's actually pretty decent! And multiple cameras too! :)

Callum_62
13-12-2014, 03:08 PM
I changed mine back to normal quality (missed the goal due to that!) bugger

not many buffering issues since that change

Like the mjority of NZ, we are still on ADSL broadband - fibre has been ordered tho, which may help

all in all, more than decent so far :thumbsup:

Centre Hawf
13-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Glad its back up and running. A bit jumpy at times but all in all it looks like product could be great.

California-Hibs
13-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Brilliant that the service was up and working today. Major step up in quality, was great to see! The only downfall was it being a bit jumpy, but once they sort that out it'll be great!

The main camera was the stand out, not so sure about the quality/usage of the other 2. In the 2nd half it was zoomed in a bit too much (main camera) and never got changed which was kinda annoying.

If theres one thing that I'd love for them to include, it would be replays! Not sure how easy/hard this is, but having them like other fan based video streams have would be great!

Well done Hibs TV, a happy hibee here in California, work on the jumpy kinks though :aok:

GreenLake
13-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Brilliant that the service was up and working today. Major step up in quality, was great to see! The only downfall was it being a bit jumpy, but once they sort that out it'll be great!

The main camera was the stand out, not so sure about the quality/usage of the other 2. In the 2nd half it was zoomed in a bit too much (main camera) and never got changed which was kinda annoying.

If theres one thing that I'd love for them to include, it would be replays! Not sure how easy/hard this is, but having them like other fan based video streams have would be great!

Well done Hibs TV, a happy hibee here in California, work on the jumpy kinks though :aok:

I like what they are trying to do and it came off very well except for one camera being out of focus and slight jittering of the picture. Great job for the first broadcast though and very close to being perfect. Well done HibsTV.

PeeJay
14-12-2014, 08:46 AM
My HQ picture was jumpy all way through first half, and the linking of the 3 cameras doesn't work (IMO, but maybe that will come with time?) - I was on my Mac at first, switched 2nd half back to a Win 8 machine and the picture wasn't as jumpy anymore (not sure if that means anything or if Hibs TV simply changed things at HT) - overall, a far better performance than anything previously, enjoyed the video interviews pre-match and at HT - lots of room for improvement, but great to have the service running at last - pity the match itself was so poor ...

HiBremian
14-12-2014, 09:45 AM
I was getting the jitters from the main camera as well, but otherwise the picture quality was excellent. I have no issues with the intercutting between cameras, it often worked quite well, except for the fact that the wide camera(s) didn't have a camera operator behind it/them so the shots were often mis-aligned. But think it through - 2 or 3 camera operators, a vision mixer and a sound dude means 4/5 person team minimum behind the cameras, and all volunteers. Pretty difficult to muster a team like that together every other week on zero wages ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk